Has FM Increased your Football IQ?

Has FM Increased your Football IQ?  

373 members have voted

1. 1. Has FM Increased your Football IQ?

• Yes FM made me Know things about Football.
    • No it didnt increase my Football IQ.
    • No Playing FM lowerd my IQ.

Has FM increased your football IQ example you know more players and learn about more teams ect ?

FM its increased my Football IQ .now I remember the full squad For Braintree off by heart and I didn't even know who they was .. when I managed them in 09 but i learned them and looked at there history and player report , I chose them when i was unemployed and I became fond of them and starting supporting them in real life making me watch there matches ect . and now I know a lot more players that I didn't know in the football world.

I would say it has increased my interest in the less glamorous leagues.

For example I have watched matches of small European teams like Forex Bv (RIP) because I've managed them on FM.

yeah same ere you , when you manage a small club and you had a long season with them you get tempted to watch there real matches.

Has FM increased your football IQ example you know more players and learn about more teams ect ?

FM its increased my Football IQ .now I remember the full squad For Braintree off by heart and I didn't even know who they was .. when I managed them in 09 but i learned them and looked at there history and player report , I chose them when i was unemployed and I became fond of them and starting supporting them in real life making me watch there matches ect . and now I know a lot more players that I didn't know in the football world.

That is so sweet!!!!!!! :D

Kenco is correct. my KNOWLEDGE of football has certainly been enhanced - I recognise players from FM who first make an appearance on TV; I know clubs from obscure places, and I come to love little lower league teams - but not Braintree; some thug tried to kill me there when I was a teenager!

Kenco is correct. my KNOWLEDGE of football has certainly been enhanced - I recognise players from FM who first make an appearance on TV; I know clubs from obscure places, and I come to love little lower league teams - but not Braintree; some thug tried to kill me there when I was a teenager!

oh sorry for that mistake about the IQ thing ...

LMAOO!!!! sorry about laughing that someone tried to skill you , but its funny im never going Braintree now lol.

I had a typical American attitude towards the game before I bought FM05. Boring game, not enough scoring...you could barely get me to watch a match on TV, unless it was the Olympics, and even then, it couldn't command my attention. Then OOTP took a year off, and I said "What the heck, I'll give this FM game I've heard so much about a try."

I haven't looked back. And I can safely say, everything I know about soccer/football, I've been taught by FM. I've started supporting an English team (buying the away shirt every year, following them on the Internet, have added seeing a match in person to my bucketlist), I've been to some local matches (Go Fire!), and watch Fox Soccer Channel religiously on Saturday.

At one of these matches, my eldest son asked me, "Do you see little blobs running up and down the field when you look out there?" "Well," said I, "sorta. Thing is, you can't always watch the guy with the ball." The MR was making a run at the time, while the opposite striker held the ball. "Watch that guy," I told my son, pointing out the winger. He cut inside as the striker fed him a cross, and he shot. The shot was saved, but my point was made. "How did you know that?" my son asked. I shrugged. "They're acting like blobs..."

It has certainly made me focus more than just goals and stuff.

Made me much more aware of player movement and so forth. For example when Sheva struggled with chelsea, I noticed that initially he WAS making brilliant moves and getting into threatening spaces but passes never got made to him. Unfortunately the times when the ball DID get to him, his lack of pace and time made him worse than his efforts would show.

Hey, it was thanks to CM2 that I support Chelsea or got into following the sport at all.

I think I gained football knowledge and football IQ. As for the knowledge it's easy: I know a lot more players and clubs now. But I have also started to think about many tactical issues such as when to employ an offside-trap and things like this since I started playing FM. Things, I didn't really think about when I was still a player in real life ;)

It's not just the current players I've become more familiar with through FM, I will search for all the Legends and Icons of all the English teams to find out about them and their careers.

Now I know who Leighton James, Jimmy McIlroy and Ted Bates are.

I had a typical American attitude towards the game before I bought FM05. Boring game, not enough scoring...you could barely get me to watch a match on TV, unless it was the Olympics, and even then, it couldn't command my attention. Then OOTP took a year off, and I said "What the heck, I'll give this FM game I've heard so much about a try."

I haven't looked back. And I can safely say, everything I know about soccer/football, I've been taught by FM. I've started supporting an English team (buying the away shirt every year, following them on the Internet, have added seeing a match in person to my bucketlist), I've been to some local matches (Go Fire!), and watch Fox Soccer Channel religiously on Saturday.

At one of these matches, my eldest son asked me, "Do you see little blobs running up and down the field when you look out there?" "Well," said I, "sorta. Thing is, you can't always watch the guy with the ball." The MR was making a run at the time, while the opposite striker held the ball. "Watch that guy," I told my son, pointing out the winger. He cut inside as the striker fed him a cross, and he shot. The shot was saved, but my point was made. "How did you know that?" my son asked. I shrugged. "They're acting like blobs..."

Very similar story. American and spent the first 45 years of my life KNOWING soccer was boring. Bought my first FM actually WWSM in 2006 and have spent the last 4 years enjoying football.

Most of what I know about football I learned from FM, certainly all of the basics. Anything else was learned from watching matches on FSC and ESPN, which of course I would have never done if not for buying FM:D

Same here it has definitely raised my football IQ, and even my regular IQ. I was just familiar with North America & Caribbean being born in Trinidad & Tobago and being raised in New York in the States, its opened my eyes to african and asian clubs countries and clubs, lol sometimes I click on countries flags to learn their capital cities. I also love seeing all the flags from the different countries around the world. And Also learning about players and what nations they play for. And seeing stats for famous managers from their playing days. Man I LOVE FM!!!

My friends constantly comment on how ridiculous my football knowledge is since i started playing FM. I have a pretty good memory (i like to think) but they're all amazed at how i know about all these random african and eastern european clubs...

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I just got into soccer (football) recently so it's all a learning process, I didn't know anything about positions or how the reserve teams were set up and all that. Also I'm becoming more familiar with teams and players, even though (obviously) teams aren't the same in FM and RL.

Archived