Closed Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Top2Bottom: The Game Thread

Youth Team

Default Top2Bottom: The Game Thread

If you are enjoying this thread, please rate it: Click here to find out how!

Sponsored by www.xtranormal.com - the online video creator.

Welcome to Top2Bottom – The Game Thread!

After weeks and weeks of applications, database editing and other stuff, the sign-up is now ready to begin!

Allow me to introduce myself. I am Greasy_Chip_Butty, AKA Andy, and as my handle suggests, I am a Sheffield United fan. I have recently run the FMX-Factor and FMX-Factor 2 sign-up’s which were my first on the CSE Forum using FM09. My contribution over the last year has seen me named the CSE Forum User of the Future for 2009 in the CSE Awards. You can all consider this my official entry for the ‘Thread of the Year’ award for the 2010 awards!

I am a school teacher so there are going to be occasions when I am busy – I ask for your patience when these occasions arise. Whilst I enjoy creating these sign-up’s, I also enjoy my career and moulding young minds and there will be times when this needs to be my priority. Many of the participants in ‘Top2Bottom’ are FMX-Factor veterans but there are a number of ‘newbies’ as well who I hope to attract into our CSE community for more than just my thread.

Allow me to introduce SPORTS.tv who will be providing all the action from the 2008/2009 season as the sign-up begins.

Introduction Video

Posts from me that start with the ‘Top2Bottom’ logo are official information posts. Posts that start with the ‘SPORTS.tv’ logo are entertainment posts.
    Any other posts I make are simply me interacting with folk.

It is my intention that this sign-up will be fun and entertaining. If you would like to see the preparation work that has been done for the sign-up, please see the following threads.

Application Thread

Information Thread

I hope that all of you – participants and viewers – enjoy the sign-up. There is no timescale for a finish. It might last a season, it might last ten seasons. Please feel free to post and make comments whether you are involved or not. If you have any questions, please ask.

OK then, on with the show!

Last edited by Greasy Chip Butty; 20-02-2010 at 21:36.

Youth Team

Default Re: Top2Bottom: The Game Thread

The 24 players have been allowed the opportunity to extend their squads by up to eight players. They have already been assigned a squad of 19 players – a Premiership first eleven, four Premiership reserves and four international stars / stars in the making – but they have no reserve or youth squads. Whilst it will be up to their created managers to expand the squad once the game starts, I have decided to allow the users to identify eight new players to start the game with. These players must be from the English league (as of the start of the 08/09 season) and will be assigned on a first come, first served basis.

SPORTS.tv will keep you up to date about who is joining who over the coming 24 hours. Stay tuned.

Third Team
    Jamie Mackie/Alejandro Faurlin enthusiast.

Looking forward to this, a lot of hard work and effort wont go unappreciated.

Amateur

Same here, this looks absolute genius

Third Team

This looks as if it could be one of the sign-ups of the year, eagerly anticiapting the start of it!

First Team Squad Member
    To be an Arsenal fan you have to be a masochist

Great thread

Amateur

Can't wait for this to get started

Youth Team

Ahead of pre-season training, many clubs were very busy in the transfer market today sealing moves for players as they look to expand their squads for the coming season.

Essex Eagles: Anderson, Alex, Theo Walcott, Emanuel Eboue, Jo, Carlos Vela, Darren Fletcher and Pablo Zabaleta.

Didsbury Dynamoes: Damien Duff, Valeri Bojinov, Pascal Chimbonda, Armand Traore, Jack Wilshere, Mark Beevers, Jeremy Helan, Michael Johnson.

Discworld: John O'Shea, Niklas Bendtner, Xisco, Yohann Djourou, James Morrison, Albert Riera, Jermaine Pennant, Daniel Sturridge.

Northern Extreme: Michael Mancienne, Rafael, Jose Baxter, Julien Faubert, Jamie O'Hara, Denilson, Joe Ledley, Havard Nordtveit.

Saffron United: Fabio Aurelio, Park Ji-Sung, Michael Ballack, Djibril Cisse, Savio, Lauri Dalla Valle, Dan Gosling, Alex Song.

Canadian Mighty Squirrels: Giles Barnes, Nathan Delfouneso, Michael Potts, Rhys Murphy, Michael Woods, Fraizer Campbell, Matt Derbyshire, Henri Lansbury.

More clubs are expected to seal transfer deals over the coming hours. You'll hear about them first on SPORTS.tv NEWS.

roberto922

My manager deserves the sack if he doesn't get a few people in

Part-Timer

Awesome video

Third Team

Gotta love the voices in the video

Can't wait for this GCB, alot of hard work has gone into it!

Amateur

i second that

Youth Team

The latest news from the world of football can be found in our video.

There are also some more signings to tell you about:

Brennan United: Stuart Taylor, Paulo Ferreira, Zoran Tosic, Matt Etherington, Michael Carrick, Fabio, Ched Evans, Nedum Onuoha.

Joga Bonitos Juniors: Joe Mattock, Phillippe Senderos, Michael Chopra, Mark Randall, Tom Cleverley, Peter Whittingham, Tomasz Kuszczak, Belletti.

Welsh Wizards: Ferrie Bodde, John Obi Mikel, Giovanni dos Santos, Lucas, Morgan Schneiderlin, Roger Johnson, Ross Wallace, Fitz Hall.

More signings to be announced throughout the day on SPORTS.tv NEWS.

Stay tuned!

Part-Timer

Ka-ka, ger-ard and ronald-o LOL

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by joetheref View Post
    Ka-ka, ger-ard and ronald-o LOL
    Made me laugh too And also "... Strange man."

Amateur

Great video GCB. Love the joke about Sundin and the Maple Leafs..

Amateur

intro:

VFB Rammstein

A club that although is newly formed, there is an aspect of history behind as the badge shows with the inclusion of the club slogan Nie Vergessen (translated: never forget) and the 88 reference which is also included on the badge and in the club nickname. These are tributes to the Rammstein air show disaster Flugtag '88 where 70 people lost their life, on what was a tragic day for the people of Rammstein, Germany.

Away from the historical aspect, the club is very much looking to the future with current stars such as Tim Cahill, Robin Van Persie and Carlos Tevez and future talents with Schmeichel, Macheda and Rodwell. Their is definatly an air of expectation and ambition around the Stadion des Großen.

Part-Timer

Boreham Badgers FC were formed by the now manager Joe Tompkins. Tompkins has managed the local youth team before, his greatest acheivement was leading the Boreham Under 8s to a victory. He met up with chairman Dimo Wache on a holiday to Mainz where Wache was still playing as a goalkeeper. The two quickly became friends and jumped at the chance to start up a football club. The team is focusing on the future with some very promising youngsters expected to come through the first team. The majority of these youngsters were part of the Arsenal youth team that won the FA Youth Cup, a team Tompkins admired.

Amateur

Didsbury Dynamos

Based in Manchester, Didsbury Dynamos have plenty of competition in local rivalry, with footballing giants such as Altrincham and Stalybridge nearby. The club was recently purchased by billionaire Herman Schmerman, much despised globally, who claims to have never done a days work in his life. However, Herman has endeared himself to Dynamo fans by appointing local legend Matt Ferguson as manager, who, as a player, reached over 500 appearances for the club, with a club-record 78 goals across his career. Despite these achievements, Ferguson is afflicted by schizophrenia, which causes him to think of himself as a famous French manager, and is often found roaming the streets of Manchester, telling people he didn't see it. Didsbury Dynamos are based in the imaginatively named South Manchester Stadium, built by one of Schmerman's many inherited companies, which has a 60000 person capacity. With superstars such as Iker Casillas, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Xavi Hernandez recently purchased, the Dynamos will surely be a force to be reckoned with in England and Europe.

Youth Team

Steel Panthers Set to Claw Up Premier League

Steel Panthers are one of the 24 new club sides being added to the top of the English leagues in time for the 2008-2009 season. Whilst the FA are keeping the reasons for the dissolution of all the Premier League clubs, plus 4 from the Championship under wraps for the moment, all we can do as Football journalists is speculate on how the new sides will do.

Fans eager to see their old heroes in the new sides will not be disappointed - the new clubs' squads are largely made up of former stars of the dissolved 24, plus a selection of foreign stars that everyone is looking forward to watching on these shores.

Steel Panthers are one of these new sides, playing at the newly constructed 70,000 all-seater Catnip Park. Those amongst you who are music fans will recognise the name from American mock-glam stars Steel Panther, who have decided to bankroll the side. Steel Panther also provide the chairman and manager, with singer Michael Starr experienced in the cut-throat world of the music business, and drummer Stix Zadinia a keen follower of world football.

Their squad is almost as impressive as their owners' haircuts - boasting Premier League stalwarts such as Jamie Carragher, Gareth Barry, Ricardo Carvalho, and Didier Drogba, as well as international recruits Zdravko Kuzmanovic and Gerard Pique - not to mention the enigmatic Robinho.

