+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: [Released] FM2010 Sound Pack

Amateur

Does this officially work now?

Amateur

yeah.would also like to know if this works 100% with FM11

Amateur

it works for me. just do what milco35 says a few posts up and enjoy.

Banned

do not try this pack for FM2011

it will not WORK you have bee warned

Amateur

we need a updated version as there is many files that are new to FM11 and wont be usable once you overwrite

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by tappingjoelewis View Post

take it you have tried it using what milco35 says then?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by tappingjoelewis View Post

Why won't it work?
    Please elaborate.

Amateur

Hi guys.

This is just a heads up, to let you know that I'm not buying FM2011 until patch 3 this time around, and as such, will not be in a position to work on a new Sound Pack until then, if this one does not work on 11.

I'm still really enjoying a few saves on FM10 at the moment, and the last couple of years I've not really enjoyed the game until the final patch was released; so I decided to carry on enjoying my games on the excellent 10.3 for now.

During the last year though, a few members here emerged as being very capable of producing add ons to my original pack, so I'm sure someone here can come up with a great Sound Pack for you.

If no-one else has made one by the time patch 3 comes out though, I'll be happy to produce another Sound Pack.

Just wanted to let you know my position, so as you're not waiting around for me.

Thanks, and I hope you all enjoy your new game.

Benn.

Amateur

Thanks for the update!
    Enjoy your 10.3 games!
    Fingers crossed for someone else to create this.

Third Team

I've updated the pack for FM11, it's basically the same sound pack for FM10 with all the team/player chants i added on, just with a couple of tweaked sounds.

Just testing it for errors now, i'll upload it soon.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Barkermush View Post
    I've updated the pack for FM11, it's basically the same sound pack for FM10 with all the team/player chants i added on, just with a couple of tweaked sounds.

Just testing it for errors now, i'll upload it soon.
    brilliant news i can't wait for this

Third Team

Seems to be fine. Uploading now.. it may take a while though.

Amateur

let me know when its posted lol

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Mufckingud7 View Post
    let me know when its posted lol
    It's just finished now.

Sound Pack for use with Football Manager 2011 Only Created by Bennico, edited by me.

Installation instructions are in the 'Read Me'
    Don't forget to back up your original Events/ Sounds folder incase of any future problems!

Download here.

If anybody spots any bugs, just let me know.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Barkermush; 17-11-2010 at 02:50. Reason: added download link

Amateur

Cheers for this, you not on msn much these days

Third Team

Cheers for this, you not on msn much these days
    No problem.

I know mate, i don't go on msn that much these days, only once in a blue moon lol.

Amateur

I should have the file soon and start testing it out

Amateur

Hi Barkermush:

Thank you very much for releasing the soundpack, I do love it and I was waiting for this at FM 2011. However once I installed it and played the first game I've got a crash dump at minute 10. It seems FM2011 is so unstable and sensitive whenever you add stuff (skin, logos, etc) to the game.

I'd like to know if this soundpack works well for others.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by americas4ever View Post
    Hi Barkermush:

Thank you very much for releasing the soundpack, I do love it and I was waiting for this at FM 2011. However once I installed it and played the first game I've got a crash dump at minute 10. It seems FM2011 is so unstable and sensitive whenever you add stuff (skin, logos, etc) to the game.

I'd like to know if this soundpack works well for others.

No worries.

Erm i'm not sure, i've not had any crash dumps with FM11 as of yet.

Amateur

I'll give this a try, sounds interesting and as you say, if we back up the files first we should be able to go back to original without a problem... Thanks for your work Barkermush, I'll post on how it goes for me.

Amateur

The soundpack works just fine. I used the old 2010 and I've played more than 30 games without any errors. Same goes for facepacks, kits, logos. No errors here.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by The_SouL View Post
    The soundpack works just fine. I used the old 2010 and I've played more than 30 games without any errors. Same goes for facepacks, kits, logos. No errors here.
    I used the old FM2010 soundpack on the demo and it crashed to game. When I removed it the crashes stopped. Maybe im unlucky

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by wazza View Post
    I used the old FM2010 soundpack on the demo and it crashed to game. When I removed it the crashes stopped. Maybe im unlucky
    yeah it did that for me at first too, but when putting the 2010 soundpack into fm 11 you only overwrite the sounds and the match sounds files. You skip the events config file since it's the one causing the game to crash and since i did that it has been working like a charm. Hope that helps. Just follow milco's advice on top of the page and it should work

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by milco35 View Post
    Had this in another thread but couldnt find this thread...

1. Copy the match_sounds.cfg from the soundpack to the x:\program files\sports interactive\football manager 2011\data\events\ folder and replace the one inthere. DONT COPY THE EVENTS.CFG!!!
    2. Copy the sound folder to x:\program files\sports interactive\football manager 2011\data folder...click yes to overwrite.

tested this and works without problems..

Does this procedure work ? I liked a lot the sound pack for FM10.

BTW, could you please post a link to download the package ?

Reserves

The link is in post #136. i've just downloaded and installed it.

Banned

thanks phno, does it work ?

Amateur

I downloaded and it runs sweet for me, adds loads more atmosphere to games

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by grep View Post
    thanks phno, does it work ?
    It does, yeh. Except that I'm managing in Level 6 where the silence is deafening. I do love the guy on the tannoy though!

Amateur

In my case I've done what milco35 suggests copying just the match_sounds.cfg file and the whole sounds folder. However in my first match I've got a crash and FM11 closes.

Has this to be with sound card? Anyone has an idea why this soundpack worked for FM10 and not for FM11?

Amateur

started using this the last couple of days and I've had a few annoying crash dumps which I havent experience before, not saying this is responsible but it could well be. Otherwise it's a fantastic pack and adds so much to the game

Amateur

use the new updated version it works fine and is great, also teh FM10 version worked as long as you don't use the match_sounds.cfg file

Amateur

Do you mufckgud7 overwrite the original events file with the updated version' files? Both files (events folder)?

I encountered one crash in my first game (around 10 minutes) using the updated version. The same happened just overwriting match_sounds.cfg to the original folder. Maybe it is just me. I remember having the array out bounds message with the sound pack last year but never crashed. I just clicked ok in that message and I was back to the match. Now all i get is a crash so I need to reload the game

If anyone can help, I appreciate it

Amateur

Do you mufckgud7 overwrite the original events file with the updated version' files? Both files (events folder)?

I encountered one crash in my first game (around 10 minutes) using the updated version. The same happened just overwriting match_sounds.cfg to the original folder. Maybe it is just me. I remember having the array out bounds message with the sound pack last year but never crashed. I just clicked ok in that message and I was back to the match. Now all i get is a crash so I need to reload the game

If anyone can help, I appreciate it
    I never overwritten the events file as i am using the commentary pack that which is the events file, make suure all sounds are used in the display and sound setting

Amateur

Thanks for your reply mufckgud7.

When you download the soundpack you have two folders: events and sounds. From your reply I interpret you just copy and paste the sounds folder (from the soundpack) in FM2010 data folder. Do you keep then the original events folder (with both files: matchsound.cfg and events.cfg)?

If so, you will not listen those sounds added to the soundpack's events folder.

I apologize if I am not explaining this rightly, but I'm worried not having this (soundpack) working in FM 2011

Amateur

Thanks for your reply mufckgud7.

When you download the soundpack you have two folders: events and sounds. From your reply I interpret you just copy and paste the sounds folder (from the soundpack) in FM2010 data folder. Do you keep then the original events folder (with both files: matchsound.cfg and events.cfg)?

If so, you will not listen those sounds added to the soundpack's events folder.

I apologize if I am not explaining this rightly, but I'm worried not having this (soundpack) working in FM 2011
    you can copy both of them over and get yourself the commentary pack as its great and overwrite the events.cfg with the commentary version.

or just copy the matchsound.cfg only

Amateur

Ok. Thing is doing so I have a crash and FM2011 closes.

I can only think I'm unfortunate not having the possibility to enjoy this soundpack because I have the same computer (with no new software nor hardware) as year before where the soundpack worked with FM 2010.

Amateur

Ok. Thing is doing so I have a crash and FM2011 closes.

I can only think I'm unfortunate not having the possibility to enjoy this soundpack because I have the same computer (with no new software nor hardware) as year before where the soundpack worked with FM 2010.
    same here, it's giving me crash dumps which sucks because I really want to use it

if anyone can suggest any reason why this might be happening it would be much appreciated.

Amateur

Hi, first up gr8 original pk from bennico loved it on fm10,2nd many thks to Barkermush for updating and sorting it out for fm11 works gr8 and extra sounds added improve it more!

just wanna ask if its ok to upload/share onto another forum i use if i put all credits due to Bennico/Barkermush ?

Amateur

so this works with the commentary pack?
    as i already have that installed...

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by ladro View Post
    so this works with the commentary pack?
    as i already have that installed...
    yes its does i hav both sound pk and commentary pk installed they complement each other well no probs,commentary pk goes in the update 11.1.1 data events folder though,this pk just goes in normal data events/sounds folder

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by walsh View Post
    same here, it's giving me crash dumps which sucks because I really want to use it

if anyone can suggest any reason why this might be happening it would be much appreciated.
    i had the same thing when i tried using fm10 version on fm11 but after installing barkermushes updated version no probs at all d;0)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Superdaz1000 View Post
    i had the same thing when i tried using fm10 version on fm11 but after installing barkermushes updated version no probs at all d;0)
    What's that ???

A kind of mushroom ?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Superdaz1000 View Post
    yes its does i hav both sound pk and commentary pk installed they complement each other well no probs,commentary pk goes in the update 11.1.1 data events folder though,this pk just goes in normal data events/sounds folder
    I'll try that in a bit.
    Thanks for the info.

Part-Timer

I have just dowloaded the FM2011 version of this soundpack. Can somebody advise what I need to do with regards to the soundcfg and events cfg files to get it working correctly

Reserves

Loving this!

Small error: 'dissapointing' - misspelling.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by wazza View Post
    I have just dowloaded the FM2011 version of this soundpack. Can somebody advise what I need to do with regards to the soundcfg and events cfg files to get it working correctly
    1. Copy the match_sounds.cfg from the soundpack to the x:\program files\sports interactive\football manager 2011\data\events\ folder and replace the one inthere. DONT COPY THE EVENTS.CFG!!!
    2. Copy the sound folder to x:\program files\sports interactive\football manager 2011\data folder...click yes to overwrite.

Amateur

Can't seem to find the folder on my pc. how do i get to these folders

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by derekjackie View Post

Are you running the game via steam?

Amateur

Are you running the game via steam?

Amateur

Yes,does that make any difference?

Amateur

Yes,does that make any difference?
    a huge difference, the location of the FM is in \Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2011\data

Semi Pro
    American + Reading fan = Always buying the away shirt ...

How do I stop Steam from realizing the program files aren't what Steam put there, and "fixing" them because Steam thinks they're corrupted?

Amateur

a huge difference, the location of the FM is in \Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2011\data
    So what folder do i put the sounds file i downloaded in then?

Amateur

in this folder
    \Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2011\data\events

Amateur

Cheers,will it work for an already started game or will it only work with a new game?

Amateur

just place the files in the correct folders then overwrite once done load FM up then in preferences > display and sound, make sure you use all sounds.

Yes it will work with any game as long as fm was no running when transfering files over.

Amateur

working fine for me.......thanks for the sound pack!

Youth Team

Seems to be working fine for me; 3 games without any issues at all. And the extra sounds are a tidy little addition to the game. Good work, Bennico and Barkermush.

Amateur

Any one tried this with FM 12 yet?

Amateur

I woud like to know too.

Amateur

I have some of it seems okay

Amateur

Can't find mt data folder. It's not in Steam folder or My Docs FM12. Any ideas anyone?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Carbs View Post
    Can't find mt data folder. It's not in Steam folder or My Docs FM12. Any ideas anyone?
    X:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2012\data

Amateur

Thank you my good man, I shall have a look if I ever get home!!!

Amateur

No news about fm 12 soundpack?

Amateur

not looking good

Amateur

has bakermush not updated it or is there any news does the 2011 one work???

Amateur

Tried the 2011 download on fm 2012, there was sound, didnt crash and the new chants were there, so to me it worked fine with football manager 2012

Amateur

i got errors when using the 2011 one,although it didnt crash, every few seconds it would come up with error when trying to load certain sounds and it wasnt using the match events cfg file neither.

Amateur

i didnt get any of those, im also using a commentary pack download, not sure if that has affected it at all, but its fine for me, i was also using it on 12.0.4 havent been on to update to 12.1.0 not sure if it'll still work with the update

Lurker

could somone reupload the 2011 one please the link here is down

thanks

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by watsonsclarets View Post
    has bakermush not updated it or is there any news does the 2011 one work???
    I've not updated it for FM12. I'm not sure if the 2011 one will work with FM12, I've not tried it.

I've not been to bothered about sounds with FM12, and I've just been playing with the sounds off, due to the poor default sounds. Untill recently, I've decided to create a 'mini soundpack' and by mini, I mean I've just changed most of the default sounds, to better sounds. (I've not added any extra chants etc)

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by maggett View Post
    could somone reupload the 2011 one please the link here is down

thanks
    Here you go:
    Football Manager 2011 Soundpack

And for anybody who still wants the FM10 Soundpack, I've re-uploaded it here:
    Football Manager 2010 Soundpack
    Last edited by Barkermush; 24-02-2012 at 16:36. Reason: added FM10 soundpack link

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Barkermush View Post
    I've decided to create a 'mini soundpack' and by mini, I mean I've just changed most of the default sounds, to better sounds. (I've not added any extra chants etc)
    Have you released that mini soundpack anywhere?
    FMSCOUT.com is the official home of ...
    ▪ exclusive free FM tools in Genie Scout, FMEL and MacAssistantRT
    ▪ world-renowned player lists and exclusive social scouting area
    ▪ a massive index of daily updated Football Manager stories
    ▪ popular megapacks of Scope style faces and SPS style logos
    ▪ feature-rich free membership (live chat, Steam integration, etc)
    ... and so much more!

Amateur

Well i have the 2012 one working to a degree with football manager 2013 but it cuts out after a go or so and goes all funny.

Baker please help a fellow claret out it adds so much to the game and match atmosphere is there going to be a update for 2013

All the best

Amateur

could be fantastic a update pack for fm 13

Amateur

Are there any sound packs out there for FM13? would love a more atmospheric sound to go with the match day experience.

Amateur

the 2012 one which was made by bennico but edited by Bakermush is quality it just keeps stopping on me after about 2 games.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Stamatis View Post
    Have you released that mini soundpack anywhere?
    Hmm, I sent a link in a private message to couple of users who asked for it, but nothing publicly.

Here you go though: http://www.gamefront.com/files/22590...+soundpack.rar
    Mirror: http://www.filedropper.com/fm12minisoundpack

Code:
    Installation: Place the two folders 'sounds' and 'events' in
    Program Files \ Steam \ SteamApps \ common \ football manager 2012 \ data \
    Make sure you backup your orginal sounds and events folder, incase you encounter any future problems etc.

This pack is For FM12, not FM13
    Last edited by Barkermush; 06-11-2012 at 12:37. Reason: Added 2nd link

Amateur

Bakermush any plans to get the one working for 2013 it nearly does mukka

Amateur

Bakermush can you reupload the mini soundpack plz? Thanks in advance!

Amateur

I follow the instruction but cannot get it to work. I think it's because the filename in Win8 is case sensitive. The original files have lower case in their name. The new files have ALL UPPER CASE so Win8/MAC can't find the file. Or 13.2.2 can't I'm not too sure.

If you have the pack with the lower case file name please give it to us. I will test it. I don't know how to change all 4000+ file names into lower case tho.

Amateur

Is there any updated versions due out be nice to hear the Van Persie chant, don't hear it on the version i have got.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4