+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Official Football Manager 2010 FEEDBACK Thread

Default Official Football Manager 2010 FEEDBACK Thread

OK, this is a day early as - ahem - some stores have sent the game out early, and some people want to post their views.

If you want to comment on the demo, please use this thread
    If you want to talk about when your game is arriving, please use this thread
    If you have Steam problems, please use this thread
    If you want general info, including technical support info, etc, please use this thread.

Other than that, please post your views on FM2010 here.
    Last edited by GillsMan; 29-10-2009 at 09:05.

Semi Pro
    People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis. You can't trust people.

Default Re: Official Football Manager 2010 FEEDBACK Thread

Mine turned up yesterday. I am now a shopto convert.

First impressions, loving the game.

Like the game speed star rating.

Running quite a few leagues and the game is flying so far.

Only real problem so far is fullbacks set on zonal marking insist on playing like centre backs and marking strikers rather than wide players.

Amateur

Ok, got the game yesterday and installed late yesterday evening.

Haven't touched the continue button yet!
    So much to do (setting up news subscriptions, setting up screen flow, team analysis, tactics, training, etc etc). I'm having great fun!

I love it: looks good and game world immersion seems far better than FM09.

1 question:
    when will the manual be online?

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Makollig Jezvahted View Post
    Ok, got the game yesterday and installed late yesterday evening.

Haven't touched the continue button yet!
    So much to do (setting up news subscriptions, setting up screen flow, team analysis, tactics, training, etc etc). I'm having great fun!

I love it: looks good and game world immersion seems far better than FM09.

1 question:
    when will the manual be online?
    Good question.

Friday I guess??

Amateur

Mine got dispatched yesterday and takes 3-5 days Waaiting for the patch and possibly the graphics anyway so not all bad

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Richard76 View Post
    Good question.

Friday I guess??
    I thought the manual would be online before official release.

Banned

Somwehat ironic that this thread is open before the official release date of the game!

Reserves

Can someone have a look at the 'tactics' page please?

Is there still a slight delay whilst the image loads?

Amateur

Mines here!! thx parcelforce and Game!!! ;-)

Part-Timer

The custom database thing is nice...probably I won't need to use the ddt files.

Amateur

The official release date has not come yet, together with the first patch.

It's absurd to open such a thread, which is a kind of support to retailers who breached the agreement and sold the game earlier to grab extra money.

Amateur

i think its a really good game at the minute and only seen 1 bug the players not makin tackles but as said really good game

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by catafan View Post

It's absurd to open such a thread, which is a kind of support to retailers who breached the agreement and sold the game earlier to grab extra money.
    Apart from the fact that due to the postal strike they had to send them early (well that's their excuse for this year) ;)

Banned

Spot on and I completely agree. And to think it was a moderator who opened the thread. The hypocricy is palpable. The message this year is clear - Neither SI or Sega give a toss about compliance with the release date. Ask about when the patch will be released and they start throwing their toys out of a pram. Then this thread is opened. Two fingers to those who comply with the release date. Two fingers to those who have not got the game yet (because of said release date). Doesn't look there will be much to the patch either if this thread can be opened before its release.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by lfc 4 ever View Post
    i think its a really good game at the minute and only seen 1 bug the players not makin tackles but as said really good game
    Is this noticable even when pressing is turned up and hard tackling is on?

There should at least be some difference? I'm talking about watching the match engine rather than relying on how the tackles are reported in the stats which SI have acknowledged may be flawed.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dansco View Post
    Apart from the fact that due to the postal strike they had to send them early (well that's their excuse for this year) ;)

I think there are those of us who don't buy the spin that the early release was because of the postal strike. It was a money grab, pure and simple, however they dress it up - and SI and SEGA know it. Its happened before. SI and SEGA have always pretended they don't like it but they don't give a toss - the early release is all about cash and that's the driving factor.

Amateur

Whilst is still obviously a bit early, I must say I am most impressed. The speed of the game is great, tried to test things out by running lots of leagues and it processes faster than last years by some way. The new editor functions are superb, and finally being able to manage in Cyprus is the major plus point for me. Well done to all involved!!!

Amateur

love it. it is a bit ovewhelming at the moment but it always is at the start of gaming. game sucks you in. runs great for me..