With plenty of money in the bank there is room to improve the squad, and with a lack of cover in midfield and at full-back, Zadinia will surely be dipping his toes in soon. Some of his budget will have to go into increasing their tiny wage budget, which is far too small for a club of their ambitions.

One thing is for sure, this is a club with the potential to reach the top of the pile not only in the future, but in the coming season too.

Likely Line-up (4-3-3):

GK: Shay Given
    DR: Habib Beye
    DL: Nadir Belhadj
    DC: Jamie Carragher
    DC: Ricardo Carvalho
    DM: Gareth Barry
    MC: Zdravko Kuzmanovic
    MC: Kevin Nolan
    AMR: Chinedu Obasi
    AML: Robinho
    ST: Didier Drogba
    SB1: Ishmael Miller
    SB2: Antonio Valencia
    SB3: Stuart Downing
    SB4: Matty Taylor
    SB5: Gerard Pique
    SB6: Emmanuel Pogatetz
    SB7: Diego Cavalieri

Article first appeared on Football366.com, by Cornwall Phillipson.

Reserves

Canadian Mighty Squirrels

The club, based in Toronto, was created by chairman Tom Canada and manager Ricky Nakano to 'promote and elevate the level of Canadian soccer'. The MLS club Toronto FC has missed the playoffs for 3 straight years, and the two diehard Canadian soccer fans decided to jump at the opportunity to create their own club and attract top talent from around the world. The main goal is to have a Canadian squad, but to compete, the club will have star players like US Tim Howard, along with talented Englishmen Ashley Cole and Glen Johnson at the back. Czech star Tomas Rosicky, Michael Essien, and English international Joe Cole will be part of the nucleus in the midfield, and Emmanual Adebayor and Robbie Keane will be up front.

While other clubs went to sign established players, the Squirrels of Mighty signed 8 youngsters which will definitely give the club depth and help them succeed in the present and the future. The Land of the Chestnuts will be an entertaining atmosphere and the players will only benefit.

Amateur

The Welsh Wizards are based in Swansea, Wales and boast star names such as David Silva and Vagner Love as well as potential stars such as Marek Suchy and Morgan Schneiderlin. They play at the White Rock Stadium which has a capacity of 42000. After recent investment from chairman Mitchell Williams, manager Ryan Lester should have plenty of money to further improve his squad. The Wizards have one of the finest youth setups in the country and have a youth training complex near the stadium. The Wizards usually operate in a 4-3-3 formation. The squad list is as follows:

Goalkeepers
    Paul Robinson
    Jamie Ashdown
    Hugo Lloris

Defenders
    Micah Richards
    Jose Enrique
    Nemanja Vidic
    Kamil Zayatte
    Vedran Corluka
    Marek Suchy
    Roger Johnson

Midfielders
    Samir Nasri
    Florent Malouda
    Joey Barton
    Andriy Arshavin
    Robert Koren
    David Silva
    Lucas
    Ross Wallace
    Ferrie Bodde
    John Obi Mikel
    Morgan Schneiderlin
    Giovanni Dos Santos

Strikers
    Dirk Kuyt
    Emile Heskey
    John Carew
    Vagner Love

The Wizards are expected to line up with the following team:

Lloris
    Richards-Vidic-Corluka-Enrique
    Lucas-Nasri-Mikel

Arshavin Silva
    Vagner Love

Youth Team

SPORTS.tv will bring you all the best action from the English Premier League, the Coca Cola Championship, the FA Cup, the League Cup and European competitions this season. Here is a brief look at the 24 new clubs who will be gracing the Premier League and Coca Cola Championship for the first time this season, their key men and their stars of the future that you need to watch out for.

Who will you be supporting?

SPORTS.tv – where we believe that football IS a matter of life and death.

