+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Personalized sleeve problem

Amateur

Default Personalized sleeve problem

I have received a promotional code and customized my sleeve, filled all forms and hit "complete order" button. And then... I saw some lenghty error message about database "actively refusing connection", so I repeated whole process but this time website told me that my code has been used and so I can't order. Now, anyone from SI please tell me if my order (1st) has been received or no as I can't confirm it and I don't want to wait until I get my sleeve (and lose a deadline).

Third Team
    The difference between genius and insanity is measured only by success.

Default Re: Personalized sleeve problem

would be better off contacting play.com instead as the sleeve comes from them.

Third Team

The custom sleeve was a promotion from play.com last year so I think you'll have to contact them and not SI assuming of course that its them again doing it this year.

Amateur

yep, it's not an SI issue, it's a Play.com issue. The order of the game will have been recieved for the code to be sent, but Play.com will have to tell you whether the sleeve order has been processed I'm afraid...

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by bcooper View Post
    yep, it's not an SI issue, it's a Play.com issue. The order of the game will have been recieved for the code to be sent, but Play.com will have to tell you whether the sleeve order has been processed I'm afraid...
    Play.com said we had to contact the website owners as it is their server that has crashed. The URL was footballmanager.com/promo so who is responsible as the code can now not be entered?

Play.com only got sent one code per person for the sleeve personalisation which is why they said we had to contact you. There were no help links on any of the sleeve design pages..

Amateur

Servers that refused connection apparently are SI'S. Another thing is PLAY.COM cannot be reached through phone from Irleand. Tried several times...

Amateur

I have had same problem, I spoke to Play and they don't seem to know much about it.

Amateur

...another day, and still no-one has answered us.

Play.com telling us to speak to you guys, you guys telling us it's not your problem. Well it's someone's problem and to be honest it looks more like a Sega/SI problem rather than a play.com problem, considering it's on the FOOTBALLMANAGER.COM website and all.

promo-uk.footballmanager.com

Or would you guys prefer that we simply get a refund and go pirate the game instead?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneLampshade View Post
    ...another day, and still no-one has answered us.

Play.com telling us to speak to you guys, you guys telling us it's not your problem. Well it's someone's problem and to be honest it looks more like a Sega/SI problem rather than a play.com problem, considering it's on the FOOTBALLMANAGER.COM website and all.

promo-uk.footballmanager.com

Or would you guys prefer that we simply get a refund and go pirate the game instead?
    You're an idiot. E-mail SI instead of whining on a forum.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by adamdrfc View Post
    Perhaps if they actually listed their email address on their website then we would.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by adamdrfc View Post
    Don't insult people on the forum. He's trying to get a response from SI over an issue. There's no need for people like you to make comments.

Quote Originally Posted by akagi View Post
    I have received a promotional code and customized my sleeve, filled all forms and hit "complete order" button. And then... I saw some lenghty error message about database "actively refusing connection", so I repeated whole process but this time website told me that my code has been used and so I can't order. Now, anyone from SI please tell me if my order (1st) has been received or no as I can't confirm it and I don't want to wait until I get my sleeve (and lose a deadline).
    Ive had the same problem

Amateur

Are people really that bother about a personalized sleeve?

Amateur

received email today with unique code but since the initial post, i am reluctant to do it now!

Amateur

You guys might as well call the SI support!

Third Team

Same problem here. So far I just hope that my order went through if the code is said to be used already. So at least that bit must have gone through before getting the error message.

But how to contact play.com? In their helpdesk I can't find any single old-fashioned custor service contact option

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by jayahr View Post
    But how to contact play.com? In their helpdesk I can't find any single old-fashioned custor service contact option
    play.com phone number 0845 800 1020

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by jayahr View Post
    Same problem here. So far I just hope that my order went through if the code is said to be used already. So at least that bit must have gone through before getting the error message.

Jayahr (and others),

Don't waste your time contacting PLAY.
    They will send you a reply stating the problem lies with SI, and to contact them regarding....

Now, if only someone could post a SI Helpdesk link????

Amateur

Yer same thing happened to me, I emailed play customer service so I'm hoping they might be able to sort it.