Anyone used the editor yet? Any feedback on that at all? Particularly with regards to adding new leagues, etc.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by GillsMan View Post
    Anyone used the editor yet? Any feedback on that at all? Particularly with regards to adding new leagues, etc.
    I had a very quick play with it yesterday.

Seems a lot different to the previous one.

It took me ages to actually find it.

I also see that the actual database doesn't change but your alterations are added in seperatly.

What was the thinking behind this??

Not a criticism just thought it strange.

Part-Timer
    somewhere in Malta at the current time of reading

I had a very quick play with it yesterday.

Seems a lot different to the previous one.

It took me ages to actually find it.

I also see that the actual database doesn't change but your alterations are added in seperatly.

I think this is quite sensible. Let's say you've edited your own database but then, further down the line, found out somebody has released a league you really want to play. This way you can keep both your editing AND play the downloaded league. I don't have the game yet, but that's the way I'm logically assuming the xml files will work. Can anybody confirm/deny this?

Amateur

Thumbs up Re: Official Football Manager 2010 FEEDBACK Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tie Fighter View Post
    I think there are those of us who don't buy the spin that the early release was because of the postal strike. It was a money grab, pure and simple, however they dress it up - and SI and SEGA know it. Its happened before. SI and SEGA have always pretended they don't like it but they don't give a toss - the early release is all about cash and that's the driving factor.
    1. How are SI/SEGA getting more cash by an early release by 1 online shop and a few retail shops?
    I would imagine it would cost them money; early release of a few copies means a quicker pirate version and several impatient ones downloading the pirate version in stead of the official one.
    2. What would your suggestion as SI/SEGA be to react to an early release of 0.001% of your total sales volume?

I walked into town yesterday and was able to get hold of a copy in a retail shop; big deal. If I hadn't bought it yesterday I would have bought it in the same shop today, friday or saturday... No offence, but have some perspective on this; it's only a game.

Amateur

Thumbs up Re: Official Football Manager 2010 FEEDBACK Thread

1. How are SI/SEGA getting more cash by an early release by 1 online shop and a few retail shops?
    I would imagine it would cost them money; early release of a few copies means a quicker pirate version and several impatient ones downloading the pirate version in stead of the official one. So I imagine they do give a toss.
    2. What would your suggestion as SI/SEGA be to react to an early release of 0.001% of your total sales volume?

I walked into town yesterday and was able to get hold of a copy in a retail shop; big deal. If I hadn't bought it yesterday I would have bought it in the same shop today, friday or saturday... No offence, but have some perspective on this; it's only a game.

Amateur

Thumbs up Editor10: an African country league creation

It was said that we could create a league and cup for a country then later on activate that country and play in it.

well I'm very happy to say that I try it and it works. I simulate the all season. I did the cup as well and even did an award. every thing worked fine.

the issue with this is that
    - I have to find most of the club of my country and then add them. some club name weren't accurate (that's understandable).

- I have to create some cities and stadiums (I think FM data base should create them just like it creates staff). also some manager (but FM create the rest of them itself).

Overall it's a fantastic thing that SI done here.

Banned

I would imagine it would cost them money; early release of a few copies means a quicker pirate version and several impatient ones downloading the pirate version in stead of the official one.

Its SI and SEGA's release date which prevents most retailers from selling the game. There's plenty of evidence on these forums of people who cancelled orders to run with ShopTo. Maybe in your own pretty world of elves and all things bright and beautiful, this is because they wanted to ensure all their customers got the game before the postal strike. There may have been plenty more who read the threads and did not post. Why should they condone/allow one retailer to sell and another not to? SI and SEGA knew what was going on. Then they open an official feedback thread before the release date? Do you not see something wrong with this? Back to your elves and all things bright and beautiful.

Amateur

Default Re: Editor10: an African country league creation

Blue's a popular colour over there, then?

Quote Originally Posted by rudboy View Post
    It was said that we could create a league and cup for a country then later on activate that country and play in it.

well I'm very happy to say that I try it and it works. I simulate the all season. I did the cup as well and even did an award. every thing worked fine.

the issue with this is that
    - I have to find most of the club of my country and then add them. some club name weren't accurate (that's understandable).

- I have to create some cities and stadiums (I think FM data base should create them just like it creates staff). also some manager (but FM create the rest of them itself).

Overall it's a fantastic thing that SI done here.
    I merged this with the feedback thread by the way.