Youth Team

BLACKTHORN ATHLETIC FC

CREATED BY: conners

COMPETITIONS: Premier League and UEFA Cup

NICKNAME: The Rose Bushes

KEY MEN: Francesco Totti, Rene Adler, Mathieu Bodmer

FUTURE STARS: Hatem Ben Arfa, Aaron Lennon

BOREHAM BADGERS FC

CREATED BY: joetheref

COMPETITIONS: Premier League

NICKNAME: The Badgers

KEY MEN: Andres Iniesta, Allesandro Del Piero, Rafael Marquez

FUTURE STARS: Aaron Ramsey, David N’Gog

BRENNAN UNITED FC

CREATED BY: hamilton162

NICKNAME: The Red Rebels

KEY MEN: Mauro Camoranesi, Anotoliy Tymoschuk, Michael Carrick

FUTURE STARS: Fabio, Goran Pandev

CANADIAN MIGHTY SQUIRRELS FC

CREATED BY: rancer890

COMPETITIONS: Coca Cola Championship

NICKNAME: Squirrels of Mighty

KEY MEN: Michael Essien, Ashley Cole, Emanuel Adebayor

FUTURE STARS: Moussa Sissoko, Nathan Delfouneso

Youth Team

COEDPOETH UNITED FC

CREATED BY: roberto922

NICKNAME: Coedy

KEY MEN: Petr Cech, Wayne Rooney, John Terry

FUTURE STARS: Fernandinho, Juan Manuel Mata

DIDSBURY DYNAMOES FC

CREATED BY: mattfergie

COMPETITIONS: Premier League and Champions League

NICKNAME: The Dynamoes

KEY MEN: Iker Casillas, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Xavi

FUTURE STARS: Jeremy Helan, Jack Wilshere

DISCWORLD FC

CREATED BY: magvest

NICKNAME: The Discs

KEY MEN: David Villa, Dimitar Berbatov, Jeremy Toulalan

FUTURE STARS: Daniel Sturridge, Marouane Fellaini

ESSENDON FC

CREATED BY: MarkyMark

NICKNAME: The Bombers

KEY MEN: Lionel Messi, Miroslav Klose, Pepe

FUTURE STARS:Igor Akinfeev, Kieran Gibbs

Youth Team

ESSEX EAGLES FC

CREATED BY: jack.browne

NICKNAME: The Eagles

KEY MEN: Philippe Mexes, Marek Hamsik, Guillermo Ochoa

FUTURE STARS: Mario Balotelli, Carlos Vela

FANGHUNTERS FC

CREATED BY: Thefanghunter

NICKNAME: The Predators

KEY MEN: Cristiano Ronaldo, Kaka, Steven Gerrard

FUTURE STARS: Steve Mandanda, Gabriel Agbonlahor

GNOME’ANIA UNITED FC

CREATED BY: 5ergio

NICKNAME: The Gnomes

KEY MEN: Esteban Cambiasso, Deco, Owen Hargreaves

FUTURE STARS: Asmir Begovic, Hulk

INLAND VALLEY HAWKS FC

CREATED BY: Coasterkoa

NICKNAME: The Hawks

KEY MEN: Alberto Aquilani, Paul Scholes, Karim Benzema

FUTURE STARS: Gareth Bale, Miguel Veloso

Youth Team

ISLE OF MAN METROS FC

CREATED BY: super_lampard

NICKNAME: Metros

KEY MEN: Daniele De Rossi, Sergio Ramos, Luca Toni

FUTURE STARS: Ryan Shawcross, Charles N’Zogbia

JOGA BONITOS JUNIORS CF

CREATED BY: whitehead.10

NICKNAME: Joga Juniors

KEY MEN: Diego, Gomes, Martin Skrtel

FUTURE STARS: Joe Mattock, Cristian Zapata

LONDON TITANS FC

CREATED BY: SJ234

NICKNAME: Thames Warriors

KEY MEN: Mirko Vucinic, Nicolas Anelka, Riccardo Montolivo

FUTURE STARS: Sergio Asenjo, John Bostock

MELBOURNE FC

CREATED BY: Striker475

NICKNAME: The Demons

KEY MEN: Gianluigi Buffon, Ronaldinho, Sergio Aguero

FUTURE STARS:Eduardo, Joe Hart

Youth Team

NEW BLOC FC

CREATED BY: bergtaur

NICKNAME: The Bloc

KEY MEN: Rio Ferdinand, Javier Mascherano, Patrice Evra

FUTURE STARS: Pato, Fabian Delph

NORTHERN EXTREME FC

CREATED BY: NorthermLights

NICKNAME: The Borealis

KEY MEN: Frank Lampard, Fernando Torres, Edwin Van Der Sar

FUTURE STARS: Mamadou Sakho, Jose Baxter

QUEENSLAND ORIGIN FC

CREATED BY: Pluckaduck

NICKNAME: The Maroons

KEY MEN: Wesley Sneijder, David Trezeguet, Martin Demichellis

FUTURE STARS: Gael Clichy, Tom Huddlestone

SAFFRON UNITED FC

CREATED BY: apnelson

NICKNAME: The Sharks

KEY MEN: Franck Ribery, Adrian Mutu, Giorgio Chiellini

FUTURE STARS: Savio, Lauri Dalla Valle

Youth Team

STEEL PANTHERS FC

CREATED BY: SnakeXe

NICKNAME: The Steel

KEY MEN: Ricardo Carvalho, Robinho, Didier Drogba

FUTURE STARS: Adam Lallana, Zdravan Kuzmanovic

TIBBOLINI FC

CREATED BY: 19992008

NICKNAME: The Mad Hatters

KEY MEN: Samuel Eto’o, Andrea Pirlo, Nigel de Jong

FUTURE STARS: Franco Di Santo, Stefan Radu

VfB RAMMSTEIN

CREATED BY: RUFC4eva

NICKNAME: The 88ers

KEY MEN: Carlos Tevez, Robin Van Persie, Tim Cahill

FUTURE STARS: Claudio Marchisio, Jack Rodwell

WELSH WIZARDS FC

CREATED BY: I\’mTheRulerOfAllTheWorld

NICKNAME: The Wizards

KEY MEN: Nemanja Vidic, Vagner Love, David Silva

FUTURE STARS: Giovanni Dos Santos, Marek Suchy

Amateur

Team: JOGA BONITOS JUNIORS C.F.
    Owner/creator: Whitehead.10

Club Information:
    Current League (‘09 Season): Championship
    Founded: Last Week
    Ground: Terra Firma
    (Capacity: 50,000)
    Bank Balance - £100,000,000
    Transfer Budget - £65,000,000
    Wage Budget - 500,000 per week (currently used tba)
    Manager: Ben Flash
    Chairman: Money Bags

Honours:
    League:
    Premier League:
    N/A
    Championship:
    Champions: Pending - 2009/10

Cup:
    FA Cup:
    Winners: N/A
    Runners-up: N/A

League Cup:
    N/A

Squad
    Goalkeepers – Gomes, Kuszak, Haber and Neuer

Defenders - Joe Mattock, Andy Wilkinson, Andy Dawson, Jason Shackel, Distin, Senderos, Skrtel and Zapata

Midfielders - Whittingham, Randall, Cleaverley, Greening, Montgomery, Ireland, Dempsey, Gilberto and Diego

Strikers - Kevin Davies, Michael Chopra, Utaka, Giovinco and Andy Keogh

Media Prediction;
    The local papers have rated their chances highly but nation press have rated them to finish 4th and maybe even lower if they fail to keep on to key men such as brazilian Deigo, who will want to be playing a higher standard of football.
    Yet they do have a few good players especially for championship level and with the right management they could be a force in this league, as £65million is a lot for anyones standards
    Last edited by whitehead.10; 30-10-2009 at 18:19.

Amateur

Tibbolini FC were formed in 2008 by current chairman Mustapha Mbeywi. Having arrived from Nigeria, it was his ambitious intention to form a football club and take them to the top. He hired the services of Mike Bassett as manager, who some may remember from his fabled England days. Together they plan to make Tibbolini FC one of the main forces of english football. It has been Mike Bassett's claim that they shall look to entertain and win in style which has been backed up by having players such as Andrea Pirlo and Samuel Eto'o.
    Tibbolini FC are a club on the up, BEWARE.

Amateur

Hawks Eye Success in Re-Formed Premier League

By: Yusuf Bernard, Press Enterprise

Premier League fever grows more and more with the anticipation of the new season drawing near. Nowhere is this more evident than in the Inland Empire, where local eccentric billionaire Andy Heston has pulled together international stars to form a team known as Inland Valley Hawks FC. Even with stars like Karim Benzema and Miguel Veloso on the books, Heston has stated he wishes to continue to improve the squad, and will provide manager Henry Bosschaart with the necessary transfer money should he wish to make a splash into the transfer market.

They will start their history playing at the magnificent Harveston Field, which has a capacity of 42000. Looking at the ground, you can see that no expense was spared to elevate the training facilities and stadium to be among the best in the world. Across the road from the stadium sits the Hawks Academy, which according to Heston, “is bar none the best facility in the world.” His focus is on youth development as a long term goal for the team, much like what was seen with the now defunct Arsenal FC.

Dutch-American manager Henry Bosschaart has been brought in to guide this new team to success. Bosschaart is most notable for being a part of the U.S. National team that qualified for the 1990 World Cup, the nation’s first in 40 years. Though his coaching experience is minimal, Heston has put his full faith in him to guide the team to success.

The star power will be out in force at Harveston Stadium come the start of the season, and chairman, fans, and manager alike are expecting a high finish in the Premier League.

Youth Team

Loving the press releases and introductions chaps. Feel free to post things like this at any time - they make this more than just numbers and letters on a computer game. It would be great to see some characters other than Sid Smash, Rachel Rapid et al involved!

The database is now complete and the FM2009 game can be started. Good luck to all of you!

p.s. This message is sponsored by SPORTS.tv - the channel that believes football IS more than life and death!

Third Team

Queensland Origin FC hope to continue Legacy

By: Steve Hitsterrer: Wide World of Sports

Six years ago, the Queensland Origin Rugby League team were in tatters. Had a very poor run of results against rivals New South Wales, There were rifts within the side and a golden generation of stars, the likes of Lockyer, Hodges, Hunt looked to have passed them by.

But, when there is sport, there is hope. Over the next 5 years, Queensland were absolutely dominant. With the likes of Inglis, Folau, Smith, Thurston absoltely dominating, there seemed to be no challenge no more. Queensland were simply too good for State of Origin football.

Then a man by the name of Frank Lowy come along. He had an idea, that would absolutely revolutionise Australian Football. He decided that some of the AFL and NRL's best teams would be making a transition that nobody ever predicted would be possible. On January 1, 2008, Essendon FC, Melbourne FC and Queensland Origin FC made what seemed the impossible move. They switched from being football powerhouses, to 'Soccer' clubs battling for survival.

Queensland have been entered into both the Premier League and the Champions League for the first season. They've recruited a brilliant defence, got a few stars in the midfield like former Real Madrid star Wesley Sneijder and it will be the role of David Trezeguet to score the goals up front.

Queensland play out of the 20,000 seater Suncorp Stadium and are likely to have an entire state of 4 million people on their side.

Mon the Maroons!!

Youth Team

Remember to check out the latest SPORTS.tv video for all the latest football news.

As the Free Transfer deadline approached, many clubs were desperate to extend their squads and ensure that they would make as good a start to the new season as they could. Here is a round-up of the deals that were sealed before the deadline.

These have already been reported but to remind you:

Essex Eagles: Anderson, Alex, Theo Walcott, Emanuel Eboue, Jo, Carlos Vela, Darren Fletcher and Pablo Zabaleta.

Didsbury Dynamoes: Damien Duff, Valeri Bojinov, Pascal Chimbonda, Armand Traore, Jack Wilshere, Mark Beevers, Jeremy Helan, Michael Johnson.

Discworld: John O'Shea, Niklas Bendtner, Xisco, Yohann Djourou, James Morrison, Albert Riera, Jermaine Pennant, Daniel Sturridge.

Northern Extreme: Michael Mancienne, Rafael, Jose Baxter, Julien Faubert, Jamie O'Hara, Denilson, Joe Ledley, Havard Nordtveit.

Saffron United: Fabio Aurelio, Park Ji-Sung, Michael Ballack, Djibril Cisse, Savio, Lauri Dalla Valle, Dan Gosling, Alex Song.

Canadian Mighty Squirrels: Giles Barnes, Nathan Delfouneso, Michael Potts, Rhys Murphy, Michael Woods, Fraizer Campbell, Matt Derbyshire, Henri Lansbury.

Brennan United: Stuart Taylor, Paulo Ferreira, Zoran Tosic, Matt Etherington, Michael Carrick, Fabio, Ched Evans, Nedum Onuoha.

Joga Bonitos Juniors: Joe Mattock, Phillippe Senderos, Michael Chopra, Mark Randall, Tom Cleverley, Peter Whittingham, Tomasz Kuszczak, Belletti.

Welsh Wizards: Ferrie Bodde, John Obi Mikel, Giovanni dos Santos, Lucas, Morgan Schneiderlin, Roger Johnson, Ross Wallace, Fitz Hall.

In addition to these, here are the other free transfers completed ahead of today’s deadline:

Tibbolini: Brett Pitman, Warren Feeney, Wade Elliott, Gareth Stewart, Steve Fletcher, Max Gradel.

New Bloc: Fabian Delph, Jonny Evans, Michael Turner, Federico Macheda.

London Titans: Danny Welbeck, John Bostock, Fran Merida, Nacer Barazite, Kyle Bartley, Kriztian Nemeth, Dean Bouzanis, Billy Jones.

Coedpoeth United: Victor Moses, Iain Turner.

