exclusivity from Miles

GREAT HIDDEN NEWS !!!!

Miles Jacobson

Sports Interactive

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's interesting to see so many people talking about CM's animations in these threads.

I agree with those that say they have done a good job animation wise (I won't comment about the rest though).

Which is maybe why one of the animators who worked on CM09 (which became CM10) now works at Sports Interactive, and was responsible for all the new animations in FM10. The future for us is pretty bright on that score

Miles Jacobson

Sports Interactive

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdunk

At least we now know why FM is so full of backroom staff being poached, SI do it too

We didn't poach at all. We advertised the job, he applied, and had already left before he applied.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladies love cool james

Not sure about that tbh. Even though CM is almost shocking in every regard it had a two year development cycle which included 500 animations for each player. I'm not certain SI will be able to improve that part of the game so dramatically within half of the time span. Seeing as SI add about 100 or so new animations in each new version of the 3D engine. The animations are the only redeeming feature of CM. I'm guessing CM have allocated alot more resources than SI in that department as well.

Mark started with us in April if I recall correctly. There are well over 100 new animations in FM10 (that was the amount at the time of the initial announcement) and most of the previous animations were re-done. In about 5 months.

I'm not saying we'll have over 500 animations in FM11 - but I do think that animations have already improved massively, and the match viewer team are incredibly ambitious with what is planned for the long term. It's my job to make sure that we don't bite off more than we can chew for each version in that regard.

He was, although it was already known that we needed it at some point. He hammered home the need though.

Archived