rancer890's FM10 Small Club to Big Club Asian Challenge

Welcome to rancer890's FM10 Small Club to Big Club Asian Challenge! Once again, there will be a minor name change from the FM09. The South African league has been dropped from the challenge, and in its place are new leagues you can participate in, due to the competition editor. Whether you are a regular to the challenge, or maybe someone who is 'unsettled', and 'looking for a new challenge', this maybe a challenge for you. The abundance of new playable leagues will give you, the challenger, a lot more options to choose from, and maybe you can learn a thing or two about Asian football. ;)

The Aim

To take a small club who where previously unplayable in the game from the lower leagues to win a Domestic title, the Champions League, the Club World Championship. You will also have the option to venture into international management to lead your selected nation to global glory once you have achieved the first three accomplishments stated above.

The setup:

Leagues you are allowed to use, and their reputations:

• Australia - 11
  • Bahrain - 6
  • China - 9
  • Hong Kong - 4
  • India - 4
  • Indonesia - 5
  • Iran - 10
  • Iraq - 6
  • Japan - 12
  • Jordan - 6
  • Kuwait - 7
  • Lebanon - 5
  • Malaysia - 4
  • Maldives - 3
  • Oman - 6
  • Qatar - 10
  • Saudi Arabia - 11
  • Singapore - 5
  • South Korea - 11
  • Syria - 7
  • Thailand - 6
  • United Arab Emirates - 10
  • Uzbekistan - 8
  • Vietnam - 5
  • Yemen - 4

Please note that Australia, Singapore, and South Korea (and few more of the new leagues I think) don't have relegation/promotion. If you decide to try those leagues, holiday a year and then choose the club that predicted to be last in the Premier Division of the country. With the introduction of the competition editor, there will many more countries which are complete to the lowest tier league. After a year of holiday, you must take over the team with the worst record.

Getting Started

Load a game with all available divisions in your selected nation (only one nation is allowed and no additional nations should be selected)

Large database is recommended (Medium and small are allowed though)

Attribute masking must be enabled.

Add yourself as unemployed manager, and then go on holiday until the league reset-date.

You are allowed to use fake players if you wish.

You can also 'Load all Players' from your selected country and only from your selected country if you wish.

League reset dates

• Australia - not applicable
  • Bahrain
  • China - January 20th
  • Hong Kong - August 1st - save on July 29th
  • India - July 15th
  • Indonesia - June 1st
  • Iran
  • Iraq
  • Japan - January 20th
  • Jordan
  • Kuwait
  • Lebanon
  • Malaysia - September 1st
  • Maldives - November 20th
  • Oman
  • Philippines - June 19th
  • Qatar
  • Saudi Arabia - July 10th
  • Singapore - not applicable
  • South Korea - December 27th
  • Syria
  • Thailand
  • United Arab Emirates - July 20th
  • Uzbekistan - January 15th
  • Vietnam - December 19th
  • Yemen

And then retire your manager. Create a new manager and his reputation must be set at Sunday league footballer, or Automatic if you can't find the Sunday league footballer option. Your manager nationality is up to you.

Take over one of the newly promoted club(s) in your selected nation. Check the club's history of league positions, it should be blank. It doesn't really matter which club you choose, although some club are easier than others.

It is now up to you to lead your team to domestic and Champions League glory. This is, however, a bit different than Dafuge's, Gundo's, or JoseRR's Challenge. There is an international element to this challenge. Although for this year, the rules have been a bit relaxed. There is a domestic challenge only version and the original domestic/international challenge component.

Domestic Challenge

1. Take your club to Domestic Glory. Take over a newly promoted club and win your domestic league. Cups don't matter. Step 1 done.
  2. Take your club to Continental Glory. Win the Asian Champions League. Step 2 done.
  3. Take your club to Global Glory. Win the Club World Championship. Challenge complete.

Domestic and International Challenge

1. Take your club to Domestic Glory. Take over a newly promoted club and win your domestic league. Cups don't matter. Step 1 done.
  2. Take your club to Continental Glory. Win the Asian Champions League. Step 2 done.
  3. Take your club to Global Glory. Win the Club World Championship. Step 3 done.
  4. Take your country to Global Glory. Win your Regional Tournament and the World Cup. Challenge complete.

For those who only want to do the domestic challenge, only steps 1 to 3 are necessary. Those challengers who want to participate in the domestic/international challenge will have to complete all 4 steps.

Because of some concerns about when your country will actually have a vacant manager position, I decided to alter the rules a bit for those who are in the domestic/international challenge:

You can take the international job of your selected country at anytime. If you do not get the international job 5 years after you complete step 3, you are allowed to create a new manager to take over the job. However, you MUST retire your original manager.

Once you finish all the steps in the specific challenge (domestic or domestic/international), congratulations, you have made Asian football a force to be reckoned with around the world.

You are not permitted to move between clubs unless you are sacked; If you get sacked, you can either take over a newly promoted club that meets the original challenge criteria (check the club's league history), or just quit your current game and start over.

You must complete the steps in order. However, you can manage your club and country together if you wish.

There are no restrictions on parent/feeder clubs.

League File Downloads

Majority of the Asian leagues (download 'All Asia') - here

Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan leagues - here

Kyrgyzstan (updated), Uzbekistan, and Turkmenistan leagues - here

Philippines and Northern Mariana leagues - here

North Korean league - here

Put the above into the following directory My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\Editor Data. Start a 'New Game', and you will asked to choose a database. Tick 'Change', press 'OK', and choose the new leagues.

Thank you for participating in my challenge, and big thanks to the following:

• Frank Ng - the head researcher who assisted with the AFC Project in the editors and compiled most of the xml files
  • the researchers who helped Frank Ng with the league research
  • Darth_Sidius, dinamo_zagreb, Romanista., Pompeyboyz, Eken10, Shaft®, Unknown Hacker, Freagle, and bu ghazi - for assisting me in the AFC Project in the Editors Forum
  • you, the challenger!
  • and most importantly...SPORTS INTERACTIVE, for making FM10, and creating the Competition Editor to enable everyone to create leagues previously unplayable in this game, along with the many other improvements in the game. :)

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice list of nations there, now i'm even more anxious for when i finally get the game(few weeks, hopefully less) and I might actually go for Nepal or the Maldives instead of my originally planned Hong Kong, such a variety of nations, so lovely.

Great to see this up. I am holidaying now and hoping to get Adelaide United again. It may take awhile though as they are predicted to finish 2nd in the game.

EDIT: Just the second time I holidayed I was surprised to see this League Table.

So I have taken over Adelaide United for the second year in a row in this challenge and hopefully we will be able to match what we did last year and win the club world cup.

Welcome again Ethan13, and good luck with Adelaide!! :thup:

I think I know why Japanese clubs don't have the club information...although right now I think I might have a go at a league in West Asia. I just need to find a league with lenient foreigner rules.

VVV, hope both and your brother to be contributors to my challenge. :)

Welcome again Ethan13, and good luck with Adelaide!! :thup:

I think I know why Japanese clubs don't have the club information...although right now I think I might have a go at a league in West Asia. I just need to find a league with lenient foreigner rules.

VVV, hope both and your brother to be contributors to my challenge. :)

Care to share why? I've decided to try out this challenge this year with all the added leagues it sparked some big interest in me. Just holiday'd a year in Japan and have chosen to manage Daito Grim Reapers (Great name).

My Profile.

JSalter: think Guam has 2 divisions...

STR: Good luck with Fowler and Co. ;)

brettney: Same reason as the greyed out Japanese/German national team I would think, with the same workaround. Good luck with the Grim Reapers. Quite fitting for the day. :D

FWIW to anyone here, I've been debating where to start playing in FM10. With the editor I wanted to try someplace new and it come down to a choice between Costa Rica (as I loosely follow a team there) and Vietnam (as I happen to live in a largely Vietnamese neighborhood and I love their food).

While I might not be participating in this thread I want to thank you for making it easy for me to find a V-League startup, and for anyone who might want to give it a shot I can tell you that the reset date is on, or just before, Dec 19, 2010. Also, no relegation is programmed in for the second division (I have no idea if it exists IRL or not) so I would assume for the challenge you'd just take over the worst placed team.

I might not participate here, but I do follow all the small-to-big threads and I look forward to reading everyone's progress. Hope the reset date is helpful to someone.

With all these extra nations, is the President's Cup now a playable competition? What about the other regional contests like the Arab Champions League etc?

Hopefully, we'll see a few successful challenges and get some extra variety in any future version of the Ultimate CSE League. ;)

I'll be starting with a career first but may come here later and take on one of the extra leagues. In a way, the new editor has a downside - there's just too much stuff to choose from now! How will I fit it all in before FM11? :p

Care to share why? I've decided to try out this challenge this year with all the added leagues it sparked some big interest in me. Just holiday'd a year in Japan and have chosen to manage Daito Grim Reapers (Great name).

My Profile.

There is no such team called that in Japan. You have to delete the lnc file.

I just need to find a league with lenient foreigner rules.

Regardless of the domestic rules the continental rules would be the same (3+1) so it really doesn't matter where you start your challenge. Anyway most domestic leagues in the AFC follow the 3+1 rule. You gotta win the Champions League with mostly HG talent from your selected country.

Today, newly promoted Chinese side Tianjin Songjiang announced the signing of a new manager to lead the team in the Jia League for the upcoming 2010 season. The relatively unheard of Japanese/Englishman Dietmar Van Nostrelboy...

Tianjin Songjiang has a mammoth task ahead of them. A squad of inept players on fat long contracts and a completely rubbish staff has meant that changes will be rung as soon as possible. Van Nostrelboy was quick to play down his side's ambitions merely focusing on the season ahead and seeking to consolidate in the league. The board matched the ambitions of their young manager by giving him a tiny little budget of 6k.

Anyhoo, the only crazy thing about this team, aside from the tons of players on daft contracts is that they play in a whopping great big 65,000 seater stadium nicknamed the Water Drop. Only one side goes down this season but given the fact the board want consolidation, I think a top 10 finish would be the main aim.

PS: The Chinese league restarts on January 20th, which is kinda daft because all the players contracts run out in December meaning when you start over you have to contend with useless players that have 2 to 3 year deals because the previous manager was so dumb.

Regardless of the domestic rules the continental rules would be the same (3+1) so it really doesn't matter where you start your challenge. Anyway most domestic leagues in the AFC follow the 3+1 rule. You gotta win the Champions League with mostly HG talent from your selected country.

Oh that I know...I'm trying to find a country where I can get citizenship the easiest...and after that I'll embark on my challenge to hopefully finally finish it! :p

I know Hong Kong is like 3 years, and China is like 10 years...

I know I'm picky, but I really want to finish my challenge this year!!! :D

And good luck with Tianjin Songjiang. Are you starting in the Yi league or the Jia League?

Well I gave this a shot already for first game on fm10 and I already got sacked from DPMM (the Bruneian side that plays in Singapore and has 3 people with global bans after they had a fight with a referee, the best defender in the squad got 15 months for punching him) :D

I just looked through the thing and Lebanon is 3 years, a lot say -1 or 0 but I'm not sure what that means.

Daiko Grim Reapers - Season 2010 - Japanese regional Hokkaido League.

After 5 league games i am yet to win 1 ... Also on a bright note yet to lose also .. Table.

We have won 1 game however in the All-Japan Shakaijin Cup 2nd Qual. Rd.

... Still not used to the new tactics yet is my excuse but it'll come ... Hopefully before relegation strikes.

Adelaide United - Hyundai A-League- 2010/2011(Season 1)- Ethan13

For the second year in a row I took over at Adelaide United for this challenge. The team was predicted to finish last after finishing last the year before. The squad wasn't to bad but still needed a few signings here and there to strengthen it.

A-League (Regular Season)----League Table----Graph

The League went much better then expected as originally I would have been happy with just a finals place. We defied the odds and despite a few poor results we played well and easily qualified for the finals series. We were even siting in 2nd with just a few games to go but had a poor final fews games which meant we could only finish 3rd.

A-League Finals Series- I was a bit confused as the A-League now has a 6 team finals series. Our first game was against Brisbane at home and it was 1-1 when Dodd scored in injury time to win it. I thought that it was a 2 legged match but in the end it turned out that Dodd had saved us from going out. The next match was against Wellington and we were cruising at 2-0 until Jamieson got sent off and they scored twice all within 10 minutes of each other. We managed to score and hold on to win 3-2. The preliminary final was against Newcastle and despite holding a 1-0 lead for most of the game we conceded 3 late goals and dropped out of the competition.

Finances- Not great but should be better if we can start winning some competitions.

Transfers- Got some good players on frees with the best being Matt Simon.

Squad

Key Player- Cristiano- He was on fire all season and ended up with 28 goals and 10 assists in just 27 matches.

Fixtures Part 1 Part 2

Aims for Next Season

- Improve Defence

- Challenge for A-League title

- Improve Staff

Domestic:

Season    League    Position    Final Series    
------------------------------------------------
2010/11   A-League  3rd         3rd         
-------------------------------------------

Quackje, it was worth a go at least. :D Where are you planning to go next?

brettney: Hope you can get a few league wins to stay clear of relegation. :thup:

Ethan: nice first season with Adelaide. The graph link goes to finances though...

I'm now holidaying in Japan again - with the real club names.

EDIT: Hmm. I deleted them and they still got the fake names...

Really tempted to try Nepal, but saw there was only one division, and I'd prefer a league with more... maybe later.

For now, meet the new manager of the future power (hopefully) of Saudi Arabian football, newly promoted Al-Tohami:

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/5366/profilewr.jpg

Some basic information about the club, current status is semi-professional, playing out of the 5000 seat King Faisal Sporting City in Jizan. The stadium is in poor condition, and we are not listed as the owner, so hopefully the board will build me a new one some day... The club has fairly basic corporate and training facilities, and minimal youth facilities. We do however have a youth academy. Current balance is £35500, and I'll receive 30% of any transfer revenue. We have no staff and affiliated clubs, and the board is willing to let me scout the Middle East only. Finally, the chairman is willing to listen to offers, so maybe some rich Saudi prince buy the club and provide us with limitless funds (or more likely, some poor chairman will come in and fire me to hire his drinking buddy).

The board expects a mid-table finish, and is providing a £0 transfer budget and £110k p/a for wages (we are currently using only £15808 p/a) to achieve it.

Back after the first season!

PS The Saudi league is updated on July 10, so save on July 9 if you want to reload to get new teams.

Welcome Nightowl. Thanks for joining me in Saudi Arabia. :D

Al-Rawdah play in a 1500 all-seater. We got basic training facilities and minimal youth facilities. We're having a little bit of trouble getting staff because we can't meet their wage demands...

Wow, when I started my post, you hadn't posted about playing in Saudi Arabia yet. Guess I shouldn't have stopped to eat in the middle of posting :)

I'm having the same problems with staff, I can offer about half what the cheapest staff I've found want...

Good luck in Saudi Arabia, Rancer and Nightowl. :)

12 games into the season with the fury and we're second in the table only 3 points below Central Coast Mariners. I went a bit over the top in the transfer market and signed a ton of strikers, though one is the league's top scorer and another is the youth league's top scorer. :)

I appear to be trying to get sacked again in Iceland for now rancer, might head back to asia later.

How does it work with all the other leagues here, I mean I had a quick look at the editor earlier but I'm wondering how fair it is etc...

Maybe you should post what rules to put for each one? are the numbers of foreigners and things set?

When I said I was trying to get sacked in Iceland that was a joke... but I just got sacked, I'm not very good at fm10 it would appear. I still feel a lot of the blame lays with my complete and total utter lack of defenders.

Don't worry. I'm so crap in FM10 that I can't even score a goal in Saudi Arabia. :D

A lack of goals was another problem I had, combined with leaking goals at the other end you can see why I've been sacked twice already. I asked my friend to show me his tactics that are working alright with his Southampton game, one of them was basically identical to what I used most the time in Iceland. I think I shall head to a land of better players (and not the Maldives...).

And good luck with Tianjin Songjiang. Are you starting in the Yi league or the Jia League?

Poo. Got relegated. Tbh my tactics were rubbish and backroom staff kept giving me duff regarding the players. Its a really really hard challenge over there and not helped by the language problems. I think I am going to start again in somewhere like Korea or Australia instead. Might do Japland once Piko releases the DB.

I want to play as Wellington though. :o

Let's see how it goes.

When I said I was trying to get sacked in Iceland that was a joke... but I just got sacked, I'm not very good at fm10 it would appear. I still feel a lot of the blame lays with my complete and total utter lack of defenders.

Ditto. I really need to discover the defensive tactics on this game. My team just keeps getting raped on crosses and through balls.

Looks like a lot of people are having trouble with this challenge and are getting sacked easily. 3 games into the second season and we sit top with 9 points from 9. The squad is much stronger then last year especially in defence. Picked up a few Australian Internationals who were released from there clubs. Hopefully we can keep it up and win the league.

Finally, the chairman is willing to listen to offers, so maybe some rich Saudi prince buy the club and provide us with limitless funds (or more likely, some poor chairman will come in and fire me to hire his drinking buddy).

Well that will be a turn up for the books in Saudi Arabia!

I'm joining this challenge. Just finished holidaying in Australia, and will be managing Brisbane Roar.

League Table at end of season 1: Screenshot

Profile Screen: Screenshot

Even though the team finished last in the 09/10 season, they're predicted to come 3rd this season, so things should be pretty smooth! I also know enough about the club to know who to get rid of, and who to keep. Should be a fun save.

My Saudi takeover keeps getting called off... :(

I fancy a move over to Indonesia, where I played my own challenge a bit near the end of the season, or maybe the A-League, if I keep struggling.

MachinegunHead: there's the FM09 logos I'm using...it doesn't include the new leagues in this challenge though. Good luck with Brisbane. :thup:

kabajingai: I used the new tactic creator, and I'm improving in my other game with Colorado Rapids. I suggest using it to hopefully get some results wherever you decide to go next. :)

I'm joining this challenge. Just finished holidaying in Australia, and will be managing Brisbane Roar.

League Table at end of season 1: Screenshot

Profile Screen: Screenshot

Even though the team finished last in the 09/10 season, they're predicted to come 3rd this season, so things should be pretty smooth! I also know enough about the club to know who to get rid of, and who to keep. Should be a fun save.

So I just finished my pre-season, and I've done pretty well. I played a bunch of non-league Australian teams, and ended up scoring 24-1 over 6 matches, the highlights being a 7-1 win and a 6-0 win.

I've just been using basic tactics, and have had a load of luck with transfers. Christian Vieri and Scott Chipperfield were out of contract at their clubs, so I snatched both of them up for a steal. The only other players I brought in were a 15 year old that my scout thinks will be special and Matthew Thompson as a back-up defender. I also have a 16 year old DL/R who seems to have loads of potential. A lot of dead-weight from the team was released before I took over the reins, so I had a good base to start from.

I'm expecting a cracker season! Reinaldo also seems to have managed to get Aussie citizenship, so I've got a spot free for an Asian player, should I need one.

So I just finished my pre-season, and I've done pretty well. I played a bunch of non-league Australian teams, and ended up scoring 24-1 over 6 matches, the highlights being a 7-1 win and a 6-0 win.

I've just been using basic tactics, and have had a load of luck with transfers. Christian Vieri and Scott Chipperfield were out of contract at their clubs, so I snatched both of them up for a steal. The only other players I brought in were a 15 year old that my scout thinks will be special and Matthew Thompson as a back-up defender. I also have a 16 year old DL/R who seems to have loads of potential. A lot of dead-weight from the team was released before I took over the reins, so I had a good base to start from.

I'm expecting a cracker season! Reinaldo also seems to have managed to get Aussie citizenship, so I've got a spot free for an Asian player, should I need one.

How many years does it take to get Aussie citizenship? :D

Archived