Amateur

Guys,

I'm talking to the company doing the printing to see what the deal is, as soon as I know anything i'll let you know

Thanks
    ben

Amateur

Guys,

I'm talking to the company doing the printing to see what the deal is, as soon as I know anything i'll let you know

Thanks
    ben

Third Team

Cool

Reported for double post btw

Amateur

Glad I wasn't the only one. Same story for me as the OP. I kept wondering if it might be because I'm from Norway and used Å and Ø when writing down my address. So I felt a bit stupid when I dropped those for AA and O instead, and then got told my password had already been used.

So as someone mentioned, it COULD be registered then and happen to drop in the mail in 1-28 Days. And I know, it's just a cover, it ain't no biggie, but it's a fun thing and it was the special thing about the play.com pre-order.

The thing that got me worrying was when I didn't receive a confirmation email.

Thank you bcooper for checking it out for us.

Amateur

Hi,

If anyone wants to PM me with their code if they are having problems please do

Thanks
    Ben

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Swift89 View Post
    Yes, we bother. We paid for it.

Part-Timer

I thought it was free as a pre-order? So you didn't technically pay for the sleeve itself. :P

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Swift89 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by djwilko6 View Post
    I thought it was free as a pre-order? So you didn't technically pay for the sleeve itself. :P
    I could order or buy game for less than PLAY.COM but I decided to get my game with personalized sleeve. Anyway, if I ordered something promised, I expect it to be delivered.

Amateur

Same here, contacted Play.com they said the below

"Unfortunately this is an issue outside of our ability to rectify, as all codes are received for each customer to redeem against this promotion.

If there has been an error in redeeming this code via Sega's website we would recommend contacting their customer service department to enquire if your order information for this sleeve was received. "

If anyones having trouble contacting them via phone I used this address (it doesn't seem to be on the website anymore) customercare@play.com

Semi Pro

We're looking into this so please, as per Ben's note above, send through to him.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by purp23 View Post
    Same here, contacted Play.com they said the below

"Unfortunately this is an issue outside of our ability to rectify, as all codes are received for each customer to redeem against this promotion.

If there has been an error in redeeming this code via Sega's website we would recommend contacting their customer service department to enquire if your order information for this sleeve was received. "

If anyones having trouble contacting them via phone I used this address (it doesn't seem to be on the website anymore) customercare@play.com
    I contacted customercare@play.com and this was what they answered to me:

Thank you for your email regarding the redemption of your Personalised Sleeve code for Football Manager 2010.

Please accept our apologies, but we are unfortunately unable to offer further assistance with this Promotional code. As a retailer, we only forward on your code as it comes in from the manufacturer. Any subsequent issues resulting from the code, i.e. if it is faulty or flagged as invlaid must be directed to the manufacturer/publisher of the game.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by bcooper View Post
    Hi,

If anyone wants to PM me with their code if they are having problems please do

Thanks
    Ben
    Ben,
    When I try to PM you, the system takes me to the User Login screen (even though I'm already logged in)..

Lurker

i've PM'd and still had no reply the offer will soon end any update on this?

Lurker

I have also PM'd but no response, hoping for an udpdate....

Amateur

I find it hard to believe there will be an answer

Amateur

I have also sent my code but no reply. I really wanted this for my son.

Semi Pro

If you're struggling with the PM's then please contact SEGA Customer Services - details in the manual - and we'll do our best to make sure you get your sleeve.

Amateur

I did everything everyone ha asked. I spoke with Sega support and was asked to also log a support issue via the sega uk site. Some of you may want to do that too.

Amateur

havent you got a printer?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Domark Rules View Post
    Thats not all he needs , is it?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Domark Rules View Post
    If we could even get sent the custom sleeve as a .pdf file (which we/I didn't) I would LOVE nothing more to print it out myself.

Has anyone gotten this thing to work at all?? Or did everyone get an error "page" and were unable to use the password again?

I PM'd my password as well, but no stress.

Amateur

I got the Page error and now unable to use code. I've PM'd Ben my code as well, no response yet.

Amateur

How long does it take sega customer support to respond?

Ticket was submitted on the 30th October... 4 days later and still no response (to that or my PM).

The closing date for this offer is Sunday 8th November 2009.
    I assume we're going to have some sort of resolution before then? Or the closing date is going to be extended?

Amateur

Today I finanlly received my 2nd Promo Code for the 2nd order I placed. However I'm scared to try and use it incase it goes wrong or gives me the error.

Amateur

Also just had an email back from Play.com in reply to one I sent when I first had the problem. They instruct me to go to the www.footballmanager.com website and report the problem via their Support Link. Now either I'm blind or there is no Support Link visible on the Football Manager website?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by mufcchampmanfan View Post
    Also just had an email back from Play.com in reply to one I sent when I first had the problem. They instruct me to go to the www.footballmanager.com website and report the problem via their Support Link. Now either I'm blind or there is no Support Link visible on the Football Manager website?
    What they mean is go to the SI website http://www.sigames.com and contact them that way, however; the SI websites no good because if you click on the links i.e. Search | Contact | SIndicate | Advertise... It takes you to the main page that’s on about downloading the patch lol

Let’s face it - No one’s going to get the personalized sleeve because it too much for them to sort out. Hence no reply from anyone because they are hoping the problem goes away. It’s now day 5...

To read all the problem on the forum that people have had with the game this year and last year must be embarrassing for them... Another year and another joke by SI...LOL

Amateur

Well if we don't get our sleeves then surely we could report play.com to the trading standards agency for not delivering what we ordered (even though it's clearly not their fault).

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneLampshade View Post
    Well if we don't get our sleeves then surely we could report play.com to the trading standards agency for not delivering what we ordered (even though it's clearly not their fault).
    No - because Play.com only forward on the code as it comes in from the manufacturer. Any subsequent issues resulting from the code, i.e. if it is faulty or flagged as invalid must be directed to the manufacturer/publisher of the game. That would be SI and www.footballmanager.com

Erh...Anyone seen them...are they about or hidling...

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by jamiesdomain View Post
    No - because Play.com only forward on the code as it comes in from the manufacturer. Any subsequent issues resulting from the code, i.e. if it is faulty or flagged as invalid must be directed to the manufacturer/publisher of the game. That would be SI and www.footballmanager.com

Erh...Anyone seen them...are they about or hidling...

Incorrect Play.com advertised Football Manager with personalised sleeve, this is the contract they entered into with us that is what they need to deliver by law. If they do not then they are not delivering the goods as described.

I logged a ticket with Sega's helpdesk and they responded this morning saying they are aware of the issue and are looking into it.

Amateur

I now too have submitted a ticket with Sega. We're going to need some response soon as deadline is 8th November. I won't attempt to use my 2nd code until I've got the 1st one redeemed.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by purp23 View Post
    Incorrect Play.com advertised Football Manager with personalised sleeve, this is the contract they entered into with us that is what they need to deliver by law. If they do not then they are not delivering the goods as described.

I logged a ticket with Sega's helpdesk and they responded this morning saying they are aware of the issue and are looking into it.
    Incorrect lol Its not down to Play.com, if it was, you would have logged a ticket with them and not Sega. However you say Sega are aware and are looking into it, so its down to sega and not play.

Lurker

When i first did it, the server crashed, then if i try to re-do it it says the the order has been place

ne1 else had this problem?

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Shilp View Post
    When i first did it, the server crashed, then if i try to re-do it it says the the order has been place

ne1 else had this problem?
    same for me. I pm'd Ben, but no response yet

Amateur

I have PM'd and still awaiting a response also, it wouldn't be as bad if we received some reassurance that this will be fixed. I am shocked at how much of a shambles this has been.

Lurker

we all got screwed me thinks

i want a £10 gift voucher for all the hassle this has caused but i dont think play.com will give me it

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by roy keano View Post
    we all got screwed me thinks

i want a £10 gift voucher for all the hassle this has caused but i dont think play.com will give me it
    Play.com sucks! I haven't even got my copy of the game yet. They say they have sent it on october 28th so it's been over a week. Delivery in 3 to 5 days...my ass!!!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by toro74 View Post
    Play.com sucks! I haven't even got my copy of the game yet. They say they have sent it on october 28th so it's been over a week. Delivery in 3 to 5 days...my ass!!!
    You too? Today is a week of waiting for me. I think I will buy my copy in the shop and return one that they sent me (if I ever receive it) as unwanted.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by jamiesdomain View Post
    Incorrect lol Its not down to Play.com, if it was, you would have logged a ticket with them and not Sega. However you say Sega are aware and are looking into it, so its down to sega and not play.
    I have logged one with them and one with Sega as I want this resolving, as the consumer it's my choice to deal with the manufaturer or the retailer.
    As the retailer they have a legal obligation to deliver the goods as advertised which they have not so it is up to Play to sort it but due to them being utterly useless I have exercised my right to go direct to the manufacturer.
    I am also speaking to Play to find out why they are doing nothing about this.

I mentioned the bit about logging a ticket with Sega to help other people screwed over by Play.com
    Last edited by purp23; 05-11-2009 at 09:48.

Part-timer

Not heard of a little thing called a postal strike?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Bongo-Bongo View Post
    Not heard of a little thing called a postal strike?
    Yeah, but play.com says they will deliver normally even with strike.

Also just today I got a newsletter from them where they said that if you order call of duty: modern warfare 2 by midnight on sunday 8th of november they guarantee delivery for 10th of november.

Amateur

Yeah copies of Football Manager turned up on Wednesday and Thursday before the Friday Release. Thats the only thing preventing me from really get upset about this sleeve business. If worst comes to worst though I'll return both games to play for refunds and look at getting it locally at Morrisons or something where I can use a relatives 20% Staff Discount.

Part-timer

Yeah, but play.com says they will deliver normally even with strike.

Also just today I got a newsletter from them where they said that if you order call of duty: modern warfare 2 by midnight on sunday 8th of november they guarantee delivery for 10th of november.
    I received that newsletter as well, and unless they are using someone different to Royal Mail, which I'm guessing they must be, I don't see how they can guarantee it, especially as strikes are going ahead tomorrow and Monday. And I know they aren't using any other delivery service for other products so I'm not sure how they could claim deliveries wouldn't be affected, especially with an estimed backlog of between 30 and 50 million letters/parcels to deliver. Are you sure you didn't mis-read something as that seems like a pretty bold statement.

Amateur

Just had an email from Sega to say my 1st Code has been submitted correctly and I'm to allow 28 days for delivery. So the order is going through.

Just been to the Promo Site to input my 2nd Code and thats worked fine on this occasion. No error at all, got a confirmation screen.

Amateur

Cheers for the update, pleased with that.
    Last edited by jamiesdomain; 05-11-2009 at 15:42.

Amateur

I also got a response to my sega support ticket saying that my code went through ok.

(though I should point out to whoever responded to my ticket that my name isn't martin, lol)

Amateur

I've PM'ed my code to Ben, is that enough or am I better off trying somewhere else as well?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by ADChick View Post
    I've PM'ed my code to Ben, is that enough or am I better off trying somewhere else as well?
    Log a ticket here http://help.sega.com/

From there email, its saying that the custom sleeve order was processed correctly through the website.

Just looks like we didn't get a confirmation page, just a error on their website when we submitted the order.

Amateur

Yep - I got an email for my ticket too saying it had been ordered correctly.

Amateur

how do i get a second promo code because i have had the same problem

Amateur

Damn, thanks guys! Now I have high hopes that my code went through. *clap*

Lurker

I have had no email saying its gone through ok, nor have I had any reply to my PM through here. 10 quid wasted by supporting pre orders and not going to local shops and getting it for 20 quid.

Amateur

Gary as posted above raise a support ticket at http://help.sega.com/ they responded to me within two days and confirmed everything is okay.

Amateur

I had this same issue, so I contacted play.com, they told me to send an email to codesandpromos@play.com 2 days later I got an email with an apology and a replacement code.

"Thank you for your email in regards to your Play code for Football Manager 2010 on the PC, and I would like to apologies for any inconvenience that this issue has caused to you.

To help resolve this issue I have spoken to the games buyers, who have on this occasion been able to provide me with a replacement code for you to use.

Once again please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you and thank you for your patience and valued custom.

Kind Regards,
    Kris Thomson

Play
    "

Might be worth emailing the above. My replacement code worked first time.

Amateur

How do you log a ticket with SEGA? I can't seem to find where you do it. :s

Amateur

You need to have a SEGA Pass account.

http://www.sega.co.uk/segapass/home....=help.sega.com

Once you have done that, just click on 'SUPPORT' at the top of the page. Then you will be able submit a new ticket.
    Last edited by jamiesdomain; 06-11-2009 at 17:44.

Amateur

Well I've PM'd Ben but I'm guessing he's probably busy.
    I've also logged a ticket with Sega, but haven't heard back from them either.
    Has anyone else had much luck with emailing the address that big78mac mentioned?

Lurker

I submitted a ticket to SEGA and within 24 hrs I received confirmation that my details had been registered correctly.

Amateur

Tomorrow is the deadline for sleeve customization. I didn't got response from SI whether I will get it or not. So much for preordering the game.

Amateur

I am still awaiting a response, I PM'd Ben back in October, logged a ticket with Sega last week and have emailed codesandpromos@play.com. Wondering if there is any danger of some news?

Part-Timer

PMd Ben and Sega Customer Support over a week ago -no response from either.

Can we get an update please?

Amateur

just received my email today from sega customer support:

"Hi Abid,

Thank you for contacting SEGA Europe.

We are aware that some customers have received an error message after completion
    of the personalised sleeve offer. The website displayed an error message
    instead of showing a confirmation message. I can now confirm that your order has
    been received and processed correctly and you will receive your personalized sleeve
    within the allotted 28 days detailed on the site.

Regards

Sega Support"

am chuffed and cant wait!

Amateur

hiya, so whats the deal? did the 1st code work?
    or do we need a new code?
    help!

Amateur

i got my second code but it was too late. are they going to re-open it or what? :@

Amateur

I just got a message virtually identical to Greyfox's one. Seems that it was only the confirmation screen that was broken and that all submitted codes probably went through.
    Don't quote me on that though!!!!

Amateur

I have also received a response identical to Greyfox's. Looks positive!

Amateur

Same thing for me. Let's wait and see.

Amateur

Well i did the whole ticket thing as well, they told me, it had worked to wait 28 days for delievery, just wondering, has anyone recieved theres yet?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by KingWeirCJ View Post
    Well i did the whole ticket thing as well, they told me, it had worked to wait 28 days for delievery, just wondering, has anyone recieved theres yet?
    Not had anything yet but it did say up to 28 days so I guess need to wait until end of this month.

Amateur

same here, just wondering because, they are telling me, they havent heard from me, so they are asking me if i the problem is resolved, so they can cancel the ticket?!
    which is HELL NO YOU CANT!

Amateur

woohoo, got my sleeve today

Amateur

Wooohooo, got my sleeve today too...

Amateur

got my sleeve today but am a bit surprised at it! i thought it would have been a plastic cover like the Gears 1 LE cover which would have been worth it imo!

also why couldnt it be that one side is my name, the logo, the certificate, the usual and on the other, the description, some screens, the parties involved, the sys requirements, the usual instead of both sides being identical!

^ this is just me voicing my opinion so please take however you wish!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by GREYFOX View Post
    got my sleeve today but am a bit surprised at it! i thought it would have been a plastic cover like the Gears 1 LE cover which would have been worth it imo!

also why couldnt it be that one side is my name, the logo, the certificate, the usual and on the other, the description, some screens, the parties involved, the sys requirements, the usual instead of both sides being identical!

^ this is just me voicing my opinion so please take however you wish!
    Got mine today and I rather like it.

Amateur

Got mine also,i have to say its better than expected !!!

Amateur

like how it was two sided, instead of just being a different cover though i do agree i think they cud of made them more personalised but never mind, knew what i was getting wen i personalised it

+ Reply to Thread