+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: rancer890's FM10 Small Club to Big Club Asian Challenge

Semi Pro
    Football Manager isn't life or death ... It's far more important than that!

Default Re: rancer890's FM10 Small Club to Big Club Asian Challenge

Brettneys Uzbek Adventure - Season 7 - 2016.

I want to start by reitterating whats previosly been said by others that its ridiculous that Internationals are played at the same time as ACL games in particular the Olympics qualifiers i didn't lose too many but enough to make the games unwinnable it proved it when we won the only game we had a full squad for 3-0. It makes it all the more bitter has we won't be having a second stab at the Champions league this year. The start of the season saw us sitting just behind the early leaders (2 clubs that are never normly around the top) after the ACL was out the way we soon hit top spot and pulled away by the mid point with Paxtakor sitting just 3 points below us ... Then came the big game vs them and we lost we then went on a 4 matcvh drawing run and soon they was 5 points clear we played them 2nd last game of the season with an outside chance if we could beat them (at their ground) we drew 3-3 and they took the title. We again lost in the Uzbek cup final against another team we have a much better record than in the league this is now getting crazy!!

Table - Finances

Transfers - Confidence.

Asian Champions League;

Match 1 - Match 2 - Match 3 - Match 4 - Match 5 - Match 6
    Group Table.

Squad Stats 1 + 2.

Starting XI;

GK. Shuhrat Mansurov.
    RB. Aqbar Ismatullaev.
    LB. Pavel Hamdamov.
    CB. Aqmal Ahmedov.
    CB. Qamoliddin Tojiev.
    RM. Anatoly Abduraimov.
    LM. Igor Petukhov.
    CM. Roberio.
    CM. Dennis Alas.
    CF. Alexandr Geynrih.
    CF. Andrius Veikutis.

Code:
    Year  Division        League Pos    Uzbek Cup
    2010  Birinchi Liga      3rd.        1st Rd.
    2011  Birinchi Liga    Winners.    Finalists.
    2012   Oliy Liga.        8th.        Q-Final.
    2013   Oliy Liga.        2nd.      Finalists.
    2014   Oliy Liga.        2nd.        Q-Final.
    2015   Oliy Liga.     Champions.   Finalists.
    2016   Oliy Liga.        2nd.      Finalists.

Banned

Heh the crazy hair Brazilian has some real quality, I know what you mean with the cups in all my domination of the Iraqi league I only won the cup once.

Club challenge complete (World Club Winners);

Code:
    Nation       | Club                  | Manager        | Year  | Tier | Domestic  | Asian CL | Asian Conf.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Indonesia    | Persma Manado         | rancer890 *    | 16/17 | Top  | 4x Winner | Winners  | n/a
    Saudi Arabia | Al-Tohami             | Nightowl       | 17/18 | Top  | 4x Winner | 2xWinner | n/a
    Challengers;

Code:
    Australia    | North Queensland Fury | ShootTheRunner | 10/11 | Top  | 1x Winner |          |
    Australia    | Perth Glory           | archie#10      | 10/11 | Top  | 1x Winner |          |
    Australia    | Adelaide United       | Ethan13        | 15/15 | Top  | 5x Winner | Winners  | n/a  
    Australia    | Brisbane Roar         | MachinegunHead | 12/13 | Top  | 1x Winner |          |
    China        | Dalien Yiteng         | kabajingai     | 2010  | 2nd  | 10th      |          |
    Hong Kong    | Hong Kong Police      | rancer890      | 11/12 | 2nd  | 1st ^^    |          |
    Hong Kong    | Hong Kong Police      | rinso          | 15/16 | Top  | 5th       |          |
    Indonesia    | Persmin Minahasa      | JSalter        | 12/13 | 2nd  | 1st ^^    |          |
    Iran         | Mashin-Sazi Tabriz    | blowcrapup     | 13/14 | 2nd  | 3rd       |          |
    Iraq         | Mosul                 | Quackje *      | 15/16 | Top  | 5x Winner | Winners  | 2x Winner
    Japan        | Black Pecker Hakodate | brettney1980   | 10/11 | 4th  | 2nd       |          |
    Japan        | Joetsu Warriors       | ToMexico!!     | 10/11 | 4th  | 5th       |          |
    Lebanon      | Homentmen             | Quackje        | 11/12 | Top  | 3rd       |          |
    Uzbekistan   | Surxon Termiz         | brettney1980 * | 2017  | Top  | 2x Winner | Group    |
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Philippines  | Giligans Island       | Brixton        | 15/16 | Top  | 3x Winner | Asian Pres. Winners
    Last edited by Quackje; 16-12-2009 at 17:32.

Youth Team

rinso > Police (HKG) Season 1.

League > 2nd (qualified for playoff)
    Promotion playoff > 3rd
    Junior Shield > 3rd Round.

Not a bad first season really, although we didnt really do ourselves justice in the playoff, losing against Sai Kung when we really should have won.
    The junior shield was pretty similar, we managed to beat Kwai Tsing 3-0, then lost to Sun Source, which I was rather disappointed about.

Finances are in a decent state, only £8k in the red at the end of the season, helped by that friendly with Liverpool. One thing to note about that; it projected we would get more money by playing it away and not at our place?! Didnt matter in the end, really, we lost 12-0 lol

Need to strengthen squad, get more younger players in, we struggled a little bit with rotating the squad and even with making subs, because of the "6 under 24" rule. It wouldnt be so bad if it were 6 in the match squad, but its 6 in the first 11, at all times! Can be a bit of head scratching when making subs!
    Training is ok, glad to see the little work-around still works! got at leaast 2 stars in every category.

Now have South China as a parent club too, so will be interesting to see if I get anybody half-decent oin loan from them. I tried the "get loan report" button as soon as they agreed the link-up, but nobody was interested.
    Last edited by rinso; 10-12-2009 at 15:03.

Banned

I have won the domestic title

Youth Team

what's going on here?! £600k transfer budget???? That cant be right, surely, the value of my team is only £35k lol We have NO season ticket holders, my chairman is willing to listen to offers, and overall, without spending anything on players last season, we made a loss of £45k... This just doesn't seem right...
    Last edited by rinso; 10-12-2009 at 16:25.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by rinso View Post
    what's going on here?! £600k transfer budget???? That cant be right, surely, the value of my team is only £35k lol We have NO season ticket holders, my chairman is willing to listen to offers, and overall, without spending anything on players last season, we made a loss of £45k... This just doesn't seem right...
    Don't complain! Just spend it and spend it quick.

The first time I won the league in Argentina, the board upped my transfer budget to over £10m. I did the only thing I could, spent it. Left us in debt for a couple of season, but the players purchased with it have done great things for the team.

Youth Team

lol im trying to spend it, but when you're semi-pro, in the lowest Hong Kong division, and cant sign any foreigners, then you're a wee bit limited!!

Reserves

ehhh, lutontown, are you in my challenge?

Nice seasons brettney and rinso.

brettney: Roberio looks quality, and hope you can retain the title

rinso: I'll say spend it and see what happens...

Semi Pro
    Wishing he was at Fenway Park watching his beloved Red Sox

Just holidaying now. I'm going for the Australian A-League

Semi Pro

Okay here goes taken over as manager of Adelaide United FC who finished bottom of the League

here's my profile and Personal pages

Amateur

Good evening(not evening yet, will be soon) I was shopping today and when i have finished downloading the patch(getting quite a slow speed) I'll be returning to the rancer890 challenge, I'll most likely start in India (though i said Maldives some time ago, might go there if i fail first season in India.) and hope to emulate my success in the 08 version.. though maby a bit faster as 50 years is quite a long time.

Reserves

Welcome and good luck with Adelaide Almondo.

Amateur

I have been born and will control Hindustan Aeronautics Sports Club, This be me.

Reserves

Good luck Sazchu. No one has tried India this year so hope you can achieve something with HASC.

Youth Team

season 2 > Rinso @ Police (hkg)

league > 6th
    junior shield > rnd 2
    homescreenThank goodness thats over! Poor season, and glad to see the back of it. Finished 6th in the league, struggled in the Junior Shield and came across several bits of weirdness.

1.the transfer budget.
    2.Unable to sign some domestic players form other clubs, cannot see why. screenie

Got a new chairman, promoted from within, but no extra investment, in fact, he took a loan out as our finances were a ways into the red.

Crossing fingers and hoping that the transfer budget will still be there for next season, and some players worth something will actually be interested in playing for us. Have got a few onto full-time contracts too, so will be trying to increase that number, and hopefully that should make a promotion push easier.
    Parent club are useless, I only get £2.4k from them, havent even played a friendly with em, and there's nobody interested in coming on loan...
    who knows what next season will bring? I expected mroe this time around, but was not to be. My job, however, should be secure, as we finished where predicted, and i got a new contract last summer. We may even sell our first season ticket, who knows?!

Reserves

No one buys season tickets in HK...

It was a step back but you weren't that far from a promotion playoff spot. I had a few lucky results go my way in my time in HK Third Division so hope you get those vital wins when you need them next year.

It's usually very close at the top of the table. 7 teams were still in contention when I was managing them with two games, but I won both games and got promoted.

