Top2Bottom: The Game Thread

If you are enjoying this thread, please rate it: Click here to find out how!

ToptoBottomLogo.gif

Sponsored by www.xtranormal.com - the online video creator.

Welcome to Top2Bottom – The Game Thread!

After weeks and weeks of applications, database editing and other stuff, the sign-up is now ready to begin!

Allow me to introduce myself. I am Greasy_Chip_Butty, AKA Andy, and as my handle suggests, I am a Sheffield United fan. I have recently run the FMX-Factor and FMX-Factor 2 sign-up’s which were my first on the CSE Forum using FM09. My contribution over the last year has seen me named the CSE Forum User of the Future for 2009 in the CSE Awards. You can all consider this my official entry for the ‘Thread of the Year’ award for the 2010 awards!

I am a school teacher so there are going to be occasions when I am busy – I ask for your patience when these occasions arise. Whilst I enjoy creating these sign-up’s, I also enjoy my career and moulding young minds and there will be times when this needs to be my priority. Many of the participants in ‘Top2Bottom’ are FMX-Factor veterans but there are a number of ‘newbies’ as well who I hope to attract into our CSE community for more than just my thread.

Allow me to introduce SPORTS.tv who will be providing all the action from the 2008/2009 season as the sign-up begins.

Sportstv.jpg

Introduction Video

Posts from me that start with the ‘Top2Bottom’ logo are official information posts. Posts that start with the ‘SPORTS.tv’ logo are entertainment posts.

Any other posts I make are simply me interacting with folk.

It is my intention that this sign-up will be fun and entertaining. If you would like to see the preparation work that has been done for the sign-up, please see the following threads.

Application Thread

Information Thread

I hope that all of you – participants and viewers – enjoy the sign-up. There is no timescale for a finish. It might last a season, it might last ten seasons. Please feel free to post and make comments whether you are involved or not. If you have any questions, please ask.

OK then, on with the show!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ToptoBottomLogo.gif

The 24 players have been allowed the opportunity to extend their squads by up to eight players. They have already been assigned a squad of 19 players – a Premiership first eleven, four Premiership reserves and four international stars / stars in the making – but they have no reserve or youth squads. Whilst it will be up to their created managers to expand the squad once the game starts, I have decided to allow the users to identify eight new players to start the game with. These players must be from the English league (as of the start of the 08/09 season) and will be assigned on a first come, first served basis.

SPORTS.tv will keep you up to date about who is joining who over the coming 24 hours. Stay tuned.

Sportstv.jpg

Ahead of pre-season training, many clubs were very busy in the transfer market today sealing moves for players as they look to expand their squads for the coming season.

Essex Eagles: Anderson, Alex, Theo Walcott, Emanuel Eboue, Jo, Carlos Vela, Darren Fletcher and Pablo Zabaleta.

Didsbury Dynamoes: Damien Duff, Valeri Bojinov, Pascal Chimbonda, Armand Traore, Jack Wilshere, Mark Beevers, Jeremy Helan, Michael Johnson.

Discworld: John O'Shea, Niklas Bendtner, Xisco, Yohann Djourou, James Morrison, Albert Riera, Jermaine Pennant, Daniel Sturridge.

Northern Extreme: Michael Mancienne, Rafael, Jose Baxter, Julien Faubert, Jamie O'Hara, Denilson, Joe Ledley, Havard Nordtveit.

Saffron United: Fabio Aurelio, Park Ji-Sung, Michael Ballack, Djibril Cisse, Savio, Lauri Dalla Valle, Dan Gosling, Alex Song.

Canadian Mighty Squirrels: Giles Barnes, Nathan Delfouneso, Michael Potts, Rhys Murphy, Michael Woods, Fraizer Campbell, Matt Derbyshire, Henri Lansbury.

More clubs are expected to seal transfer deals over the coming hours. You'll hear about them first on SPORTS.tv NEWS.

Sportstv.jpg

The latest news from the world of football can be found in our video.

There are also some more signings to tell you about:

Brennan United: Stuart Taylor, Paulo Ferreira, Zoran Tosic, Matt Etherington, Michael Carrick, Fabio, Ched Evans, Nedum Onuoha.

Joga Bonitos Juniors: Joe Mattock, Phillippe Senderos, Michael Chopra, Mark Randall, Tom Cleverley, Peter Whittingham, Tomasz Kuszczak, Belletti.

Welsh Wizards: Ferrie Bodde, John Obi Mikel, Giovanni dos Santos, Lucas, Morgan Schneiderlin, Roger Johnson, Ross Wallace, Fitz Hall.

More signings to be announced throughout the day on SPORTS.tv NEWS.

Stay tuned!

intro:

VFB Rammstein

A club that although is newly formed, there is an aspect of history behind as the badge shows with the inclusion of the club slogan Nie Vergessen (translated: never forget) and the 88 reference which is also included on the badge and in the club nickname. These are tributes to the Rammstein air show disaster Flugtag '88 where 70 people lost their life, on what was a tragic day for the people of Rammstein, Germany.

Away from the historical aspect, the club is very much looking to the future with current stars such as Tim Cahill, Robin Van Persie and Carlos Tevez and future talents with Schmeichel, Macheda and Rodwell. Their is definatly an air of expectation and ambition around the Stadion des Großen.

Boreham Badgers FC were formed by the now manager Joe Tompkins. Tompkins has managed the local youth team before, his greatest acheivement was leading the Boreham Under 8s to a victory. He met up with chairman Dimo Wache on a holiday to Mainz where Wache was still playing as a goalkeeper. The two quickly became friends and jumped at the chance to start up a football club. The team is focusing on the future with some very promising youngsters expected to come through the first team. The majority of these youngsters were part of the Arsenal youth team that won the FA Youth Cup, a team Tompkins admired.

Didsbury Dynamos

Based in Manchester, Didsbury Dynamos have plenty of competition in local rivalry, with footballing giants such as Altrincham and Stalybridge nearby. The club was recently purchased by billionaire Herman Schmerman, much despised globally, who claims to have never done a days work in his life. However, Herman has endeared himself to Dynamo fans by appointing local legend Matt Ferguson as manager, who, as a player, reached over 500 appearances for the club, with a club-record 78 goals across his career. Despite these achievements, Ferguson is afflicted by schizophrenia, which causes him to think of himself as a famous French manager, and is often found roaming the streets of Manchester, telling people he didn't see it. Didsbury Dynamos are based in the imaginatively named South Manchester Stadium, built by one of Schmerman's many inherited companies, which has a 60000 person capacity. With superstars such as Iker Casillas, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Xavi Hernandez recently purchased, the Dynamos will surely be a force to be reckoned with in England and Europe.

Steel Panthers Set to Claw Up Premier League

none-125691022083883.png

Steel Panthers are one of the 24 new club sides being added to the top of the English leagues in time for the 2008-2009 season. Whilst the FA are keeping the reasons for the dissolution of all the Premier League clubs, plus 4 from the Championship under wraps for the moment, all we can do as Football journalists is speculate on how the new sides will do.

Fans eager to see their old heroes in the new sides will not be disappointed - the new clubs' squads are largely made up of former stars of the dissolved 24, plus a selection of foreign stars that everyone is looking forward to watching on these shores.

Steel Panthers are one of these new sides, playing at the newly constructed 70,000 all-seater Catnip Park. Those amongst you who are music fans will recognise the name from American mock-glam stars Steel Panther, who have decided to bankroll the side. Steel Panther also provide the chairman and manager, with singer Michael Starr experienced in the cut-throat world of the music business, and drummer Stix Zadinia a keen follower of world football.

Their squad is almost as impressive as their owners' haircuts - boasting Premier League stalwarts such as Jamie Carragher, Gareth Barry, Ricardo Carvalho, and Didier Drogba, as well as international recruits Zdravko Kuzmanovic and Gerard Pique - not to mention the enigmatic Robinho.

With plenty of money in the bank there is room to improve the squad, and with a lack of cover in midfield and at full-back, Zadinia will surely be dipping his toes in soon. Some of his budget will have to go into increasing their tiny wage budget, which is far too small for a club of their ambitions.

One thing is for sure, this is a club with the potential to reach the top of the pile not only in the future, but in the coming season too.

Likely Line-up (4-3-3):

GK: Shay Given

DR: Habib Beye

DL: Nadir Belhadj

DC: Jamie Carragher

DC: Ricardo Carvalho

DM: Gareth Barry

MC: Zdravko Kuzmanovic

MC: Kevin Nolan

AMR: Chinedu Obasi

AML: Robinho

ST: Didier Drogba

SB1: Ishmael Miller

SB2: Antonio Valencia

SB3: Stuart Downing

SB4: Matty Taylor

SB5: Gerard Pique

SB6: Emmanuel Pogatetz

SB7: Diego Cavalieri

Article first appeared on Football366.com, by Cornwall Phillipson.

Canadian Mighty Squirrels

The club, based in Toronto, was created by chairman Tom Canada and manager Ricky Nakano to 'promote and elevate the level of Canadian soccer'. The MLS club Toronto FC has missed the playoffs for 3 straight years, and the two diehard Canadian soccer fans decided to jump at the opportunity to create their own club and attract top talent from around the world. The main goal is to have a Canadian squad, but to compete, the club will have star players like US Tim Howard, along with talented Englishmen Ashley Cole and Glen Johnson at the back. Czech star Tomas Rosicky, Michael Essien, and English international Joe Cole will be part of the nucleus in the midfield, and Emmanual Adebayor and Robbie Keane will be up front.

While other clubs went to sign established players, the Squirrels of Mighty signed 8 youngsters which will definitely give the club depth and help them succeed in the present and the future. The Land of the Chestnuts will be an entertaining atmosphere and the players will only benefit.

The Welsh Wizards are based in Swansea, Wales and boast star names such as David Silva and Vagner Love as well as potential stars such as Marek Suchy and Morgan Schneiderlin. They play at the White Rock Stadium which has a capacity of 42000. After recent investment from chairman Mitchell Williams, manager Ryan Lester should have plenty of money to further improve his squad. The Wizards have one of the finest youth setups in the country and have a youth training complex near the stadium. The Wizards usually operate in a 4-3-3 formation. The squad list is as follows:

Goalkeepers

Paul Robinson

Jamie Ashdown

Hugo Lloris

Defenders

Micah Richards

Jose Enrique

Nemanja Vidic

Kamil Zayatte

Vedran Corluka

Marek Suchy

Roger Johnson

Midfielders

Samir Nasri

Florent Malouda

Joey Barton

Andriy Arshavin

Robert Koren

David Silva

Lucas

Ross Wallace

Ferrie Bodde

John Obi Mikel

Morgan Schneiderlin

Giovanni Dos Santos

Strikers

Dirk Kuyt

Emile Heskey

John Carew

Vagner Love

The Wizards are expected to line up with the following team:

Lloris

Richards-Vidic-Corluka-Enrique

Lucas-Nasri-Mikel

Arshavin Silva

Vagner Love

Sportstv.jpg

SPORTS.tv will bring you all the best action from the English Premier League, the Coca Cola Championship, the FA Cup, the League Cup and European competitions this season. Here is a brief look at the 24 new clubs who will be gracing the Premier League and Coca Cola Championship for the first time this season, their key men and their stars of the future that you need to watch out for.

Who will you be supporting?

SPORTS.tv – where we believe that football IS a matter of life and death.

BlackthornAthletic.png

BLACKTHORN ATHLETIC FC

CREATED BY: conners

COMPETITIONS: Premier League and UEFA Cup

NICKNAME: The Rose Bushes

KEY MEN: Francesco Totti, Rene Adler, Mathieu Bodmer

FUTURE STARS: Hatem Ben Arfa, Aaron Lennon

BorehamBadgers.png

BOREHAM BADGERS FC

CREATED BY: joetheref

COMPETITIONS: Premier League

NICKNAME: The Badgers

KEY MEN: Andres Iniesta, Allesandro Del Piero, Rafael Marquez

FUTURE STARS: Aaron Ramsey, David N’Gog

BrennanUnited.png

BRENNAN UNITED FC

CREATED BY: hamilton162

NICKNAME: The Red Rebels

KEY MEN: Mauro Camoranesi, Anotoliy Tymoschuk, Michael Carrick

FUTURE STARS: Fabio, Goran Pandev

CanadianMightySquirrels.png

CANADIAN MIGHTY SQUIRRELS FC

CREATED BY: rancer890

COMPETITIONS: Coca Cola Championship

NICKNAME: Squirrels of Mighty

KEY MEN: Michael Essien, Ashley Cole, Emanuel Adebayor

FUTURE STARS: Moussa Sissoko, Nathan Delfouneso

CoedpoethUnited.png

COEDPOETH UNITED FC

CREATED BY: roberto922

NICKNAME: Coedy

KEY MEN: Petr Cech, Wayne Rooney, John Terry

FUTURE STARS: Fernandinho, Juan Manuel Mata

Didsbury.png

DIDSBURY DYNAMOES FC

CREATED BY: mattfergie

COMPETITIONS: Premier League and Champions League

NICKNAME: The Dynamoes

KEY MEN: Iker Casillas, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Xavi

FUTURE STARS: Jeremy Helan, Jack Wilshere

Discworld.png

DISCWORLD FC

CREATED BY: magvest

NICKNAME: The Discs

KEY MEN: David Villa, Dimitar Berbatov, Jeremy Toulalan

FUTURE STARS: Daniel Sturridge, Marouane Fellaini

Essendon1.jpg

ESSENDON FC

CREATED BY: MarkyMark

NICKNAME: The Bombers

KEY MEN: Lionel Messi, Miroslav Klose, Pepe

FUTURE STARS:Igor Akinfeev, Kieran Gibbs

EssexEagles.png

ESSEX EAGLES FC

CREATED BY: jack.browne

NICKNAME: The Eagles

KEY MEN: Philippe Mexes, Marek Hamsik, Guillermo Ochoa

FUTURE STARS: Mario Balotelli, Carlos Vela

Fanghunters.png

FANGHUNTERS FC

CREATED BY: Thefanghunter

NICKNAME: The Predators

KEY MEN: Cristiano Ronaldo, Kaka, Steven Gerrard

FUTURE STARS: Steve Mandanda, Gabriel Agbonlahor

GnomeaniaUnited.png

GNOME’ANIA UNITED FC

CREATED BY: 5ergio

NICKNAME: The Gnomes

KEY MEN: Esteban Cambiasso, Deco, Owen Hargreaves

FUTURE STARS: Asmir Begovic, Hulk

InlandValleyHawks.png

INLAND VALLEY HAWKS FC

CREATED BY: Coasterkoa

NICKNAME: The Hawks

KEY MEN: Alberto Aquilani, Paul Scholes, Karim Benzema

FUTURE STARS: Gareth Bale, Miguel Veloso

IsleofManMetros.png

ISLE OF MAN METROS FC

CREATED BY: super_lampard

NICKNAME: Metros

KEY MEN: Daniele De Rossi, Sergio Ramos, Luca Toni

FUTURE STARS: Ryan Shawcross, Charles N’Zogbia

JogaBonitosJuniors1.png

JOGA BONITOS JUNIORS CF

CREATED BY: whitehead.10

NICKNAME: Joga Juniors

KEY MEN: Diego, Gomes, Martin Skrtel

FUTURE STARS: Joe Mattock, Cristian Zapata

LondonTitans.png

LONDON TITANS FC

CREATED BY: SJ234

NICKNAME: Thames Warriors

KEY MEN: Mirko Vucinic, Nicolas Anelka, Riccardo Montolivo

FUTURE STARS: Sergio Asenjo, John Bostock

Melbourne.png

MELBOURNE FC

CREATED BY: Striker475

NICKNAME: The Demons

KEY MEN: Gianluigi Buffon, Ronaldinho, Sergio Aguero

FUTURE STARS:Eduardo, Joe Hart

NewBloc.png

NEW BLOC FC

CREATED BY: bergtaur

NICKNAME: The Bloc

KEY MEN: Rio Ferdinand, Javier Mascherano, Patrice Evra

FUTURE STARS: Pato, Fabian Delph

NorthernExtreme.png

NORTHERN EXTREME FC

CREATED BY: NorthermLights

NICKNAME: The Borealis

KEY MEN: Frank Lampard, Fernando Torres, Edwin Van Der Sar

FUTURE STARS: Mamadou Sakho, Jose Baxter

QueenslandOrigin.png

QUEENSLAND ORIGIN FC

CREATED BY: Pluckaduck

NICKNAME: The Maroons

KEY MEN: Wesley Sneijder, David Trezeguet, Martin Demichellis

FUTURE STARS: Gael Clichy, Tom Huddlestone

SaffronUnited.png

SAFFRON UNITED FC

CREATED BY: apnelson

NICKNAME: The Sharks

KEY MEN: Franck Ribery, Adrian Mutu, Giorgio Chiellini

FUTURE STARS: Savio, Lauri Dalla Valle

SteelPanthers.png

STEEL PANTHERS FC

CREATED BY: SnakeXe

NICKNAME: The Steel

KEY MEN: Ricardo Carvalho, Robinho, Didier Drogba

FUTURE STARS: Adam Lallana, Zdravan Kuzmanovic

Tibbolini.png

TIBBOLINI FC

CREATED BY: 19992008

NICKNAME: The Mad Hatters

KEY MEN: Samuel Eto’o, Andrea Pirlo, Nigel de Jong

FUTURE STARS: Franco Di Santo, Stefan Radu

VfBRammstein.png

VfB RAMMSTEIN

CREATED BY: RUFC4eva

NICKNAME: The 88ers

KEY MEN: Carlos Tevez, Robin Van Persie, Tim Cahill

FUTURE STARS: Claudio Marchisio, Jack Rodwell

WelshWizards.png

WELSH WIZARDS FC

CREATED BY: I\’mTheRulerOfAllTheWorld

NICKNAME: The Wizards

KEY MEN: Nemanja Vidic, Vagner Love, David Silva

FUTURE STARS: Giovanni Dos Santos, Marek Suchy

Team: JOGA BONITOS JUNIORS C.F.

Owner/creator: Whitehead.10

Club Information:

Current League (‘09 Season): Championship

Founded: Last Week

Ground: Terra Firma

(Capacity: 50,000)

Bank Balance - £100,000,000

Transfer Budget - £65,000,000

Wage Budget - 500,000 per week (currently used tba)

Manager: Ben Flash

Chairman: Money Bags

Honours:

League:

Premier League:

N/A

Championship:

Champions: Pending - 2009/10

Cup:

FA Cup:

Winners: N/A

Runners-up: N/A

League Cup:

N/A

Squad

Goalkeepers – Gomes, Kuszak, Haber and Neuer

Defenders - Joe Mattock, Andy Wilkinson, Andy Dawson, Jason Shackel, Distin, Senderos, Skrtel and Zapata

Midfielders - Whittingham, Randall, Cleaverley, Greening, Montgomery, Ireland, Dempsey, Gilberto and Diego

Strikers - Kevin Davies, Michael Chopra, Utaka, Giovinco and Andy Keogh

Media Prediction;

The local papers have rated their chances highly but nation press have rated them to finish 4th and maybe even lower if they fail to keep on to key men such as brazilian Deigo, who will want to be playing a higher standard of football.

Yet they do have a few good players especially for championship level and with the right management they could be a force in this league, as £65million is a lot for anyones standards

Tibbolini FC were formed in 2008 by current chairman Mustapha Mbeywi. Having arrived from Nigeria, it was his ambitious intention to form a football club and take them to the top. He hired the services of Mike Bassett as manager, who some may remember from his fabled England days. Together they plan to make Tibbolini FC one of the main forces of english football. It has been Mike Bassett's claim that they shall look to entertain and win in style which has been backed up by having players such as Andrea Pirlo and Samuel Eto'o.

Tibbolini FC are a club on the up, BEWARE.

Hawks Eye Success in Re-Formed Premier League

By: Yusuf Bernard, Press Enterprise

Premier League fever grows more and more with the anticipation of the new season drawing near. Nowhere is this more evident than in the Inland Empire, where local eccentric billionaire Andy Heston has pulled together international stars to form a team known as Inland Valley Hawks FC. Even with stars like Karim Benzema and Miguel Veloso on the books, Heston has stated he wishes to continue to improve the squad, and will provide manager Henry Bosschaart with the necessary transfer money should he wish to make a splash into the transfer market.

They will start their history playing at the magnificent Harveston Field, which has a capacity of 42000. Looking at the ground, you can see that no expense was spared to elevate the training facilities and stadium to be among the best in the world. Across the road from the stadium sits the Hawks Academy, which according to Heston, “is bar none the best facility in the world.” His focus is on youth development as a long term goal for the team, much like what was seen with the now defunct Arsenal FC.

Dutch-American manager Henry Bosschaart has been brought in to guide this new team to success. Bosschaart is most notable for being a part of the U.S. National team that qualified for the 1990 World Cup, the nation’s first in 40 years. Though his coaching experience is minimal, Heston has put his full faith in him to guide the team to success.

The star power will be out in force at Harveston Stadium come the start of the season, and chairman, fans, and manager alike are expecting a high finish in the Premier League.

Loving the press releases and introductions chaps. Feel free to post things like this at any time - they make this more than just numbers and letters on a computer game. It would be great to see some characters other than Sid Smash, Rachel Rapid et al involved!

The database is now complete and the FM2009 game can be started. Good luck to all of you!

p.s. This message is sponsored by SPORTS.tv - the channel that believes football IS more than life and death!

Queensland Origin FC hope to continue Legacy QueenslandOrigin.png

By: Steve Hitsterrer: Wide World of Sports

Six years ago, the Queensland Origin Rugby League team were in tatters. Had a very poor run of results against rivals New South Wales, There were rifts within the side and a golden generation of stars, the likes of Lockyer, Hodges, Hunt looked to have passed them by.

But, when there is sport, there is hope. Over the next 5 years, Queensland were absolutely dominant. With the likes of Inglis, Folau, Smith, Thurston absoltely dominating, there seemed to be no challenge no more. Queensland were simply too good for State of Origin football.

Then a man by the name of Frank Lowy come along. He had an idea, that would absolutely revolutionise Australian Football. He decided that some of the AFL and NRL's best teams would be making a transition that nobody ever predicted would be possible. On January 1, 2008, Essendon FC, Melbourne FC and Queensland Origin FC made what seemed the impossible move. They switched from being football powerhouses, to 'Soccer' clubs battling for survival.

Queensland have been entered into both the Premier League and the Champions League for the first season. They've recruited a brilliant defence, got a few stars in the midfield like former Real Madrid star Wesley Sneijder and it will be the role of David Trezeguet to score the goals up front.

Queensland play out of the 20,000 seater Suncorp Stadium and are likely to have an entire state of 4 million people on their side.

Mon the Maroons!!

Sportstv.jpg

Remember to check out the latest SPORTS.tv video for all the latest football news.

As the Free Transfer deadline approached, many clubs were desperate to extend their squads and ensure that they would make as good a start to the new season as they could. Here is a round-up of the deals that were sealed before the deadline.

These have already been reported but to remind you:

Essex Eagles: Anderson, Alex, Theo Walcott, Emanuel Eboue, Jo, Carlos Vela, Darren Fletcher and Pablo Zabaleta.

Didsbury Dynamoes: Damien Duff, Valeri Bojinov, Pascal Chimbonda, Armand Traore, Jack Wilshere, Mark Beevers, Jeremy Helan, Michael Johnson.

Discworld: John O'Shea, Niklas Bendtner, Xisco, Yohann Djourou, James Morrison, Albert Riera, Jermaine Pennant, Daniel Sturridge.

Northern Extreme: Michael Mancienne, Rafael, Jose Baxter, Julien Faubert, Jamie O'Hara, Denilson, Joe Ledley, Havard Nordtveit.

Saffron United: Fabio Aurelio, Park Ji-Sung, Michael Ballack, Djibril Cisse, Savio, Lauri Dalla Valle, Dan Gosling, Alex Song.

Canadian Mighty Squirrels: Giles Barnes, Nathan Delfouneso, Michael Potts, Rhys Murphy, Michael Woods, Fraizer Campbell, Matt Derbyshire, Henri Lansbury.

Brennan United: Stuart Taylor, Paulo Ferreira, Zoran Tosic, Matt Etherington, Michael Carrick, Fabio, Ched Evans, Nedum Onuoha.

Joga Bonitos Juniors: Joe Mattock, Phillippe Senderos, Michael Chopra, Mark Randall, Tom Cleverley, Peter Whittingham, Tomasz Kuszczak, Belletti.

Welsh Wizards: Ferrie Bodde, John Obi Mikel, Giovanni dos Santos, Lucas, Morgan Schneiderlin, Roger Johnson, Ross Wallace, Fitz Hall.

In addition to these, here are the other free transfers completed ahead of today’s deadline:

Tibbolini: Brett Pitman, Warren Feeney, Wade Elliott, Gareth Stewart, Steve Fletcher, Max Gradel.

New Bloc: Fabian Delph, Jonny Evans, Michael Turner, Federico Macheda.

London Titans: Danny Welbeck, John Bostock, Fran Merida, Nacer Barazite, Kyle Bartley, Kriztian Nemeth, Dean Bouzanis, Billy Jones.

Coedpoeth United: Victor Moses, Iain Turner.

Essendon: Kieran Gibbs, Marcus Griffiths.

Steel Panthers: Adam Lallana, Hans Vuckic, Ben Tozer, Tony Hibbert.

Gnome’ania United: Jordan Spence, Tamas Kadar, Gael Nlundula, Alex Nimely-Tchuimeni, Asmir Begovic, Gauthier Mahoto, Adam Pepper.

Blackthorn Athletic: Tomasz Kupisz, Tomasz Cywka, Andy Van Der Meyde, Jermaine Beckford, Scott Sinclair, Aaron Lennon, Jason Roberts.

Melbourne: Emiliano Insua, Matt Jarvis, Robbie Fowler, Cacapa, Carl Ikeme, Zesh Rehman, Shane Long, Rob Hulse.

Boreham Badgers: Vito Mannone, Sanchez Watt, Francis Coquelin, Kelvin Etuhu, Paris Cowan-Hall.

VfB Rammstein: Kasper Schmeichel, Jack Rodwell, Andy Carroll, Adam Johnson, Wilfred Bouma, Kevin-Prince Boateng, Jermaine Jenas, Andriy Voronin.

Remember that SPORTS.tv will be the first with all the news from your club. Stay tuned!

NEW BLOC LOOK TO TAKE DEFENSE TO THE TOP

New Bloc F.C. is a new football club from Eastern Europe ready to take over the new look Premier League. Owned by Russian Billionaire Tomik Chehachkov, the squad believes in the idea of the old Iron Curtain. The team is very strong in the back, and will be looking to attack on the counter. The squad will play in beautiful Google International Stadium and will be looking to play a dirty style of football.

We were able to catch up with New Bloc manager Danilo Uljarevic after he caught the sports.tv airing of the Premier League preview show. Needless to say he was not in a great mood.

"Who does this Smash character think he is? Calling us out as boring and unimaginative, saying that it is a disgrace for the network to be covering our games. I will not be outfoxed in the media by a commoner. My father was a trained Spetsnaz operative who is the toughest man, I've ever met. He taught me to be mentally tough and I guarantee that if Smash, or any other member of this so called sports.tv staff try to run over my team, there will be trouble."

No word yet from Chairman Chehachkov

Trailblazing - Melbourne FC takes on England

Following the dissolution of Sheffield Utd, the club that was now the world's oldest of any footballing code saw an opportunity. The Melbourne Football Club had recent famed financial difficulties, exemplified by chairman Jim Stynes' "Debt Demolition" campaign for the club in Australia. With the club's debt now resolved, Stynes saw an opportunity for the future of the club. Rather than sit on their laurels as key Australian Rules clubs, such as Collingwood or Essendon, seize the potential financial windfalls of a future in English football, Melbourne went ahead and made their own bid. Funded by local businessmen (most notably Australia's second-richest man, Frank Lowy, and trucking magnate Lindsay Fox) the Melbourne Football Club took control of one of the four Coca-Cola Championship clubs, as they did not meet the funding requirements for an EPL club.

Young chairman Jack Brenner was given the chairmanship of Melbourne FC's English elements, while lifelong Melbourne FC supporter Zac Smith was given the post of manager. The future looks bright for the Demons once again.

Author's note: Whoops, wrong interview name. That said, long history is virtually totally true, up until the foundation of the English club :p

Northern Extreme FC

It’s the eve of inaugural season for football’s biggest league and today we are going to take a look at Northern Extreme! We have exclusive behind the scenes access and the chance to speak to the chairman, the manager and the players!

Northern Extreme set the cat amongst the pigeons when millionaire Chairman Kerry Cash announced he would be taking his team North of the Border to Scotland when it was announced the League would be reformed – Celtic and Rangers were livid that they had missed the opportunity to play weekly against the best, as Kerry said,

“Some people have great dreams others make their dreams reality! We are really looking forward to this - the challenge, the opportunity- the prospect of going head to head week in week out with the best. ”

Northern Extreme’s surroundings are certainly among the best with a state of the art academy and youth facility and the jewel of the North the Aurora Stadium. Kerry Cash will be hoping his stars can fill all 42,000 seats when the opposition comes to town.

And the opposition will be tough. So we asked Kodaly McMaster (pronounced Kodai) how he felt about his fellow managers.

“This lot won’t know what’s hit them. The game isn’t just won on the pitch the battle starts before the whistle, - the day before – no earlier than that it starts at the final whistle for the previous match, then you start to think about the next lot. I will be very competitive with my fellow managers when it comes to any mind games – I’m a Scotsman and I’m canny!”

Strong words from a determined man there. But what about the team, a group of athletes with a common purpose; to be the best.

We got a few quick words with some of the players when they took a break from training

So Fernando Torres what are your thoughts on Northern Extreme?

“Brrr its sooo cold. I hear the polar bears up here steal your jumpers to keep warm. Cojonitos”

err and the football?

“ We win”

Next up was Wayne Bridge. We asked Wayne about the mix in the squad, from Edwin Van der Sar, Toure, Denilson and Torres to Kilgallon, Sharp and Markus Bent how do you think they’ll mix?

“ It’s great we got experience, youth, skill, guile ”

Bu the final word goes to Kodaly McMaster

“ We are coming to play. With Speed, Strength and Tenacity”

The Squad

GKs Edwin van der Sar, Pascal Zuberbuhler, Samir Handanovic

Defenders Phil Neville, Wayne Bridge, Kolo Toure, Matthew Kilgallon, Mohammad Sakho , Javi Garrido, , Havard Nordtveit, Michael Mancienne, Rafael,

Midfielders Sean Davis, Jose Baxter, Julien Faubert, Lassana Diarra, Jonas Gutierrez, Nani, Jamie O'Hara, Denilson, Joe Ledley, Frank Lampard, Michael Brown.

Attackers Fernando Torres, Antonio Cassano, Billy Sharp, Markus Bent

Right, have had to make some tough decisions but I have a workable plan.

I need to take charge of a Premiership and a Championship club to be able to view highlights of Championship/Premiership matches. Thats easy in the Championship as only 4 of the teams are created ones. However, its a problem in the Premiership where there are no spare teams. Unfortunately, that means that I need to move a created team into the Championship to make way for a team I can control. The fifth lowest reputation during set-up was VfB RAMMSTEIN so I'm sorry RUFC4eva but your team is going to be in the Championship instead of the Premiership. I will 'promote' Sheffield Wednesday into the Premiership for me to take control of so I can see highlights of other Premier League games. I won't do anything with Wednesday except leave it to their Assistant Manager and use the holiday button so I'm not affecting anything - and if there has got to be a team in the Premiership getting butt-raped every week, I might as well have fun and make it Wednesday!

In the Championship, I will control Barnsley - horrible little club - in the same way so I can see Championship highlights.

When I did the database, I freed every player in the game so the other clubs in the game have NO players. This led to some very strange results (10-0, 12-1) in the Championship and this is a little silly. So I am going to give each Championship club their first eleven players and their managers back where possible to give them a starting point. They will fill their squads with free transfers. Seeing as Barnsley and Wednesday won't be signing players (I'm controlling them remember) I am going to give them a starting squad of 20.

It all makes sense to me!

Apologies again to RUFC4eva but I have no choice if I want to make this sign-up as good as I want to make it. I need highlights so I need a Premiership team to control so you have t drop. Hope you understand!

GCB/Andy

Sportstv.jpg

FRIDAY AUGUST 8TH 2008

On the eve of a brand new season, SPORTS.tv is here to bring you bang up to date with all the comings and goings, the results and injuries as twenty-four new clubs launch their assault on the English Football League. With the Premier League starting in eight days time, the focus today turns onto the Championship which kicks off tomorrow and the League Cup which starts in midweek.

CANADIAN MIGHTY SQUIRRELS:

Pre Season High: Brighton 0-5 Squirrels

Pre Season Low: Squirrels 2-2 Sampdoria

Championship Starting Fixture: Watford (a)

League Cup Round 1: Peterborough (a)

New Signings: Cristian Zaccardo, Barry Robson, Antonio Di Natale, Gabriel Heinze

Team News:

- Diego Alves and Vincent Kompany away at Olympics

- Emanuel Adebayor, 1 day, Hamstring

- Joe Cole, 1 day, Bruised Thigh

- Barry Robson, 7 days, Hamstring

- Tomas Rosicky, 9 months, Hamstring

FANGHUNTERS:

Pre Season High: Millwall 0-5 Fanghunters

Pre Season Low: Leyton Orient 0-3 Fanghunters

Championship Starting Fixture: Joga Bonitos Juniors (h)

League Cup Round 1: Bristol Rovers (h)

New Signings: Kieran Richardson, David Beckham, Gojko Kacar, Manuel Fernandes

Team News:

- Cristiano Ronaldo, 5 weeks, Ankle Ligaments

- Kaka, 6 weeks, Knee

- Kieran Richardson, 4 weeks, Fractured Ribs

JOGA BONITOS JUNIORS:

Pre Season High: Joga Juniors 1-0 River Plate

Pre Season Low: Santos Laguna 0-1 Joga Juniors

Championship Starting Fixture: Fanghunters (a)

League Cup Round 1: Brentford (a)

New Signings: Ryan Taylor

Team News:

- Manuel Neuer, 5 weeks, Broken Foot

- Cristian Zapata, 6 weeks, Broken Cheekbone

- Phillippe Senderos, 4 weeks, Hamstring

MELBOURNE:

Pre Season High: Northampton 0-2 Melbourne

Pre Season Low: Kettering 2-3 Melbourne

Championship Starting Fixture: Burnley (a)

League Cup Round 1: Leyton Orient (a)

New Signings: Christian Romaric, Stephane Sessegnon, Alberto Gilardino, Steven Davis

Team News:

- Emiliano Insua away at Olympics

- Christian Romaric, 3 days, Strained Neck

- John Heitinga, 5 days, Hamstring

- Glen Little, 2 weeks, Groin

- Erik Edman, 3 months, Knee Ligaments

- Eduardo, 6 months, Broken Leg

VfB RAMMSTEIN:

Pre Season High: Southampton 1-4 Rammstein

Pre Season Low: Barnet 1-1 Rammstein

Championship Starting Fixture: Charlton (a)

League Cup Round 1: Gillingham (h)

New Signings: Steve Defour, Jerome Boateng, Mancini, Ricardo Quaresma, Carlos Marchena, Maxwell

Team News:

- Steven Defour, Breno and Claudio Marchisio away at Olympics

- Tim Cahill, 6 weeks, Broken Foot

- Steven Pienaar, 2 months, Broken Foot

OTHER TRANSFERS - INCOMING:

COEDPOETH UNITED – Lucho Gonzalez, Yury Zhirkov

LONDON TITANS – Rafael Van Der Vaart, Diego Forlan

NEW BLOC – Eric Abidal, Rodrigo Taddei, Yoann Gourcuff, Angelo Palumbo

NORTHERN EXTREME – Raul Tamudo, Daniel Alves, Luis Fabiano, Clarence Seedorf, Axel Witsel, Mauro Zarate, Jose Antonio Reyes, Ever Banega

STEEL PANTHERS – Marcos Senna

TIBBOLINI – Maicon, Arjen Robben

WELSH WIZARDS – Gennaro Gattuso, Bordon

OTHER TRANSFERS - OUTGOING:

BOREHAM BADGERS – Paris Cowan-Hall (Loan to Hereford United for season)

NORTHERN EXTREME – Havard Nordtveit (Loan to Coventry City for season)

UEFA CUP QUALIFIERS:

Sivasspor 1-2 Essex Eagles (Jo 2)

Essex Eagles 5-0 Sivasspor (Yobo, Vela, Jo, Milner, Nevland – 7-1 agg)

In 2nd Qualifying Round, Essex Eagles will meet Pelister (Macedonia) whilst Blackthorn Athletic will face Legia Warsaw (Poland).

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE QUALIFIERS:

The draw for the Final Champions League Qualifying Round has been made. Didsbury Dynamoes will face Standard Liege (Belgium) and Discworld meet Artmedia Bratislava (Slovakia) for a place in the Champions League Group Stages.

COMING UP:

SPORTS.tv SATURDAY brings you all the action from the first day of the Championship as we follow the fortunes of VfB Rammstein, Melbourne and the Canadian Mighty Squirrels on their first day in the Championship season. We’ll also have the results of all the other games played.

FOLLOWING THAT:

SPORTS.tv CHAMPIONSHIP LIVE brings you it’s first live action of the season as Fanghunters and Joga Bonitos Juniors meet at Stadium: Siberia.

AND AS EVER:

Stay tuned to SPORTS.tv NEWS for the Community Shield result between Queensland Origin and Saffron United, all the latest transfer news, the manager opinions and the best build-up to the Premier League season. You’ll only catch it on SPORTS.tv – where football is a matter of life and death!

Archived