Essendon: Kieran Gibbs, Marcus Griffiths.

Steel Panthers: Adam Lallana, Hans Vuckic, Ben Tozer, Tony Hibbert.

Gnome’ania United: Jordan Spence, Tamas Kadar, Gael Nlundula, Alex Nimely-Tchuimeni, Asmir Begovic, Gauthier Mahoto, Adam Pepper.

Blackthorn Athletic: Tomasz Kupisz, Tomasz Cywka, Andy Van Der Meyde, Jermaine Beckford, Scott Sinclair, Aaron Lennon, Jason Roberts.

Melbourne: Emiliano Insua, Matt Jarvis, Robbie Fowler, Cacapa, Carl Ikeme, Zesh Rehman, Shane Long, Rob Hulse.

Boreham Badgers: Vito Mannone, Sanchez Watt, Francis Coquelin, Kelvin Etuhu, Paris Cowan-Hall.

VfB Rammstein: Kasper Schmeichel, Jack Rodwell, Andy Carroll, Adam Johnson, Wilfred Bouma, Kevin-Prince Boateng, Jermaine Jenas, Andriy Voronin.

Remember that SPORTS.tv will be the first with all the news from your club. Stay tuned!

Third Team

Here we go

Part-Timer

NEW BLOC LOOK TO TAKE DEFENSE TO THE TOP

New Bloc F.C. is a new football club from Eastern Europe ready to take over the new look Premier League. Owned by Russian Billionaire Tomik Chehachkov, the squad believes in the idea of the old Iron Curtain. The team is very strong in the back, and will be looking to attack on the counter. The squad will play in beautiful Google International Stadium and will be looking to play a dirty style of football.

We were able to catch up with New Bloc manager Danilo Uljarevic after he caught the sports.tv airing of the Premier League preview show. Needless to say he was not in a great mood.

"Who does this Smash character think he is? Calling us out as boring and unimaginative, saying that it is a disgrace for the network to be covering our games. I will not be outfoxed in the media by a commoner. My father was a trained Spetsnaz operative who is the toughest man, I've ever met. He taught me to be mentally tough and I guarantee that if Smash, or any other member of this so called sports.tv staff try to run over my team, there will be trouble."

No word yet from Chairman Chehachkov

Amateur

lovin the videos gcb, keep it up. Cant believe i picked the wrong petrov

Amateur

GCB what sort of time can we expect this tomorrow?

Amateur

Trailblazing - Melbourne FC takes on England

Following the dissolution of Sheffield Utd, the club that was now the world's oldest of any footballing code saw an opportunity. The Melbourne Football Club had recent famed financial difficulties, exemplified by chairman Jim Stynes' "Debt Demolition" campaign for the club in Australia. With the club's debt now resolved, Stynes saw an opportunity for the future of the club. Rather than sit on their laurels as key Australian Rules clubs, such as Collingwood or Essendon, seize the potential financial windfalls of a future in English football, Melbourne went ahead and made their own bid. Funded by local businessmen (most notably Australia's second-richest man, Frank Lowy, and trucking magnate Lindsay Fox) the Melbourne Football Club took control of one of the four Coca-Cola Championship clubs, as they did not meet the funding requirements for an EPL club.

Young chairman Jack Brenner was given the chairmanship of Melbourne FC's English elements, while lifelong Melbourne FC supporter Zac Smith was given the post of manager. The future looks bright for the Demons once again.

Author's note: Whoops, wrong interview name. That said, long history is virtually totally true, up until the foundation of the English club
    Last edited by Striker475; 31-10-2009 at 00:20.

Third Team

Jack Watts as chairman??? destined to fail

Jim Stynes ftw!!!

Third Team

Through to the next round of UEFA Cup qualifying

Youth Team

Hang on. Issues. How come I cannot view some matches afterwards?

I want to be able to view the highlights of a game after it has been played but I can't ... Wh would this be?

Youth Team

Have deleted previous news posts as I am going to have to start again. Apologies for any inconveniences. GCB

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Greasy Chip Butty View Post
    Hang on. Issues. How come I cannot view some matches afterwards?

I want to be able to view the highlights of a game after it has been played but I can't ... Wh would this be?
    You got them on full detail?

Amateur

Northern Extreme FC

It’s the eve of inaugural season for football’s biggest league and today we are going to take a look at Northern Extreme! We have exclusive behind the scenes access and the chance to speak to the chairman, the manager and the players!

Northern Extreme set the cat amongst the pigeons when millionaire Chairman Kerry Cash announced he would be taking his team North of the Border to Scotland when it was announced the League would be reformed – Celtic and Rangers were livid that they had missed the opportunity to play weekly against the best, as Kerry said,

“Some people have great dreams others make their dreams reality! We are really looking forward to this - the challenge, the opportunity- the prospect of going head to head week in week out with the best. ”

Northern Extreme’s surroundings are certainly among the best with a state of the art academy and youth facility and the jewel of the North the Aurora Stadium. Kerry Cash will be hoping his stars can fill all 42,000 seats when the opposition comes to town.
    And the opposition will be tough. So we asked Kodaly McMaster (pronounced Kodai) how he felt about his fellow managers.

“This lot won’t know what’s hit them. The game isn’t just won on the pitch the battle starts before the whistle, - the day before – no earlier than that it starts at the final whistle for the previous match, then you start to think about the next lot. I will be very competitive with my fellow managers when it comes to any mind games – I’m a Scotsman and I’m canny!”

Strong words from a determined man there. But what about the team, a group of athletes with a common purpose; to be the best.

We got a few quick words with some of the players when they took a break from training

So Fernando Torres what are your thoughts on Northern Extreme?

“Brrr its sooo cold. I hear the polar bears up here steal your jumpers to keep warm. Cojonitos”

err and the football?

“ We win”

Next up was Wayne Bridge. We asked Wayne about the mix in the squad, from Edwin Van der Sar, Toure, Denilson and Torres to Kilgallon, Sharp and Markus Bent how do you think they’ll mix?

“ It’s great we got experience, youth, skill, guile ”

Bu the final word goes to Kodaly McMaster

“ We are coming to play. With Speed, Strength and Tenacity”

The Squad
    GKs Edwin van der Sar, Pascal Zuberbuhler, Samir Handanovic
    Defenders Phil Neville, Wayne Bridge, Kolo Toure, Matthew Kilgallon, Mohammad Sakho , Javi Garrido, , Havard Nordtveit, Michael Mancienne, Rafael,
    Midfielders Sean Davis, Jose Baxter, Julien Faubert, Lassana Diarra, Jonas Gutierrez, Nani, Jamie O'Hara, Denilson, Joe Ledley, Frank Lampard, Michael Brown.
    Attackers Fernando Torres, Antonio Cassano, Billy Sharp, Markus Bent

Youth Team

Right, have had to make some tough decisions but I have a workable plan.

I need to take charge of a Premiership and a Championship club to be able to view highlights of Championship/Premiership matches. Thats easy in the Championship as only 4 of the teams are created ones. However, its a problem in the Premiership where there are no spare teams. Unfortunately, that means that I need to move a created team into the Championship to make way for a team I can control. The fifth lowest reputation during set-up was VfB RAMMSTEIN so I'm sorry RUFC4eva but your team is going to be in the Championship instead of the Premiership. I will 'promote' Sheffield Wednesday into the Premiership for me to take control of so I can see highlights of other Premier League games. I won't do anything with Wednesday except leave it to their Assistant Manager and use the holiday button so I'm not affecting anything - and if there has got to be a team in the Premiership getting butt-raped every week, I might as well have fun and make it Wednesday!

In the Championship, I will control Barnsley - horrible little club - in the same way so I can see Championship highlights.

When I did the database, I freed every player in the game so the other clubs in the game have NO players. This led to some very strange results (10-0, 12-1) in the Championship and this is a little silly. So I am going to give each Championship club their first eleven players and their managers back where possible to give them a starting point. They will fill their squads with free transfers. Seeing as Barnsley and Wednesday won't be signing players (I'm controlling them remember) I am going to give them a starting squad of 20.

It all makes sense to me!

Apologies again to RUFC4eva but I have no choice if I want to make this sign-up as good as I want to make it. I need highlights so I need a Premiership team to control so you have t drop. Hope you understand!

GCB/Andy

Amateur

need to edit mine to finishing 5th lol
    oh well - lets get this show on the road

Youth Team

FRIDAY AUGUST 8TH 2008

On the eve of a brand new season, SPORTS.tv is here to bring you bang up to date with all the comings and goings, the results and injuries as twenty-four new clubs launch their assault on the English Football League. With the Premier League starting in eight days time, the focus today turns onto the Championship which kicks off tomorrow and the League Cup which starts in midweek.

