Will the 1st patch be save game compatible?

• Administrators

Yeah of course, however some things in the game only come into effect (say perhaps competition rule changes) if you start a new game.

Personally I have no problem starting a game and continuing it with patched versions, but that's just me on my 'home' game - it's up to you.

Or will a new game be needed in order to get teh best out of the game?

Just thinking for those lucky enough (i.e. me!) to get the game tomorrow

Patches are always save game compatible but si normally recommend starting afresh to get the most out of them. If this first patch contains a data data update, which seems likely considering things like the appointment of Gordon Strachan, then you wont have a choice but to start a new game if you want a full update.

Like you I to am expecting the game to arrive tomorrow but I think I will wait until friday until I install the game though since I am still quite enjoying the demo.

Yeah just keep in mind that the data is already out of date.

Strachans been hired, Southgate fired.

Some players will be crocked, and some will no longer be crocked (specificaly Nacho Novo who in the game is out for 3 months but in real life he recovered in 4 weeks).

Rangers have about 50 takeover rumours a day, with the new chairman even stating he is only there to sell the club (in the game the chairman is not looking to sell).

Plus other stuff.

Archived