The FM10 Danny Roberts Challenge

FM10's Version of The Danny Roberts Challenge.

FM08's "The Danny Roberts Challenge : Difficulty GODLIKE (Part 2)"

FM09's "The Danny Roberts Challenge : Difficulty GODLIKE (Part 3)"

The main idea behind the Danny Roberts challenge, is to have 1 player score 1,000 goals for club and country under your management. There are no rules as to how you attain the player, although the editor MUST NOT be used. Season reports of potential challengers are encouraged.

During the past 3 incarnations of the game, a fair few players (Around 10 I think) have gone on to achieve the feat of scoring 1,000 + goals. It is widely known that Roberts is regarded as the most amazing player of all to achieve the landmark, due to the fact he scored all 1,000+ club goals in the Premiership under the management of dafuge.

Alongside Roberts, Andrew Smylie has made quite a name for himself in scoreing currently 2,860 goals for Knockbreda.

Feel free to enter in as many as possible, and we'll keep more of a track of the entries and goals in this thread, and compile some top 10's as the thread progresses.

As far as I know, there were no players that completed the challenge in FM09 (although I know some are close, and still going) - but FM08 was ripe with 1,000 goal scorers.

Challenge Rules :

This challenge can be attempted while playing any other challenges. So those of you having a crack at Gundo's, Rancers, canvey!!'s or dafuge's Challenge that come across a fantastic prospect for this challenge, feel free to come in and post your updates.

Use of an EDITOR is not permitted, unless the use is ONLY for league editing. Should there be any potential evidence to assume foul play with regards to this rule, the rule will be revoked, and no editing will be allowed. Please don't take ruin this for others by cheating.

Any player involved in this challenge MUST score the goals under human management. Therefore, if you have Player A and Club X and he scores 500 goals, then you move clubs, the player only has 500 goals towards the tally. If you buy the player and take him with you, and he scores 500 more, this will make his 1,000. If you do not buy him and he scores 500 more, this DOES NOT count towards the Challenge Tally and must not be added into final totals.

International Goals count either under Human, OR AI management.

Friendly International Goals DO Count.

Friendly Club Goals DO NOT Count.

Screenshots are encouraged where possible.

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 1,000 Goal Club :

Intro :

The 1,000 goal club is for those exclusive players that manage to reach the 1,000 goal mark in any FM game. These players will be carried forward through each rendition, and will be updated as new players, from new versions get inducted into this.

There are 2 players for sure that are missing from this list. First, the amazing Danny Roberts. Hopefully daf can dig up every picture he has left, and gives me some exact figures so I can add him in here. Also from FM06, is Gareth Black (also managed by me). I have all of his screenies on Photobucket. I'll update him later.

Kerrison [Age 35] (FM09)

Manager : Santy001

Club : Stoke

League : English Premiership

Nation : Brazil (103 Caps, 219 Goals)

Total Goals : 1,946

Paul Wallace [Retired] (FM08)

Manager : NepentheZ

Club : Knockbreda F.C

League : N. Ireland

Nation : N. Irish (42 Caps, 4 Goals)

Total Goals : 1,073

Andrew Smylie [Retired] (FM08)

Club : Knockbreda F.C

Nation : N. Irish (118 Caps, 64 Goals)

Total Goals : 3,145

Josef Svec [Retired] (FM08)

Manager : kroblues

Club : East Belfast

Nation : Czech (3 Caps, 0 Goals)

Total Goals : 1,233

Dean Evans [Age 30] (FM08)

Manager : Ridleys

Club : Rasharkin

Nation : Welsh (74 Caps, 49 Goals)

Total Goals : 1,049

Danny Roberts [Retired] (FM06)

Manager : dafuge

Club : Braintree

Nation : English (159 Caps, 178 Goals)

Total Goals : 1,089

Gareth Black [Aged 30] (FM06)

Club : Arsenal

Nation : English (130 Caps, 307 Goals)

Total Goals : 1,034

Paul Spence [Age 38] (FM08)

Manager : kroblues

Club : East Belfast

Nation : N. Irish (140 Caps, 126 Goals)

Total Goals : 3,161

Frank Dunlop [Age 32] (FM08)

Club : Knockbreda

Nation : N. Irish (66 Caps, 16 Goals)

Total Goals : 1,071

Bernard Brennan [Age 32] (FM09)

Manager : hamilton162

Club : FC United

League : England

Nation : R.O.I (87 Caps, 65 Goals)

Total Goals : 1,028

Chris Higgins [Age 31] (FM10)

Manager : PVentress

Club : Tottenham

League : England

Nation : English (145 Caps, 343 Goals)

Total Goals : 1,922

FM10's Top Ten Scorers :

N/A

(Example)

John Doe : 479 Goals

Joe Bloggs : 430 Goals

Paul Smith : 299 Goals

All Time Top Scorers :

1. Paul Spence - 3,161 Goals
  2. Andrew Smylie - 3,145 Goals
  3. Kerrison - 1,946 Goals
  4. Chris Higgins - 1,922
  5. Josef Svec - 1,233 Goals
  6. Danny Roberts - 1,089 Goals*
  7. Paul Wallace - 1,073 Goals
  8. Frank Dunlop - 1,071 Goals
  9. Dean Evans - 1,049 Goals
  10. Gareth Black - 1,034 Goals
  11. Bernard Brennan - 1,028 Goals
  12. Oswaldo Even - 654 Goals

* Danny Roberts had all of his information lost in the forum purge last year. dafuge remembers his final total to be 1,089, which I have no reason to disbelieve. The screen shot provided, is the only screen shot left of Roberts, and will have to be enough for those of you that are interested.

I love these kind of challenges. I had a guy on 08 called Paul Taylor, 862 goals in 991 appearances. Great player, played at every level of the English system with me. Then was a coach for 18 years and eventually my ass man. I loved that bloke. Shame his career ended somewhat prematurely, he would have easily reached 1000 goals if his injury proneness wasn't so high.

I love these kind of challenges. I had a guy on 08 called Paul Taylor, 862 goals in 991 appearances. Great player, played at every level of the English system with me. Then was a coach for 18 years and eventually my ass man. I loved that bloke. Shame his career ended somewhat prematurely, he would have easily reached 1000 goals if his injury proneness wasn't so high.

Do you have screen shots for him?

All Time Top Scorers :

1. Andrew Smylie - 2,860 Goals
  2. Danny Roberts - 1,089 Goals*
  3. Paul Wallace - 1,073 Goals
  4. Dean Evans - 1,049 Goals
  5. Josef Svec - 1,001 Goals
  6. Frank Dunlop - 748 Goals
  7. Bernard Brennan - 595 Goals

Got another one for you:

Oswaldo Even - 612 Goals

Here's a proof shot - he played quite a few games on the wing last season but I've no idea why here's there in that team.

Ahh, he is for your dartford game. Do you have any more screeneis than that? If they're in the updates on your Career Thread, then I'll get them myself and do your FM09 Danny Roberts Challenge for you. (I've got a couple spare hours now, so getting this done :D )

If not, then I'll just have to use those two.

Ahh, he is for your dartford game. Do you have any more screeneis than that? If they're in the updates on your Career Thread, then I'll get them myself and do your FM09 Danny Roberts Challenge for you. (I've got a couple spare hours now, so getting this done :D )

If not, then I'll just have to use those two.

What other shots are you after?

There's probably a yearly profile picture of him in my career thread and I could take a year by year set of history shots if that's any good?

No Screen Shot at all = No entry. Sorry.

I have all the Screenies I need for Even. I can do the Danny Roberts challenge post on your behalf, if you want? Ideally, I'd like it in the same manner as Smylies, so that I can link the end career stats to the name, and not just a random post.

Also, this means you can't delete the screen shots for the players.