CANADIAN MIGHTY SQUIRRELS:

Pre Season High: Brighton 0-5 Squirrels

Pre Season Low: Squirrels 2-2 Sampdoria

Championship Starting Fixture: Watford (a)

League Cup Round 1: Peterborough (a)

New Signings: Cristian Zaccardo, Barry Robson, Antonio Di Natale, Gabriel Heinze

Team News:
    - Diego Alves and Vincent Kompany away at Olympics
    - Emanuel Adebayor, 1 day, Hamstring
    - Joe Cole, 1 day, Bruised Thigh
    - Barry Robson, 7 days, Hamstring
    - Tomas Rosicky, 9 months, Hamstring

FANGHUNTERS:

Pre Season High: Millwall 0-5 Fanghunters

Pre Season Low: Leyton Orient 0-3 Fanghunters

Championship Starting Fixture: Joga Bonitos Juniors (h)

League Cup Round 1: Bristol Rovers (h)

New Signings: Kieran Richardson, David Beckham, Gojko Kacar, Manuel Fernandes

Team News:
    - Cristiano Ronaldo, 5 weeks, Ankle Ligaments
    - Kaka, 6 weeks, Knee
    - Kieran Richardson, 4 weeks, Fractured Ribs

JOGA BONITOS JUNIORS:

Pre Season High: Joga Juniors 1-0 River Plate

Pre Season Low: Santos Laguna 0-1 Joga Juniors

Championship Starting Fixture: Fanghunters (a)

League Cup Round 1: Brentford (a)

New Signings: Ryan Taylor

Team News:
    - Manuel Neuer, 5 weeks, Broken Foot
    - Cristian Zapata, 6 weeks, Broken Cheekbone
    - Phillippe Senderos, 4 weeks, Hamstring

MELBOURNE:

Pre Season High: Northampton 0-2 Melbourne

Pre Season Low: Kettering 2-3 Melbourne

Championship Starting Fixture: Burnley (a)

League Cup Round 1: Leyton Orient (a)

New Signings: Christian Romaric, Stephane Sessegnon, Alberto Gilardino, Steven Davis

Team News:
    - Emiliano Insua away at Olympics
    - Christian Romaric, 3 days, Strained Neck
    - John Heitinga, 5 days, Hamstring
    - Glen Little, 2 weeks, Groin
    - Erik Edman, 3 months, Knee Ligaments
    - Eduardo, 6 months, Broken Leg

VfB RAMMSTEIN:

Pre Season High: Southampton 1-4 Rammstein

Pre Season Low: Barnet 1-1 Rammstein

Championship Starting Fixture: Charlton (a)

League Cup Round 1: Gillingham (h)

New Signings: Steve Defour, Jerome Boateng, Mancini, Ricardo Quaresma, Carlos Marchena, Maxwell

Team News:
    - Steven Defour, Breno and Claudio Marchisio away at Olympics
    - Tim Cahill, 6 weeks, Broken Foot
    - Steven Pienaar, 2 months, Broken Foot

OTHER TRANSFERS - INCOMING:

COEDPOETH UNITED – Lucho Gonzalez, Yury Zhirkov

LONDON TITANS – Rafael Van Der Vaart, Diego Forlan

NEW BLOC – Eric Abidal, Rodrigo Taddei, Yoann Gourcuff, Angelo Palumbo

NORTHERN EXTREME – Raul Tamudo, Daniel Alves, Luis Fabiano, Clarence Seedorf, Axel Witsel, Mauro Zarate, Jose Antonio Reyes, Ever Banega

STEEL PANTHERS – Marcos Senna

TIBBOLINI – Maicon, Arjen Robben

WELSH WIZARDS – Gennaro Gattuso, Bordon

OTHER TRANSFERS - OUTGOING:

BOREHAM BADGERS – Paris Cowan-Hall (Loan to Hereford United for season)

NORTHERN EXTREME – Havard Nordtveit (Loan to Coventry City for season)

UEFA CUP QUALIFIERS:

Sivasspor 1-2 Essex Eagles (Jo 2)
    Essex Eagles 5-0 Sivasspor (Yobo, Vela, Jo, Milner, Nevland – 7-1 agg)

In 2nd Qualifying Round, Essex Eagles will meet Pelister (Macedonia) whilst Blackthorn Athletic will face Legia Warsaw (Poland).

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE QUALIFIERS:

The draw for the Final Champions League Qualifying Round has been made. Didsbury Dynamoes will face Standard Liege (Belgium) and Discworld meet Artmedia Bratislava (Slovakia) for a place in the Champions League Group Stages.

COMING UP:

SPORTS.tv SATURDAY brings you all the action from the first day of the Championship as we follow the fortunes of VfB Rammstein, Melbourne and the Canadian Mighty Squirrels on their first day in the Championship season. We’ll also have the results of all the other games played.

FOLLOWING THAT:

SPORTS.tv CHAMPIONSHIP LIVE brings you it’s first live action of the season as Fanghunters and Joga Bonitos Juniors meet at Stadium: Siberia.

AND AS EVER:

Stay tuned to SPORTS.tv NEWS for the Community Shield result between Queensland Origin and Saffron United, all the latest transfer news, the manager opinions and the best build-up to the Premier League season. You’ll only catch it on SPORTS.tv – where football is a matter of life and death!
    Last edited by Greasy Chip Butty; 31-10-2009 at 11:27.

Amateur

Can't wait for the Bonitos clash, should be a good game since Kaka and Ronaldo are injured. Good to see the stars haven't left yet.

Third Team

Looking good GCB, keep it up

Part-Timer

Can anyone see Gnome'ania United's intro here as I can't see it even though I'm pretty sure I posted when the forum gone crazy

Hopefully this post will not get lost or anything just like the other one

--- FBM Weekly ---

Audrey:
    Hello there FBM Weekly watchers. Today's programme will start with a quick introduction of the one of the new teams in EPL, the Gnome'ania United. We have one of the first copies of the clubs official monthly magazine. Now we'll leave you with the chairman Mr. Gonzaléz's introduction words and after that Sam will talk about the stadium, Arcane Arena.

Sergio Gonzaléz: I welcome all the football fans in the world to Arcane Arena. We have set our foot in EPL to bring a new joy to the football, the most entertaning game that we love. The Gnomes is built around the motto "Physics doesn't exist, its all gnomes." Jokes aside, we believe that it is the little details that matter most in every aspect of life, especially in football. For a footballer for example, the lifestyle you have, the people you meet, the decisions you made on the pitch, they all have the same degree of effect in the outcome, that is good football! So what you can expect from us as GUFC is we'll be heavily involved with tiny bits of the club and we'll plan accordingly for the future. I'd also like to thank the Top 2 Bottom management for giving us the opportunity here.

Sam: Mr. Gonzaléz seems excited with his speech in the magazine. To be honest, I'm more excited than him seeing all these brand new 24 teams in English Football. We'll be enjoying a few good years of entertainment with this innovative idea, that's for sure. Let's have a look at the info card of Arcane Arena and the club facilites:

Voice Over ----

Stadium Name: Arcane Arena

Capacity: 30000

Year Built: 2008

A lovely and compact stadium with mid-range capacity and under-soil heating for those cold days of Northern England. The stands are colored in the teams color, white mostly with red stripes here and there. We can see the dragon portrayed in the badge in the northern stand. Also, the teams nickname 'The Gnomes' are painted to the East Stand. Yes, that nickname can be seen while you are flying over Arcane Arena. The club facilites is fantastic for the players and the youth here. Young Gnomes Academy is a place that can be seen as an example to all the other clubs in the region. The young stars have a great opportunity here to improve their future. The main team also has excellent facilities. You can see the reserves doing a half pitch press training where as the first 11 is training on the main pitch on the tactical moves. It looks like a factory from above here. (Footage of the stadium and the nearby facilites taken from a FBM Weekly copter 5 days ago.)

Sam: Lastly, let's inform the fans about the ticket prices. As we have heard from the Board, the ticket prices will be changing for different groups of fans but the average is expected to be around £25-£30. Also, you can get a season ticket for £440 and forget the hassle for the whole year while enjoying The Gnomes in Arcane Arena. That's it for our quick introduction of the new club, Gnome'ania United. We may as well go on and make detailed programs about The Gnomes in the future. Stay tuned.

Audrey: Just as Sam said, stay tuned FBM followers. And before we change the topic to the weekly news on football, basketball & motorsports, let me wrap up Arcane Arena with a classic line: "This is where magic happens!"

Sam: (laughs) OK now, on to F1 news.

P.S: Also any idea how I can get those little pins in the right side of the subscribed topics? The pins are gone for some reason.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by 5ergio View Post
    Can anyone see Gnome'ania United's intro here as I can't see it even though I'm pretty sure I posted when the forum gone crazy
    I saw at one point yesterday - when it all went wappy - that you had posted the newest comment but when I loaded the page, it wasn't there. I bet it is randomly in some thread about FM10 Training or FM10 Installation somwhere with the other forum users wondering who this complete barmpot, 5ergio, is talking about his gnomes and stuff ...