Its SI and SEGA's release date which prevents most retailers from selling the game. There's plenty of evidence on these forums of people who cancelled orders to run with ShopTo. Maybe in your own pretty world of elves and all things bright and beautiful, this is because they wanted to ensure all their customers got the game before the postal strike. There may have been plenty more who read the threads and did not post. Why should they condone/allow one retailer to sell and another not to? SI and SEGA knew what was going on. Then they open an official feedback thread before the release date? Do you not see something wrong with this? Back to your elves and all things bright and beautiful.
    Sorry, have to correct you there. I'm not an employee of either SI or Sega, and it was me who opened this thread. Normally, I'd have waited til tomorrow, but some poeple have managed to get the game early, and were posting their views on the game, so I felt I had to create this thread early.

Amateur

Spot on and I completely agree. And to think it was a moderator who opened the thread. The hypocricy is palpable. The message this year is clear - Neither SI or Sega give a toss about compliance with the release date. Ask about when the patch will be released and they start throwing their toys out of a pram. Then this thread is opened. Two fingers to those who comply with the release date. Two fingers to those who have not got the game yet (because of said release date). Doesn't look there will be much to the patch either if this thread can be opened before its release.
    My favorite part is that the people who pre-ordered with Steam can't play it even though other folks ALREADY have the game IN HAND! The least SI could do for those of us that pre-ordered is tell Steam to PRESS THE BUTTON (or whatever it is they have to do).

Quote Originally Posted by senorcoo View Post
    My favorite part is that the people who pre-ordered with Steam can't play it even though other folks ALREADY have the game IN HAND! The least SI could do for those of us that pre-ordered is tell Steam to PRESS THE BUTTON (or whatever it is they have to do).
    This has nothing to do with feedback, does it?

http://community.sigames.com/showpos...postcount=1436

Amateur

Its SI and SEGA's release date which prevents most retailers from selling the game. There's plenty of evidence on these forums of people who cancelled orders to run with ShopTo.
    So no release date then for FM11?
    I imagine SEGA will take this up with shop.to and tell them to avoid this next year round.

Shop.to took the decision to ship early.
    Zavvi didn't.
    Are SI/SEGA at fault because shop.to shipped early?
    Are SI/SEGA at fault because zavvi didn't because their stock didn't arrive?

Maybe in your own pretty world of elves and all things bright and beautiful, this is because they wanted to ensure all their customers got the game before the postal strike.
    There may have been plenty more who read the threads and did not post. Why should they condone/allow one retailer to sell and another not to? SI and SEGA knew what was going on. Then they open an official feedback thread before the release date? Do you not see something wrong with this? Back to your elves and all things bright and beautiful.
    Again; tell me what you would do as SI/SEGA when one online shop is shipping 2 days before release?
    And btw: I'm not saying that they shipped early because of the strike.
    I was just explaining to you that SI/SEGA have no advantage when shop.to are shipping early. Whatever the reason might be for the early shipping.

Oh, and you're most welcome to come and visit my world of elves; we're all playing FM10...

Charlton Athletic Researcher

Quote Originally Posted by Pompey1978 View Post
    Blue's a popular colour over there, then?
    Default colour for clubs with no colours entered in the DB.

Amateur

I merged this with the feedback thread by the way.
    oh thanks! man!

Amateur

Can't understand how people can get so worked up about a game being released early. Big $^$^ deal!!! More important things to worry about in life.

Tactics and Match Engine Moderator

We have two options.

1: Close every thread that mentions the official game prior to the official release, which is frankly pointless and tedious for mods and members.

2: Open an official feedback thread a little bit early so we have some control over things

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Mons View Post
    I think this is quite sensible. Let's say you've edited your own database but then, further down the line, found out somebody has released a league you really want to play. This way you can keep both your editing AND play the downloaded league. I don't have the game yet, but that's the way I'm logically assuming the xml files will work. Can anybody confirm/deny this?
    WHS aswell as.. I created a game last night and already half way through a season, its a career game, but say if somebody release's the lower leagues past BSN/S can i add them into my game without starting again?

Amateur

Tie Fighter, i think you are a skeptical and cynical person and i have a funny feeling your just jealous of all the people that are playing the game early and you have to wait till tomorrow. Also do you really think it is necessary to name call and tell someone they are away with the fairies just to support your deluded opinion of the world? I dont see many people on here agreeing with you?

By the way also, Once the game has gone Gold and has been shipped to retailers SI/Sega have absolutely no control over when the game is given to people. Yes it was released a little bit early but for christs sake it's a day early. Not like people are getting thier hands on FM 2011 is it??? Calm down and stop abusing people!

Part-Timer
    somewhere in Malta at the current time of reading

Quote Originally Posted by Gauvner View Post
    WHS aswell as.. I created a game last night and already half way through a season, its a career game, but say if somebody release's the lower leagues past BSN/S can i add them into my game without starting again?
    That's not exactly what I meant because usually once you have started a game, no data changes through the editor will be able to affect it.

What I was asking is if you can combine database editing and league creating by different people (assuming no common data has been meddled with). For example, if I download a custom database from a fansite which adds the latest transfers/manager movements etc but I have created (or downloaded), say, the Maltese league myself (or from another fansite) - will I have the custom database AND the Maltese league or is it only one or the other?

Part-Timer

Ah i see where you are coming from Mons sorry for getting your post wrong. Still i wish that in a future release SI can have it so we can add remove leagues from a save game.

Amateur

Yes, you can!

Part-Timer

Elaborate on the topic then Nikandros33

Semi Pro

Amateur

What do you mean by "no tackles" ?

Quote Originally Posted by lfc 4 ever View Post

Quote Originally Posted by mightymind View Post
    What do you mean by "no tackles" ?
    He's referring to this.

Amateur

Default My View

Hey guys im new here but have been a CM ad now FM fan for over ten years.

Dont shoot me down or slag me off as this is only my opinion, but i feel like FM is losing its funs aspect a bit, dont get me wrong i love all the detail etc but i just always find myself re-installing 07 or 08 after every new release as i find these easier to manouver. The skins are slick and the screen is easy to use.

This is not an anti-2010 rant as i am really impressed with it so far, but i just feel the days of buying a player for a realistic price, and using basic tactics are over.

I myself stick to the old match commentary rather than the 3d view as well

perhaps im just an old vet moaning haha

but i am impresed with fm2010 so far, just hope it keeps my interest for a bit longer then the last one.

Amateur

So that no matter what you do, you can go to the origianl database and still play your game. It's a safety feature, as some people don't back up their data before editing, and low and behold, they cocked something up and had to re-install FM.

Amateur

Managin a lub and a nation at the same time is not possible anymore or it's just my game whose buggin?
    I have been offer a nation job. I accepted it but nothing happen day day later they offer me the job again same thing.
    is it because what i did which would be strange cuz I did it before in other FM.

I added a new manager to manage D R Congo national team then resign and I apply. ???!!

Default Re: My View

I'll merge this with the official feedback thread.

Amateur

ok give me the link

Semi Pro
    5 years, 5 trophies - fingers crossed! ;-)

Talking Re: Official Football Manager 2010 FEEDBACK Thread

Darth Vader has spoken!

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Can we keep this thread to feedback on the game please, it's tiresome deleting posts;)

Amateur

So, maybe the first patch will correct little bit this match engine "bug", as how many people complained about defense pb and static player around the ball player.

Thanks.

He's referring to this.

Amateur

--------------------------

absolute rubbish. So, they'd rather have people cancelling orders with steam, which costs more, and have the consumer go to shop to etc, which despatched early for a cheaper price. SI and SEGA can do nothing about the distributers letting them down, you clearly have no knowledge at all on this subject.

Amateur

So is there any nice surprise you did not see in demo ?

Amateur

I can't for the life of me find where the option to see the arrows for players attributes if they increase or decrease?

Part-Timer

Top right on the player tab. Little tick box.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by pires29 View Post
    I can't for the life of me find where the option to see the arrows for players attributes if they increase or decrease?
    When your on the players stat screen should be a little box right above the stats to the right

Amateur

Can't believe I never seen that I was looking there for about 10 minutes looking for a drop-box.

Thats quite embarassing.

Amateur

Have had the game for a day now (Thanks to the postal strike thread, shopto and ukmail) and haven't actually started my game with Matlock town yet, too busy editing and testing out my new data. Few little issues with the editor, theres a few things that I'd like to specify for my created comps that I can't such as playoff venues and as a result the game ended up playing them at an 'unknown' neutral ground and also you can't have more than 4 qualifying rounds for the FA Cup. Also the game does appear to struggle to place clubs in the right leagues again after promotions and relegation (for example Bishop Auckland in Durham put in the ryman league) but on a positive note, everything else that I'd created ran fine, so almost ready to start my save.

Semi Pro

I love the FM Forums... "Why can't they release it sooner?" for month after month... then "They released it early, how absurd!" for two days before the release.

I'm eager to get my copy... though we Yanks don't have the option of running down to the local shop and grabbing a midnight copy off the shelf. Come on Amazon, release, release, mail, mail... I've been encouraged by all the positive feedback about the game, though. Can't wait to see all the leagues being built using the editor. Hope everyone's enjoying!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by robertodibaggio View Post
    --------------------------

absolute rubbish. So, they'd rather have people cancelling orders with steam, which costs more, and have the consumer go to shop to etc, which despatched early for a cheaper price. SI and SEGA can do nothing about the distributers letting them down, you clearly have no knowledge at all on this subject.
    So why did Shopto release early? And why have there been similar problems in the past? Enlighten us.

Banned

Sorry, have to correct you there. I'm not an employee of either SI or Sega, and it was me who opened this thread. Normally, I'd have waited til tomorrow, but some poeple have managed to get the game early, and were posting their views on the game, so I felt I had to create this thread early.
    Two fingers to those who have not got the game - or did you even consider that? No point asking you about the patch either - we all know what will happen then.

Banned

I imagine SEGA will take this up with shop.to and tell them to avoid this next year round.

Zavvi didn't.

Again; tell me what you would do as SI/SEGA when one online shop is shipping 2 days before release?
    I was just explaining to you that SI/SEGA have no advantage when shop.to are shipping early. Whatever the reason might be for the early shipping.

Oh, and you're most welcome to come and visit my world of elves; we're all playing FM10...
    Thank you for the offer but I will respectfully decline. In the real world, there are many retail outlests (games and otherwise) who are struggling, particularly smaller independent outlets. They are more aware than most of the difficulties a recession brings and understand more the concept of "every penny counts". I think its grossly unfair that they have lost sales due to being stuck with a release date which ShopTo blatantly ignored. SI and SEGA can take steps - believe me I know. But they won't.
    Last edited by Tie Fighter; 29-10-2009 at 14:05.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tigerhgrrrrrr View Post
    Darth Vader has spoken!
    The force is with you tigerhgrrrr, but you are not a Jedi yet.

Amateur

Even if they could take steps, they're not going to tell us are they? How do you know they havent already taken these steps you feel so confident about? I can just imagine Miles coming on here and posting "God those shopto guys are gits releasing early! Dont worry i've put them in there place!" - real proffessional!

Lets face it, it seems your anger is only directed at one thing and that is shopto. So go on their forum and moan about the early release there! I've gotta be honest tie fighter your attitude towards SI/Sega for a breach in the sales contract that they are victims for is absolutely unwarrented and unfair.

So unless you can explain to me exactly what SI/Sega have done wrong, please keep this thread on topic!

Amateur

Soooo, how does it feel playing a game knowing you can actually surpass January ??

Part-Timer

It appears that the people who haven't yet received FM2010 are just trying to ruin it for the people that have. Bloody hell, can you people not just be happy for others and just know that It's not the end of the world that you have to wait another couple of days for you to own the game?

Sour grapes, much.

Personally, my copy has been shipped, I might have to wait till next week to receive it, but I'm happy.

Now STFU and let the people who have the game talk about it!

Amateur

I find it laughable that people are complaining about stores realeasing games early. They do this because people pre-order and expect their games on day of release, to do this they must send them early so they arrive on time. Most retailers give 2 days to make sure people get their orders on time. If you pre-ordered the game and it turned up 3 days after release you'd be annoyed because you could have picked it up in store on the day of release.

So get off your high horse, it happens to every game. You should be happy people are actually BUYING the game rather than searching high and low for illegal copies....

Amateur

So why did Shopto release early? And why have there been similar problems in the past? Enlighten us.
    -----------------------

You'll have to ask shopto. It has nowt to do with SEGA or SI. It may be released due to the possible postal strike, if they have made guarentees and taken extra money for next day delivery they will have to ensure the game reaches the destination. The bottom line is, people are crying cos some have theirs before others. Big deal, it isn't a race to play the game first, other people having the game doesn't affect you. Deal with it and stop being a baby.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by naz250 View Post
    Whilst is still obviously a bit early, I must say I am most impressed. The speed of the game is great, tried to test things out by running lots of leagues and it processes faster than last years by some way. The new editor functions are superb, and finally being able to manage in Cyprus is the major plus point for me. Well done to all involved!!!

The Cyprus league is now available in fm 10?

TIE FIGHTER

You seem to be a very angry man / boy. If ShopTo decide to send games out early, so be it. Well done to the people who get to enjoy the game early. I am waiting till release day as I want to start the game with the 1st patch already installed.

If the other stores really cared about "every penny" then they would have followed suit and sent games out early. They have the perfect excuse to due to the postal strikes.

Basically what has happened here is ShopTo have spotted a oppertunity and taken it, by doing so they have a gained a few extra sales. I say well done, thats what the business world is all about. Getting one over on your rivals.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Freagle View Post
    Soooo, how does it feel playing a game knowing you can actually surpass January ??
    I didn't get to December in the demo.

Semi Pro

Anyway... about the game itself...?

Amateur

Shopto ship the game early every year to be fair. I've got it a day or 2 early from them for the last couple of years. They seem to get away with it every time lol.

Zavvi didn't.

Amateur

When I started a new game and the screen comes up with what leagues you want to load I had a look at my computer performance rating and the other one, is it something to do with game speed?

Anyway I wanted to see how quick it would be so I tested it with only the EPL chosen and a small database but I still only had a rating of 3 stars for both. Even worse when I loaded England down to Blue Square North/South this rating went down to half a star for each.

Half a star?! I bought this laptop for £600 about a year ago so how can it be possible for it to be rated so lowly? All I have on the laptop is 13GB of music and FM09 & FM10 so surely I should be rated alot higher than that.

Amateur

I didn't get to December in the demo.

Yeah, same thing happened to me. For a couple of reasons really, one being that I don't want to get too deep into the Demo as I want to get a larger and better database behind the game. Second was simply the fact that knowing I won't be able to continue after January. Can't wait for Official release mate..

Reserves

Any chance someone can test the tactics screen for me please?

Just want to know if there is an annoying pause when opening this screen?

Semi Pro

Love the game. The only problem I have, and I've had it since 08, is not being able to see the % of wage being offered on a loan. I know it's a miniscule detail, but when I get 20 loan offers and I want the team to pay 100% wages I don't want to go through every single offer and look if that's what they're offering.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Skoolblowsme View Post
    Love the game. The only problem I have, and I've had it since 08, is not being able to see the % of wage being offered on a loan. I know it's a miniscule detail, but when I get 20 loan offers and I want the team to pay 100% wages I don't want to go through every single offer and look if that's what they're offering.
    It's easy now though as they introduced the "transfer centre" in 09. Which basically means you can do just that - have all offers including percentage wage being offered, on the same page.

Amateur

Im playing the worlds saddest song on the worlds smallest violin just for you.

And after that there will be a selection of songs, including but not limited to "Justin Timberlake: Cry me a river", "Manic Street Preachers: So why so sad?" and "Linkin Park: Pushing me away".

But seriously... stop complaining.

Ive got it pre ordered on steam and im able to behave like a mature adult (minus that bit up top) and wait for the game without making up conspiracy theories as to how SI and Sega are evil.

Amateur
    Help I'm a Southerner and have been kidknapped and forced to live up North. Ransom fee required.

Cool Re: Official Football Manager 2010 FEEDBACK Thread

I am so impressed with this version for the first time in years.

Though I'm just messing around playing the odd game and going into holiday mode as I'm waiting for the patch and some of the newer added leagues from the Editors Hideaway forum I cannot get over the speed of the game.

Yesturday I put it into holiday mode with 5 nations and 14 leagues (not much I know) and after 2 hours it had already done 3 and a bit seasons.

Previous versions would not of even got out of the first season, so well done SI.

I had a quick poke around where I'd stopped the game and one thing stood out which I thought was excellent. Derby County had a woman manager.

Heather Rabbatts had joined Derby as a youth coach from Millwall and after the manager had been sacked she was appointed caretaker manager and after having success was appointed as manager. Not only that she led Derby back into the Championship.

I just thought it was such a cool touch.

But like I said while I just tinker about it's the speed of the game which is so apparent at the moment.

Amateur

Really like the new layout but i'm gutted that if I load more than 4 divisions (i.e prem - league two) then the game speed and computer performance are half star ratings and it's going really slowly. Never going to be able to play a network game, never mind have a few nations leagues running. I imagine it will only get slower after patch updates and graphics being added too.

Time to save up for a new laptop that can run this much better.

Amateur

When I started a new game and the screen comes up with what leagues you want to load I had a look at my computer performance rating and the other one, is it something to do with game speed?

Anyway I wanted to see how quick it would be so I tested it with only the EPL chosen and a small database but I still only had a rating of 3 stars for both. Even worse when I loaded England down to Blue Square North/South this rating went down to half a star for each.

Half a star?! I bought this laptop for £600 about a year ago so how can it be possible for it to be rated so lowly? All I have on the laptop is 13GB of music and FM09 & FM10 so surely I should be rated alot higher than that.
    Anybody know any reason for this?^^^

Amateur

Anybody know any reason for this?^^^
    The rating system is very dodgy, doesn't seem to reflect the actual performance, especially for laptops. My Desktop gets 3.5 stars and my laptop gets 0.5, the laptop is better in every possible way. I find that just ignoring the warnings and setting the game to a level that I think my PC will cope with is the way to do it.

Part-Timer
    In a virtual world as a FM manager or a soldier on CoD

Wait for the patch... Apparently there is a problem with the star rating for some people i think so they said it would be fixed in the patch

Third Team

Thumbs up Wow, personal instructions on tactics screen

I just saw that if you go on the personal instructions page on the tactics screen for any player, you can not only find the explanations about their possible roles and duties, but also the respective key attributes needed for any role or duty highlighted below.

Great stuff!

KUTGW

Amateur

I doesn't seem to be accurate anyway I loaded 6 leagues and then holidayed to see who regens are looking, i've done a season and a half in less than an hour.

Semi Pro

Default Re: Wow, personal instructions on tactics screen

Yep it is good!

Amateur

Great game, Takes along time to get everythink sorted as this years is more detailed than ever! also Love the fans review after everygame. Is the patch going to be released at 12 tonight or tomorrow day?

Amateur

Really don't see why people are making a big fuss about this thread being opened early and some people getting their game early. Get over yourselves! On the subject of the game, I'm impressed so far, though obviously having not got too far into the game I haven't seen every single new feature, but good so far.

First Team Squad Member
    Is finding it difficult to settle in the new forum. Is homesick. Is Unsettled.

Anyone that's holidayed the game a while - how are the regens?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Wakers View Post
    I'm just in December 2010 gonna leave it till the start of the next season to have a look and see how this years ones have progressed.

Liverpool won the league at a canter last year hope they aren't over-rated like Arsenal were last year.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Wakers View Post
    Just messing about at moment but found this guy

Amateur

Haven't gone too far in the game but my scouts are already coming up with regens, and some of them look terrific tbh.
    I'm signing a 16 years old MC for bastia in Ligue1, he's already a regular and could easily make it in a decent premiership club starting 11

So all in all they look really good

First Team Squad Member
    Is finding it difficult to settle in the new forum. Is homesick. Is Unsettled.

That's a bit odd - Liverpool shouldn't be anywhere near the title with the squad they've got!

Then again, I guess that's a different argument for a different forum

Nice to see about regens - no silly patters like no new player having a high decisions stat, or all new players having high physical stats etc etc?

Amateur

It's bloody awesome , makes it alot easier and faster to choose the best player for role.

Going to merge this with the feedback thread.

Amateur

is it wrong to give everton 15m to spend as moyes gets tha a the start

The two months FML offer is a nice touch - cheers SI, I'll think about it now!

The first general feedback I can offer is how much more professional the whole package looks. The back of the case highlights SI's achievements and clarifies exactly what has been improved and how.

Another nice touch is the promise of an official January transfer window update in February - it's nice to know this will happen from an early stage.

The gameplay itself, as demonstrated by the, erm, demo, is superb. I am already thoroughly immersed in the game and consider myself lucky to have received it early - especially in the midst of a postal strike!!!

The only fault I can say about this years game is the white skin - other than that, this is comfortably the best incarnation of FM, and the best from SI overall since CM01/02. Hell, I'll go even further - it's the best football management game ever seen.

Off topic slightly, but can the Tie Fighter guy come back please?
    He says funny stuff.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast