Im new to stea but just pre ordered

Basically, it should register as a pre-order on your account.

Some games let you "pre-load" the came before release, this means the game is present on your system so when the game is actually released oficially, you've already beaten the launch day traffic so to speak.

Even if you pre-load, if this is available, you won't be able to play until Friday when the game is officially released.

Just to add to that it should be released at 12.01 on friday even though on the countdown to release it says it will be activated friday afternoon, ignore it as i've bought games and they have said they would be activated late afternoon and then at 11, 1 hour before the release date it says 1 hour remaining. And then an all nighter playing on the best game in the world. As you can guess im probs gonna go the steam route just like you.

Just to add to that it should be released at 12.01 on friday even though on the countdown to release it says it will be activated friday afternoon, ignore it as i've bought games and they have said they would be activated late afternoon and then at 11, 1 hour before the release date it says 1 hour remaining. And then an all nighter playing on the best game in the world. As you can guess im probs gonna go the steam route just like you.

My countdown to release actually says Thursday afternoon now...

Oh yeah i've just gone on and as it states now this game will unlock in one day and 16 hours good shout mate. I haven't pre ordered as im getting paid on friday but will lend money etc if it comes out on steam earlier than friday. It also says available on the 29th which to me suggests that it will go live at 12.01 on the 29th, so 12.01 on thursday morning not friday morning like it was supposed to.

I just checked it and it does say the 29th now, maybe they've changed it due to the amount of people who'll be getting the physical copy tomorrow or Thursday. I hope it will also be available for digital download from Game at the same time, as I've ordered it from there and it stills says 00.01 on the 30th. Would be nice to play it on Thursday night as I'm busy on Friday.

Oh yeah i've just gone on and as it states now this game will unlock in one day and 16 hours good shout mate. I haven't pre ordered as im getting paid on friday but will lend money etc if it comes out on steam earlier than friday. It also says available on the 29th which to me suggests that it will go live at 12.01 on the 29th, so 12.01 on thursday morning not friday morning like it was supposed to.

My countdown to release actually says Thursday afternoon now...
I just checked it and it does say the 29th now, maybe they've changed it due to the amount of people who'll be getting the physical copy tomorrow or Thursday. I hope it will also be available for digital download from Game at the same time, as I've ordered it from there and it stills says 00.01 on the 30th. Would be nice to play it on Thursday night as I'm busy on Friday.

Yeah that will be the reason but to be quite honest if they are doing it for that reason they should release it now the start of wednesday as people who have ordered off shopto.net and HMV will have it 2mrw along with some other places who are shipping early due to postal strikes. Just think the amount of people who would order off Steam if they released it now. I know I would thats for sure.

I think what they seem to have done in bringing the release forward 1 day is more than reasonable. Yes, a number of people will have the game tomorrow, but I think a large number will also have to wait until Thursday. I just hope they bring the Game/Games Planet direct download release in line with the Steam one. Am I like the only person who's ordered it digitally from Game lol?

Yeah that will be the reason but to be quite honest if they are doing it for that reason they should release it now the start of wednesday as people who have ordered off shopto.net and HMV will have it 2mrw along with some other places who are shipping early due to postal strikes. Just think the amount of people who would order off Steam if they released it now. I know I would thats for sure.

I think what they seem to have done in bringing the release forward 1 day is more than reasonable. Yes, a number of people will have the game tomorrow, but I think a large number will also have to wait until Thursday. I just hope they bring the Game/Games Planet direct download release in line with the Steam one. Am I like the only person who's ordered it digitally from Game lol?

Lol maybe I think most people who do direct downloads use Steam but i've used Direct2Drive before would never have thought to use GAME but I was aware that they did direct downloads.

Archived