Youth Team

Sponsored by www.xtranormal.com - the online video creator.

From time to time, you may receive a PM asking you some interview questions. If you do, please PM me the answers as soon as possible. This is likely to be ahead of Live TV games and sometimes after games and will be used in the SPORTS.tv NEWS sections of the game. Thanks.

Third Team

Brilliant job GCB, really enjoying this so far!!

Third Team

Brennan FC are a professional club based in Manchester, England, and named after the legendary CSE Forum Striker Bernard Brennan, who is the owner and chairman.

Nicknamed “The Red Rebels” or “Red Army”, the team play at the Brennan Arena, with a capacity of 45,000, in the Premier League under the management of John Puckett, Brennan’s fellow legend at FC United. They have some of the best training and youth facilities in the world.

Although they don’t posses the strongest starting squad in the division, they do have world class talents of Jens Lehmann, Mauro Camoranesi, Michael Carrick and Goran Pandev to add some talent to a fairly ordinary team. They do also have some up and coming stars such as Fabio and Ched Evans in their ranks, which indicates that the club may have a promising future!

Youth Team

WELCOME TO SPORTS.tv SATURDAY - SATURDAY AUGUST 9TH 2008
    Hosted by Dan White

DW: It’s the day that thousands of people have been looking forward to for months as the domestic English season kicks off today with the Championship taking centre stage and five new clubs looking to cause a big splash in their first appearance in England. Two of them – Fanghunters and Joga Bonitos Juniors – face each other in our LIVE evening game whilst the other three face established Championship clubs in their first games. We’ve also got reports from the Community Shield as Saffron United and Queensland Origin meet at Wembley in their most competitive pre-season friendly as they prepare for the start of the Premier League season next Saturday.

Joining me in the studio today, let me introduce my reporters: former Arsenal and England midfielder SAUL MEARSON, the former Liverpool player with the huge hooter – BILL THOMASON, former Scottish and Celtic striker CHARLES KNICKERS and former Southampton legend, MATT LE TEASER.

Welcome to you all. Which games are you following today?

SM: I’m at Wembley, Dan, for the Community Shield match between Saffron United and Queensland Origin. United are missing six players with Tim Krul away at the Olympics and Paul McShane, Alex Song, Michael Ballack, Franck Ribery and Giorgio Chiellini all injured. Origin will be without Martin Demichellis and Wesley Sneijder who are both out injured. It could be a close match and I wouldn’t be surprised to see Extra Time and Penalties needed today, Dan.

BT: I’m at Turf Moor to see the opening Championship match of the season between Burnley and Melbourne. Melbourne have six players missing but are still favourites to win today and I can’t see them slipping up.

CK: I’m at The Valley as Charlton Athletic look to give VfB Rammstein a rough ride in their first Championship match. With five players out for VfB, this could be a close contest and Charlton could surprise people today. I think there could be a score draw on the cards.

MLT: It’s a similar story for me, Dan. I’m at Vicarage Road and am expecting Watford to make things very difficult for the Canadian Mighty Squirrels on their Championship debut. It’ll be close but I think the Squirrels will have just enough to secure a win today.

DW: Thanks chaps. Some breaking news ahead of today’s games as more transfers are coming in to us all the time. JUNINHO PERNAMBAUCHO will make his debut for CANADIAN MIGHTY SQUIRRELS today after signing this morning. Our live game later is between Fanghunters and Joga Bonitos Juniors and both sides could have new signings on debut: FANGHUNTERS have secured a deal for DIEGO GODIN whilst JOGA BONITOS JUNIORS have signed DEMY DE ZEEUW ahead of the game. News is just reaching us that the legendary RAUL will be playing in this year’s Premier League as well with LONDON TITANS announcing the deal today. Finally for now, INLAND VALLEY HAWKS have announced the capture of GUTI ahead of the new season. Join us after the break for the kick offs and reports from today’s games.

DW: Ladies and Gentlemen, it is official. The Coca Cola Championship season has kicked off and football is back. We’ve got three main games from the Championship today as well as the Community Shield from Wembley for our experts to focus on. Will there be any early goals?

DW: Early goal in the Community Shield at Wembley – just four minutes on the clock. Saul?

SM: Yes, a goal on just four minutes Dan. Corner on the left for Queensland taken by Martin Petrov and headed home by DAVE KITSON from six yards. SAFFRON 0-1 QUEENSLAND

MLT: GOAAAALLLLL!

DW: Over to Vicarage Road, goal in the Championship.

MLT: Lovely goal for the Mighty Squirrels, Dan. Glen Johnson out wide on the right lofted the ball in, keeper made a bit of a mess but MICHAEL ESSIEN heads home. WATFORD 0-1 SQUIRRELS

DW: He doesn’t get many headers but Michael Essien has put the Squirrels in front on 10 minutes. There’s a goal at Turf Moor. Who’s got it?

BT: Melbourne are up and running Dan. Brilliant run from Sergio Aguero down the right and he chipped the ball to the far post for PAUL SCHARNER to bury the header. BURNLEY 0-1 MELBOURNE

DW: Back to Wembley, a second goal. An equaliser for Saffron United?

SM: Sadly not – it’s a second goal for Queensland and a second goal for DAVE KITSON. Through ball from Tom Huddlestone and he raced away and slotted home to make it SAFFRON 0-2 QUEENSLAND

DW: It looks as if the first silverware of the season is heading for the Suncorp Stadium. Let’s have a look at the half time scores.

COMMUNITY SHIELD
    Saffron United 0-2 Queensland Origin

COCA COLA CHAMPIONSHIP
    Burnley 0-1 Melbourne
    Charlton Athletic 0-0 VfB Rammstein
    Watford 0-1 Canadian Mighty Squirrels
    DW: Join us for the second halves after the break.
    Last edited by Greasy Chip Butty; 31-10-2009 at 15:32.

Youth Team

WELCOME BACK TO SPORTS.tv SATURDAY - SATURDAY AUGUST 9TH 2008
    Hosted by Dan White

DW: Substitution at Vicarage Road, Matt?

MLT: Canadian Mighty Squirrel’s new signing Juninho Pernambaucho has gone off injured, Borja Valero on to replace him for the second half.

DW: And an injury at Wembley as well, Saul?

SM: More bad news for Saffron United as Djibril Cisse goes off injured. He will be replaced by Kevin Phillips.

DW: And a goal at Vicarage Road now. Matt Le Teaser ...

MLT: Another headed goal Dan and it is now 2-0 to the Squirrels. Another Glen Johnson cross and this time it was ANTONIO DI NATALE who rose to head home. WATFORD 0-2 SQUIRRELS

DW: Looks like the Mighty Squirrels are comfortably heading for a debut three points. What about VfB Rammstein? The deadlock has been broken at The Valley ...

CK: Terrible mistake by the Charlton goalkeeper Dan has allowed WILSON PALACIOS the chance to score into an empty net. First goal for VfB Rammstein. CHARLTON 0-1 VfB RAMMSTEIN

DW: And an injury Charles?

CK: Yes, Dan. Rammstein defender Maxwell has gone off injured and is replaced by Paul Robinson.

DW: Second goal at Turf Moor.

BT: And what a cracker it is Dan. Good work by Gilardino and Ronaldinho in the Burnley area and the ball laid back to NICKY SHOREY who smashed the ball into the top corner from 20 yards. BURNLEY 0-2 MELBOURNE

DW: Definitely a goal worth seeing on TV tonight. A third goal at Wembley. Are Saffron United back in the game Saul?

SM: Sorry Dan, they’re not. Queensland Origin have got one hand on the Community Shield thanks to a third goal from DAVID HEALY. A lovely one-two with Kitson and he tucks home from twelve yards. SAFFRON 0-3 QUEENSLAND

DW: Back to Vicarage Road and Matt ...

MLT: Game over here too, Dan. For the third time today, a headed goal for the Canadian Mighty Squirrels. This time it was from Valero’s corner and was headed home by ROBBIE KEANE. Game over. WATFORD 0-3 SQUIRRELS

DW: Terrible defending from the Hornets. Back to Wembley – a glimmer of hope for Saffron United.

SM: Just a glimmer, Dan. Jack Collison cuts the ball back from the left touchline to that man, in the right place, at the right time, KEVIN PHILLIPS smashes it home. SAFFRON 1-3 QUEENSLAND

DW: Another goal at Vicarage Road in injury time. Matt?

MLT: The chants of ‘We are top of the League’ are ringing out from the away end now Dan. It’s a fourth goal for the Squirrels. Matt Derbyshire knocks the ball into ROBBIE KEANE’s feet, edge of the area, turns and BANG! Bottom corner, 4-0! WATFORD 0-4 SQUIRRELS

DW: Injury time goal at The Valley as well. Equaliser for Charlton or a second goal for Rammstein. All the other debutants in the Championship have won today ...