(I've actually already thought about this, and will download every screen for every player involved, and put them on my external HD, incase they get lost in cyber space. :thup:

No Screen Shot at all = No entry. Sorry.

I have all the Screenies I need for Even. I can do the Danny Roberts challenge post on your behalf, if you want? Ideally, I'd like it in the same manner as Smylies, so that I can link the end career stats to the name, and not just a random post.

Also, this means you can't delete the screen shots for the players.

(I've actually already thought about this, and will download every screen for every player involved, and put them on my external HD, incase they get lost in cyber space. :thup:

I thought that was the case with the screenshots. I regularly have to delete my screenshots, so I only tend to keep the recent ones. I hit the photobucket limit this week :eek:

That would be great if you could do Even's page in the same style, although at only 612 goals he's going to always be at the bottom since I've finished that game now.

Yeah. It looks like you've greyed out text between the date, and your name / club, underneath the players name.

I see what you mean now. It is just where the black on white text causes a bit of colour bleeding around the text due to the lower quality of the JPEG. It is the same on every screenshot I've taken. It was really bad on the Softies screenshots.

As far as I know, there were no players that completed the challenge in FM09 (although I know some are close, and still going) - but FM08 was ripe with 1,000 goal scorers.
We officially have 6 players with 1,000+ Goals. :D :D \o/

YP1 will get there too, making it 7 :D

Lets hope we can have 1 with 3,000 + *Devil*

I'm still going to be continuing with my FM09 FC United save, so Brennan should make it 8 official completions :D

Looking forward to it hamilton :thup:
Go go Hamilton :thup: You may as well be the one and only competitor in FM09 in the hall of fame!

Edit: Bah. Just realized that Santy's Keirrison has hit 1,700s mark in FM09!

You may have to wait a while, but i'll keep plodding along to the magical mark :thup:

I don't care if someone else has completed it before me, it's the fact that i'm probably going to get there in the end that spurs me on :D

Do you still have the save game with him in, Hacker? If so, just load up FM08, open the save, and boom, you can get the screenies :D

Uninstalled my game two days ago, and deleted the save files I had used, and all PKMs, so as far as the world is concerned, Paul Taylor never even existed... :thdn:

Gutted Hacker :(

Well, all you can do is try again :D - So get to it. :thup:

Tell Smilie to watch out. My super regens are gunning for him... :D

In fact, your save was the last save I ever played on 08. Played 3 matches, won them all without conceding a goal and scoring 18. So these unreal scoring feats are perfectly understandable.

haha. Nice. I wonder how many people have actually downloaded and played that. :D - I know 3 people (including you) form the forums have.

I've had a go at your save too.

Only played a handful of games, but it was interesting to have a play and see how you approach things.

This challenge can be attempted while playing any other challenges. So those of you having a crack at Gundo's, Rancers, canvey!!'s or dafuge's Challenge that come across a fantastic prospect for this challenge, feel free to come in and post your updates.

canvey!! will not be having a challenge this year. In fact, canvey!! is not even sure if he will buy the game this year.

I'll be hoping to get another contender at some point on FM10. Given how much faster it processes, should fly through the seasons and eventually find a regen on par with Keirrison. Who will, when Nep updates it next time, will go in at #2 on that all time list at the age of 35.

Pity I'll never see how it all panned out with FM10 being mine tomorrow. But Keirrison will be mine on that game at some point lol.

Nice guy you've got there UH :thup:

For the record :

Smylie so far THIS SEASON :

Games : 24(2)

Goals : 42

Amazing scenes..!! He struggled to score in the first 10 games of the season, but has bagged 16 Goals in the last 5 games, leaving him with

98 Goals left, until 3,000

For the record :

Smylie so far THIS SEASON :

Games : 24(2)

Goals : 42

Amazing scenes..!! He struggled to score in the first 10 games of the season, but has bagged 16 Goals in the last 5 games, leaving him with

98 Goals left, until 3,000

It just goes to show that the man can never be put down :thup: On for yet another 100 goal season perhaps? :D

Archived