Amateur

Good luck Almondo, it's nice to see someone else do the challenge with Adelaide.

Youth Team

season #3 > rinso @ Police (hkg)

League > 2nd (qualified for playoff)
    Promotion Playoff > 1st (promoted)
    Junior Shield > 2nd round.

home screen

Much better season than last time, although still plenty of room for improvement. We drew quite a high number of games this season, and, while its better than losing them, had we won, he would have run away with the league. As it was, though, we sneaked into the playoffs on the last day, ad Five-One-Seven lost at home. Playoffs were Us, Solon, Northern District, and Yuen Long.

Things started excellently, with a 3-0 away win at North District, however, Solon were next up, and we have never beaten them in out 3 previous matches. The form book went out of the window though, as we thrashed them 4-0 to take a maximum 6 points from our first two games. Things went badly wrong in the final match though, somehow losing to Yuen Long 4-0. Given they had lost their opening two games, it was a very poor, but ultimately irrelevant result, as the two wins gave us promotion!!

Squad-wise, we raided HKFC for a few players this time around, and managed to pinch a couple of Sun Hei's good youth prospects. Transfer budget is still ridiculously high (£275k) and the board are continually injecting money to help with our running costs!

Amateur

Congratulations on the promotion rinso, good luck in second division.

Amateur

Like last year's, this thread has been thoroughly enjoyable to read

Congrats to rancer for winning all those trophies. Persma Manado was quite a popular club about 10 years. Nicknamed the 'Blue Storm', they were for a few years the best team to represent eastern Indonesia. They had good and exciting players, passionate fans, and very supportive local government; they were the team everybody else tried to avoid, though I don't think they won any league title. After those few years, the local government pulled their support and the drop was surprisingly quick.

And did you and JSalter know that Persma Manado and Persmin Minahasa are actually from the same province, North Sulawesi (Celebes)? So it's local derby whenever the two of them meet. North Sulawesi is the northern-most province in Indonesia, its tip is actually just a touch below the Philippines, and Persma and Persmin (alongside PSM Makassar in South Sulawesi) are by far the strongest and most illustrious football clubs in neighboring region.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by ivanro View Post
    Like last year's, this thread has been thoroughly enjoyable to read

Congrats to rancer for winning all those trophies. Persma Manado was quite a popular club about 10 years. Nicknamed the 'Blue Storm', they were for a few years the best team to represent eastern Indonesia. They had good and exciting players, passionate fans, and very supportive local government; they were the team everybody else tried to avoid, though I don't think they won any league title. After those few years, the local government pulled their support and the drop was surprisingly quick.

And did you and JSalter know that Persma Manado and Persmin Minahasa are actually from the same province, North Sulawesi (Celebes)? So it's local derby whenever the two of them meet. North Sulawesi is the northern-most province in Indonesia, its tip is actually just a touch below the Philippines, and Persma and Persmin (alongside PSM Makassar in South Sulawesi) are by far the strongest and most illustrious football clubs in neighboring region.
    Wow that's nice to know. No wonder they're fierce rivals. I've noticed that the average attendance of games at Persmin is quite high, as they averaged over 14,000 fans in the first season in my game. Is there actually that much support for them irl?

And what about Persibom Bolaang Mongondow, listed as fierce rivals with Persma and Persmin? Are they situated in North Sulwesi as well?

I'm actually finishing up another season, and quite pleased to announce that our first Indonesian newgen has transferred to Europe (Swedish club Elfsborg), but not so happy that I'm losing the Indonesian Number 1 GK to Hungarian club Gyor on a free.

Amateur

Post Re: rancer890's FM10 Small Club to Big Club Asian Challenge

Persibom Bolaang Mongondow is located in Kotamobagu (regency), Persmin Minahasa is located in Tondano (regency), and Persma Manado is located in Manado (city), and you guessed right, rancer, all three are situated in the province of North Sulawesi. The population is around 2.2 million, about more than 400K live in the capital city of Manado; Kotamobagu and Tondano have around more than 300K each. This is all off the internet, btw.

Now, you asked if it's true that the average attendance for Persmin is around 14,000. Well, I don't have any official number with me, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a pretty close figure. The thing about North Sulawesi is, well, they're unique, not only in football, but also among the many facets of Indonesian lives.

For decades, due to centralistic policies of our previous leaders, eastern Indonesia lagged behind in development big time compared to its western counterpart. Businesses, transportations, education, health facilities, all were lacking. But not in sports. North Sulawesi, along with South Sulawesi, Maluku (Moluccas), and Irian (Papua) have always been the hotbeds of prominent athletes in the country, especially in football, swimming, boxing, and athletics. This is a massive source of pride and fanaticism for them. New talents emerge at a regular frequency, and this is especially true in football. I just checked, about 8 of 21 current national team players are hailed from those four provinces. Persma, Persmin, and Persibom from North Sulawesi, PSM Makassar from South Sulawesi, along with Persipura Jayapura and Persiwa Wamena from Papua, have always been widely respected and feared around the country, with PSM and Persipura being the richest, strongest, and most consistent.

And life on the outer provinces are quite different from that found in Jakarta, Surabaya, or all the other big cities in Java and Sumatera. There's hardly any multiplex, or performance art theater, or disco club. Hardly anything to distract the people from their routine daily life, which is farming, fishing, and local commerce and governance. So when a football season rolls, it's easy for me to imagine that about, say, 14,000 fans, turn up to the stadium ;)

Anyway, football aside, North Sulawesi is unique for several reasons. It's one of the most beautiful places in the country. Persmin is located next to Tondano Lake, a very cool and picturesque lake. Manado has always been known as a maritime city, and the province boasts Bunaken, an underwater park with probably the highest number of biodiversity on earth, and claimed by some as the most beautiful.

Unlike most other provinces, the majority of people in North Sulawesi are not Muslims, but rather Christians/Catholics. As such, and this is bordering on stereotyping, the people and their lives are viewed by the rest of Indonesians to be more 'free' and 'relaxed'. Their close proximity to the Philippines lends more reasoning to the argument. Plus, they also have lighter skin complexion compared to most Indonesians, and in a country that has been brainwashed for decades (centuries?) that 'whiter is better', they sell very well indeed in the national tv, movie, and celebrity industry.

Amateur

I had a great time with this challenge in South Korea last season, so I'm thinking about getting started on a save for this year's version soon.

However - I have a question: I was thinking of starting up in one of the smaller leagues (Jordan and Syria are appealing right now), but according to Wikipedia, they don't currently get spots in the Asian Champions League, just the AFC Cup. Is it possible that by performing well, my country can eventually get Champions League spots - or is it actually impossible to complete the challenge without loading a league that already gets Champions League spots?

Banned

If you win the AFC Cup you get a spot in next years Champions league. It doesn't seem to be possible though to improve the league such that a team gets into the champions league every year.

ivanro, what clubs are there in Semarang and other bits of central java?

Amateur

- Sazchu in India - Season 1 2010/11 - HASC - Indian National Football League -

Took over at Hindustan Aeronautics Sports Club and the club was expected to be a relegation contender.

The first game of the league was against Salgaocar at home and it was a taste of what was to come as we lost 0-2 and went 0-0-6 in our first 6 games with 0 goals scored and 16 goals conceded, we went to 14th place in our first game and not once during the season did we leave that spot which meant that we got relegated straight back down.

League Table

In the Indian Federation Cup we were in group with Mohun Bagan, United SC and East bengal, things went pretty much as expected there.

Federation Cup Group C

Code:
    Top Goalscorer - Luis Dias 7
    Most Assists - Sujay Saha 4
    Most MoM - Debashish Singh 2
    Most Games - Luis dias 29
    Highest Avarage Rating - Pintu Sarkar 6.76(20 apps)

I'll be staying in India and hoping to do better with my next team.

Amateur

Afternoon peeps.

Unfortunately my laptop died on me last week and so I have lost all my saved data. I am now running FM again, only this time out of the box and on a Mac.

I will redoing this challenge again sometime soon. Maybe with Japan.

Good luck to everyone else.

Amateur

Adelaide United - Hyundai A-League- 2015/2016 (Season 6)- Ethan13

We were in the quarter finals of the ACL and we were looking to improve on our semi final placing from the season before.

A-League (Regular Season)----League Table----Graph

Not as good as last season even though we scored more goals then we did last year but we conceded a lot more. We still won pretty easily in the end.

A-League Finals Series- Pretty straight forward although a red card early in the grand final gave us a few scares.

Asian Champions League- The quarter final started well with a 4-0 home win. We lead 2-1 in the away leg at half time so players were rested and we conceded 3 second half goals but still went through 6-4 on aggregate. The semi final was a rematch of last year’s semi against Al-Hilal. After they beat us 6-1 on aggregate last year we got our revenge going through 4-3 on aggregate. We faced Seoul in the final and we had never played them before but the other Korean opposition we had faced we had done well against. The game started well with an early goal for us and we looked comfortable for most of the game until a shocking back pass from Jamieson lead to a goal for them. In extra they scored early but then had a player sent off. We got one back but then also went down to 10 men. We lost on penalties which was really disappointing. We have made the quarter final again though.

Finances- Made money this season because of making the ACL final.

Transfers- Only managed to sign 2 players one who was a young Turkish goalkeeper who played in the youth team and the other a centre back.

Squad

Key Player- James Holland- Another outstanding season for Holland with 31 goals and 18 assists.

Fixtures Part 1 Part 2

Aims from Last Season
    -Win ACL FAILED
    -Improve Squad FAILED

Aims for Next Season
    -Win ACL
    -Add more depth to the squad

Domestic:
    Code:
     Season    League    Position    Final Series  ACL                    CWC    
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
     2010/11   A-League  3rd         3rd           N/A                    N/A       
     2011/12   A-League  1st         1st           N/A                    N/A
     2012/13   A-League  2nd         1st           N/A                    N/A
     2013/14   A-League  1st         1st           Lost in Quarter Final  N/A
     2014/15   A-League  1st         1st           Lost in Semi Final     N/A
     2015/16   A-League  1st         1st           Runner's Up            N/A

Amateur

Quackje,

off the top of my head, the following are clubs in Central Java province :

PSIS Semarang
    Persis Solo
    Persijap Jepara
    Persibat Batang
    PSIR Rembang
    PSISra Sragen

and some other smaller ones that have never been around the top tiers of our football league.

PSIM Yogyakarta and Pro Duta Yogyakarta are in the special province of Yogyakarta, a small region directly south of Central Java.

Banned

Ok thanks, you're like an oracle for Indonesian football ;)

Semi Pro

Season is now up and running. Played 4 won 4 to be sat top with 12 goals scored. Can't understand how Adelaide were bottom last season.

Youth Team

Afternoon all, just a quick update before i go to watch Liverepool vs Arsenal...

Life in the second division has been, well, surprisingly easy... after 10 games, our record stands at 5-4-1 having won our first 4 in a row. we're currently second, two points off the top, but things are very very tight, and we're the top of 3 teams on 19 points, presumably ahead on our head-to-head record.

Will maybe get a few games done tongight, we'll see how it goes.

Best of luck to everyone else, and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Amateur

Al-Tohami 2016-17 & 2017-18 Season Update

When I last posted an update, we had just won the Club World Championship. So how did the rest of the season go?

2016-17 League Table

With wins as well in both Saudi cups, it was a dominant season. Poor Al-Hilal was almost as dominant as us, and could be filling their trophy cabinet if we weren't here. At this point they are the only Saudi team keeping things interesting.

Goals for next season? To see if we can finish with an even better record, and maybe win another Club World Championship.

So how did it go?

2017-18 League Table

We achieved the first goal, cutting our goals against in half and setting a new record for goals scored. Victories in the two Saudi cups, and the Asian Champions League, added to the trophy case. We only lost one game all season, 3-1 against Inter in the Club World Championship semi final, so we didn't achieve my second goal. All in all, a very successful season.

Things are starting to drag a bit though. We won every game but 4 (2 league draws, vs Inter, and 1 draw in the Champions League). Even when the team gets a red card, we still win. The national manager's job status is very secure and they are in the 2018 World Cup, so unless they fail terribly, I can't see him getting fired. I was actually struggling to find a reason to keep going with this save.

But I kept going, and things should start getting a bit more interesting soon. My new stadium will be ready this season, and I want to at least play a season there. More importantly, the team may need an overhaul after the 2018-19 season. A number of my better players' contracts expire after this season, and although I've been trying to renew them for over a year, they have been unwilling to sign. The foreign players don't bother me much, I have too many anyway, and I can just start playing some others that have been sitting unregistered, or one of the many I loaned out to other teams. But some of my best Saudi players, the core of the team forever, don't want to re-sign. Should I play out the season and hope they don't walk away for nothing? Or, and I received some very good offers in the past for many of these guys, is it time to try to sell them off for whatever I can get? Re-tooling will be tough, as most of the best Saudi players in the game are already playing on my team, so who do I replace them with? Should be an interesting couple of seasons ahead...

So what would everyone here do? Do I play it out and hope they stay, or is it time to cash in and rebuild? If nothing else, it's renewed my motivation to play this save.

Back later with another update, and maybe a plan of attack for the next two seasons.

Amateur

Wow! The Saudi manager resigned after the World Cup, despite beating Brazil(!) and Canada in the first round (losing to Ukraine prevented them from qualifying for the second round). So I of course applied for the job. And what happens? They give the job to former Al-Ittihad player Mohammed Noor, who had just ended his playing career after the 2016-17 season, and has no managerial experience!

I guess being the most successful manager in Asia, and being the manager of 9-10 of the Saudi first eleven, plus a few bench players, of the last World Cup team wasn't enough.

Reserves

Tough luck there Nightowl on not getting the national job. I would sell some players to avoid losing them on a free. I lost my starting GK, and Indonesian No. 1 GK, on a free.

Hope you can win the Champions League Ethan next year. Unlucky to lose on penalties.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by rancer890 View Post
    Tough luck there Nightowl on not getting the national job. I would sell some players to avoid losing them on a free.
    Agreed, both on the tough luck part and the avoiding losing players on a free part. I've learnt my lesson as far as desperately trying to cling on to my best players and eventually losing them for nothing goes in these small club to big club challenges - only once has one of my top players ever actually relented and re-signed when all the indications were that he wouldn't (last year in my South Korea save). Better to cash in while you can.

Youth Team

season 4 > rinso @ Police (hkg)

Well, despite the step up, we continued our decent performances from last season, and survived comfortably. A final position of 5th did us great credit, and showed we're definitely not out of our depth here.
    We played well against the teams I felt we HAD to beat, but we were found wanting against the bigger teams in the division, hence a drop down the table in the final weeks. It would have been nothing short of a miracle if we had sustained our early season form, but all in all, the signs are very encouraging for the future.

Promotion, as expected, widened the scope of players interested in playing for us, and I quickly managed to spend the transfer budget (finally) with a great chunk going on Li Yanming, a young Chinese DC who was very highly recommended by my scouts. With an average rating of 7.04, from 15 apps, he has already started to repay that fee (£240k)

league table
    home screen
    transfers

Hopefully, will get even more players onto full-time contracts, although first priority is to rectify the bank balance.
    Aiming for more of the same this season, in both the league and cup.

Semi Pro

Brettneys Uzbek Adventure - Season 8 - 2017.

We are back in the ACL for next season. Had a doubly good year with us finally getting our hands on the Uzbek Cup winning comfortable in the final (no wobbles this year). Both us and Paxtakor had less dominant years with the points tallys being lower than ever this year.

Oliy Liga Table - Player Stats - Uzbek Cup Final.

Transfers - Finances.

I have been entered into the Uzbek Managers Hall of Fame.

Squad Stats 1 and 2.

First Teamers;

GK. Shuhrat Mansurov.
    RB. Vladislav Ahmedov.
    CB. Aqmal Ahmedov.
    CB. Shuhrat Mehmonov.
    LB. Pavel Hamdamov.
    RM. Anatoly Abduraimov.
    CM. Roberio.
    CM. Temur Yarboboev.
    LM. Igor Petukhov.
    CF. Sebastian Catalan.
    CF. Rustam Hasanov.
    Banging on the first team door:
    RB/LB Aqbar Ismatullaev.
    LM/CF Diego.
    CF. Alexandr Geynrih.

Code:
    Year  Division        League Pos    Uzbek Cup
    2016   Oliy Liga.        2nd.      Finalists.
    2017   Oliy Liga.     Champions.    Winners.

Amateur

Asian Champions League 2015/16 Review

Quarter Final First Leg---Second Leg

We were drawn against Shandong in a rematch of the quarter final last year. We managed to pick up a 1-0 win in China and backed that up with a huge 4-0 win at home to advance to the Semi Finals.

Semi Final First Leg---Second Leg

We were up against Seongnam from Korea. We had come up against them before as twice they had been drawn in our group and we had a good record against them with 3 wins and a draw with 2 of the wins being 7-0. We were hit by injuries to key players before the first leg which showed as we struggled in the first half. We managed to get a 2 goal lead but they grabbed a valuable away goal and the match ended 2-1. We went down 2-0 by half time in the away leg and we were looking out. Djite scored twice (71st and 76th minutes) to get us through to our second straight ACL final.

The Final

This was the big one and we faced Korean opposition for the second straight year. This time it was Jeonbuk, an opponent we had never faced before. The match started with us on top and was very similar to last year’s final. We didn't put our chances away and with their first shot they scored on the counter attack. We kept going forward but couldn't hit the back of the net and it looked like a second consecutive final loss until Kilkenny who had been subbed on scored a beautiful volley from outside the box in the 91st minute. We had already made all our subs so we had to go into extra time with a 3 man defence. Monterosso scored in the first half of extra time and then Djite scored twice in the second half to give us a huge 4-1 win and our first ACL title.

Semi Pro

Nice ACL win there Ethan

Youth Team

Congrats on the ACL win, Ethan!!

Halfway through season 5, and things are going well. We're currently joint top of the division with HKFC (swines) and playing well, although goals are harder to come by this time around. We've also been entered into the FA cup this year, dunno how we've only just qualified, but there ya go!!

Semi Pro

Congrats on the Champions League win Ethan.

Brettneys Uzbek Adventure - A few little tidbits.

Last seasons top scorer Sebastian Catalan has been sold over my head to Chilian club Colo Colo (lots of clauses in the fee) £1.5Mish. Its put us back in the black and the £50K per month for the next 23 months might help us stay that way.

I had one of my Trial months after the apparent success of Catalan and trialled about 12 players decided on signing these 3: Torres Diaz and Gustavo.

The ACL draw is in and we've got AL-Jazeera (UAE), Al-Shabab (Saudi Arabia) and Saba Battery (Iran).

Reserves

Nice seasons rinso and brettney.

Nice start to the new season rinso, and hope your signings can be helpful during your ACL campaign.

Congratz Ethan on the ACL win.

Youth Team

Season #5 > rinso @ Police (HKG)

Well, what can I say? A stunning season, and I'm chuffed to bits with the outcome!

league table Finished 1st (promoted!!)
    homescreen
    transfers

Finances are beginning to be a worry now, we're over £200k in the hole and still losing money every month, despite me trimming the squad. The board have also been reluctant to "inject" cash this time, so they could be running out too!!

Promotion should widen the scope of players interested in signing for me, and I'm already slightly stuck with which way to go. I know the rules are different for the D1 with regards to foreigners, but I dont want to sign too many, then get relegated and have to sell them all as they would be ineligible for D2. I managed to pick up 2 Argentinian DC's from Sham Shui Po, as they were ineligible for them due to their relegation, and that means I now have 4 foreigners in the squad. one of the Chinese players I have will shortly be eligible for HK nationality, so with a little luck, he'll take it.

Cups weren't very good this time, Junior Shield we went out first round, as in the FA cup, but its all good experience, i suppose!

Most of the backroom staff are on full-time contracts now, and over half of the playing staff are, so hopefully that should stand us in good stead for the forthcoming season.

Aims for the new season:
    don't get relegated!!
    continue getting players to turn full-time.
    try and reduce the club's debts, but not at the expense of my playing squad.

edit: promotion has meant we have turned professional!!
    Last edited by rinso; 14-12-2009 at 19:50.

Semi Pro

Nice season there rinso, and good luck staying in the top tier.

Amateur

Alright, after following the thread for the past one year and giving my take on what I know about Indonesian football, I’ve finally found the courage to start the challenge myself

Please welcome Ivanro Ivanro, the new manager of Perseden Denpasar.

And the following are some information regarding the club : general information, finances (NO transfer budget whatsoever), facilities, transfer history (I have to sign A LOT free agents because I had only like four or five players at the start), and club’s previous history (which is still blank, my job to fill it with pride and glory ).

Club Info 1 Club Info 2
    Finances
    Transfer History
    Club History

I should remind you guys that my games might go a little slow. Between work, family, my Barca save, my sometime Liverpool save, and then this one, I envision a very relaxed play. I hope that’s alright in this challenge, there’s no time limit, right? I already started this game a few days ago, so hopefully I’ll finish it in a day or two.

Now a general overview and a little bit of history lesson.

Perseden Denpasar, hereinafter referred to as Perseden (‘Persatuan Sepakbola Denpasar’ or ‘Denpasar Football United’), was a relatively young club, founded circa 1969, and is located in the capital city of Bali province, Denpasar. It plays its football at the Ngurah Rai Stadium, named after the most well-known national hero to emerge from the island during war of independence. With a capacity of 15,000 in which 5,000 are seated, not a shabby stadium at all. The club has adequate training facilities and a youth academy with basic youth facilities.

Though Bali supports a large population (3.5mil) and Denpasar is her biggest city (500K), the island has never been well-known for its football. There was this one professional club in the 80s and 90s called Gelora Dewata (‘Passion of the Gods’) that competed in the old Galatama league and the early years of Indonesian League, a mid-table club at its best, and in the late 90s the owner relocated the club to East Java and that was the end of elite football competition in Bali. Since then, a few other local clubs such as Persegi Gianyar and our very own Perseden tried to break through to the top, but most of the time they languished in the lower leagues.

But perhaps Bali doesn’t need to excel in sports anyway. Nicknamed locally as the Island of the Gods, I guess the gods did spend a little bit more time with the island when they were creating earth : blessed with some of the most beautiful beaches, some of the most diverse flora and fauna, some of the most breathtaking landscapes. The atmosphere is very relaxed; it’s a tropical island but the breeze keeps it rather cooler than most places in the archipelago; the beautiful Hindu temples of centuries past are preserved but five-star hotels and world-class resorts are springing up each day; the people are traditionally very religious, very polite and well-mannered, but the economy is bustling and the nightlife is steaming. And they, the Balinese people, are some of the most refined artisans in the country, if not the world, when it comes to traditional dancing, wood-carving, stone-carving, cloth-making, painted art and silverware. It’s the number one tourist destination in the country, and has been voted year after year as the number one tourist island in the world.

So why would they need a football glory?

I guess that’s where I come in. ;)
    Last edited by ivanro; 16-12-2009 at 12:19.

Amateur

Hmm, that's interesting. None of the codes works. Can anybody point out to me what I did wrong with the HTML?

Thanks. Much appreciated.

Amateur

for the images use .[-url="link for image"] text for image[/-url]
    skipping the - part ofcourse

Youth Team

season #6 > rinso @ Police (Hkg)

Well, that's another season on the board, and it will definitely be labelled a success. We survived comfortably in the top division, and, for the most part, played well too. There were, of course, the odd exception, but on the whole, I'm pleased with our performances.
    The low point of the season was a 2-1 defeat away at HKFC, although we did perform quite well despite going down to 9 men! It proved to be a fiery affair, and one of the HKFC players also got his marching orders, and 2 of the 3 goals were penalties!
    We gained a very creditable draw away at South China, but against the rest of the bigger teams in the division, we were pretty poor. The defence definitely needs tightening up, and that has to be the priority for the summer.

Finances are still bad, havent really made much of an impression there, and i'm now way over my wage budget too (£600/week)!! Shifting a few players on in the summer once more, and hopefully the board will raise the allowances, as I dont really want to have to "sell to buy"
    My scouts (Brazilian, Nepalese, Indian, and hk) have found me some great players throughout the season, and luckily for me, I have been able to get them all on free transfers!! I think its an absolute "must" for smaller clubs to have different nationality staff, as it helps with expanding the amount of players on the "search screen"

FA Cup > R2
    Senior Shield > R1
    League > 5th

transfers
    home screen
    my squad

edit to include: my new keeper, Juninho pinched from recently relegated HKFC on a freebie!
    Last edited by rinso; 15-12-2009 at 21:55.

Amateur

Sazchu,

thanks for the help. If I may ask one more thing, how can I make my picture show in one full window (just like rinso's ^^) instead of taking me to the photobucket website (just like mine currently is)?

Mucho appreciado ;)

Semi Pro

Ivanro what sazchu has posted will do exactly what rinso's pictures do which is actually better as they don't slow down the page.

Also Rinso nice season there mate. Glad to see you kept in the top division
    Last edited by Almondo; 16-12-2009 at 13:16.

Amateur

After a long absence (uni, work etc.) I've finally got around to getting FM 10 and thought I'd dive straight in at the deep end and try out this challenge. For some reason the lure of managing in Iraq was overwhelming, so here I am!

Al-Karkh seem a reasonably big club, they were runners-up in the Asian Champions Cup in 1989 and it was a surprise when they relegated a few years ago. Looking forward to this, and will keep you updated.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by ivanro View Post
    Sazchu,

thanks for the help. If I may ask one more thing, how can I make my picture show in one full window (just like rinso's ^^) instead of taking me to the photobucket website (just like mine currently is)?

Mucho appreciado ;)
    When you've uploaded the image to photobucket, select the "direct image link" and post that here...

How do i make neat and tidy links? - {url=X/]Y[/url] - first you will need to replace { with [ - i had to use these so you could see the code. Then X = the site itself, e.g. www.hotmail.com etc, and Y = what you want the link to look like.

So, if i replace { with [ and make X "www.hotmail.com", and Y "This is a nice shiny link" - we should be left with..... This is a nice shiny link

edit: just seen this in the patch list, too.... >

Hong Kong
    ---------
    - Adjusted Hong Kong's continental competition qualifiers (League Winner and Senior Challenge Cup winner qualify).
    Last edited by rinso; 16-12-2009 at 20:09.

Semi Pro

Adelaide United FC Season 1 - 2010 - 2011 - Almondo

Hyundai A League

Fixtures Pt 1 Fixtures Pt 2

Had an easy start to the season but started to get mired down after about 15 games only winning the title on the final day due to Central Coast Mariners only getting a draw.

Hyundai A League Finals Series

Semi Final Leg 1 Semi Final Leg 2

Final

Came up against the Mariners again. They seem to be my bogey team as I've had trouble beating them.

1st team Squad

Transfers

Player of the season

This has to go to Cristiano. this guy has been on fire.

Golden Boot Foreign Player of the Year

Finally here is the Manager of the Year

Code:
     2010/11   A-League  1st         2nd           N/A                    N/A
    Last edited by Almondo; 17-12-2009 at 02:49.

Amateur

Congrats on a great first season Almondo. Unlucky on missing out on the finals series but i am sure you can win it next year. Cristiano did brilliantly for me as well, try and keep a hold of him.

Youth Team

season #7 > rinso @ Police (HKG)

Another season down, and an improvement on last time, although we're still some distance behind our eventual goal of 1st place. Despite not being able to draw games this time around, we managed to finish higher up the league than last time!

Cups were much better this time around, aided I think by our inability to draw matches this season. In the past we've gone through to extra time quite often, so thats obviously tired my players out.

We're still along way in the hole, financially, and I can't see it improving much until we qualify for the ACL. I've got some good players in the squad, but its trimmed right down to the bare bones, with maybe 1 or 2 spare players. Its lucky theres usually a decent ga between matches, or I'd be really struggling when someone gets injured!

league table
    transfers
    squad
    home screen

edit: I dunno whether to be pleased or annoyed, but just got a message saying we have qualified for the Conf. Cup due to finishing 4th last season (its now mid-november!)
    Last edited by rinso; 17-12-2009 at 16:45.

Semi Pro

Adelaide United FC - Season 2 - 2011/12 - Almondo

League Table

Fixtures pt 1 Fixtures pt 2

Pretty easy season this one. Only losing 1 game which was the last game of the year against the mariners

Hyundai A League Finals series

Semi final Leg 1, Semi final leg 2

Final

Managed to avenge the loss last season in the final.

1st team squad

Only one transfer in this year in the form of Evan Berger. Although I have let 3 players leave on a free

Player of the season

Giving this to Cristiano again although he missed out on the golden boot

Player of the Year, Foreign Player of the Year

Golden boot

2nd consecutive Manager of the year

Currently I'm in the group stages of the ACL. Will update on how that goes later on.

Code:
    Last edited by Almondo; 17-12-2009 at 22:11.

Semi Pro

Brettneys Uzbek Adventure - Season 9 - 2018.

Another double winning season garantee's us Champions League football next season we really dominated the league this year so much so that we'd already won the title with 4 games to go. Not only that i played an entire team of not only non first teamers but 7 debutants and we still won 1-0. We also won the Uzbek cup final with backup players and drew the last 3 games of the season as well. Now the ACL how did we do? We scrapped through the group stage and struggled scraped and downright fluked our way all the way to the ACL final which we lost 3-1 but we enjoyed the immense achievement and look forward to aiming for getting that far again next year!

Oliy Liga Table - Finances <Look we're in the black

Uzbek Cup Final.

ACL Group - ACL Tree - ACL Cup Final.

Squad Stats 1 and 2.

First Team Squad;

GK. Shuhrat Mansurov.
    RB. Aladislav Ahmedov.
    CB. Anton Narziqulov.
    CB. Shuhrat Mehmonov.
    LB. Aqbar Ismatullaev.
    DMC. Roberio.
    LM. Neto.
    CM. Igor Petukhov.
    RM. Anatoly Abduraimov.
    CF. Rustam Hasanov.
    CF. Jose Diaz.

Rotation Players:
    CM. Temur Yarboboev.
    RB/LB. Pavel Hamdamov.
    CF. Ronny Torres.
    DMC/CB. Gustavo.
    LM/CF. Diego.
    CB. Aqmal Ahmedov.

On to International news Diego and Petukhov have took Uzbekistan passports and have made their debuts for their new country.

Code:
    Year  Division        League Pos    Uzbek Cup   ACL
    2016   Oliy Liga.        2nd.      Finalists.  Group Stage.
    2017   Oliy Liga.     Champions.    Winners.     N/A
    2018   Oliy Liga.     Champions.    Winners.   Finalists.

Youth Team

season #8 > rinso @ Police (HKG)

Well, thank goodness that seasons over with!! We had some success in some areas, not as much as I would have liked, though, and the league was very disappointing.
    There's no doubting the two bright spots, though;
    Qualified for the next stage of the Conf. Cup.
    Won the Senior Shield.
    I'm pleased with our performances in the C/c, especially as qualifying for the latter stages will further boost our bank balance, which is almost back in the black!
    Finally managed to find a decent fitness coach, not bad after 8 years, so there's been alittle re-structuring behind the scenes, with probably more to come, as two scouts are declining new contracts saying their wages arent high enough, when i'm offering what theyre asking for!!

Definitely need to strengthen for next season, a couple of right wingers are the priority, really struggled on that flank this time.

League > finished 5th
    Senior Shield > Winners!
    League Cup > Semi's
    FA Cup >
    ACL > Qualified as group winners

homescreen

Been drawn against Selangor (again) for the knock out round, and won that, 2-1.

One thing I really do not understand, is watching some of the AI transfers in the lower leagues. Teams like Sham Shui Po, are constantly taking players on trial, and subsequently signing, players that will be ineligible for them. Its like they somehow don't realise what theyre doing! They must have signed and lost several Argentinians this way (3 to me) over the past few seasons, and it shows no signs of abating.

Semi Pro

Nice season there rinso. At least your league positions are improving every year.

One note about my season, I signed Mark Viduka as a coach but am gonna offer him the assistant manager's position as my current ass man's contract is up at the end of april and I have no inclination to renew his contract.

Reserves

So close brettney. Good luck next year. No more money making friendlies though!

You keep improving rinso. Hope you can do well in the rest of Confed. Cup campaign.

Nice work getting Viduka on your staff Almondo. Nice to get those former players back in football.

Amateur

Adelaide United - Hyundai A-League- 2016/2017 (Season 7)- Ethan13

Note: Squad screenshot and Djite screenshot were taken before the final 3 Asian Champions League games.

We were once again looking to win the ACL for the first time.

Scored a lot of goals at the start of the year but dropped a bit in the middle and Melbourne looked like winning it. We beat them away in the second last game of the year to practically seal the title.

A-League Finals Series- Very disappointing as we lost on penalties in the final. This is the first time we haven't won this since my first year in charge.

Asian Champions League- Finally we won this. Full review can be found here.

Club World Cup- Our first season in this and it started well as it was being hosted in Australia and we beat Central Coast 3-0. We faced Juventus in the Semi and despite our best efforts 3 defensive mistakes cost us as we lost 3-0. The third place playoff was crazy as we were somehow up 3-1 at half time before they got it back to 3-3 and then they scored a brilliant goal to win it 4-3.

Finances- Once again money went well as we won the ACL and through the CWC.

Transfers- McGowan and Fatic joined at the start of the season but lost lots of players at the end of free transfers. Spanish midfielder Pallardo is also leaving but I am getting a very nice 5 million for him. Danning joined at the end of the season but I will need a lot of new players for the next season.

Squad

Key Player- Bruce Djite- His best season ever at the club and it turned out to be his last as he joined FC Utrecht on a free transfer. He came so close to 50 goals for the year and fell just one short on 49. Brilliant and is now on the favoured personnel of the club.

Fixtures Part 1 Part 2

Aims from Last Season
    -Win ACL ACHIEVED
    -Add more depth to the squad ACHIEVED

Aims for Next Season
    -Win back final's series
    -Win ACL again
    -Attempt to win CWC
    -Re build squad

Domestic:
    Code:
     2016/17   A-League  1st         2nd           Winners                4th
    Last edited by Ethan13; 18-12-2009 at 05:53.

Semi Pro

Good season there Ethan. Unlucky with the loss in the finals series and good show against Juve. I may have to have a look a Djite as another striking option as really all I've got is Cristiano, Valci and Sekulovski. Plus I need another couple of wide players.

Amateur

I would defiantly look at him and James Holland, both have scored a lot of goals for me and provide great attacking options. How did you go in the ACL Group stage?

Edit: Just got this message. It's not much but it will bring the capacity up to around 20,000.
    Last edited by Ethan13; 18-12-2009 at 05:57.

Reserves

Nice season Ethan. Tough luck there in the CWC. But nice work on the stadium expansion.

Any possible replacements for Djite?

Amateur

I have signed Kofi Danning who looks like he could be good and he should be getting into his prime as he is 26. Other then him there is no real good Australian strikers so I will have to look for a foreign one.

Semi Pro

Adelaide Uniteds ACL adventure Part 1 2012 - Almondo

Okay so the group stage drew us against Seoul of South Korea, Giurrare Yokohama of Japan and Chanba of China The results of all games are below.

Group and fixtures pt 1, Group and fixtures pt 2

So there we are got through to the 2nd round and who do I come up against but my arch enemies The Central Coast Mariners.
    2nd round.

As you can see wee managed to put them out of the ACL with a narrow win using a new tactic which had seen us get absolutely trouced by Seoul 5-1 in the final group stage.

Lets see what the Quarter final draw will bring up for me later on

In other news I've hired Mark Viduka as my assistant manager and to replace him as a coach I've hired the one time Leeds and Liverpool player Harry Kewell.
    Last edited by Almondo; 22-12-2009 at 19:55.

Semi Pro

So close brettney. Good luck next year. No more money making friendlies though!
    It was mostly from the Catalan sale and playing in the ACL. I've even got the board to agree to Training and Youth Academy improvements.

Semi Pro

Adelaide Uniteds ACL adventure part 2 2012 - Almondo

So the Quarter Final draw came upon us and we were Drawn against Japanese opposition in the form of Okayama FC.

Quarter Final Leg 1, Quarter final Leg 2

Well after beating Okayama we drew Korean opposition in the form of our nemesis from the group stages Seoul.

Semi Final Leg 1, SemiFinal Leg 2

So not a very good performance in the Semi Final but to be honest I didn't really expect us to get as far as we did in the ACL this year.

In the final however Seoul came up against Saudi Arabian opposition in the form of Al Ahli losing 1-0 in the final.
    Last edited by Almondo; 22-12-2009 at 19:55.

Youth Team

ahhh this game is such a relief when the insomnia kicks in...

We've been playing well this season so far, despite two early-season losses in the league. The performances have been good, and the results, in general, have been positive. None more so than in the Confederations Cup, where we reached our first ever final!!

Confederations Cup Final!

We certainly weren't overawed by the occasion, and we got a nice tidy sum of £186k for the result, which has put us nicely back into the black again!

One other thing of note, the Chairman is now "willing to listen to offers" so we willl have to see if there are any further developments this season.

We're currently sitting 3rd in the league with 15 points from our opening 7 games, so hopefully that should make us a reasonably attractive proposition for investors, however, given my previous experience of takeovers in Hong Kong, the wait is an exceedingly worrying one!!

edit: Just to add, we've qualified for the 2019 Staging of the Asian Champion's League!! Unexpected, but delighted to be in there, and that should really help our bank balance along! Not expecting too much, as a fair few of my players wont be able to play, due to the foreigner restrictions, but we'll see how it goes...
    Last edited by rinso; 21-12-2009 at 07:38.

Youth Team

season #9 > rinso @ Police (hkg)

Well, what a season this turned out to be!!

ACL > Group stage (3rd)
    League> 2nd
    FA Cup> Semi-finals
    Senior Shield> Semi-final
    League Cup> Semi-final

home screen

The takeover went through (promotion from within) but it all seems to be the same as before, no major changes/investments.

The squad has remained pretty much the same, still over my wage budget, so signing players isn't really an option!
    I may, however, have to cash in on my keeper soon, as he requested a transfer when he was understudy to Juninho, and, despite having replaced him, being the #1 for a couple of seasons now, not missing a game, and being the only keeper at the club, he still refuses to withdraw his request and wont sign a new deal. With his current contract up in 2021, time is running out!

The main events of the season were:

Qualifying for the ACL, and performing well in our group. It was, however, a group of two halves, as we won our first 2 games, then lost the last 4, meaning we missed out on the knock-out stages.

Unfortunately, suffering the "match divergence" bug and being eliminated from the League Cup, despite winning after extra-time! (gutted)

Definitely my best season in charge so far, and hopefully it will continue! Need to keep qualifying for the ACL to make any kind of progress though, as its the only time we make a decent amount of money! STILL not been able to upgrade facilities/youth setup, so they're still amongst the worst possible!

Seem to be suffering another bug, this time with the feeder clubs. I can ask my board for one, and it goes back to the inbox screen, but there's no news item saying they accept the request, and theyll look for a club, nor do i get a message when the search is done... :mad:

edit: forgot to say we're in the Conf. Cup again next season, despite finishing higher in the league than last time?!

Reserves

Almondo, tough luck there in the Semi-Finals. I think you're very close to winning it.

rinso, are you patched up, I think those issues you mentioned are from the last patch. You should patch up.

Semi Pro

Adelaide United FC - season 3 - 2012/13 - Almondo

League

League Table
    Fixtures Pt 1, Fixtures Pt 2

The league didn't go as smoothly as last year did. losing a couple more games this year but still being top of the table for most of the year. 2nd place was being fought over by Sydney FC, Melbourne Victory and those pesky Central Coast Mariners, with the Mariners getting 2nd place for the 3rd year running.

Hyundai A-League Finals series

Semi Final Leg 1, Semi Final Leg 2

So after beating the Mariners 3-2 on aggregate it came down to the final once again against the Mariners. The 3rd time in as many years that this has been the final.

The Final

Asian Champions League

Quarters and Semi's

Transfers

IN
    Troy Hearfield
    Robert Waller
    Hamid Mombeni
    Mohsen Norouzi
    Peter Payne

All except Payne have played in the 1st team. Payne has just joined on April 1st.

Out
    Scott jamieson sold for £100,000 as he wanted a move to a bigger club yet went to Belgium.
    David Elston Released on a free as he wouldn't get a game.

Player of the Year

Once again I feel the only player worthy of this accolade is Cristiano

He's been my best player this season earning 3 accolades for his performances
    Golden boot
    Foreign Player of the Year
    A League Player of the Year

Once again i have been made Manager of the Year

Aims for next season

Get to the final of the ACL
    strengthen in a couple of areas of the team

Code:
     2012/13   A-League  1st         1st           Semi Final             N/A
    I will post the update for the group stage of the 2013 ACL probably on wednesday.
    Last edited by Almondo; 22-12-2009 at 20:53.

Youth Team

rancer > yeah, I'm patched, thats what's so annoying about it!! Dunno if it's because I started the game pre-patch 2 or what. Waiting on feedback from bugs section.

Amateur

Adelaide United - Hyundai A-League- 2017/2018 (Season 8)- Ethan13

After winning the ACL last season we were looking to back that up and hopefully win back the A-League Finals Series.

Our best points total yet as we dominated the league again.

A-League Finals Series- It was good to win this back although it looked like we might lose in the final again at one stage.

Asian Champions League-
    Not great as we disappointedly crashed out at the quarter finals on away goals.

Finances- Lost money due to having to pay back for our stadium expansion and because we went out early in the ACL.

Transfers- The squad saw a lot of changes this season as a lot of players left which meant new ones needed to come in.

Squad

Key Player- Francesco Monterosso- Took over from where Djite left off as he scored an impressive 29 goals. He has always been the 3rd choice striker but it was nice to see him step up.

Fixtures Part 1 Part 2

Aims from Last Season
    -Win back final's series ACHIEVED
    -Win ACL again FAILED
    -Attempt to win CWC FAILED
    -Re build squad ACHIEVED

Aims for Next Season
    - Win ACL

Domestic:
    Code:
     2017/18   A-League  1st         1st           Lost in Quarter Final  N/A

Amateur

After an un impressive World Cup campaign by Australia Pim Verbeek finally decided to leave. I got this message after applying for the job.

Here I am the new manager of Australia.

Semi Pro

Adelaide United FC's ACL Adventure 2013 - update 1

Okay so in the group stages we came up against Tianjin of China, Deagu of Korea and once again Giurare Tokoyama of Japan. We had an easie time of it than last year winning 4 and Drawing 2.

In the second round we came up against Ballena Shizuoka of Japan beating them 4-0 to move onto the Quarter finals.

ACL fixtures - Group stages and 2nd round
    ACL group

In the quarter finals we have drawn Persepoils Tehran of Iran.

Semi Pro

Adelaide United FC's ACL Adventure 2013 - Part 2

The quarter finals rolled round to find Adelaide United meeting Iranian opposition in the shape of Persepolis Tehran.

Leg 1, Leg 2

After the 5-0 Aggregate win over the Iranian team the Semi Finals Came round with Adelaide meeting Suwon Samsung Blue Wings of South Korea.

Leg 1, leg 2

A much tighter pair of games here but with Adelaide winning on away goals they headed for only their 2nd Champions League final in the history of the team. We were up against Saudi Arabian opposition in the form of AL Ittifaq. They were expected to beat us but well have a look for yourselves.

ACL Final

Yes thats right we went against the bookies and won 3 - 0. Meaning that we will head to a CWC.

Semi Pro

Adelaide United FC's Club World Championship 2013

Adelaide undertook the 13 hr flighjt to Johnaesburg knowing that they were the massive underdogs to win the title with Werder Bremen favourites to win the CWC.

We were put straight into the 2nd Round of the CWC and were drawn against South African Opposition in thye shape of Kaiser Chiefs. This was a fairly easy game to win in which we were favourites by a long way. We would have prefered to win by a bigger margin but the main headline from this game was that our 2nd best striker Valci was injured and will miss the rest of the season.

CWC 2nd Round vs Kaiser Chiefs

So the Semi Final came around and found the champions of Asia facing the Champions of Europe Werder Bremen. This was the draw that we were dreading as a team. However we went into the game knowing that all the pressure was on the European Champions. After a tense 90 minutes which had seen the two sides locked in a 1 - 1 draw (with Adelaide taking the lead) we headed for the lottery that is a penalty shootout.

The shootout went to 8 penalties each with Bremen's last penalty taker Kai Scholze missing his penalty. this left young left winger Andrew Currie with the chance to put Adelaide into the CWC final.

CWC Semi Final vs Werder Bremen

After the tense issue that was that penalty shootout Adelaide United FC had 3 days rest before the final against more South African opposition this time in the form of Mamelodi Sundowns. Once again they were heavy favourites to win the game and thus become Club World Champions. However after the joy of beating the European champions Adelaide decided to come out firing and to go on the attack from the off. The strategy worked catching Sundowns off target.

CWC Final vs Sundowns

Adelaide wins CWC

Also with the tournament out of the way it transpires that the top 3 players in the CWC were all Adelaide United players with number 1 goalkeeper Mark Birighitti taking top spot followed by Cristiano and Iain Fyfe.

Player of the CWC

In other news Adelaide have continued their policy of taking former Australian Internationals on as members of the coaching staff with the appointment of Brett Emerton. Emerton joins assistant manager Mark Viduka and coach Harry Kewell as a coach who has played for Australia.

Amateur

ivanro in Indonesia - SEASON ONE (2010/2011) SUMMARY

Alright, my first ever crack at the challenge

Like I said in my previous post, Perseden Denpasar was a semi-professional club with only four or five players ready at the start. I then signed no less than 20 new players, and with zero transfer budget, all of them were free agents. And due to the club’s status (or maybe the division’s rule, I dunno), I was only allowed to sign 2 coaches at the most.

And to be consistent with the dubious tradition that was Indonesian football, I decided to devise a 3-5-2 tactic for my team. I noticed that many other teams used the 3-5-2. albeit the more straight-forward DC-DC-DC, ML-MC-MC-MC-MR, ST-ST. Mine had more waves to it : SW, DC-DC, WDL-WBR, MC-MC, AMC, ST-ST. It’s very risky, because though there seemed to be an abundance of WB players in the country, very few actually had acceptable dribbling and crossing skills. Likewise with SW; I imagined my sweeper would be a ball-playing defender, but none that I found even closely resembled that, LOL. But it’s alright, I’ll give this tactic a go.

So my team’s formation looked like this.

Pre-season

As usual, I had 7 friendlies before the season started. All at home, all against teams from a division above. Won 6, lost 1. The winning and losing margin was almost all 1 or 2 goals, except one where we won 5-1.

My 3-5-2 seemed to work fine up to this point. It’s not overly aggressive, I had about 10-15 shots every game, sometimes less, with about a third of them on goal, and 1 or 2 clear-cut chances. These were way less than some other formations that I had used in my other saves. But no worry, plenty of positives. The real test began soon.

Indonesia’s First Division

Prediction : 5th.

We were placed in Group A of Premier Division’s First Phase. There were 12 teams, so each would play 22 games in the first phase. The strongest team in our group looked to be Persikota Tangerang, just relegated from the Premier Division. For years they had been a strong team in Indonesian football, and only recently suffered their slump to the lower leagues. And located just outside the capital city of Jakarta, they boasted a good stadium, a good fanbase, and a good finance, I suppose. But anyway.

And since our club was located in an island, and our local rival Persegi Gianyar was placed in another group, all our games would have to be traveled by plane. Four clubs in our group were from Java island, three from Sumatera, one from Kalimantan, one from Maluku, and two from Sulawesi (rancer’s Persma Manado and JSalter’s Persmin Minahasa). Map of Indonesia.

Onto the games.

We drew away to PSBL Bandar Lampung (my city of birth) in southern Sumatera in our first game, but then won 7 games out of the next 10, drew once and lost twice, lost away to PS Palembang and then at home against PSP Padang, both of whom were located in Sumatera, Padang being the furthest we had to travel. Again, to mirror the pre-season friendlies, most of the games weren’t memorable, winning and losing by 1 or 2 goals. Our biggest win were 3-0 at home against Persewangi Banyuwangi and 4-2 away to Persikota Tangerang.

Second half of the season was almost identical with the first with 7 wins, 1 draw, and 3 losses. Two of the three losses came the courtesy of traveling to North Sulawei, 0-1 to Persmin Minahasa and 0-2 to Persma Manado, and the third one came from 2-4 away to Persipro Probolinggo.

So our group’s final table for the first phase read like this : 14 wins, 3 draws, and 5 losses, with 38 goals scored and 15 conceded, brought a total of 45 points. This placed us first in the table, and our closest rival, Barito Putra, was second, with 44 points.

2010/2011 First Division First Phase Table

Now onto the second phase.

As usual, the top two teams of each group moved on to the next phase. There were four groups, so eight teams would be placed in two separate groups. But there were a couple of technical issues with the game that I felt very uncomfortable with.

First, IRL, no two clubs from the same first phase group would be placed in the same group again in the second phase. But I guess this wasn’t reflected in the game since we had been placed in the same group with Barito Putra.

Second, again IRL, since this second-phase was not using the full-competition format (home and away), but rather a half-competition format, the winner of the first phase would have the privilege of hosting it (most of the time anyway, sometimes the winner didn’t get it due to stadium issue, or just because the FA said so). So, using this game as an example, as winners of the first phase, we should have the right to host it, and the other three teams would have to travel to Denpasar and camp in the city for the next 2 weeks. But that’s not how it was in the game. We were grouped with Barito Putra, Persipro Probolinggo, and Cilegon FC. We played at home against Barito, then away at Persipro, and away again at Cilegon. WTH?! Why didn’t I get to play host??

Oh well. I’ll raise this issue in another forum. Hopefully it can be fixed in future editions, shouldn’t be too hard.

Back to the games. We won 3-0 against Barito, then had a horror 2-4 loss at Persipro. We had come this far, so I really wanted to make it to the Final and win it, and this was a nerve wreck for me. Thankfully we won the last game 4-1 at Cilegon and Persipro lost 0-1 to Barito, and that made us first in our group.

2010/2011 First Division Second Phase Table

The Final pitted us against Persid Jember of East Java province. Honestly, I hardly ever heard of this team. Though they hailed from a province known for their formidable football, Jember was never ever mentioned in our nation’s football map, ever. Anyway, they only came second in their first phase group, and though they won their second phase group, two of the wins came at home, so I had every reason to be optimistic.

The first half was a stalemate, and though we created more chances, we took none. But our young striker Eko Budi Setiawan settled the nerves early in the second half with a fine strike. Then our young defender Abdul Rochani made sure of the victory with a goal 20 minutes later. Perseden Denpasar were champions of Indonesia’s First Division.

2010/2011 First Division Final Match

Indonesian Cup

We managed the first three rounds against equal or lesser opponents, but came undone against a Super League outfit, Pelita Jaya, in the fourth round. We won 2-1 at home alright, but got spanked 1-4 at theirs. Adventures ended in January. Oh well, will do better next year.

2010/2011 Indonesian Cup

Other screenshots

1 – Average ratings of our squad.
    2 – Eko Budi Setiawan, best striker in the team, only 17, may he continue to develop, and stay.
    3 – Hengky Adrian, our best defender. His heading attribute was I guess pretty high for this division, hence his goals.
    4 – Our club’s financial state at year’s end.
    5 – Four of our players called up to the national U23 squad. Proud moment.
    6 – Five of our players called up to the national U21 squad. Another proud moment.

Honors so far

Indonesia’s First Division Champions – 2010/2011

Targets for Next Season

1 – Stick with 3-5-2.
    2 – Get promoted to the Super League.
    3 – Advance beyond the Fourth Round in the Indonesian Cup.
    4 – Find better wingbacks and sweeper.
    Last edited by ivanro; 28-12-2009 at 16:20.

Youth Team

Alright, I'm back in business with Police (hkg) now I've finished being annoyed about the bugs! Just started the next season, so will update on it soon (hopefully!)

Semi Pro

Adelaide United FC - Season 4 - 2013/14

League

Okay the league didn't go as well as it should have done due to a fairly bad start to the season we ultimately finished 3rd behind Central Coast Mariners and Sydney FC.

Fixtures PT 1, Fixtures PT 2
    League Table

Finals Series

The finals series started well with a 6 - 0 drubbing of Melbourne Victory, this was followed by a 1 - 0 win over Perth Glory FC, we then came up against Central Coast Mariners finally losing out after a 4 - 3 game which ended after extra time.

Finals series fixtures

2013 ACL

2013 ACL QF, SF and Final

2013 CWC

CWC all the way

2014 ACL Group stage and 2nd round

The draw for the ACL group stage saw us in group F against Hamamatsu Rafale of Japan, Pohang Steelers of South Korea and Shanghai Shenhua of China. Getting through the group stage with only one loss the 2nd round saw us drawn against Beijing Guo'an of China. Having beaten them we wait now to find out who we will draw in the Quarter Finals.

ACL Fixtures

Player awards etc

Valci took the A- League Foreign Player of the year and also Player of the year. Unfortunately I don't have a SS of the POTY message. He also too the A League Golden Boot scoring 14 before his unfortunate injury at the CWC.

Foreign Player of the Year, Golden Boot

Valci did well but wasn't my player of the season Evan Berger takes that honour.

The board have also decided that it is time for a new stadium to be built.

New Stadium

Finally the transfers

Transfers

So all in all an up and down season there. Disapointing that we lost out on the A League and Finals Series but then again it was pleasing to win both the ACL and CWC.

Code:
     2012/13   A-League  1st         1st           Semi Final             N/A
     2013/14   A League  3rd         3rd           Winners              Winners
    Last edited by Almondo; 30-12-2009 at 03:30.

Amateur

Congratulations on the ACL and CWC wins Almondo.

Amateur

I'm coming back to the challenge and back to India with HASC (Hindustan Aeronautics Sports Club).

Here's my Profile.

Semi Pro

I feel like a change from the usual so I am going to give this a go. I have set up a game for Vietnam and just have to holiday. Not sure how easy it will be to win continental competitions with Vietnamese teams but I bought the Top Gear Vietnam challenge DVD the other day and it's made me wanna try the country.

So, ở đây (that is apparently the closest I can find to 'here I go').

Semi Pro

I am now the proud manager of Quan Khu 5 (or Militiary District 5) of Da Nang city in the middle of Vietnam. It's right near Hoi An where the Top Gear boys bought those nice suits, so the posh bit of Vietnam.

Anton Nagain

Personal

We play in a grotty, little stadium near the airport that holds about 5000 fans and we maintain a rivalry with Quan Khu's 2, 3, 4, 7 and 9.

Worryingly I have a Nigerian defender and the league rules say no foreign players. I'll need to see how that pans out.

Amateur

Am very interested to take up this challenge, haven decided if I should go for the Indonesian league or my home, Singapore.

I do have a question guys, If I do Choose Singapore, can I load the Singapore competition file made by Frank Ng? the official researcher? the reason I asked is with it, there are 4 leagues but only the NFL (National Football League) has promotions and relegations, while the S-League does not currently have any promotion and or relegation system in place.

So do I have to play in the NFL? or can I just play in the S-League?

Reserves

Nice to see some very good seasons from some of you while I was away (had a break from the forums for a bit, since I'm back at school, I'll probably be coming on more, since class is just sooo boring sometimes. ).

Welcome anagain and welcome back STR.

Great work on winning the CWC Almondo, and good luck in the Premier Division ivarno.

And fruitloopz, you can load all leagues, but you start in the S-League, because you need to enter the ACL somehow, and you can only do that with S-League clubs. Holiday a year and choose the worst club you can manage.

Amateur

Nice to see some very good seasons from some of you while I was away (had a break from the forums for a bit, since I'm back at school, I'll probably be coming on more, since class is just sooo boring sometimes. ).

Great work on winning the CWC Almondo, and good luck in the Premier Division ivarno.

And fruitloopz, you can load all leagues, but you start in the S-League, because you need to enter the ACL somehow, and you can only do that with S-League clubs. Holiday a year and choose the worst club you can manage.
    Thanks rancer, will update in abit...this is gonna be fun!

Amateur

Okay, am holidaying now, never played with just one league loaded, I usually load a bunch of leagues and a huge amount of additional players, was shocked at how fast the game was created!!...

Semi Pro

Cheers rancer. It was touch and go during the semi final

Amateur

Adelaide United - Hyundai A-League- 2018/2019 (Season 9)- Ethan13

We failed to win back to back ACL last season so this year we were looking to win our 2nd ever ACL.

Another season in which we were never really challenged.

A-League Finals Series- Another win but it did take until the 116th minute to score in the final.

Asian Champions League- A near perfect run as we won all of our games besides one in the group stage. A dominating 4-1 win in the final secured our second shot in the CWC.

Club World Cup- Started well with a 4-0 win but for the second time we lost 3-0 to Juventus in the Semi Final. Finished 4th again as we lost the 3rd place play off on penalties.

Finances- Sitting nicely due to the ACL win.

Transfers- Not too much changes to the squad which worked well.

Squad

Key Player- Kofi Danning- 42 goals, 22 assists and 14 MOM proved that Danning has fitted in brilliantly at the club.

Fixtures Part 1 Part 2

Aims from Last Season
    - Win ACL ACHIEVED

Aims for Next Season
    - Win ACL
    - Win Club World Cup

Domestic:
    Code:
     2017/18   A-League  1st         1st           Lost in Quarter Final  N/A
     2018/19   A-League  1st         1st           Winners                4th

Semi Pro

Brettneys Uzbek Adventure - Season 10 - 2019.

Later than expected hardly touched FM the last 2 weeks just been sooo busy ...

The season went pretty much has i'd expected i'm constantly fighting players wanting to go on to bigger and better things lost 3 top players this year the worst part is they were all LM's so that made us a little lobsided. We won the League fairly comfortably again only Paxtakor proving a challenge they also got further than us in the ACL they reaching the final whereas we were knocked out in the Semis by FC Seoul. We won the Uzbek cup again giving us a Domestic Double for the third year runing.

Oliy Liga Table - Uzbek Cup Final.

ACL Tree - ACL Group A.

Finances.

Squad Stats 1 and 2.

The Team;
    GK - Shuhrat Mansurov.
    RB - Vladislav Ahmedov.
    CB- Anton Narziqulov.
    CB - Shuhrat Mehmonov.
    LB - Aqbar Ismatullaev.
    DMC - Roberio.
    RM - Anatoly Abduraimov.
    CM - Sergey Yuldoshev.
    LM - Oleg Matmusaev.
    CF - Rustam Hasanov.
    CF - Jorge Diaz.
    1 2 watch:
    CB - Eler Hasanov.
    A Good year:
    RM/CM - Joao Victor.

Code:
    Year  Division        League Pos    Uzbek Cup   ACL
    2016   Oliy Liga.        2nd.      Finalists.  Group Stage.
    2017   Oliy Liga.     Champions.    Winners.     N/A
    2018   Oliy Liga.     Champions.    Winners.   Finalists.
    2019   Oliy Liga.     Champions.    Winners.   Semi Final.

Amateur

It's a shame that the tiny tiny countries cannot be used on this challenge. Is it really pretty much unplayable with the smaller nations? I guess I'm going to start this weekend with a league that hasn't been tried yet. Maybe Yemen or Oman. Have those countries got more than two tiers?

Reserves

Good seasons there Ethan and brettney. Hope you can at least make the final of the CWC Ethan and do you (brettney) have a replacement for Mansurov?

Quote Originally Posted by CedricRules View Post
    It's a shame that the tiny tiny countries cannot be used on this challenge. Is it really pretty much unplayable with the smaller nations? I guess I'm going to start this weekend with a league that hasn't been tried yet. Maybe Yemen or Oman. Have those countries got more than two tiers?
    It's unplayable with smaller nations because it's impossible to get 'promoted' to the Asian Confederations Cup from the Presidents Cup (unlike FM09) and the small nations will never win the ACL. I'm not sure how many leagues Yemen or Oman have but there would probably be no more than 2 tiers. Maldives is the lowest reputable club you can start with, although with Confederations Cup clubs, you can only enter the ACL once every 2 years.

Amateur

Holidaying in Yemen as we speak

Amateur

Booo, only one tier. Thought so. So I'm off to Jordan...

Semi Pro

It's unplayable with smaller nations because it's impossible to get 'promoted' to the Asian Confederations Cup from the Presidents Cup (unlike FM09) and the small nations will never win the ACL. I'm not sure how many leagues Yemen or Oman have but there would probably be no more than 2 tiers. Maldives is the lowest reputable club you can start with, although with Confederations Cup clubs, you can only enter the ACL once every 2 years.
    I'm thinking that may be the case with Vietnam. I was reading up on ACL qualification and Vietnamese teams don't currently qualify in real life.

Is there a path into the ACL by winning the lesser continental competitions or has anyone seen a Vietnamese club in the ACL?

Amateur

So, I have holidayed a season in Jordan and taken over the soon-to-be world beating club of Al-Muab. Here is my profile!

Al-Muab are based in the city of Kerak in Western Jordan, close to the volatile border with Israel and Palestine. The castle looks lovely, I must say!

We play at the 1125-capacity Al-Karak Field and have not achieved anything at all, there's a trophy cabinet waiting to be filled

In terms of the squad, everyone is pretty awful. There is one relatively reasonable player between the sticks called Mohammed Obeidat

One problem is that teams in the second tier only seem to play 11 games in a 12 team league (so, play each team once.) No such problems in the Premier Division where there's a full season of 22 games. Not sure if that's a fault with the .xml file or something, hmmm.

Just seen my salary/finances. Spending £400/week on wages with a £2.8k budget. Got a lot to play with

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by anagain View Post
    I'm thinking that may be the case with Vietnam. I was reading up on ACL qualification and Vietnamese teams don't currently qualify in real life.

Is there a path into the ACL by winning the lesser continental competitions or has anyone seen a Vietnamese club in the ACL?
    The finalists from the Asian Confederations Cup enter the qualifying stages of the Champions League the next year. However, if even if you win the ACL, you can't enter next year because the two finalists from the Confederations Cup will replace your club...

Good luck in Jordan CedricRules.

Semi Pro

Good seasons there Ethan and brettney. Hope you can at least make the final of the CWC Ethan and do you (brettney) have a replacement for Mansurov?
    no replacement pretty gutted that he wouldn't sign a new deal and then he signed with our rivals Paxtakor :mad: Got a young GK Bebeto with potential but 5 Foreigners means he's defo going out on loan ... So going to be a fun season without even a "Decent" rated GK.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast