+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: rancer890's FM10 Small Club to Big Club Asian Challenge

Semi Pro
    Wolverhampton, Moving back to Hartlepool in 5 days.

Default Re: rancer890's FM10 Small Club to Big Club Asian Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by rancer890 View Post
    Nice work Nightowl. Just keep getting better, and hope you get promoted soon.

blowcrapup: I plan on asking some people about Japan and how to get club information and staff...if you decide to try out UAE, simulate a year and start with the worst club.
    TBH a lot of the Japanese teams look made up even with the fake file gone. So they more than likely won't have any information available.

Semi Pro
    Football Manager isn't life or death ... It's far more important than that!

I deleted the n.league something file also seems to of sorted the team names out (well alot changed anyway) My club is now called Black Pecker Hakodate almost as interesting as Daito Grim Reapers it is abit rubbish that you cant see the club info screen etc. you can see you staff you just have to go around-about way to find em ... I'm sticking with Japan for the time being though ... Oh and the unbeaten run continues 4 games into the second season 1 win and 3 draws and i'm now onto my 5th tactic it just seems whatever i do i draw.

Third Team

Played my friendlies and most of the games were won with ease, but i drew a few and lost 2.

Im enjoying it so far, made quite a few signings, missed out on Xu Liang though who i remember from an fm09 game in hong kong, really good player, alot better than anything i have, shame he wanted wages i couldnt afford.

First competitive game is against Dalian Yiteng, who if you remember, i could have managed the game is a cup game, but ill probably leave it until tomorrow.

Semi Pro

Have started again in the U.A.E.

I am now the proud(ish) manager of Al-Jazeera Al-Hamra.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Nightowl View Post
    Good luck kabajingai! I think I played in China in a previous version, I seem to recall a rule that required you to have a Chinese keeper. Am I remembering the right league? You'd think that would really drive up the price of decent Chinese keepers...
    I'm pretty sure that rule applies for all the major AFC leagues (deffo Korea and Japan.)

Quote Originally Posted by Nightowl View Post
    Good luck kabajingai! I think I played in China in a previous version, I seem to recall a rule that required you to have a Chinese keeper. Am I remembering the right league? You'd think that would really drive up the price of decent Chinese keepers...

Good job brettney1980, MachinegunHead, & ShootTheRunner! For the Australian league players, since you play an odd-number of games, do some teams play more home games and some more away? I'm curious how they work that out.
    Yeah you do. It is really just luck of the draw.

Some months you might have 3 home games, some months you might have none. Given that the league is a financial glass house, the scheduling can throw a few stones at you here and there.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by brettney1980 View Post
    I deleted the n.league something file also seems to of sorted the team names out (well alot changed anyway) My club is now called Black Pecker Hakodate almost as interesting as Daito Grim Reapers it is abit rubbish that you cant see the club info screen etc. you can see you staff you just have to go around-about way to find em ... I'm sticking with Japan for the time being though ... Oh and the unbeaten run continues 4 games into the second season 1 win and 3 draws and i'm now onto my 5th tactic it just seems whatever i do i draw.
    I googled it and that may be a real club name.

Link to Japanese badges. I can't find any other info on google but I didn't look very hard.

Edit: I lost 9 of my first 10 games in UAE so that went out the window. I'm going to have a play through the leagues before I start posting about it.
    Last edited by blowcrapup; 03-11-2009 at 14:31.

Semi Pro

The game just arrived, installing now. Might get my traditional Indonesia game going tonight

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by blowcrapup View Post
    I googled it and that may be a real club name.

Link to Japanese badges. I can't find any other info on google but I didn't look very hard.

Edit: I lost 9 of my first 10 games in UAE so that went out the window. I'm going to have a play through the leagues before I start posting about it.
    Thanks for that glad i have the real club name now ... Was appropriate though that we got to be called Daito Grim Reapers over Halloween though

Youth Team

I was just testing out the edited databases and ran a holiday game in Guam (took about 15 minutes to go through the season, and that's on my slow laptop ). Reset date is June 28th and I can upload the game saved at June 27th if anyone's interested. A quick look around at the players and staff available suggest it will be quite a challenge! ;)

I think I'll start a game here at some point, as I have unfinished business with Wellington in the A-League. Can anyone playing there check that the bug keeping New Zealanders away for 3 months for the Oceania Cup has been sorted? Cheers

Reserves

Thanks Big D for the Guam reset date.

The save game would be a good idea. I might holiday in the other countries to get their saves and post it here.

Amateur

Not a bad week. 3 games played, 10 goals scored, two hattricks and zero conceded.

All three games were at home but meh... what the hell. At least I am playing in front of a full house every week.

Youth Team

Here you go: Guam holiday save, 27th June 2010 (reset date 28th June)

Semi Pro

I've finally settled and I'm now in Iran. Sat about 6th after 14 games so not doing to badly.

Semi Pro

Its always nice to know your wanted first job offer ... I'm a bit jelous that they actually have a transfer budget and have over a 1.5k better wage budget at a time when i'm struggling to persuade the board to renew 2 of our star players contracts.

Semi Pro

Lost my first ever League game ... Oh well 17 games without a loss is pretty impressive (especially when in the Hokkaido League thats nearly 2 seasons)

Good luck in Iran blowcrapup .. looking like a good start.

Good going kabajingai.

Reserves

Nice week kabajingai. I wish I can have those weeks once in a while.

Thanks Big D for the save. It's now added to the OP.

Glad to see you're settled in blowcrapup and tough luck brettney. Two seasons without a loss is very impressive.

As for me, I've settled into Indonesia...It's been fun so far...well except for a 3-0 home loss Persipura in the Indonesian Cup. We're going to lose heavily in the away leg.

Semi Pro

Blowcrapup in Iran - Season 2010/11

After much moving round (I loaded 6 different leagues) I finally settled in Iran with Mashin-Sazi Tabriz. Here is my profile - Me

Starting off with newly promoted side Mashin-Sazi seemed like it could be achallenge but when I looked they were predicted to finish 11th in the league this season. Looking at the squad it was clear that they were more than likely the relegated team from the 08/09 season and after googling it they were one of the relegated teams. The English version of their name is Machine-Sazi apparently. Interestingly they are based in Azarbaijan but play in Iran.

Anyway back on topic they had a slightly stronger side than the other teams facing relegation but they still had gaping holes in their side with a least one poor player in Defence,Midfield and Attack. I brought in 13 players before the transfer deadline and another 2 in January, spending a grand total of ........... $5k. Most of these were from the trial day and didn't play a single game. All of my U18's are all 1 star recommended apart from 1 so I needed some good prospects in. There will an exodus of about 15 players who couldn't cut it.

Preseason friendlies went well with the side winning 5 of their 6 games only losing to a Premier League side. I said earlier that we were 7th after 14 games and although we did move around slightly that was where we finished. We managed to Win 10 Draw 5 but Lost 11.

We did managed to score 32 goals but not one player managed to get into double digits with my top scorer being a midfielder who scored 7 goals all of them penalties.

The cup was terrible with us going out 1 nil to a Premier ship side in the 2nd Qualifying round.

League Table

Seasonal Results

2010/11 - Iranian First Division Group 'A' - Finished 7th.

Honours

None...Yet.

Semi Pro

Nice first Season in Iran blowcrapup. Just out of interest are your new Youth players coming through Azarbaijani?

Semi Pro

No they are all Iranian but if Iran was one of the newly created leagues then the person who made it may not have known or it may not be possible to.

Semi Pro

It is possible, if on the database the stadium is set as being in Azerbaijan the regens will be from there.

Semi Pro

According to wikipedia the town where the club is based is the 4th largest city in Iran and the Capital of the East Azarbijan province.

Semi Pro

Ah right, East Azarbaijan/East Azerbaijan is a province of Iran, not in the country Azerbaijan, so the regens should be Iranian

Semi Pro

Ahh .. Thats that explained then

Semi Pro

Just holidayed in Indonesia. (Barito Putra finished 4th in their Division 1 group). I'm now looking for teams that meet my strict criteria:

(i) Decent stadium size
    (ii) Do NOT begin with P.
    (iii) A team that I don't dislike from FM09.

The 2nd one will definitely be hardest.

EDIT: (ii) might not be possible, I'll take a team beginning with P as long as they don't play in blue.

Amateur

Nice week kabajingai. I wish I can have those weeks once in a while.
    Which was followed up by seven games without a goal.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by JSalter View Post
    Just holidayed in Indonesia. (Barito Putra finished 4th in their Division 1 group). I'm now looking for teams that meet my strict criteria:

(i) Decent stadium size
    (ii) Do NOT begin with P.
    (iii) A team that I don't dislike from FM09.

The 2nd one will definitely be hardest.

EDIT: (ii) might not be possible, I'll take a team beginning with P as long as they don't play in blue.
    Persmin are a Professional club, have average attendance of 10,000+, have decent facilities (basic training, basic youth + academy), and most importantly, they play in red.

Semi Pro

Earendil was Persmin last year iirc. The average attendance is tempting, it's between them and Medan Jaya. Medan Jaya have much worse attendances it seems. Both are in Barito's group, so I'll be reacquainting myself with them soon (is it just me or do I seem to mention Barito Putra in every post in this thread? )

Just got to finish off some work, then I'll get this started.

Rancer, do Indonesian clubs still not get youth players? Last year they were all created without a club.

Semi Pro

Black Pecker - Season 2011 - Japanese regional Hokkaido League.

Final Table.

To help with our low wage budget i made alot of offers for Loan players trying to get some for has little wages as possible i did manage to get 3 2 being forwards (we really struggled to pick up any Forwards this year other than the Loanees).

We managed to convert some of our Draws into wins and even though we lost our first ever league game on Matchday 8 it didn't ruin our season too much and we still had a chance of entering the Promotion Playoff league we had too win our last game of the season against top side Goal Plunderer and unfortunately they got the better of us beating us by a single goal in a match where our Forwards just didn't turn up (literally in the case of Argentine Striker Gonzalo Bonafina he was out with a virus.

The cups were good for us with the Board being very happy with our runs - Confidence.
    We got to the 3rd Round of the Emperor's Cup and the 1st Round of the All-Japan Shakaijin Cup.

Squad Stats - Finances.

I was also offered another Job at the end of the year a Club 2 Divisions above us no less

I don't think i'll be changing my squad around as much going forward as i think we're settling now so i'll introduce a few names ...

Masahiko Sato; AMR/L/C 29, Japanese.
    Won the Hokkaido League MVP (Most Valuable Player) as well as getting the Hokkaido Leagues most Assists Award. Also made the Hokkaido League best 11 of the season.

Gonzalo Bonafina; CF 25, Argentine.
    Was 3rd top scorer in the Hokkaido League with 3, was injured most the season and only made 5 apps for us this year.

Kohei Narita; AMC/CF 18, Japanese.
    Our top scorer for the season joined us on loan from Ehime FC.

Hiroki Koshiba; CB 16, Japanese.
    Made his League debut for us at 15 and played a very important part for us this season even earning more M.O.M Awards than the rest of our squad.

Yuta Ono; RB/LB 28, Japanese.
    He was our highest average rated player performing consistantly for us playing in every League game.

Ri Hae-Kun; GK 32, North Korean.
    I managed to upset our fans a little by letting our previous GK leave (I didn't think he was good enough) they hopefully was impressed with our replacement though.

Code:
    Season        League      Position       Cup runs
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010     Hokkaido League     4th    Emperor's Cup 2nd rd/All-Japan Cup 2nd rd.
    2011     Hokkaido League     2nd    Emperor's Cup 3rd rd/All-Japan Cup 1st rd.
    Last edited by brettney1980; 04-11-2009 at 18:54.

Semi Pro

Good season there brettney1980, hopefully next season you'll get promotion. Your finances don't look great, I guess there's not much money around at this level in Japan. Do you get any prize money from the cups?

Semi Pro

Say hello to the new manager of Persmin Minahasa. We're known affectionately as Manguni Makasiouw, but I'll think I'll stick with Persmin. No honours since formation in 1963, something that I'll be looking to put right swiftly.

We play our home games at Maesa in Tondano, which has a capacity of 15000, 8000 seated, with fairly basic training facilities, and basic youth facilities with an academy. Our starting balance is £62,487, not too bad. The media prediction for this season is 2nd, which could be difficult, especially as we've only currently got 5 players.

So, here we go, Indonesia Part III!

Reserves

Earendil was Persmin last year iirc. The average attendance is tempting, it's between them and Medan Jaya. Medan Jaya have much worse attendances it seems. Both are in Barito's group, so I'll be reacquainting myself with them soon (is it just me or do I seem to mention Barito Putra in every post in this thread? )

Just got to finish off some work, then I'll get this started.

Rancer, do Indonesian clubs still not get youth players? Last year they were all created without a club.
    I haven't seen a youth player at my club...all the newgens signed were unattached.

And nice year brettney. Better finances then me at least, and I'm hoping that I finish in the black. The cup matches against Persipura gave us a finances boost though.

Reserves

Say hello to the new manager of Persmin Minahasa. We're known affectionately as Manguni Makasiouw, but I'll think I'll stick with Persmin. No honours since formation in 1963, something that I'll be looking to put right swiftly.

We play our home games at Maesa in Tondano, which has a capacity of 15000, 8000 seated, with fairly basic training facilities, and basic youth facilities with an academy. Our starting balance is £62,487, not too bad. The media prediction for this season is 2nd, which could be difficult, especially as we've only currently got 5 players.

So, here we go, Indonesia Part III!
    Good luck with Persmin. They're fighting relegation in my game. Beat them twice already.

Third Team

Playing my 10th game of the season, and i still havnt won drew 3, but im 6 points behind 13th

16 more games after this one, i need to get my team sorted out, and into winning ways

And i was winning this game up to 82mins, and they equalised

Im just a crap manager haha

Semi Pro

Good season there brettney1980, hopefully next season you'll get promotion. Your finances don't look great, I guess there's not much money around at this level in Japan. Do you get any prize money from the cups?
    No prize money for the cups. The chairman has pumped between 26k and 34k into the club 4 times so we'd of been in the red if this new guy wasn't so generous. Good luck in Indonesia JSalter.

Amateur

Al-Tohami 2012-2013 Season Update

Another season, another update. With the clubs offensive problems last year, I decided to bring in some veteran strikers/midfielders to bolster the attack. My scouts recommended plenty of cheap and unattached (had only £5k for transfers) players... and all of them laughed when I offered a contract. So plan A was out, on to plan B. I signed up several young players who had been released by their former teams (mainly in the Premier League). They may have looked bad to their former teams, but they looked great to me. 2 defenders and 3 midfielders later, I had my new team, though I didn't manage to sign a striker. Hopefully my issue last year was not creating chances from the midfield, and not poor finishing up front. To replace my retired keeper, I also signed our first senior international, the U.A.E. U21 and senior team starter.

Things were looking promising, more so when the media began hyping one of my new youth system products, hyping Saudi Premier League teams being willing to pay £2.5 million for him (and causing me to immediately sign him to a 5 year deal)! For a team whose balance has hovered around £40k (peaking just over £100k) during my first two years this would be huge, even if I had to lose the player. An offer even came in, and I hesitated a bit before clicking on the news item, as I didn't really want to decide between keeping a solid prospect and the potential financial windfall. The choice was made for me when I saw the offer. £2k plus £12k over 12 months, plus something like 20% of profit on next sale. I laughed, and after they refused my counter offer, I never received an offer again.

So how did the actual season go? Well, losing our first game 2-1 on a 92nd minute offside goal wasn't a great start, but then we went on a run, and I'll let the table speak for itself:

League Table

We clinched the title after game 21, and didn't lose a second game until game 22. Maybe my strikers weren't the problem after all, they managed to score with my new midfield providing the chances. Time for my youngsters to prove they belonged in the Premier League after all! Hope they're up for a challenge, since (a quick 2013-2014 preview) there are individual players in the Premier League who make half my total wage budget.

Back again next season, maybe with some extra screen shots to introduce the finances/players now that I'm in the top league. The real work starts now!

Semi Pro

Just reached the half way point in my 2nd season and no prizes for guessing where we are. Sat 7th again with 7 wins, 1 draw and 5 losses.

Amateur

Great season there Nightowl, seems like your team really got together by strengthening the midfield and defence.

Amateur

We are currently on fire when it comes to scoring as our last 3 games have gone 4-0, 4-3 and then a huge 7-0 win away against Newcastle Jets which made them fire their manager. Cristiano has been the star in all 3 games with 2, 4 and then 3 goals in the games. Between Cristiano (15 Goals) and Matt Simon (13 Goals) they have scored more then 6 teams in the A-League.

Semi Pro

Well both my Ass Man and Coach have left to take roles elsewhere and not only are any potential replacements nowhere near as good but they sign a contract then cancel it straight after with no reason ... Whats that all about!?

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by brettney1980 View Post
    Well both my Ass Man and Coach have left to take roles elsewhere and not only are any potential replacements nowhere near as good but they sign a contract then cancel it straight after with no reason ... Whats that all about!?
    Hmm...that doesn't happen with me. Any staff that accepts your offer immediately cancels it?

Post it in the bugs forum maybe?

Semi Pro

Hmm...that doesn't happen with me. Any staff that accepts your offer immediately cancels it?
    Yeah i'm thinking its got to be a bug but i've been able to sign staff ok previously so not sure why i cant now

Amateur

I've had to reinstall so have begun this challenge again. I've stayed in Australia and joined Perth Glory after they finished last.

Here is the profile of the new manager Hugh Jaars.

Reserves

Welcome and good luck with Perth Glory archie.

Reserves

Persma update

We qualified out of the first phase with 3 games left. I want to finish first but it seems JSalter are managing Barito Putra in my game and are the only team ahead of me in the standings.

I would want to show you all a screenshot but I can't make one in Windows 7...

EDIT: I finished 1st in my group and eventually lost in the 2nd Stage Final. However, the important thing is promotion in the first season to hopefully boost my not-so-very-good finances.
    Last edited by rancer890; 05-11-2009 at 06:29.

Amateur

We have finished the second season 16 points clear on top which means that if we win the A-League finals we have completed the 1st part of the challenge. No team seems to be able to stop Cristiano and if he has an off day then Simon seems to step up.

Semi Pro

Persmin pre-season 2010 update

The league season is underway now, and I'm fairly happy with my squad, despite it having an average age of only 19. Pre-season started poorly, with 0-2, 0-0 and 0-1 being our first 3 friendlies. However, after that my players seemed to adapt better to my tactics, and the next 4 games ended 1-0, 1-1, 1-0 and 2-0. All of our friendlies were at home to teams from higher leagues, so there were plenty of positives to take from the last 4 games at least.

My star player looks to be 16 year old Syahrul Akbar, signed on a free. His technical stats look brilliant for this division, so hopefully he can be the class act, and help us to have a successful season.

Our first league game of the season was away to Persiku, who are predicted to finish top of the league. Without any away friendlies, setting up our tactics required a bit of guesswork, but it worked perfectly. 2 early debut goals from Akbar and a late 3rd for another young striker, Tony Hidayat, secured a 3-1 win, and an excellent start to the season.

Well done on promotion rancer, trust Barito to get in the way though!

Amateur

Congratulations on the promotion rancer and Sayhrul Akbar Looks like a great player JSalter

Last season at Brisbane Roar I was playing my Marquee, Scott Chipperfield, as a DL which is his 2nd best position after ML. I noticed that he was unhappy (possibly due to being played out of position) so I threw him into ML, and moved someone else into DL, and all of a sudden he is thriving. I've scored about 4 or 5 goals in the past 4 matches from him crossing it in perfectly to the head of Van Dijk. It is almost like these two players were meant to be together!! I also managed to pick up Kisnorbo at the start of this 2nd season, which is a relief as Moore is getting on with his years.

Semi Pro

Blowcrapup in Iran - Season 2011/12

We started strongly beating recently relegated Steel Azin 1-0 in the opening game. We continued strongly winning 3 out of our next 4 games. We then came up against our bogey team Etka Gorgan who promptly beat us. The shock of this forced us to lose our next game as well. This started a huge run of games where we would win one week and lose the next. Apart from the odd few games this happened from October to January where we re-discovered our winning form.

We were stuck mid-table and it looked like we were heading for a 7th placed finish again this year but a run that saw us pick up 11 points from 15 in the final few games pushed us up to 5th.

Our cup run was slightly better this year with us drawing a non-league side in the 2nd Qualifying who we beat 3-0. We then drew arch-b******s Etka Gorgan in the 1st Round who dumped us out in 1-0. We have actually only managed to take 1 point from them accross the two seasons.

On other fronts one of the players actually made double figures this year round. Koroush Barmak scored 13 goals in 26 games this season. His striking partner only managed 8 in 20.

The reason our form was so inconsistent was a combination of injuries especially to the keeper who was out for 4 months and bans.

Another possible reason is pre-match press conferences. At the start I was doing them all but as I am trying to do uni work at the same time I started to leave them for my Ass Man. This is when my form started to suffer and towards the end of the season when I started to do them myself form improved. However having said that it could have been because my 1st team keeper returned from injury. There could be possibility for an experiment in here if someone has the time to do it.

On the transfer front 13 players did leave us last year with another load of crap, out of contract players on their way out this year. We brought 5 players in this year 4 on free transfers with the other, an Austrian Iranian, costing $80. Yes that is just $80 dollars, for the price of an Xbox game and a few McDonald's meals you can buy a man. What a world.

Screenshots

League
    Confidence
    Finances
    Past Positions

Seasonal Results

2011/12 - Iranian First Divison Group 'A' - Finished 5th. Iranian FA Cup - 1st Round
    2010/11 - Iranian First Division Group 'A' - Finished 7th. Iranian FA Cup - 2nd Qual Round

Honours

None...Yet.

Youth Team

Good luck to everyone doing this challenge, will be giving it a bash myself very soon... feeling the urge to take over in Hong Kong again!

Reserves

I like Akbar JSalter. I wish I could find a striker like that. I have a 31 year old and a 27 year old. My scout recommended me a striker with a finishing of 1....

Nice year blowcrapup. I like those finances...

Looking forward to your participation rinso in HK. The expanded HK league has 3 divisions now.

Indonesian First Division First Phase

Indonesian First Division Second Phase

Indonesian First Division Final

More screenshots later after uni class.

I never did press confidence for pre-match, but I almost always did them for new signings.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by The Shaman View Post
    FWIW to anyone here, I've been debating where to start playing in FM10. With the editor I wanted to try someplace new and it come down to a choice between Costa Rica (as I loosely follow a team there) and Vietnam (as I happen to live in a largely Vietnamese neighborhood and I love their food).

While I might not be participating in this thread I want to thank you for making it easy for me to find a V-League startup, and for anyone who might want to give it a shot I can tell you that the reset date is on, or just before, Dec 19, 2010. Also, no relegation is programmed in for the second division (I have no idea if it exists IRL or not) so I would assume for the challenge you'd just take over the worst placed team.

I might not participate here, but I do follow all the small-to-big threads and I look forward to reading everyone's progress. Hope the reset date is helpful to someone.
    Just been looking at Vietnam leagues after holidaying the first season and teams that finished 1st in the 2nd div could be predicted 6th (last place) and vice versa which is pretty annoying in my opinion. Going to holiday Japan and see what that throws up.

Youth Team

Looking forward to your participation rinso in HK. The expanded HK league has 3 divisions now.
    3 divisions?! oh no, that means more work to do!! Ill get stuck into it after the weekend I think, not good at playing multiple saves...

FM10 A-league: Brisbane Roar FC

2011-2012

Media Prediction - 5th
    Finished - 2nd

Table - Graph - Finals Series

What an exciting season. Possibly the best season I've ever had on an FM game. I was slightly out-done in the league, and slightly outdone in the finals series, but I qualified for the Asian Champions League!! My squad is definitely improving, and I've picked up some amazing transfers, so with a bit of handy work and maybe a new marquee signing, I may win the league next season. Central Coast Mariners were just unstoppable. I did manage a draw and a win against them, and only lose the minor final to them by away goals (before losing to them in the grand final 3-0), but they're definitely a step above everyone else.

I think I may have won the season if my superstar from last year, Sergio Van Dijk didn't get badly injured, and wasn't playing for Indonesia every second weekend. I also seem to have 8 of my youngsters consistently in the U23, U21 and U19 Australian squads, and I also had 3 other players called up for the Australian Senior squad. There is no doubting my pedigree, so I'm expecting great things next season!

Finances - Transfers

I brought in quite a few free transfers this season. I needed to get some back-up for a few positions, and also needed an Asian player to get settled in before any eventual foray into the ACL. I also managed to find Richard Garcia (currently plays for Hull City in the EPL) in the Australian non-league! I couldn't believe my luck (and his lack of luck to end up there). I also found an out of favour Brazilian Marciniho, who was quite the steal, especially at the age of 27. I am a tad worried about finances though. I'm on a runaway train, and its destination is debt. Hopefully the ACL answers my prayers and gives me a lil' somethin' somethin'.

Scott Chipperfield - Amazing player for his age. Assisted quite a fair share of my goals, and was a pivot of creativity. He also knows how to defend.

Code:
     Season        League      Position      Finals Series
    ------------------------------------------------------
    2010/2011     A-League       5th             5th
    2011/2012     A-League       2nd             2nd
    Last edited by MachinegunHead; 05-11-2009 at 15:25.

I like Akbar JSalter. I wish I could find a striker like that. I have a 31 year old and a 27 year old. My scout recommended me a striker with a finishing of 1....

Indonesian First Division First Phase

Indonesian First Division Second Phase

Indonesian First Division Final

More screenshots later after uni class.

I never did press confidence for pre-match, but I almost always did them for new signings.
    Such an odd format! Nice work though getting to the final (shame to go so far and to lose ... I know how you feel)

Banned

Mosul

I didn't know it when I started holidaying in Iraq (what a sentence) but Mosul are actually a huge club thats not in the premier league after withdrawing twice in recent years due to security and finances. Anyway it was no surprise they bounced back up to the premier league and so are playable. Apparently I am allowed to sign 5 foreign players with 3 in the match squad but really what kind of nutjob would accept that offer, I shall have to try and sign Afghan's, Eastern Congolese and players from Darfur and lands affected by the LRA in Sudan for them to feel Iraq is a safer place

Semi Pro

Oddly enough almost every home game I get a message saying low turnout expected but I'm have a pretty big wage budget (about $300k annually) that I'm no where near.

Semi Pro

Hmm. Akbar has just ended a goal drought of almost 21 hours; after scoring twice on the opening day of the season he's taken until the end of November to score his 3rd. Probably says a lot about how we're doing at the moment

Semi Pro

Persmin Minahasa - 2010/11 Review

Just a quick update...

Indonesian First Division: 3rd
    Indonesian Cup: 1st Round

Not a bad first season, but we missed out on promotion by 6 points. Persma and Barito Putra were the promoted teams from our group. It looked unlikely we'd finish as high as 3rd though as we lost our 3rd game of the season 5-1 away to Perserang. At the half way stage, we were sitting in midtable, but only 1 defeat in the next 10 games lifted as into a promotion challenge, ended by a 1-0 defeat at home to Persma.

Syahrul Akbar ended as the top goalscorer, but he only managed 6 as we struggled to score. His main strike partner only scored 4 times. Between them they managed 6 goals in 6 games towards the end of the season, so if they can continue this things look more promising for next year.

We've currently got £138k in the bank, some of which we'll lose over the close season, as we don't have a match for 5/6 months.

Targets for next season:
    - Promotion
    - Score more
    - Improve the finances

Reserves

Persma Manado
    Indonesia

First Division (Group A)
    2010-2011

Media Prediction: 1st
    Finishing Position: First Phase - 1st, Second Phase - 1st, Final - Runner-up
    Indonesian Cup: lost in 2nd Round to Persipura 6-1 aggregate

Squad

Squad 1

Squad 2

The squad didn't have a lot of players, so I had to sign most of them. One thing they did have though was an abundance of goalkeepers...

Transfers

Transfers

I didn't sign Imron and Stradilin, but Imron did turn out to be pretty useful to the club. I utilized a lot of loans from my parent club, and will probably do the same next year to minimize costs...

Finances

Finances

Partly helped by the money making cup matches...

Key Players

M. Darwis

Nono Sri Hartono

Adi Wirahadi

Club Information

Overview

Facilities

Affiliates

Goals for 2011-2012
    • survive
    • improve finances

Code:
    Year       Division         Position    Indonesian Cup   Other
    2010-2011  First Division        1st         2nd Round   N/A

Amateur

Good season MachinegunHead. Your finances look very similar to mine which has resulted in an attempt of a board takeover going through at the moment.

Reserves

Good year Machinegunhead. Sergio van Dijk is unattached in my game. I tried offering him a contract but he rejected...

Good first season JSalter. You're in a strong position for promotion next year once you find some players that can score goals.

Semi Pro

It's probably my tactics tbh. Akbar is definitely a player who should score more than 6 goals at this level, but all the 1st season I was experiementing what role to give him. I've not really got the hang of tactics on FM10 yet, but he seems to be doing better as a target man at the moment.

Amateur

Just got these two messages, Takeover and Transfer Embargo.

First time I have ever had these but hopefully if it does go ahead they decide to keep me as manager.

Semi Pro

Javier Zanetti leading a takeover bid for Adelaide United You should be able to do enough to keep your job.

Reserves

I'm using the tactics from FM09, and they seem to be doing fine in Indonesia.

In Persma news, my chairman is now willing to 'listen to offers'.

Don't worry Ethan, the transfer embargo will be a pain, but I'm pretty sure they won't sack you...

Amateur

This has put us through to our first Grand Final under me. Despite dominating the game it looked like we would crash out but a nice finish from Cristiano and a stunning strike from Simon has won the game for us.

Amateur

Thanks to an early Murdocca goal we have won the A-League final therefore completing the first half of the challenge. It was a close match but thanks to a couple of good saves we were able to hold onto our lead throughout the match. The next goal, the Asian Champions League.

Reserves

Congratz Ethan on winning the A-League final. Best of luck in the Asian Champions League.

As for Persma. I just signed my first foreigner, and my squad is shaping out to be very solid. I just lost out on a fantastic young striker, but I have signed Plan B at least...

Semi Pro

Well done Ethan on winning the A-League.

Just beaten Super Legaue side Persija 2-0 in the 1st Round, 1st Leg of the Cup. Wasn't a fluke either, we totally deserved it, goals from strikers Akbar and Hidayat. This result means we're still unbeaten so far this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan13 View Post
    Thanks to an early Murdocca goal we have won the A-League final therefore completing the first half of the challenge. It was a close match but thanks to a couple of good saves we were able to hold onto our lead throughout the match. The next goal, the Asian Champions League.
    Well played. With Zanetti taking over your club (hopefully), you'll be tearing up the ACL. I just hope you go better than Adelaide did in the ACL in my game... they only managed 1 point .

Amateur

Adelaide United - Hyundai A-League- 2011/2012(Season 2)- Ethan13

This year we were looking to build on our 3rd place finish from the year before and to hopefully qualify for the Asian Champions League.

A-League (Regular Season)----League Table----Graph

Won the league by 16 points as we dominated. We scored the most and ended up with a goal difference of +37. Our best win with a 7-0 away win against Newcastle.

A-League Finals Series- We started poorly as we lost 2-1 away against Central Coast with them scoring in injury time even though we played better them then. We could only manage a 1-1 draw at home which meant we lost 2-1 on aggregate. In the prelim final we dominated but were down 1-0 until we scored 2 late goals to make the grand final. An early goal from Murdocca was good enough to win the final.

Finances-
    Shocking which has caused an attempt of a takeover.

Transfers-
    Once again looked for players who I could get on frees which worked.

Squad

Key Player- Cristiano- Once again a brilliant player. Won the A-League Player of the year, Foreigner of the year and the Golden Boot.

Fixtures Part 1 Part 2

Aims from Last Season
    - Improve Defence ACHIEVED
    - Challenge for A-League title ACHIEVED
    - Improve Staff FAILED

Aims for Next Season
    - Defend A-League title
    - Improve squad for the ACL at the end of the year

Domestic:
    Code:
     Season    League    Position    Final Series    
    ------------------------------------------------
     2010/11   A-League  3rd         3rd       
     2011/12   A-League  1st         1st  
    -------------------------------------------

Amateur

Good job, Ethan13! The finances look terrible, hopefully Javier Zanetti takes over and throws a bunch of money into the club.

As for Al-Tohami, we're doing surprisingly well in the Premier League, although this was a bit odd:

Snow

Didn't really expect to be playing in snow in Saudi Arabia.

Banned

Mosul 2010/11

I started with a team of the sort of quality that I thought could go a long way in the league although with very little depth. Since there was no one good available for free I had to get in the least bad players to come in as backups and go with the players I started with. Particularly impressive of these was Abdullah Hamada. In fact due to his brilliance and several other of my younger players I lost one match by having 6 players called up to Iraqi youth teams. Nevertheless I ended up finishing the league in a strong 5th place. For next season I believe my team will be much stronger since I've been able to steal several good players whose contracts were running out.

Code:
    Season | League | Cup
    10/11  | 5th    | 2nd Qlfy

Reserves

Good first season Quackje. I see you have badges for Iraq. Where did you download those badges from and are there badges for other countries as well?

Banned

I've had these badges since '08 it was like a mega thing a downloaded of sortitoutsi I think. There aren't logos for every club in countries like this but for most of them a couple of teams at least have logos.

People mad enough to move to Iraq to play football;

Code:
    Country | # | Mosul
    Iran    | 1 | 1
    Yemen   | 2 | 2
    Liberia | 4 |
    CAR     | 2 |
    Niger   | 2 |
    Reunion | 1 |
    Lesotho | 2 |
    Last edited by Quackje; 06-11-2009 at 04:32.

Reserves

I guess Iraq is an improvement over Africa...

I think I underestimated the Indonesian Premier Division. It's a bit harder than I thought...

Well after my game destroyed itself over in the America's challenge, I've decided to get as far away as possible and head east.

I'm going to give the Philippines a go. After holidaying I am the new manager of Giligans FC (Yes, like the Island).

Amateur

Fantastic start to my first season in charge at Perth Glory. Ten games in and on top by ten points.

Amateur

Great start archie#10 hopefully you can keep that up. Seeing as the A-League season isn't very long it is great when you can open up a large lead as the other teams struggle to catch you.

Update on my Adelaide United save. We are still under a transfer embargo as the takeover keeps going from good and looking like it will be resolved within a few days to looks like it will collapse. It isn't good though because the transfer window is nearly over and we haven't been able to make any signings besides frees. The squad is good though but we could do with 1 more defender to add some more depth. We won our first league game 5-2 with Cristiano scoring a hat trick so it looks like it could be another season with a lot of goals (Hopefully).

I'm am set to play a beautiful style of football no matter what. We'll see how that works out with a team that scored the least goals last season.

Giligans Island 2010/11 review

Season Summary
    First season complete. My attacking, pro-creativity based style has paid dividends as we scored almost double the goals of the closest team. The Islanders (as I've dubbed them) won a hard fought 2-1 victory over regular season champions Mendiola Utd in a one match playoff to pick up the championship. Now lets see what kind of continental competition we've gotten ourselves into.

Final Standings

Transfer News
    Because of the club's low reputation, I can seem to sign any foreign players, nor any filipinos based in other leagues. In fact, even a free transferred countryman from Fulham says, "Hell no." I've withdrawn my scouts to look for gems at local clubs. We'll see how this, my increased reputation from the championship, and my involvement in continental competition impacts the market.
    Last edited by Brixton Athletic; 06-11-2009 at 11:35.

Reserves

Nice season Brixton. The Filipino league starts in the AFC Cup (level below the AFC Champions League). If you win the AFC Cup, you get 'promoted' to the AFC Champions League.

Giligans Island 2011/12, 2012/13 review

Sorry for the combined update, these Filipino seasons run insanely fast.

Season Summary
    The second and third seasons didn't go as planned. In fact, they were awful. We've seen ourselves not even close to the continent with sixth and seventh place finishes. Our journey into Asia ended swiftly in 2012 as we didn't make it out of the preliminary groups in both the President's Cup or the Asia Club Championship.

2012 Final Standings
    2013 Final Standings

Transfer News
    I didn't see any uptick in foreign interest despite appearing in continental competitions. However, I have noticed that the even with fairly basic facilities, promoted youth team players usually have better attributes than the original players when the game was started. Perhaps if we can consistently qualify and do well in tournaments then I can upgrade them and get at least a partial stranglehold of my own country.

Reserves

What do you think of the Filipino league Brixton? No bugs that you can tell?

And can you also tell me the reset date for the Filipino league? Thanks.

Semi Pro

Right decided to give this ago, some of you might remember I had a fairly successful save on FM08 in China and with the options to expand the game I thought i'd give Japan a go.

I started the game but forgot to post a profile, but have one now. Manager Profile I have taken over at Joestu Warriors, in the Kanto League Division One. Below is my first season in charge of them.

2010-11 - Joetsu Warriors - Kanto League Division One

Media Prediction: 6th
    Final Position: 2nd - League Table

All-Japan Shakaijin Cup: 2nd Qual. Round
    Emporer's Cup: 3rd Qual. Round

Transfers None out, 4 in pre-season, 1 in close season. Nothing spent, nothing gained.

Squad Poor overall, one potential star in Jun Imanishi, but he got injured for 2 months and never really got going. Was a miracle that we were within a whisker of winning the league.

Finances In the Red but to be expected. We had a huge wage budget but never used it thankfully. Will look to address this situation next season.

Targets for Next Season
    • Another title challenge
    • Get into the Black
    Code:
    Season|Division            |Finished  |Achievements
    10/11 |Kanto League Div One|2nd       |-

The league is great, there are no bugs at all. The reset date is June 19.

Reserves

Welcome back ToMexico!! Hope you can win the title with Joestu Warriors next year.

Thanks Brixton for the info.

Giligans Island 2013/14 review

I'm in Filipino overdrive right now, this is so addicting. Will be my last for a few hours as I am probably closer to the Philippines than most of you, so time for a little sleep.

Season Summary
    In short, season No. 4 = title No. 2. My Islanders and Pasargad FC stayed one/two for most of the season, but we won in the playoff final to clinch the title. I'm pretty sure that this year being a World Cup year that we might not have the Asian Club Championship in the summer like usual. We only conceded five goals the entire season, so I guess those crazy sayings are correct. A good offense is a good defense.

Final Standings

Transfer News
    My youth players are really starting to come around. We had a couple more gems in the striker position and midfield that asserted themselves this season. I switch my wingbacks back to the typical fullback position and decreased the width of my field. Next season should be exciting.

Semi Pro

Welcome back ToMexico!! Hope you can win the title with Joestu Warriors next year.
    No chance of that i think, more likely relegation the way its gone. Lost 3/4 of my squad under Bosman ruling which sucks. Have been unable to replace many of them which sucks more. Got about 4 loans signings that aren't great either. All my players are stupidly unfit ending games on 30-40% condition which I can't pinpoint the reason as we have a fitness coach and their natural fitness stat sits around 10 to 17.

Thinking it might be the end of me soon as I have a record of DLDL so far this season and sit 7th from 8 places. Will report back in a few games to see if there has been any improvement.

Semi Pro

Rancer, noticed anything wrong with the Premier Division? Specifically regarding relegation.

Banned

Mosul 2011/12

As I predicted I was a much stronger side this year and we raced out with 10 wins a row. Some sloppy games including a 3-0 defeat to them let Al-Zawra'a back in the race though. By the last game of the season I was 1 point ahead and 1-0 up away from home at Arbil who promptly equalised in the 88th minute and I was unable to turn it round for a win. Thankfully 10th place Sulaymaniyah managed to hold Al-Zawra'a to an amazing 0-0 draw handing us the league. This set up a playoff with the other half of the Iraqi premier league champions, Najaf. I was certain that my half of the league was stronger with cup winners and last years winners, Al-Zawra'a and the only professional club Al-Quwa Al-Jawiya (who bought one of my strikers for £140K, part of a £525K spending spree this season, no one else bought anyone for money). I was again proved right by defeating Najaf 3-2 to become the champions of Iraq. I think there may be a slight bug here since the Najaf manager was sacked following this defeat which seems a bit strange considering they won their half of the league. Key player this season was right winger, Safwan Abdul-Ghani.

Code:
    Season | League | Playoff | Cup
    10/11  | 5th    | N/A     | 2nd Qlfy
    11/12  | 1st    | Winners | 2nd Qlfy
    Mad foreigners watch;

Code:
    Country  | #  | Change
    Iran     | 3  | +2
    Yemen    | 2  | ±0
    Liberia  | 6  | +2
    CAR      | 6  | +4
    Niger    | 10 | +8
    Reunion  | 1  | ±0
    Lesotho  | 12 | +10
    Ethiopia | 1  | +1
    Pretty much the entire Lesotho national team plays in Iraq now.

Semi Pro

2011-12 - Joetsu Warriors - Kanto League Division One

Final Position: 6th - League Table

All-Japan Shakaijin Cup: 2nd Qual. Round
    Emporer's Cup: 3rd Qual. Round

Transfers Lots out for nothing. 5 in altogether, 4 loans and 1 free transfer.

Squad Worse far the worst team I have ever managed. We mustered 2 wins all season from 16 games.

Finances In the Black. I arranged around 8 friendlies to create some much needed revenue. We lost them all but made 70k so who cares.

Targets for Next Season
    • Rebuild the squad.
    • Mid tabled finish.
    Code:
    Season|Division            |Finished  |Achievements
    10/11 |Kanto League Div One|2nd       |- 
    11/12 |Kanto League Div One|6th       |-

Semi Pro

I've resigned as manager of Joetsu. More players left over the close season not wanting to renew, my first team was basically my U18s with a splattering of 'first teamers'. Was beyond a joke. Would be nice to know what the clubs reputation is, because we just can't attract the players nor the staff. Don't know whether to holiday til the new season and take over a new club or start a fresh in another country.

Reserves

Rancer, noticed anything wrong with the Premier Division? Specifically regarding relegation.
    I don't know...this is my first year ever in the Indonesian Premier Division...

Quackje: congratz on winning the Iraqi title. How many foreigners do you have? I think those Niger and Lesotho born players think Iraq is a safer country.

ToMexico!!: good luck wherever you decide to go next.

Semi Pro

I don't know...this is my first year ever in the Indonesian Premier Division...
    I've not got to it yet, just happened to be looking at it. The format has changed since last year, before it was 2 groups of 15. Apparently the bottom 3 get relegated from each of the 3 groups, then there's a relegation playoff, meaning a total of 11 clubs get relegated...

...but they don't. Only 8 teams come up, so it seems the game randomly decides which of the 11 to keep up. Last season on my game a team finished 2nd bottom, but didn't get relegated, while a team that finished 4th bottom did go down.

Reserves

I've not got to it yet, just happened to be looking at it. The format has changed since last year, before it was 2 groups of 15. Apparently the bottom 3 get relegated from each of the 3 groups, then there's a relegation playoff, meaning a total of 11 clubs get relegated...

...but they don't. Only 8 teams come up, so it seems the game randomly decides which of the 11 to keep up. Last season on my game a team finished 2nd bottom, but didn't get relegated, while a team that finished 4th bottom did go down.
    That does seem a bit weird. In my game it doesn't match up between the relegations and the promotions...

But the good news for me is that I don't have to worry about relegation. We're doing quite well atm.

One thing I am getting annoyed are the amount of long term injuries I have to some of key players...a couple are gone for 6 months...

Banned

I only have an Iranian and 2 Yemenis, I'm getting a Syrian and will try to sell one of the Yemenis.

Quackje: Are the Lesotho players all pretty much at the same club, or is there a smattering of Lesothoans (or something like that) around the league?
    Last edited by Brixton Athletic; 07-11-2009 at 01:35.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast