+ Reply to Thread

Thread: exclusivity from Miles

Amateur

Default exclusivity from Miles

GREAT HIDDEN NEWS !!!!

Miles Jacobson
    Sports Interactive

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's interesting to see so many people talking about CM's animations in these threads.

I agree with those that say they have done a good job animation wise (I won't comment about the rest though).

Which is maybe why one of the animators who worked on CM09 (which became CM10) now works at Sports Interactive, and was responsible for all the new animations in FM10. The future for us is pretty bright on that score

Miles Jacobson
    Sports Interactive

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bigdunk
    At least we now know why FM is so full of backroom staff being poached, SI do it too

We didn't poach at all. We advertised the job, he applied, and had already left before he applied.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ladies love cool james
    Not sure about that tbh. Even though CM is almost shocking in every regard it had a two year development cycle which included 500 animations for each player. I'm not certain SI will be able to improve that part of the game so dramatically within half of the time span. Seeing as SI add about 100 or so new animations in each new version of the 3D engine. The animations are the only redeeming feature of CM. I'm guessing CM have allocated alot more resources than SI in that department as well.

Mark started with us in April if I recall correctly. There are well over 100 new animations in FM10 (that was the amount at the time of the initial announcement) and most of the previous animations were re-done. In about 5 months.
    I'm not saying we'll have over 500 animations in FM11 - but I do think that animations have already improved massively, and the match viewer team are incredibly ambitious with what is planned for the long term. It's my job to make sure that we don't bite off more than we can chew for each version in that regard.

He was, although it was already known that we needed it at some point. He hammered home the need though.

markyosullivan

Default Re: exclusivity from Miles

Sounds very goood to me. More animations!

Amateur

Sounds great to me too, just what FM/SI needed a quality 3D guy. Well Done Keep it Up guys

Semi Pro

Well done SI! Improvements on animations have to be made as the years roll by. Who knows; we may have over 500 new animations when FM2011 comes out or even over 1000 animations when FM2012 comes out!

Part-Timer

numbers mean nothing to me. as long as the game is good.

Youth Team
    Reading - Season ticket holder since before we were any good

Sounds spot on to me, well done again SI.

Amateur
    Behind a keyboard, mouse and a monitor, whilst cheering the almighty Reading FC!

Cool, animations will be better then ever before!

Amateur

the animations in CM really do put FM to shame so its good they have this animator on board, hopefully FM2011 will have a decent 3d engine as well as lots of changes.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Robin_ellis_19 View Post
    Cool, animations will be better then ever before!
    It could only get better.

Amateur

tbh i think half the animation in CM10 suck, theres one in particular that really anoys me, no matter how short the pass it almost always looks like the player is hitting it full force.

+ Reply to Thread