Any one really enjoying FM09 currently?

Dur to a rest in the summer months i read an article reguarding ultimatems and getting the sack, i had completed 2 season's and was about to start my 3rd with forest and felt i had a squad capable of challenging for the title. After giving my board an ultimatum and finding my self sacked i took the vacant job at Millwall in league 1..

Millwall was touted as relegation candidates pres season but with a thew new players i just won the League in my last game of the season, first ever trophey iv had on FM09, I hadnt let a goal in my last 8 games winning them all and only letting 4 goals in my last 15 games and 3 of those where in a 3-3 draw at home. this really has bought my joy back to the game after a summer blip and here we are about to have FM10 released, Only problem is im so tempted to play another season on 09 beofre moving over to FM10.

Any one else find them selves in the same place and enjoying 09?

For the first time in quite a while I'm only interested in the release of the new game and have uninstalled the previous version from my laptop in readiness. Playing FM10 felt the same as playing any CM/FM for the first time - like a wide-eyed kid in a sweet shop. :eek:

In response to the OP - no I'm not. :D

For the first time in quite a while I'm only interested in the release of the new game and have uninstalled the previous version from my laptop in readiness. Playing FM10 felt the same as playing any CM/FM for the first time - like a wide-eyed kid in a sweet shop. :eek:

In response to the OP - no I'm not. :D

Your not alone, I downloaded the demo, then had just about one match. My jaw dropped, wow, I couldn't wait for the game. I went to Game to buy it, annoyingly it's not being released until Friday. I was scanning the game shelves too.

Sadly no I am not playing '09. Enjoy it yes, I would still do now but with the new release round the corner and Windows 7. I won't be playing that for a while.

Was just doing what would be a final season yesterday when results were so poor I was actually sacked in November after seasons of titles, CLs and all sorts of success (inc 3 titles in a row prior to that season). 23 seasons I was there in my main save and I guess being fired just before FM10 is out brings a proper sense of closure to 09 and my best career ever.

I'm in FM limbo at them moment. I won everything in a season woth Everton (about 2015 in game) a month or so back so I gave up that save. I couldn't get the motivation to start another game with 2010 so close.

Still have FM09 installed but its not gonna get played anymore, tried to motivate myself to play 09 until the release of the full FM10 but I just cant do it knowing that there will be something better available in a few days.

I've spent 9 seasons with East Fife. Most of those seasons I've spend bouncing from the 2nd div to the 1st and back and forth again, but this season has been my most productive as well as my most exiting. I've built up a really good, strong and Scottish squad. In my formative years I brought in a lot of foreign players in via free transfers, I couldn't attract good young Scots because of our status in the lower leagues of Scotland, plus I didn't have the finances in order to snap up anyone who was half-decent.

Last season at long last I managed to get to grips with the Scottish 1st division. Over the years my tactics and formations have changed and altered, my philosophy has become a lot less naive and a lot more structured and responsible. I've finally cracked it, at long last I've finally found out EXACTLY how to use the sliders! (Typical, I've cracked the sliders and now they are gone for FM2010 - bloody typical!) - I've managed to finagle and pinch and snatch a good bunch of very great young Scottish players - as a result of my ingenious form of wheeling and dealing. I've added my young Scots to a few of the foreign lads who are still with the club, and I'll say this, I've moulded the best squad that I've ever had of any very of Football Manager (and before that, Championship Manager)

Anyway, we scrapped, scraped, scratches and scored our way to a remarkable 5th position - this from a club who were predicted to go straight down. I was absolutely chuffed to bits! 5th place was snatched on the final day of the season (If we lost our last match then we were looking at a very decent, but less impressive, 7th place.

This season we've kicked on, my kids are a year older and a year wiser, they've learned from playing top team football and they've also taken bits and pieces from the "senior members of the squad" (My oldest player is 30 - which underlines how young my squad is) I also added a couple of more youngsters to the squad. We were actually at the summit of the league for a good portion of the season, but at the end it was all too much for my kids, they finally ran out of steam and we finished 4th, after being in the top 2 for 2/3 of the season. But once again, I was proud of the effort, the skill, the tenacity and the spirit of my kids.

We also won the Challenge Cup, the first time in the clubs history.

I'm now at the back-end of that particular season. I'm giving all my kids 5 year contracts (most of them are on 4 as it is, but I like to extend it, just in case) I'm pumped up and primed for next season, and I'm confident that I will guide East Fife into the SPL.

The average age of my squad is 22 and the domestic bias is 75%

I currently have 12 Scottish youth internationals, two English 21 international (one of the English kids has been labeled the new Owen Hargreaves)

Bring on next season!

---

I might give Football Manager 2010 a miss for a couple of months as I'm enjoying my current FM2009 way too much. :D

I was enjoying my game until a month ago, though it wasn't down to the game itself, it was more the loss of my hall of fame file. I had a really good save going where my goal was to win 3 out of the 4 continents I had leagues running in top club trophy. I had already won the champions league in Europe, North America and Asia twice and only had to win the South American trophy. At this point I had some major sluggish performance from my PC, and wiped everything, backing up the essential files but I forgot all about the Hall of Fame. As I had my best ever ratings, I found I had no interest in continuing my game as I was aiming to get as high up the Hall of Fame tables as I could by the time FM10 came out.

:eek: That's just devastating

I would HAVE to do another season:D

I'd quite happily do another 10-15 seasons if it wasn't for FM10. It has, however given me a new long term target with the new game, I want to win the World Cup with a team made entirely of youth products from my club.

Archived