CK: And so have VfB Rammstein, Dan! Charlton pushing forward, break from Tevez and he found KEIRRISON in the box with all the time in the world to slot home to seal the win. CHARLTON 0-2 VfB RAMMSTEIN

DW: Few nerves now for Melbourne at Turf Moor. Bill?

BT: Yes, Dan. Burnley have pulled a goal back through Steven Fletcher and are looking for an unlikely equaliser now. They’ve not got long to get it though.

DW: Full Time in all our games. Classified check on the results.

COMMUNITY SHIELD
    Saffron United 1-3 Queensland Origin

COCA COLA CHAMPIONSHIP
    Barnsley 1-2 Plymouth
    Blackpool 0-0 QPR
    Bristol City 0-2 Ipswich Town
    Burnley 1-2 Melbourne
    Cardiff City 1-0 Norwich City
    Charlton Athletic 0-2 VfB Rammstein
    Coventry 3-0 Derby
    Crystal Palace 2-0 Doncaster
    Southampton 0-1 Preston
    Swansea 0-0 Nottingham Forest
    Watford 0-4 Canadian Mighty Squirrels
    DW: It’s very early stages but top of the league are Canadian Mighty Squirrels. Just 45 games to go lads! Coventry City sit second with Plymouth, Ipswich, Melbourne, Cardiff, Rammstein, Crystal Palace and Preston all off to winning starts as well. Don’t forget to tune in to the Live Game later – Fanghunters and Joga Bonitos Juniors meet at Stadium: Siberia. Thanks for joining us today. Goodbye!

Third Team

Boring Championship stuff

Lets get to the real football

Reserves

Bloody hell this is impressive. A lot of effort and it looks fantastic.

Wp

Amateur

You're gonna be busy writing for a while GCB, cos at this level of detail, a season could take weeks KUTGW

Part-timer

A Brilliant start GCB, really haven't had time at the moment to do a team intro, should be free after tommorow

Youth Team

Jack: I hope you're joking! Championship rules, Premiership drools.

minisav: Thanks for the kind words, hope you're enjoying.

MattFergie: I won't do it in this much detail ALL the time. After the Championship/Premiership are up and running, I'll holiday a chunk and then do another weekend in detail etc ... Lots of detail every now and then and at the important stages of the season.

super_lampard: Not a problem. When you get chance mate.

Third Team

Dave Kitson the star!!!

Here I was thinking that the strike force will be the weaklink in the team, how wrong was i

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Greasy Chip Butty View Post
    Two of them – Fanghunters and Joga Bonitos Juniors – face each other in our LIVE evening game.
    I can't help but think that the emphasis on 'Live' means that GCB has something special planned.

Third Team

Jesus Christ, the detail you've gone to is out of the ordinary GCB! Keep it up!

Youth Team

The winners of the 2008 Community Shield:

QUEENSLAND ORIGIN F.C.

Youth Team

CHAMPIONSHIP LIVE

Welcome to SPORTS.tv and the first live football action of the season. It’s from the Coca Cola Championship as we head for Stadium: Siberia to see two of the new faces in English football.

VS.

Fanghunters vs. Joga Bonitos Juniors

Welcome to Stadium: Siberia for the first live Championship football of the season between The Predators and Joga Juniors. Earlier today, the Championship kicked off and the three other debutants in the Championship – Canadian Mighty Squirrels, Melbourne and VfB Rammstein – all made winning starts so the pressure is on these two sides to make a winning start tonight or else fall three points off the pace immediately.

Let’s look at the teams for today’s encounter and we start with the visitors, Jogo Bonitos Juniors. Manager Ben Flash starts 4-4-2 with Gomes in goal, a back four of Belletti, Martin Skrtel, Sylvain Distin and Joe Mattock, Ryan Taylor, Steven Ireland, Diego and Sebastian Giovinco in midfield with John Utaka and Kevin Davies up front.

Fanghunters also start with a 4-4-2 formation with Pepe Reina in goal, Andre Ooijer, Carles Puyol, Diego Godin and Matt Upson at the back, a midfield four of David Beckham, Steven Gerrard, Danny Guthrie and Ashley Young with Gabriel Agbonlahor and Ruud Van Nistelrooy up front.

The first half is coming live after the break. Stay tuned!

Third Team

This really is top work Andy

Youth Team

GCB this all looks amazing! Here's hoping for a winning start for The Steel next week

Youth Team

CHAMPIONSHIP LIVE

VS.

Welcome to Stadium: Siberia where almost 48000 fans are expected to show up to see the two newcomers to English football, Fanghunters and Joga Bonitos Juniors. Both clubs will be desperate for three points after seeing the other newcomers get off to winning starts in the Championship today so as not to get cut adrift after just one game.

2 mins:
    Joga Bonitos Juniors win the game’s first corner. Sebastian Giovinco floats it over and Martin Skrtel heads over from 6 yards.

7 mins:
    Fanghunters have their first shot in anger as Danny Guthrie hits a low drive from 25 yards which Gomes does well to turn around the post.

10 mins:
    David Beckham and Guthrie combine well for Fanghunters and Guthrie slides the ball into the area for GABRIEL AGBONLAHOR to slot home. Skrtel argues it was offside but the referee gives the goal.

Fanghunters 1-0 Joga Bonitos Juniors

12 mins:
    Steven Gerrard picks up the ball 30 yards out for Fanghunters and strikes a vicious shot at goal which Gomes does well to tip over the bar.

16 mins:
    It’s all Fangunters now and Ashley Young’s right wing cross causes confusion in the Joga Juniors box. The ball falls to Beckham who forces Gomes to make another splendid save.

18 mins:
    A rare break from Joga Bonitos Juniors sees John Utaka find Diego in the right channel. His shot is saved well by Pepe Reina but the rebound falls to UTAKA who prods home to silence the home fans.

Fanghunters 1-1 Joga Bonitos Juniors

22 mins:
    The equaliser has given Joga Juniors a foot-hold in the game now and Steven Ireland hits a 30-yard free kick just over the bar as they look to go in front.

26 mins:
    A long throw from Beckham is headed over the bar by Ruud Van Nistelrooy as Fanghunters look to take control of the game again.

29 mins:
    A free kick for Fanghunters 25 yards out – perfect position for a certain David Beckham. He curls it around the wall and forces Gomes into another smart stop.

33 mins:
    A long throw finds Joga Juniors’ Kevin Davies in the box. He is strong and forces his shot at goal which is well-saved by Reina. The rebound falls to Utaka again but he loses the ball.

36 mins:
    Joga Juniors are now right in the game after a shaky start and Utaka again goes close with a 30-yard speculative effort that Reina saves. The rebound – again – falls to Giovinco who blazes over when he should have done better.

45+1 mins:
    Diego makes run into the Fanghunters penalty area and is tripped by David Beckham. PENALTY! Danny Guthrie is unhappy with the decision but DIEGO picks himself up to drill home the penalty and send Joga Juniors in front.

Fanghunters 1-2 Joga Bonitos Juniors

HALF TIME: Despite dominating the opening half an hour, Fanghunters find themselves 2-1 down at home and have a real test of their squad to salvage a win from the game in the second half. Joga Juniors played well on the counter attack and will be feeling good after going in front when they probably didn’t deserve to. What will happen in the second half? Tune in after the break!

Youth Team

CHAMPIONSHIP LIVE

VS.

Welcome back to Stadium: Siberia where Joga Bonitos Juniors lead 2-1 at half time after Fanghunters had taken an early lead to the delight of the home fans. A good comeback for the visiting Joga Juniors but can they seal a priceless away three points at the start of the Championship season? Let’s see in the second half.

58 mins:
    Fanghunters start the second half slowly but Gerrard finds Van Nistelrooy on the edge of the box. He spots the run of DANNY GUTHRIE into the area and slides the ball to him to fire past Reina for the equalising goal.

Fanghunters 2-2 Joga Bonitos Juniors

71 mins:
    Joga Bonitos Juniors attack down the right hand side and find Kevin Davies. He holds off the full back before pulling the ball back across goal. The ball rebounds to STEPHEN IRELAND on the edge of the area whose deflected shot goes in off the post and Joga Juniors are back in front.

Fanghunters 2-3 Joga Bonitos Juniors

77 mins:
    After falling behind again, Fanghunters need to find another equaliser but need to be careful not to concede a fourth goal. Joga Juniors break on them again with Clint Dempsey and Davies linking up well on the right to feed a ball into the box. Christophe Berra fails to get there and MICHAEL CHOPRA fires the ball into the bottom corner to put Joga Juniors two goals clear with 13 minutes left.

Fanghunters 2-4 Joga Bonitos Juniors

87 mins:
    With defeat looking likely, Fanghunters get a glimmer of hope with three minutes remaining. Ashley Young’s cross from the right finds Gerrard who slides AGBONLAHOR in to volley home left footed for his second goal of the game.

Fanghunters 3-4 Joga Bonitos Juniors

FULL TIME: FANGHUNTERS 3-4 JOGA BONITOS JUNIORS
    After a second half of few chances but goals galore, it is Joga Bonitos Juniors who take the three points away from their rivals with an impressive away victory. Fanghunters will be disappointed and will think they deserved a share of the spoils but it was not to be and they find themselves three points off the pace after just one game.

Thanks for watching today’s LIVE Championship game.

Third Team

Cracking game

Third Team

Flippin' brilliant first live game there, end to end stuff

Part-Timer

what a game

Youth Team

It wasn't a bad one to start with was it?

Going to do the second weekend in similar detail (Premiership starts as well) before holidaying to start of September. Then I'll report on whats happened and give screenshots etc ... All this will be complete by tomorrow.

After that, I will play a month each weekend. One weekend in each month will be in full detail an the rest of the month will be a simple report.

As the end of the season arrives, more detail will be used as it gets tense.

Amateur

This is awesome!

Third Team

Sounds like a good plan.

Youth Team

SATURDAY 16TH AUGUST 2008

After the start of the Coca Cola Championship season last weekend, it is now time for the Premiership to take centre stage as the big kick off arrives today. However, the Championship cannot be forgotten as it moves on this weekend and we have news of the League Cup Round 1 and the draw for Round 2.

LEAGUE CUP:

MELBOURNE’s first taste of League Cup action came at Brisbane Road as they faced League 1 Leyton Orient. An efficient first half from The Demons meant that they were never in any danger of an upset as goals from RONALDINHO, ALBERTO GILARDINO and ROMAN BEDNAR saw them 3-0 up at the break. A fourth from GILARDINO gave them a 4-0 win and sets up a Round 2 tie with Championship rivals Barnsley at Oakwell.

Fresh from victory over Fanghunters in the Championship, JOGA BONITOS JUNIORS travelled to Griffin Park to face Brentford in the League Cup. Like Melbourne, an excellent first half saw them comfortably through to Round 2 as goals from SEBASTIEN GIOVINCO, RYAN TAYLOR, MARTIN SKRTEL and KEVIN DAVIES gave them a 4-1 half time lead. Further goals from CLINT DEMPSEY and ANDY KEOGH meant they won 6-2 in the end and set up a Round 2 clash with Colchester United of League 1 at the Colchester Community Stadium.

CANADIAN MIGHTY SQUIRRELS are still to concede a goal after a convincing 5-0 win over League 1 Peterborough United at London Road. It took 37 minutes to break the deadlock and even then it needed an own goal to do it though as Posh made life difficult for the Squirrels. ASHLEY COLE, ANTONIO DI NATALE, MICHAEL ESSIEN and SIMON DAVIES added the rest of the goals and the Mighty Squirrels will face League 2 Bradford City at Valley Parade in Round 2.

VfB RAMMSTEIN made their first appearance in their new home, Stadion des Groβen, as they faced League 2 Gillingham in Round 1. A convincing first half saw Rammstein lead 3-0 at half time thanks to goals from KEIRRISON, JERMAIN JENAS and CARLOS TEVEZ. An injury time goal from ANDRIY VORONIN sealed a 4-0 win and Round 2 brings a home tie with League 1 Southend United.

After their opening day defeat to Joga Bonitos Juniors, FANGHUNTERS were looking to get onto the winning track with a Round 1 home tie with Bristol Rovers at Stadium: Siberia. NWANKWO KANU scored two goals, DANNY GUTHRIE scored a late penalty and GABRIEL AGBONLAHOR hit a hat-trick as Fanghunters comfortably won 6-0 to banish the memory of the opening day defeat and set up a Round 2 tie with Sheffield Wednesday at Stadium: Siberia.

Other Selected League Cup Round 2 Fixtures

Boreham Badgers vs. QPR
    Burnley vs. Brennan United
    Coedpoeth United vs. Swansea City
    Gnome’ania United vs. Southampton
    Inland Valley Hawks vs. Stockport County
    Leeds United vs. Welsh Wizards
    New Bloc vs. Wycombe Wanderers
    Northern Extreme vs. Carlisle United
    Oldham Athletic vs. Essendon
    Steel Panthers vs. Brighton
    Coventry City vs. Blackthorn Athletic

Part-Timer

QPR at home in Round 2, think the Badgers should win that

Third Team

Burnley Away 2nd Round, could be an interesting game.

And Up the mighty Wycombe Wanderers against New Bloc

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by hamilton162 View Post
    Burnley Away 2nd Round, could be an interesting game.

And Up the mighty Wycombe Wanderers against New Bloc
    WHY YOU!!! New Bloc will cave to no one!

Amateur

Leeds away, Easy

Reserves

Canadian Mighty Squirrels off to a fantastic start. Hope we stay where we are at the moment for the entire season.

Amateur

I blame Ronaldo and Kaka for our first up loss, my side side still should've won though. Will do intro later if I have time.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by bergtaur View Post
    WHY YOU!!! New Bloc will cave to no one!
    Apart from Brennan United F.C. and Wycombe Wanderers

Amateur

Hope I don't humiliate myself vs Shef Wed.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by hamilton162 View Post
    Apart from Brennan United F.C. and Wycombe Wanderers
    arggh.... we shall meet out there, and I will rise above you.

EDIT: It seems as if The new look Premiership has it's first new rivalry. Brennan United v. New Bloc
    Last edited by bergtaur; 31-10-2009 at 19:53.

Third Team

The Premier League has a couple of new rivals already

Amateur

how much did i pay for ryan taylor?

can i see a screen shot of player stats for that game GCB, nice to know who did what in such a big game

Amateur

another point, just as this won't take as long as screen shots

Man of the Match

would be nice to know who wins it - in each game; other than that fantastic work so far GCB - lets hope you can keep it up
    Here are some of the songs heard from the away specators today;

Steve Gerrard, Gerrard. He can't score from 30 yards. Like Lamps he's a tub of lard, Steve Gerrard Gerrard

'1-0' and you f**cked it up! 1-0 and f**ked it up!

Fizzy Pop League - You having a laugh; Fizzy pop league? don't make me laugh!

We are about 6th in the league, shout we're about 6th in the League!

Stand up! if you won 4-3, stand up! if you 4-3! STand Up, If You won 4-3!
    Last edited by whitehead.10; 31-10-2009 at 21:57.

Amateur

Essendon FC - A brief overview

Originaly founded in 1871 as part of the Australian Footbal League (AFL), the Bombers, as they are known, went on to win the AFL Premiership a record 16 times. Having dominated the Australian Football League for so long, and looking for a new challenge, they decided to do the unthinkable and move the entire team to the UK to try and dominate the Premier League as they did the AFL.

Under the tutalige of Chairman Mark Mota and legendary manager Kevin Sheedy, they moved into Windy Hill, the 40,000 capacity stadium, and went on to bring together some of the biggest names in football, including Pepe, Klose, and the most impressive name of all, Lionel Messi! On top of that, Chairman Mark Mota has pumped $90M into the club, and has given Sheedy $59M to spend on transfers for the season, meaning Essendon FC are definitly one of the clubs to watch this season.

Mark Mota has stated the minimum expectation for the club is to qualify for Europe next season (although Sheedy has been reported as saying this may not be possible with the current squad), and whatever happens, is determined to beat fellow Aussie defectors Queensland Origin and (if they ever make it out of the Championship, which is unlikely) Melbourne FC.

Amateur

Media Predictions
    who will get relegated and who will be promoted

let me know what you think

roberto922

Swansea City, that's certainly a winnable game

KUTGW, fantastic so far

Amateur

great stuff so far, lovin your work

Amateur

2-1 over Burnley still ain't great. And my goodness, Squirrels!
    Last edited by Striker475; 01-11-2009 at 01:29.

Third Team

Essendon FC could be a force to be reckoned with having Sheeds as coach and Messi creating a bit of magic!

Amateur

He's the best player in the premiership, and not arguably tbh.

Amateur

a 4-0 cup win good to see even if only against gillingham

Part-Timer

Playing at home with Southampton, should past through.

Also about the team managing issue Andy, what will you do when you get relegated & all promoted teams are T2B teams?

Finally, already asked this before but asking again as I can't seem to find it: Any idea how I can get those little pins in the right side of the subscribed topics? The pins are gone for some reason.I can see the subscribed threads in the subscriptions folder. I don't have any mail notifications enabled but used to have little pins on the right end of the topic titles, just like rating stars. But the pins are gone now & I'm still searchin. Any help is appreciated.

KUTGW Andy

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast