Personalized sleeve problem

I have received a promotional code and customized my sleeve, filled all forms and hit "complete order" button. And then... I saw some lenghty error message about database "actively refusing connection", so I repeated whole process but this time website told me that my code has been used and so I can't order. Now, anyone from SI please tell me if my order (1st) has been received or no as I can't confirm it and I don't want to wait until I get my sleeve (and lose a deadline).

yep, it's not an SI issue, it's a Play.com issue. The order of the game will have been recieved for the code to be sent, but Play.com will have to tell you whether the sleeve order has been processed I'm afraid...

Play.com said we had to contact the website owners as it is their server that has crashed. The URL was footballmanager.com/promo so who is responsible as the code can now not be entered?

Play.com only got sent one code per person for the sleeve personalisation which is why they said we had to contact you. There were no help links on any of the sleeve design pages..

...another day, and still no-one has answered us.

Play.com telling us to speak to you guys, you guys telling us it's not your problem. Well it's someone's problem and to be honest it looks more like a Sega/SI problem rather than a play.com problem, considering it's on the FOOTBALLMANAGER.COM website and all.

promo-uk.footballmanager.com

Or would you guys prefer that we simply get a refund and go pirate the game instead?

...another day, and still no-one has answered us.

Play.com telling us to speak to you guys, you guys telling us it's not your problem. Well it's someone's problem and to be honest it looks more like a Sega/SI problem rather than a play.com problem, considering it's on the FOOTBALLMANAGER.COM website and all.

promo-uk.footballmanager.com

Or would you guys prefer that we simply get a refund and go pirate the game instead?

You're an idiot. E-mail SI instead of whining on a forum.

I have received a promotional code and customized my sleeve, filled all forms and hit "complete order" button. And then... I saw some lenghty error message about database "actively refusing connection", so I repeated whole process but this time website told me that my code has been used and so I can't order. Now, anyone from SI please tell me if my order (1st) has been received or no as I can't confirm it and I don't want to wait until I get my sleeve (and lose a deadline).

Ive had the same problem

Same problem here. So far I just hope that my order went through if the code is said to be used already. So at least that bit must have gone through before getting the error message.

But how to contact play.com? In their helpdesk I can't find any single old-fashioned custor service contact option :confused:

Same problem here. So far I just hope that my order went through if the code is said to be used already. So at least that bit must have gone through before getting the error message.

But how to contact play.com? In their helpdesk I can't find any single old-fashioned custor service contact option :confused:

Jayahr (and others),

Don't waste your time contacting PLAY.

They will send you a reply stating the problem lies with SI, and to contact them regarding....

Now, if only someone could post a SI Helpdesk link????

Glad I wasn't the only one. Same story for me as the OP. I kept wondering if it might be because I'm from Norway and used Å and Ø when writing down my address. So I felt a bit stupid when I dropped those for AA and O instead, and then got told my password had already been used.

So as someone mentioned, it COULD be registered then and happen to drop in the mail in 1-28 Days. And I know, it's just a cover, it ain't no biggie, but it's a fun thing and it was the special thing about the play.com pre-order.

The thing that got me worrying was when I didn't receive a confirmation email.

Thank you bcooper for checking it out for us.

Are people really that bother about a personalized sleeve?
I thought it was free as a pre-order? So you didn't technically pay for the sleeve itself. :p

I could order or buy game for less than PLAY.COM but I decided to get my game with personalized sleeve. Anyway, if I ordered something promised, I expect it to be delivered.

Same here, contacted Play.com they said the below

"Unfortunately this is an issue outside of our ability to rectify, as all codes are received for each customer to redeem against this promotion.

If there has been an error in redeeming this code via Sega's website we would recommend contacting their customer service department to enquire if your order information for this sleeve was received. "

If anyones having trouble contacting them via phone I used this address (it doesn't seem to be on the website anymore) customercare@play.com

Same here, contacted Play.com they said the below

"Unfortunately this is an issue outside of our ability to rectify, as all codes are received for each customer to redeem against this promotion.

If there has been an error in redeeming this code via Sega's website we would recommend contacting their customer service department to enquire if your order information for this sleeve was received. "

If anyones having trouble contacting them via phone I used this address (it doesn't seem to be on the website anymore) customercare@play.com

I contacted customercare@play.com and this was what they answered to me:

Thank you for your email regarding the redemption of your Personalised Sleeve code for Football Manager 2010.

Please accept our apologies, but we are unfortunately unable to offer further assistance with this Promotional code. As a retailer, we only forward on your code as it comes in from the manufacturer. Any subsequent issues resulting from the code, i.e. if it is faulty or flagged as invlaid must be directed to the manufacturer/publisher of the game.

havent you got a printer?

If we could even get sent the custom sleeve as a .pdf file (which we/I didn't) I would LOVE nothing more to print it out myself.

Has anyone gotten this thing to work at all?? Or did everyone get an error "page" and were unable to use the password again?

I PM'd my password as well, but no stress. :thup:

How long does it take sega customer support to respond?

Ticket was submitted on the 30th October... 4 days later and still no response (to that or my PM).

The closing date for this offer is Sunday 8th November 2009.

I assume we're going to have some sort of resolution before then? Or the closing date is going to be extended?

Also just had an email back from Play.com in reply to one I sent when I first had the problem. They instruct me to go to the www.footballmanager.com website and report the problem via their Support Link. Now either I'm blind or there is no Support Link visible on the Football Manager website?

What they mean is go to the SI website http://www.sigames.com and contact them that way, however; the SI websites no good because if you click on the links i.e. Search | Contact | SIndicate | Advertise... It takes you to the main page that’s on about downloading the patch lol

Let’s face it - No one’s going to get the personalized sleeve because it too much for them to sort out. Hence no reply from anyone because they are hoping the problem goes away. It’s now day 5...

To read all the problem on the forum that people have had with the game this year and last year must be embarrassing for them... Another year and another joke by SI...LOL

Well if we don't get our sleeves then surely we could report play.com to the trading standards agency for not delivering what we ordered (even though it's clearly not their fault).

No - because Play.com only forward on the code as it comes in from the manufacturer. Any subsequent issues resulting from the code, i.e. if it is faulty or flagged as invalid must be directed to the manufacturer/publisher of the game. That would be SI and www.footballmanager.com

Erh...Anyone seen them...are they about or hidling...

No - because Play.com only forward on the code as it comes in from the manufacturer. Any subsequent issues resulting from the code, i.e. if it is faulty or flagged as invalid must be directed to the manufacturer/publisher of the game. That would be SI and www.footballmanager.com

Erh...Anyone seen them...are they about or hidling...

Incorrect Play.com advertised Football Manager with personalised sleeve, this is the contract they entered into with us that is what they need to deliver by law. If they do not then they are not delivering the goods as described.

I logged a ticket with Sega's helpdesk and they responded this morning saying they are aware of the issue and are looking into it.

Incorrect Play.com advertised Football Manager with personalised sleeve, this is the contract they entered into with us that is what they need to deliver by law. If they do not then they are not delivering the goods as described.

I logged a ticket with Sega's helpdesk and they responded this morning saying they are aware of the issue and are looking into it.

Incorrect lol Its not down to Play.com, if it was, you would have logged a ticket with them and not Sega. However you say Sega are aware and are looking into it, so its down to sega and not play.

Archived