+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 45 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: FM10 Small Club to Big Club Big Euro Nation Challenge

Third Team

Default FM10 Small Club to Big Club Big Euro Nation Challenge

Welcome to the third season of the Big Euro Nation Challenge, this year sponsored by iacovone, Lower Leagues Rule & rlipscombe in place of founder JoseRR.

The challenge runs similarly to many of the other popular challenges seen in the CSE forum (see dafuge's, Gundo's, rancer's and razor's) in that the aim is to guide a previously unplayable club from one of the below chosen league's to the top of the domestic and European food chain.

The Possible Countries

The available nations to manage are:

France
    Spain
    Italy
    Portugal
    Germany

additional:

Holland
    Scotland
    Turkey

A word on the above three newly added leagues: With the help of my two accomplices (Lower Leagues Rule & rlipscombe), we have found a niche in the challenge market...Scotland! The issue that has always existed with Scotland and Holland is the absence of a promotion/relegation structure in the bottom playable league. This year however, we are experimenting with a new format. If you choose to manage in Scotland you should holiday for one year (as per usual) and then select the team that finished rock bottom of this league. If you choose to manage in Holland you should holiday the game for two years as this is when the new relegation/promotion rules come into play. Turkey should be holidayed as per usual and is a new addition to the challenge as it's league reputation is now too large for Gundo's challenge.

Saved Games (holidayed):

Scotland - Elgin - Saved 1st June
    Scottish Save - Stranraer - 16th of June
    Holland -
    Spain - Saved at Reset Date
    Portugal - Saved 28th June (Reset 30th)
    Italy - Saved 28th June (Reset 30th)
    France - Saved 19th June (Reset 20th)
    Germany - 1 day before reset date

League Reset Dates:

Based on FM09, a list of all the league reset dates are shown below. If you have found any changes to this, please let me know.

Code:

France     -   19th June
    Germany    -   19th June
    Italy      -   29th June
    Portugal   -   23rd June
    Spain      -   10th July 
    Holland    -   7th July
    The Rules -Playing

Load a game with all the available divisions within the nation you selected only (only one nation is allowed).

A large database should be ticked (although you are free to choose a medium or small database option if you wish). Any official SI patch may be used, but no other edited databases can be used for this challenge.

You may also go into 'custom' database and add 'top players' from any continent you choose.

Attribute masking should be enabled, with no additional players from any nation loaded.

The extra levels of detail that you can change while in the game are up to you, as they shouldn't make a difference. It is advised that you select ‘Load all Players’ for the country you are in. (This has been proven to provide you with over 50% more players in some countries!)

Add yourself as an unemployed manager, the details are not important at all, as you will not use this man to manage your club.

Go on holiday until the reset date of your chosen nation, this shouldn't take that long, perhaps about an hour. Saving on the day before this date may give you a better choice of teams by reloading the game then going on holiday for one day, I would strongly recommend trying this.

Retire your unemployed manager. Add a new manager, the options are up to you but 'past experience' must be set to the lowest possible which is 'Sunday league footballer'. I have no issue with the chosen nationality of your manager - in fact I would suggest that choosing the nationality that fits your chosen country to manage in would be the fairest option.

Then choose to take over any club which has been promoted to the bottom playable league of your nation.

You must now manage this club to the national top division title, then progress to be champions of Europe. This doesn’t have to occur in the same season, just with the same club. Should you be sacked at any point during the game, you may either re-start the challenge with a new team and a new save game, or you may wish to continue on your current save game, taking over a club at the end of the season under the same rules as before.

There are no restrictions on parent and feeder clubs, and you must be able to scout a player before you buy them - you don’t have to actually scout them, just that the option is available. You may also sign players you can attract to the club via a trial.

The use of any external utilities and editors (Such as Genie Scout or FMM) are prohibited.

DDT Files
    (kindly provided by Lower Leagues Rule)

France
    Germany
    Holland
    Italy
    Portugal
    Scotland
    Spain (updated)

The above files, when installed to the correct directory will retain players in the lower league sides and throughout the nation of the file you have downloaded.

Here's where they needs to go:

Use the C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\data\db\1000\edt folder...

There is also a much detailed guide found here

The Rules - Posting

Player naming is allowed. (This is a warning for those of you who do not wish to see this)

Discussion of tactics is allowed. (This is another warning for those of you who do not wish to see this)

Please use screenshots for any aspect of your game you wish to share - this is actively encouraged!

When you join the challenge, could you post a screenshot of your manager's profile as soon as you join your club.

Progress of your club should be documented using this thread, we want to hear the story of your club all the way through. Please keep us updated, even if you are doing badly.

At the end of every season, could everyone post some kind of season review, including at least a screenshot of a league table and the clubs transfer page. If you give this a title in bold it makes it a bit easier to pick out.

How to Post a Screenshot

• While in FM, press the 'Prt Sc' button (usually next to F12 on your keyboard).
    • Open an image editing program such as Paint and paste the image
    • Save the file as a JPEG
    • Upload the image to an image hosting website such as Photobucket or Imageshack
    • Post the direct Url to the image here.

Finally I would like to wish everyone taking on this challenge the best of luck on a long and hard journey to managerial success!

FM09's thread was a massive success and huge improvement on the FM08 version in both participation and atmosphere. As core members for both years, myself, LLR and rlipscombe would like to add that we are here to help for the new challengers and hope everybody that participates contributes considerably to the thread. There is nothing better than getting immersed not only in your own game but providing the encouragement to other people's attempts too. Remember we are all fighting the same battle - to defeat the AI (and uncover fabulous newgens!) - therefore it goes without saying that any form of cheating will be severely chastised. Don't do it! We had an incident last year, lets not see it again - it spoils the challenge for the hard workers in here.

Away we go
    Last edited by iacovone; 07-11-2009 at 19:58.

Third Team

Default Re: FM10 Small Club to Big Club Big Euro Nation Challenge

The Big Euro 09 Awards - brilliantly put together by the one and only Lower Leagues Rule. Take a peek and see who the stars of the show were in FM09.
    Last edited by iacovone; 03-11-2009 at 21:41.

Reserves

Because you have added Scotland count me in as a new competitor for this year's challenge When I get it that is!

Third Team

Welcome to the new thread everyone. I shall try to get 7 save games up at some point after I have downloaded the game.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Lower Leagues Rule View Post
    Welcome to the new thread everyone. I shall try to get 7 save games up at some point after I have downloaded the game.
    These aren't compulsory are they?

Looking forward to breaking the Old Firm if I make my way to the Premiership.

Last time I ran away with the third division then didn't really make much signings as I was trying to rush the season so I could play another challenge save. Didn't win a game all season

Third Team

No the save games are not compulsory, more than anything it is because some people have slower machines and like to be able to jump straight in, so this way they can do that.

Edit: If Montrose are still in the bottom division I would quite like a chance to manage them lol.

Amateur

Wow. The introduction of the Scottish leagues as got me very interested in this. I would love to get somebody from my home Country to win the Champions League.

I will just have decide if I do this or Dafuges Challenge first

Good Work lads. You can expect to see me in here at some point (you can decide if that is a good thing or not)

Third Team

Anyone else having trouble downloading the ddt files? Can't download Spains, get error messages.

Third Team

Hmmm all the others seem to work, but Spain doesn't I will try uploading a new version and post it...

Third Team

Thanks LLR, interested in this challenge as a team near me, who play in Spain, could get promoted and eligible for the challenge (Real Balompedica Linense)

Third Team

Updated: Spain DDT

This one works for sure,
    Last edited by Lower Leagues Rule; 30-10-2009 at 00:51.

Third Team

LLR - not sure we can tolerate such sloppy work in the FM10 thread

Third Team

Iacovone - The problem with the second one was I forgot to change the name, so it still directed to the same dead link rofl...

Third Team

Tut tut tut...

Just look at the mindless jibber jabber in here already...just 2 hours away from Steam release! Sadly for me its good night and happy reloading Des

I'll see everyone back here on Saturday - who's gonna have their 1st season report up by then I wonder

Reserves

No the save games are not compulsory, more than anything it is because some people have slower machines and like to be able to jump straight in, so this way they can do that.

Edit: If Montrose are still in the bottom division I would quite like a chance to manage them lol.
    I'll be hoping for them too. I live about 30 mins away from there.

Third Team

I have got the game downloaded and am starting a game in Scotland as we speak

Woohooo...

Edit: The reason I want Montrose relates to a story I read in the FM Stories forum based on 07 or 08, it was awesome, and based in Montrose to begin with
    Last edited by Lower Leagues Rule; 30-10-2009 at 01:53.

Third Team

Save Games

Holland -
    Spain
    Germany
    Last edited by Lower Leagues Rule; 30-10-2009 at 20:32.

Part-Timer

So no Spanish Third Division then? I have it available by the main Spanish FM Site.

Also where do I put the ddt file?

Third Team

In the top post there is a great guide, but it goes in the program folders folder, under Db\data\1000\edt\

Part-Timer

Ok, sorry. Im still trying to make the game work on my Mac (downloaded through eSell and I clik setup and nothing); didnt catch that part.

Amateur
    FC Martugues Big euro nation challenge 2010

How does it work in france?

Do you start in the national league or the groups with reserve teams?

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Thistles * player View Post
    How does it work in france?

Do you start in the national league or the groups with reserve teams?
    National. CFA leagues are unmanageable.

Third Team

I believe it starts in National because the CFA is unplayable, I have a game on holiday in France right now, so I can tell you as soon as I know, I believe you take over one of the newly promoted clubs to National League.

Edit: Well rancer beat me to it haha.

Amateur

Third Team

Very bright colours at that club Thistles, and US Orleans is a great club name as well. Good luck as you play away.

Reserves

I like the club Thistles. The name sounds American.

Amateur

Cheers guys, hopefully I won't be singing the Orleans blues

By the way, I'm not going to sign any players, only use youth team players.

Third Team

Wow, that'll be a tough one for you, best of luck and hopefully you have some good players at the club already or you might be in trouble.

Amateur

Don't worry, if I start to fail the principles are out of the window

Third Team

Sweet well the challenge in year one is to avoid relegation, cause that would be the end haha.

Reserves

Just curious, but what's your computer performance and estimated game speed

France to CFA for me:
    Computer Performance - 2 stars
    Estimated Game Speed - 2.5 stars

Third Team

France to CFA for me:
    Computer Performance - 1 stars
    Estimated Game Speed - 0.5 stars

Haha very poor? I know its better than that, bout 40mins for the season on holiday, just trying to find the reset date...

Third Team

Des Tiny's Elgin Adventure
    Defeating the Old Firm Leg I
    Scottish Third Division 2010/11

The Club: Elgin City

Elgin City Football Club was formed on the 10th August 1893, when Elgin Rovers and Vale of Lossie amalgamated to form the new club. The club played it's first competitive match on the 7th October 1893, defeating another Elgin side, Rangers Athletic 4-2 in a North of Scotland Cup 1st round tie at Association Park, Elgin, vice-captain John Christie scored the first goal for the new team. On 20th August 1921, Borough Briggs was opened, yes our ground is only 89 years old.
    Overall History: 14 times Highland League Champions, Highland League Cup Winners - 5 times (from nine finals), Scottish Qualifying Cup Winners - 7 times (from 15 finals) and North of Scotland Cup Winners - 17 times (from 26 final appearances).
    In 2009/10 they finished bottom of the Scottish Third Division and this is where we come in. Hopes are high that success on and off the pitch will soon return to Borough Briggs.

The Manager: Des Tiny

Des Tiny is a little known Scottish born New Zealander, he has grown up with a love of Football, but never managed to be good enough for a club or country to get very far, his immense knowledge is seen as the reason that Elgin have signed him to start the new season. There is a rumour floating around that he was the Unknown Manager who led AD Fafe to a League Title in Portugal, but there is no proof of this to be found.

Reserves

I hope when I install W7 on my laptop, it'll be a bit faster... (I have the upgrade disk, I just have to find time to find an external HD to transfer my data and then install it)

Well...here goes...Ricky Nakano now manager of Sannois SG.

I'm still not getting used to the new layout. I'm having trouble finding how to setup my staff and scouting players...

Third Team

Good luck Rancer, hopefully you have better luck this year in France
    Black and Blue are definitely nice colours for the club.

Third Team

I have added the France Save game, but now am going to have a blat with Elgin, will load more save games a little later tonight

Reserves

Thanks Des. A bad start so far. A pretty good first teamer is out 3-4 months.

Third Team

Well I have a part time club, so this is going to be my first issue haha
    The squad actually looks alright, but I am sure I will find some improvements out there on frees.

Reserves

My club is P/T too...first big issue is trying to get rid of everyone I don't need...

I might just offer to clubs on a free if I need to, to release some wage budget to sign better players.

My club has 5 goalkeepers. I'll need to get rid of a couple somehow...

Amateur

Say 'Guten Morgen' to Jaki Liebezeit, manager of newly-promoted German Third Division outfit Stuttgarter Kickers

http://s1016.photobucket.com/albums/...art%20Kickers/

Third Team

Good Luck with the Kickers Polar Bear...

Third Team

The Challengers

Code:
    User        Club          Nation     League

Thistles    US Orleans    France     National
    LLR         Elgin City    Scotland   Third Div
    Rancer      Sannois SG    France     National
    Polar Bear  Sttugart K    Germany    Third Div
    TaylorB     Infesta       Portugal   Third Div N
    Twellman    Algeciras     Spain      2nd Div B
    Last edited by Lower Leagues Rule; 30-10-2009 at 06:09.

Part-timer

Well with the decision between dafuge's and this challenge always going to be tough - the deciding factor was again this thread. You've really made this challenge one of the best by always backing everyone who attempts this challenge.

Ben Taylor* is a complete unknown rookie within the footballing world. He has been given the chance to showcase his talents at Portuguese Third Division North Club Infesta; with a solid first season hopefully I can push towards the big time and finish where I failed last season.

Best of luck to everyone else too

Third Team

Best of luck Ben, hopefully you can pull this off with the new club
    Nice to see a range of nations in the challenge already.

Part-Timer

Here's another one to add to the range of nations

Paco Salillas strikes gold when he gets a managing position at Algeciras, in Segunda Division B of Spain, where the club can only go but...down

Vamos a por ellos!

Third Team

Defeating the Old Firm Leg I
    Scottish Third Division 2010/11

The First Problem: Semi-Pro

The club is only Semi-Professional which means I have a bunch of part-timers on the books, my first challenge is to sign the top players to full-time contracts. My next challenge is to clear some Wage room. We are Consolidating for the new season, and have been given a wage budget of 2k and a transfer of 3.5k, currently we are spending 2,011 on wages, so already over.

The Squad: As they Stand

Here is the best we have in each position, with a current squad of some 35 players I am definitely going to be making a clean out.

GK - Michael Miele
    DR - David Niven
    DL - Allan Dempsie
    DC - Zander Jack
    DC - Paul Kazcan
    DM - Neil MacDonald
    MR - Duncan McPhee
    ML - Stephen Black
    AM - Kyle MacAulay
    ST - Craig Frizzel
    ST - Craig Gunn

There are a few other players, I sort of like the look of in the team, but my poor backroom staff need to be replaced before I can really start to decide who to keep and who to sell.

The Transfers: The Next Step

Right now I need to build some strength in the squad, the first issue is a true goalie, currently I have two, 17 & 18 years old in the club. Its the worst position we have, hopefully I can start with a good keeper and build from there.

Part-Timer

Good luck with that mess, LLR.

As luck would have it, my best striker (and only decent one) will be injured until Christmas. The good news is that my 17 year old youngster should get lots of playing time lol

Third Team

Thanks Twell, I am quite worried about the pigsty I have here, I am going to start scouting and offering trials I think, I have over a month til the Pre-Season starts which is better than it could be.

Good luck getting goals with a young boy in the squad.

Third Team

I'm going to have a go with an Italian team I had a good career game where I spent about 7 seasons with an Italian club which was really good, but it went bad when I left them

However, I need the game first.

Youth Team
    MM Arena, Le Mans, France (Big Euro Nation Challenge)

wow this thread has started with a bang!! welcome to all the newbies - let's make this the challenge to play in 2010. Des, if you're doing another save game, italy would be MUCH appreciated....

can't wait to get home!!

Third Team

Oh only cause you asked so nicely, I will pause my Elgin signing spree while I do it for you.

Third Team

Game won't be coming until next week, I'll have to cheer you on from the side for now

Amateur

I'm happy to have a club with some history - I'd hoped for Rot Weiss Essen, but when I saw this lot had come up I was happy enough. 110 years old, one losing Cup Final appearance, a single season in the Bundesliga - gives something to live up to without being a millstone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuttgart_Kickers

My favourite bit from the wiki is "Its members made a deliberate and emphatic choice early on to play football exclusively and to turn their backs on rugby – their chosen sport's close cousin – at a time when both of these new English games were still evolving."

The Blue Gods is a fine nickname, as well.

Hopefully I can find a stadium pic somewhere that I can post up.

Part-Timer

I waited outside Game with a hangover for nearly an hour.. and managed to get a copy. I'm installing now, so expect me to return to this thread in the not too distant future.

Part-Timer

Heya guys! I'm gonna join this to. Probably not today though, but maybe already tomorrow (or very late tonight if I can). I didn't play the demo at all, so might make a mini save with some big club first to fiddle around and learn the new stuff.

Nice to see Scotland in, not sure where I'll go yet though. Are there any changes to the rules or anything else of any of these nations? Transfer rules, foreign rules, price money, etc? (Would actually be kinda nice to have this in the opening post if time allows you. Just screenshot the rules screen of the top division or something like that).

Youth Team

Oh only cause you asked so nicely, I will pause my Elgin signing spree while I do it for you.
    what a legend you are.... and a great ambassodor for the thread!!

Part-Timer

I'll be joining you in Italy rlipscombe.
    Looking forward to this..

Third Team

I've said this many, many times before, but I really will have a crack at this game.

Will probably go to Scotland and follow the LLR route of trying to break the dominance of the old firm. And Scottish Football needs a good headline or two at the moment

Good luck everyone!!!

Amateur

Good luck this season everyone ! Here we go again

Amateur

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/1394749

Above is a picture of the Stuttgarter Kickers stadium, which looks like it will certainly do us through the lower two divisions.

Third Team

Dave, Roberto & Pluck: Good luck when you guys eventually start its great to have a big crowd heading back,

Rlips: Sorry dude I fell asleep haha, I got the game started but no holidaying done yet, going to run it now haha.

Polar Bear: Nice looking stadium you have there.

Here is my stadium.
    Last edited by Lower Leagues Rule; 30-10-2009 at 16:44.

Amateur

I am rolling the dice to see which nation to play this time round

France - 1
    Spain - 2
    Italy - 3
    Portugal - 4
    Germany -5
    Other - 6
    If 6 I'll roll again for Holland or Scotland

Result : 2 I'm leaving Portugal and moving to sunny Spain !

Can't wait to get home and get started now

Third Team

Best of luck TanO when you land in Sunny Spain, maybe even get to go out to the Islands, I hear its even better out there.

Rlips: Italy is up to Feb, so be loaded soon. Might run a Portugal one following that. Italy loaded, now starting Portugal.
    Last edited by Lower Leagues Rule; 30-10-2009 at 18:01.

Youth Team

Best of luck TanO when you land in Sunny Spain, maybe even get to go out to the Islands, I hear its even better out there.

Rlips: Italy is up to Feb, so be loaded soon. Might run a Portugal one following that. Italy loaded, now starting Portugal.
    good stuff. should be ready for when i get the game home!! it's in my boot right now!!

Third Team

Rlips: Glad I could be of service.

Part-Timer

What the hell is going on with the forums?

Part-Timer

Well ok, I'll post the same thing I had posted before...

...Anyway, here is Algeciras' stadium, 9,000 capacity and built on 1999

So I sent my scout to Louxemburg to send me some reports (his idea), and he came back with just this one player, a 35 year old center back...I sign him after seeing he's decent, and it turns out the guy is Jeff Strasser, the most capped player for Lux. (95 caps). He is now the key player on my defense, and he's been called for international duty at age 36 practically...and he just scored in the first game of the season, a free kick right on the top corner. Too bad we lost because of a red card on the 14th minute...

My scout didnt work much while over there, but he did get a good one back

Third Team

Twellman, its seems to be to do with the forums traffic load, it is happening all over, and I have no idea why.

Third Team

Nice signing there Twellman, I have my scouts in UK & Ireland, and my other guy is currently investigating Portugal, see what he brings back and go from there.

I have made a few signings which I will detail once I upload Portugal save game.

Edit: Also if everyone could rate the thread at the top this would be a great boost for us as well.
    Last edited by Lower Leagues Rule; 30-10-2009 at 19:49.

Amateur

That's a shame, I hoped you were going to come up with more horse-racing tips

Ground looks sweet. Is it accurately rendered in the 3D? Mine doesn't have the side stands, it's all uncovered.

Amateur

An influx of quality has shaken things up at the GAZi-Stadion auf der Waldau (hereafter known as the Waldau).

The previous manager had kindly arranged for the arrival of ageing but talented winger Marco Gebhardt and strong striker Mike Tullberg (who swallowed up my transfer budget, but I'm not too fussed).

Not to be outdone I followed up promising reports from my scout in Spain and came back with a new central midfield... Luis Helguera and Vivar Dorado.

I managed to inadvertently upset the latter by saying his signing was "not a coup because this club should be attracting players of his calibre" - apparently this was a negative comment! I have to say that FM is as far away as ever from getting the press stuff right, I suppose it must be very difficult. If they ever manage it they'll have a nigh-on perfect game IMO.

I'm not too perturbed about the increasing number of elders - the first couple of seasons will be about establishing in this league and having some youngsters progress. I'm slightly more bothered that we're already over the wage budget and I still want a couple more. Still, I'm sure success would quiet any concerns
    Last edited by Polar Bear; 30-10-2009 at 23:29.

Third Team

Save Games

Holland -
    Spain
    Germany

I have decided to re-post this at the bottom cause it seemed to not want to work where it was, now 4 saved games uploaded, expect the rest in the near future, but I am heading back to Scotland for an Elgin Bash now.

Amateur

Forums playing up. There's a post up-page I didn't make but is attributed to me too.
    Last edited by Polar Bear; 30-10-2009 at 20:42.

Amateur
    Hässleholm, Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe...

I just loaded up Holland and looked at the rules. There are relegation in Jupiler League.

Third Team

Thanks Uffe, I knew that this was happening in real life, but didn't believe FM had included it. That makes for a nice added surprise to the challenge, and will provide another league with a true small club to big club feel as well.

As for the forums playing up we now only have 4 posts showing in the thread, its getting more baffling by the minute. Hopefully it sorts itself out soon. I have just loaded my Elgin game so will push through to July 1st and update on the transfers and my squad at that point, as I am now 335 pounds over budget I am going to start selling or releasing the players I don't need. I think a squad of 22 + youth is more than enough, but it may end up smaller if some youth can fill spots.

Part-Timer

Is this fixed now? The forum I mean.

Anyway, it has begun...

Alessandro Morelli has been unveiled as the new manager of Ostuni Sport, in Italy's Serie C2C.

Third Team

Right a couple of things:
    1) FM09 Awards - Just a reminder to everyone that voting is now open for these, just PM your votes to me and I will collate and then report them back in the JoseRR 09 thread, There is still 39 hours remaining to vote. The nominations can be found here.

2) Reset Dates - If anyone finds one of these that is different to the original post, can they please advise us so we can update that.

3) Holland - As Uffe has just mentioned, we have discovered Promotion/Relegation in the Holland leagues, this means that after you holiday a season you can take over one of the newly promoted sides, I will get Iacovone to update this in the original post.

4) Scotland - If anyone holidays a game in Scotland and has someone other than Elgin finish last could they please upload the save and post a link, this would be a great help as will prevent the need for me to holiday multiple times to try and get all ten possible teams.

5) Save Games - Any other holidayed games that I haven't uploaded would be useful as well, and I am sure everyone will appreciate them.

6) New Feature - I must say I was delighted to receive a message to my Inbox titled "New Third Division Season Nearing" which goes on to tell me about who has been relegated into the league, the date new fixtures will be generated (June 20th) and also a bit of other info, a great extra addition.

Amateur

Well...Very excited I holidayed a season... Only to find out the two teams relegated were not replaced. After one season Jupiler League consists of 18 teams. But the rules says that the team ending last will be relegated. So to be able to play with a promoted team you have to holiday two seasons. At least I found out that the reset date is July 7th...

Third Team

Okies so Holland would need to holiday to July 6th 2011 to set-up for the club coming up. Thanks for the info Uffe, are you going to holiday through to there to get the new club?

Rancer - I just managed to sign a Canadian fullback into my side.

Youth Team

And here we go......

Today Richard Lipscombe was introduced as the new manager of Venezia, from the beautiful city of Venice....

Can Richard take Venezia to the top of Italian football and bring European success to Venice? time will tell.....

Reserves

Okies so Holland would need to holiday to July 6th 2011 to set-up for the club coming up. Thanks for the info Uffe, are you going to holiday through to there to get the new club?

Rancer - I just managed to sign a Canadian fullback into my side.

Hopefully the first of many Canadians to sign for you.

Third Team

Ok the Forum is hating me haha, three times I have posted this and three times it has disappeared...

The Challengers
    Code:
    User        Club          Nation     League

Thistles    US Orleans    France     National
    Rancer      Sannois SG    France     National
    Polar Bear  Sttugart K    Germany    Third Div
    Dave.       Ostuni Sport  Italy      Serie C2C
    Rlipscombe  Venezia       Italy      Serie C2A
    StellaF1    Pisa          Italy      Serie C2C
    TaylorB     Infesta       Portugal   2nd Div N
    Saab693     Famalicao     Portugal   2nd Div N
    LLR         Elgin City    Scotland   Third Div
    Twellman    Algeciras     Spain      2nd Div B
    As for signing more Canadians there are no more out there right now, I have the only one haha. With him in the squad though it may generate some more. I have found that if you sign a player from a nation then they seem to generate more commonly haha.

Edit: Thats 10 Challenge takers already, good work guys.
    Last edited by Lower Leagues Rule; 31-10-2009 at 04:37.

Amateur

A tough pre-season, with friendlies mainly geared towards bringing cash into the coffers. Heavy defeats at the hands of Kaiserslautern and Frankfurt left me dreading the televised fixture against Chelsea (had my assistant to thank for that one...) but we gave a decent account of ourselves and the only goal came from a freakish rebound that Ballack seized upon.

With four days to go to the first match here's a summary of my dealings so far. All seven are considered certain or likely starters.

Amateur

I have tried to get a previously unplayed club in Holland but the only teams showing up are the ones relegated earlier. Looks like I have to chose another country.

Part-Timer

Got the game installed now, just sitting here pondering what league to go for. Not sure I wanna do France all over. Might join you in Scotland LLR. I like their passion for the game. I could still be swayed though. How's the rules in Scotland and do every team still play each other 4 (or 3?) times each season in the top there? I'm no big fan of that system tbh.

I saw in some other challenge they allow you to load players from top divisions in big European countries. I assume that's not allowed in this one still? Only "Load all" from the nation you choose right?

Just poking around with my local team Rosenborg atm checking all the new buttons. Gonna take some getting used to. I got a new computer since last time to. Took less than 30 seconds making a game with 1 division and medium database.

Youth Team

oh it's great building a squad again.... starting from scratch is great!!

Amateur

Third Team

Well I just lost 12 days...My computer crashed 9 mins into my first friendly haha, from 26th June back to 14th, so I am going to take a bit of a frustrated break but I will be back later to crack on.

Amateur

Looking forward to this challenge with the new game.

Stuart Brawls is appointed as manager of Italian Serie C2/C club Pisa.
    http://s896.photobucket.com/albums/a...uartBrawls.jpg

Youth Team

StellaF1 - Pisa was one of the other Italian teams i was going to be... good luck

Des - seriously unlucky. i bet ut was frustrating.

Ohanzee - will be good to have you back in the thread - good luck wherever you end up.

Polar Bear - at least you seem alright scoring goals. tighten the backline and you'll be away no doubt. how did you get the kits on the match screen by the way?

Amateur
    Pogon, 2009, Gundo's FM09 European Adventure

saab693 in Portugal
    Futebol Clube de Famalicao

Gentlemen, after careful consideration, I have decided that my new home for this series shall be right here with you miscreants - in honour of one of our sponsors and his continuously brilliant updates, I have headed to Portugal. Well, that and my desire to find the new Ronaldo. And the fact I can seamlessly add 'inho' onto the end of my own name to make me appear local. It's a genius plan which I really can't see going wrong. Sure, I'm pasty with Boris Johnson styled hair, but I reckon I can pull it off.

Here's a bit of Portugese trivia to get the ball rolling - did you know that Jimmy Nail was once stopped from going on television in Portugal for being too ugly?! I'm sorry but that is fantastic - I know which country is for me

So, my football club! Futebol Clube de Famalicao were formed on August 31st 1931. I haven't learnt much more to be honest, mainly because all the pages on the internet about them are none too surprisingly, in Portugese. I must however insist you visit their website http://www.fcfamalicao.org/ and have the volume up - breathtaking.

I hope the 'inho' suffix takes off, I really do. Here's the club's domestic league history. Is this all looking ok for the challenge?

I look forward to being a part of the extended family. Welcome me to your bosom....

Third Team

July 1st Transfer Update

We made a fair bit of action through the month of June, 11 players left, and 13 joined the club. And there is possibly more trades to come as I try and build on the weaknesses shown in our first two friendlies, we defeated our reserves 2-1 (89 & 91), and Colby 2-1 (75 & 94), so late winners in both games, but really just not good enough, our passing was woeful.

The Signings

Danny Casey - A solid 19 year old for the left wing.
    Derek Soutar - A 29 year old Keeper
    Eddie Forest - A 31 year old Centre back
    Emilio Bottiglieri - A 31 year old Canadian Fullback
    Fraser Forrest - A 26 year old Centre Back
    Gary Bartlett - A 19 year old Right Back
    John Dempster - A 28 year old Striker
    Jose Antonio Palomino - 36 year old Attacking Midfielder
    Yordi - A 35 year old Striker
    Stephen McConalogue - A 29 year old Striker
    Marco Maisano - A 29 year old Defensive Midfielder
    Marc McCallum - A 17 year old Keeper
    Liam Kerrigan - A 19 year old Right Wing

So I picked up a fair few old codgers in the transfers, but they were the best out there that I could find, had a terrible time of it. Hopefully they can come together when it counts and I might find something better a bit later. My Starting line-up is a range of ages now - 29, 19, 31, 26, 31, 29, 19, 19, 36, 29, 35. Ok so mainly old codgers with three youth in the line. I am hoping the boys can pull me through. Have two more old codgers that I have offers in for. There is just no one out there who wants to play for the worst team in Scotland haha.

Reserves

Not a bad Canadian, although even with his skill set he wouldn't be capped to the national team.

I think I can run faster than some of your players...

Third Team

Yes they are not very fast... They also cannot pass, as I found out in the friendlies, or tackle... Or stay fit... Two Friendlies 4 days apart and they are all shattered and had to sit out the third one...haha my Youth are currently down 2-0 vs Salisbury.

Third Team

Make that 2-1 haha...

Edit: Just had the draw for the Challenge Cup, we will face Forfar (SD3), and the League Cup, we will face Clyde (SD1). Hoping we can win the Challenge Cup game.
    Last edited by Lower Leagues Rule; 31-10-2009 at 05:51.

Third Team

And for Des Tiny's Birthday the club had a visit from the Glen Hoddle Academy and dispatched them 1-0, and the news item actually mentions my birthday.

Edit: And it got even better as we followed this up with a 1:1 draw against St. Mirren (SPL), and not only did we get the draw, but according to the news report we completely baffled all the experts by completely outplaying them. My Old Coots Brigade are playing some brilliant football.

Edit pt II: I decided to stop the multiple posts in a row, so here are my transfers since July 1st, yes I made even more of them. The Old Coots Club grew, and now they are dominating our football.

Mark Doyle (MC) - The youngest member of our starting line-up.
    Jose Luis Rondo (DR) - The man from Equatorial Guinea is going to be a great hand.
    Jamie (MLC) - Jamie will most likely play on the left wing, but may alternate with Palomino
    Galder Zubizarreta (DLC) - He may be 30, but he has some great stats.
    Antoine Sibierski (AM/FC) - He will join up the front with Yordi as the strike force.

I think I have enough players in the club now, and still below wage budget, though can't make more than half full time, they all want to be part-timers.
    Last edited by Lower Leagues Rule; 31-10-2009 at 09:35.

Youth Team

Des, i wouldn't worry too much about the Old Coots club, Venezia is looking quite similar at the moment!! i've brought in a 39 year old to play in the centre of the pitch!!

My squad is slowly coming together now. a mix of youth (mainly loans) and experience will pull on our black shirts. there are only a few of the original squad staying on as most not up to it.

Third Team

Okies, glad to see that I am not the only one struggling to find players under 30, I do have 2 19 year olds in the starting line-up, but most of the younger guys seem unwilling to play in the Third Division.

Good luck over in Italy, we just won our first competitive match 6-5 on penalties after going 2-2 through extra time against Forfar in the Challenge Cup.

First Team Regular

I shall be playing in Spain this year

So, I download the Spain DDT file, place it in the correct location, make sure the extra file is ticked in preferences, start a new game, load up all the divisions in Spain? Am I allowed to load players from top clubs?

Third Team

I don't know we never made a decision about that, might wanna wait for Rlips or Iacovone to answer It would probably increase the number of players available, but also mean if you rose quick enough they would still have full squads too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 45 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast