+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [Released] FM2010 Sound Pack

Amateur
    Behind a keyboard, mouse and a monitor, whilst cheering the almighty Reading FC!

Default Re: [Released] FM2010 Sound Pack

This is awesome, thank you for this sound pack!

Amateur

whitecube, a very appropriate screenshot of Stephen Carr

any chance you might be adding some more foreign chants to the pack? It's great but a bit strange when my Fiorentina fans are chanting "You're not singing any more"

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Gee_Simpson View Post
    can anyone help? i don't seem to have a data folder in steam?
    Can anyone help with this? do i just created a data folder if i don't have one?

Cheers.
    Sorry to be a pain but can anyone help please??

This pack sound great and i would like to use it but i'm a little stupid and need help lol

Amateur

This pack sound great and i would like to use it but i'm a little stupid and need help lol
    Steam\SteamApps\common\football manager 2010\data

If you found your Steam folder you should be able to follow this path.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by HonkyDick View Post
    Steam\SteamApps\common\football manager 2010\data

If you found your Steam folder you should be able to follow this path.
    I only have football manager 2009 in that for some reason?

Amateur

congratulations, dear friend.

Amateur

Hi!! Great sound pack thanks alot
    Last edited by joe11anfield; 03-11-2009 at 17:28.

Amateur

Thanks very much for this, top work

Part-Timer

Can anyone help with this? do i just created a data folder if i don't have one?

Cheers.
    Can anyone help please i'm a bit stuck

Amateur

Thanx a great sound pack

Amateur

Ok, back to 'work' then.

Firstly, with so many replies since I was last here, I won't have time to respond to each one, but I do want you to know that all of your kind comments are very much appreciated. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by phnompenhandy View Post
    Top man Bennico. I'm downloading it now, even though I won't be able to install it for a while as I'm using the vanilla demo and the full game will take time to arrive here in Cambodia.

One question - I'm going to be creating a 10-tier league with me starting in the 10th level. Thus my crowds will likely be 10 men and a dog. Will your sounds make it seem like tens of thousands are there, or will it reflect the actual attendance?
    In theory, no; the Pack's sounds do not know to adjust themselves for level of attendance. That kind of hardcoding is only possible for SI to implement, and is not something that can be covered by the scope of this pack.

However, SI's hardcoding does indeed try to adjust the volume depending upon attendance. In effect, what this means, is that whilst the sound pack's volume will adjust itself in accordance with the game's preset volumes, it will just sound like the same crowd, with the volume turned down.

Quote Originally Posted by JudgementDave View Post
    is there "im forever blowing bubbles" ?
    No, there is not. I can only implement the sounds that I have at my disposal.

Quote Originally Posted by Macon View Post
    If you have Steam, the 'events' and 'sounds' folders go in

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2010\data
    Thank you Macon. All members who have enquired about the Data folder location using steam, should refer themselves to this reply.

Quote Originally Posted by MaunoKasa View Post
    Match commentary would be nice. Any plans for that?
    Indeed it would. But that is beyond the scope of my limited skills at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by asokdjasklda View Post
    Hello,

can anyone who is using this pack tell me what sort of impact it has on match performance? My computer is on the slow side as it is and I don't know if adding additional sounds would tip it over the edge on match days!
    I cannot see it having any major impact. I'm on a system that just about scrapes by in 2d, on a single core processor, and the sound pack works fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by velvetsky View Post
    does it matter what league your playing in?? im Bayern M

and iv not noticed any difference at all since installing it.....

is it mainly an English leagues update??
    If you've installed it into the correct location, and taken into account the reasons given in the opening post that will affect what sounds you hear, then no, it will not matter what league you're playing in. Well, apart from hearing English songs in the Allianz Arena of course.

Quote Originally Posted by NickJ73 View Post
    Is there any way i can remove the sound with the drums? its killin my ears.
    Yes.

Open the 'Default' folder in the 'Sounds' folder, and then delete the following wav file:

-- FM_crowd_european

Then go into the 'Events' folder, and open the 'Match Sounds' file in notepad; and then delete the command strings:

-- SOUND_LIGHT_ANTICIPATION, "FM_crowd_european", 0, 4, 2, 0
    -- SOUND_LIGHT_ANTICIPATION_OPPOSITION, "FM_crowd_european", 0, 4, 2, 0

If you do it correctly, that should remove the sound from your game.

Quote Originally Posted by rafregt View Post
    "MATCH_SOUNDS:: play()-Unrecognised sound id string-SOUND-LIGHT_GROANS-OPPOSITION"

Just had that error, looking forward to a fix for it!

I will refer all comments regarding the above error, to this reply:

Unfortunately, in last season's pack, this was a relatively uncommon, but nonetheless annoying thing, when it occurred. It did not happen for me often, but when it did, it was always at the end of a game, and whilst frustrating, it never caused the game to crash. Just had to click the warning away. Unfortunately, I could not find a way to fix it, whatever I tried.

This year, so far, it has not occurred for me, hence my previous belief that it was fixed. Clearly, that is not the case, as some of you are experiencing it again.

I will see what I can do, but unless I get the error again myself, it will be difficult for me to work on a fix, as currently for me, it is not 'broken'.

Can't promise anything, but will do my best. Though unfortunately, it may come down to how much you enjoy the benefits of the pack, and if you consider they outweigh the slight frustration of having to click that warning away a few times at the end of a game, every now and then.

Please remember, that I am far from being a 'professional' at this, and am just doing the best I can, with my limited knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by theredsfc24 View Post
    I have to pay to download this, why??? You have a file which in order to download you have to subscribe to MEGAUPLOAD and pay a subscription, I ain't paying for this. If there is another way to get it free, I'm all ears
    Lol, I don't blame you. I wouldn't pay to download it either. That is why I would recommend that you simply use the free download button underneath the Premium one instead.

Quote Originally Posted by n0va View Post
    Good Attempt mate,

Not as good as the one i made for FM08. I had over 500 chants for specific teams and also player chants aswell. Sadly i got a new computer and lost all the files but it was sooo popular that everyone want me to do one for FM09 but i just don;'t have the time or ambition to do it again. I am also now a dad so i can't devote another 40hours to update hundreds of files and configs.
    Lol, thanks. I am sure that you did not mean for your post to sound quite as condescending as it did.

As I recall, you made a post asking if anyone wanted you to make a new pack for FM09, and lots of people said that they did. Then you failed to return, and never told anyone why (until now). Hence, we had a situation where, when I purchased the game in February, we still had no sound pack at all, for 09. I found the sounds in the game to be very disappointing, and set about looking for a pack. That's when I came across your old thread.

As no-one else had made a pack, I did the best I could, to at least put together something I felt was an improvement on the poor sounds shipped with the game. I decided I had indeed improved upon them, and so released the pack for anyone else who wanted to use it. But, it's strictly 'as seen'. I make no pretense at being particularly good at this, but as I'm the only one volunteering to make a sound pack right now, I guess we're stuck with my inferior efforts until someone better comes along.

I would never say never about doing another one tho.

If you want help or advice then please drop me a pm and i will do my best to help you.

Good luck - make sure you expand on this because people do get bored so you need to keep it fresh. It does get boring doing it after a while and it is not as easy as people think.
    Thanks. If you have any suggestions on the 'light groans' error some people get from time to time, I would appreciate any advice you may have.

As for expanding upon my work, this is very unlikely.

I too have a family to look after, and job to attend, so have very limited time for even playing the game, let alone making a sound pack. At the end of the day, I make this pack for my own enjoyment, using my limited skills and time; and then offer it to anyone else who feels it is an improvement on the sounds that SI provide.

If anyone is bored by it, I would welcome them to spend their time creating a better one. It shouldn't be too difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Norville Rodgers View Post
    Does it work with the demo? Probably a stupid question.
    If you read the opening post, your question is covered there.

Quote Originally Posted by grep View Post
    I still have to give this sound pack a try ( cause I don't have the game yet ) but I am under the impression that's a masterpiece to be sold separately at ú 12.99 each box.

You , author, are a talented ********* thank you so much mate, really thank you so much and keep up the good work !!!!!
    I'm probably misreading you, but if not; no. The pack is free of charge. And thank you for your kind feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by walsh View Post
    whitecube, a very appropriate screenshot of Stephen Carr

any chance you might be adding some more foreign chants to the pack? It's great but a bit strange when my Fiorentina fans are chanting "You're not singing any more"
    I would have done so, but was unsure of the correct coding to implement the ones I have, other than putting them in with the 'Team Chant' command string. Unfortunately, I simply did not have the free time to do so.

Can anyone help please i'm a bit stuck
    If the previous advice from those who use steam does not work for you, I'm afraid that short of suggesting you look in the locations given in the opening post, I'm unable to assist you further, as I've never used steam, so do not know where else you might look. Sorry.

That brings me up to date with my replies for now.

Thanks again to all who've taken the time to offer your feedback. It is much appreciated.

Currently, we're on 1232 downloads so far, so hopefully that means alot of people are enjoying the sounds.

Kind Regards,

Benn.

Amateur

I couldn't be bothered with an FM09 Soundpack mainly because i never played it as i thought it was so much like 08 i got bored. Now it is new and fresh i might do a pack or an addon for your pack if given permission. This is not a yes tho so i may do another FM09 thing - (dissapear) lol.

Good work mate and i am sure lots of people will be happy. Regarding the error people are getting - i do not have a clue.

It sounds as if it is a Config Command String that is wrongly typed or placed - having just looked at the match_sounds config in Notepad i can confirm the error:

"MATCH_SOUNDS:: play()-Unrecognised sound id string-SOUND-LIGHT_GROANS-OPPOSITION"

Is because the Command String is NOT on its own line, they are side-by-side. This can cause errors, i noticed a few command lines are side-by-side, these must be on top of each other like:

SOUND_LIGHT_GROANS, "FM_crowd_light_groans", 0, 1, 2, 0

SOUND_LIGHT_GROANS_OPPOSITION, "FM_crowd_light_groans", 0, 4, 2, 0

Do this for ALL match_sounds in the config file that appear side-by-side. This should stop any errors poping up.

Amateur

I couldn't be bothered with an FM09 Soundpack mainly because i never played it as i thought it was so much like 08 i got bored. Now it is new and fresh i might do a pack or an addon for your pack if given permission. This is not a yes tho so i may do another FM09 thing - (dissapear) lol.

Good work mate and i am sure lots of people will be happy. Regarding the error people are getting - i do not have a clue.

It sounds as if it is a Config Command String that is wrongly typed or placed - having just looked at the match_sounds config in Notepad i can confirm the error:

Is because the Command String is NOT on its own line, they are side-by-side. This can cause errors, i noticed a few command lines are side-by-side, these must be on top of each other like:

Do this for ALL match_sounds in the config file that appear side-by-side. This should stop any errors poping up.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Bennico View Post
    Ok, back to 'work' then.

Firstly, with so many replies since I was last here, I won't have time to respond to each one, but I do want you to know that all of your kind comments are very much appreciated. Thank you.

In theory, no; the Pack's sounds do not know to adjust themselves for level of attendance. That kind of hardcoding is only possible for SI to implement, and is not something that can be covered by the scope of this pack.

However, SI's hardcoding does indeed try to adjust the volume depending upon attendance. In effect, what this means, is that whilst the sound pack's volume will adjust itself in accordance with the game's preset volumes, it will just sound like the same crowd, with the volume turned down.

No, there is not. I can only implement the sounds that I have at my disposal.

Thank you Macon. All members who have enquired about the Data folder location using steam, should refer themselves to this reply.

Indeed it would. But that is beyond the scope of my limited skills at this point.

I cannot see it having any major impact. I'm on a system that just about scrapes by in 2d, on a single core processor, and the sound pack works fine for me.

If you've installed it into the correct location, and taken into account the reasons given in the opening post that will affect what sounds you hear, then no, it will not matter what league you're playing in. Well, apart from hearing English songs in the Allianz Arena of course.

Yes.

Open the 'Default' folder in the 'Sounds' folder, and then delete the following wav file:

-- FM_crowd_european

Then go into the 'Events' folder, and open the 'Match Sounds' file in notepad; and then delete the command strings:

I will refer all comments regarding the above error, to this reply:

Unfortunately, in last season's pack, this was a relatively uncommon, but nonetheless annoying thing, when it occurred. It did not happen for me often, but when it did, it was always at the end of a game, and whilst frustrating, it never caused the game to crash. Just had to click the warning away. Unfortunately, I could not find a way to fix it, whatever I tried.

This year, so far, it has not occurred for me, hence my previous belief that it was fixed. Clearly, that is not the case, as some of you are experiencing it again.

I will see what I can do, but unless I get the error again myself, it will be difficult for me to work on a fix, as currently for me, it is not 'broken'.

Can't promise anything, but will do my best. Though unfortunately, it may come down to how much you enjoy the benefits of the pack, and if you consider they outweigh the slight frustration of having to click that warning away a few times at the end of a game, every now and then.

Please remember, that I am far from being a 'professional' at this, and am just doing the best I can, with my limited knowledge.

Lol, I don't blame you. I wouldn't pay to download it either. That is why I would recommend that you simply use the free download button underneath the Premium one instead.

Lol, thanks. I am sure that you did not mean for your post to sound quite as condescending as it did.

As I recall, you made a post asking if anyone wanted you to make a new pack for FM09, and lots of people said that they did. Then you failed to return, and never told anyone why (until now). Hence, we had a situation where, when I purchased the game in February, we still had no sound pack at all, for 09. I found the sounds in the game to be very disappointing, and set about looking for a pack. That's when I came across your old thread.

As no-one else had made a pack, I did the best I could, to at least put together something I felt was an improvement on the poor sounds shipped with the game. I decided I had indeed improved upon them, and so released the pack for anyone else who wanted to use it. But, it's strictly 'as seen'. I make no pretense at being particularly good at this, but as I'm the only one volunteering to make a sound pack right now, I guess we're stuck with my inferior efforts until someone better comes along.

Thanks. If you have any suggestions on the 'light groans' error some people get from time to time, I would appreciate any advice you may have.

As for expanding upon my work, this is very unlikely.

I too have a family to look after, and job to attend, so have very limited time for even playing the game, let alone making a sound pack. At the end of the day, I make this pack for my own enjoyment, using my limited skills and time; and then offer it to anyone else who feels it is an improvement on the sounds that SI provide.

If anyone is bored by it, I would welcome them to spend their time creating a better one. It shouldn't be too difficult.

I'm probably misreading you, but if not; no. The pack is free of charge. And thank you for your kind feedback.

I would have done so, but was unsure of the correct coding to implement the ones I have, other than putting them in with the 'Team Chant' command string. Unfortunately, I simply did not have the free time to do so.

If the previous advice from those who use steam does not work for you, I'm afraid that short of suggesting you look in the locations given in the opening post, I'm unable to assist you further, as I've never used steam, so do not know where else you might look. Sorry.

That brings me up to date with my replies for now.

Thanks again to all who've taken the time to offer your feedback. It is much appreciated.

Currently, we're on 1232 downloads so far, so hopefully that means alot of people are enjoying the sounds.

Kind Regards,

Benn.
    Ok no problem. Thanks for at least replying mate, maybe i should just create a data folder because i can't find one in my steam folder or the football manager one.

Part-Timer

Forget my above post, i seem to have found it!

Amateur

Brilliant sound patch.

Only issue is sometimes the sound of the PA announcement is just WAY too loud in an empty stadium, which is followed by a huge roar.

Seems well out of place and should be quieted down a little.

Amateur

I couln't get this to work with mac. In fact, it started causing crashes

Semi Pro

n0va - cheers mate. Will try that when I get back home this evening.

This sound pack is blinding. Love the fact that there people out there who go many extra miles to put together packs like this which make the game even better than it is.

Amateur

Thanks Nova, just fixed mine, you're a champion.

I also hope you get time to do an add on or something, I'm pretty sure yours had a lot more player and team chants.

Not that I don't appreciate the work that Bennico has done, he's a champ as well.

Youth Team

My bad, sorry. It does work with the Strawberry Demo.

Amateur

Bennico,

Could you let me know the software you are using to record, edit and save the wav files? I used to use a program on my old PC called Total Recorder but it doesn't work with my laptop soundcard for some weird reason. If you can inform me of something i could use then i will do an addon pack for your soundpacks.

@HonkyDick - You are welcome.

Amateur

Thank you for the wonderful sound pack.

Can you confirm if you have changed anything on the events.cfg file compared to the original one?

Is it only sound descriptions or anything on match commentary?

Thanks

Semi Pro

If there is one chant I would love to hear in the game its the slow-clap version of Tottenham's 'When the Spurs go marching in'.

I just wanted the poke my head in here and thank the OP for his work on the sound package. These kinds of efforts are great about the FM community

Btw, we're looking into adding support for multiple chants for individual teams for the next patch, so you can expand the sound packs to feature not just one chant per team but multiple different ones.

Amateur

Downloading

Amateur

anyone would help to upload the file to another site?quite a few people here cant open the site...

Amateur

Excellent, thank you very much n0va; as HonkyDick has stated your fix worked, I'll take that as fact until I hear otherwise.

That is the only thing I did not try, as I was reliably informed when creating my original pack last year (by someone here who knows a lot about editing) that I should not have command strings on separate lines unless after a '#' commented out line. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Marek_Hamsik View Post
    Brilliant sound patch.

Only issue is sometimes the sound of the PA announcement is just WAY too loud in an empty stadium, which is followed by a huge roar.

Seems well out of place and should be quieted down a little.
    Thanks. As for the PA, I agree with you, that it sounds too loud during pre-season, though I've tried turning it down, and then it's too quiet during the season when the attendances rise. So I had to make a choice, and decided to put up with it during pre-season, so I can hear the PA better during the season, when it counts.

Bennico,

Could you let me know the software you are using to record, edit and save the wav files? I used to use a program on my old PC called Total Recorder but it doesn't work with my laptop soundcard for some weird reason. If you can inform me of something i could use then i will do an addon pack for your soundpacks.
    I have used a programme called 'Audacity' up until now. It is limited in places, but on the whole, has served me well.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

However, I've recently had my attention turned toward a programme called 'GoldWave':

www.goldwave.com/

I've not had the chance to actually try it out yet, but it certainly looks much more sophisticated than Audacity, in my personal opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by avkoeman View Post
    Thank you for the wonderful sound pack.

Can you confirm if you have changed anything on the events.cfg file compared to the original one?

Thanks

You are welcome.

Yes. I have changed pretty much most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Riz Remes View Post
    I just wanted the poke my head in here and thank the OP for his work on the sound package. These kinds of efforts are great about the FM community

Btw, we're looking into adding support for multiple chants for individual teams for the next patch, so you can expand the sound packs to feature not just one chant per team but multiple different ones.
    Thank you very much Riz.

You're the first person from SI to actually offer any kind of comment regarding my Sound Packs, so that means a lot to me.

And great news on the patch, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by joeissimo View Post
    anyone would help to upload the file to another site?quite a few people here cant open the site...
    Joe, as I said to you in my PM, I will do so myself, just as soon as I have the available free time. I want to do it myself, so that I can keep track of the number of downloads, so please just remain patient with me until my day off on Saturday, and hopefully I'll find some time then. Thank you.

And my thanks also for all the other kind feedback since my last post. It is always much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Benn.

Part-Timer

Have you updated the original link so that it has this fix in it as it is quite annoying when it keeps coming up with the errors but otherwise its a fantastic pack!

Maybe you could just make a d/l link for the match_sounds config file
    Last edited by PGB_SPURS_FM09; 05-11-2009 at 19:04.

Amateur

That's great news Riz. Are you guys going to provide any type of tutorial or instructions for dealing with sounds?

Semi Pro

Riz - superb news. SI looking after the community...

Quote Originally Posted by Becanes View Post
    That's great news Riz. Are you guys going to provide any type of tutorial or instructions for dealing with sounds?
    There isn't a special tutorial but the match_sounds.cfg file itself has comments in it about the use of the sounds files and those will be updated to include the usage info for multiple chants for individual teams.

Amateur

Thanks for your work Bennico, normally play with sound off, or with a CD in a background cos I wasn't a fan of the default sounds. But yours definately adds to the matchday atmosphere.

btw I had the light groans error too, about 10 times towards the end of the match, but the fix mentioned above fixed it so thanks to nova too.

Amateur

There isn't a special tutorial but the match_sounds.cfg file itself has comments in it about the use of the sounds files and those will be updated to include the usage info for multiple chants for individual teams.
    Maybe a little explaination in a readme file to go along with it would be nice. I've tried some of the things in the cfg file and they don't seem to work. Atleast not in FM09. Like adding team chants.

Amateur

Hi Ben/ users,

Any ideas why my sound not working, when i go to preferences i press test and NOTHING, blank. i have installed followed instructions and the sound still not working.

Amateur

the test button doesn't work, just make sure the Play sounds is checked, and that All sounds is selected then once you get into a match everything is fine.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by qwertman View Post
    the test button doesn't work, just make sure the Play sounds is checked, and that All sounds is selected then once you get into a match everything is fine.
    in match there is no sound, but i get the message . error SOUND_LIGHT_CROWD or something like that.

Amateur

if you're getting the light groans error just take the time to read the rest of the thread for your solution

Amateur

sorry are there anyone kind enough to send me the file?cant seem to open the download link...million thanks!

Amateur

Please someone tell me if this works for MAC users. Im running Leopard Snow????

Amateur

I am downloading this as I am writing this, thanks alot for all your trouble Bennico! It's greatly appreciated!

Amateur

Would it not be a good idea to replace the download with the working version so that everyone that downloads does not need to waste time reading about and then fixing the downloaded file?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    Would it not be a good idea to replace the download with the working version so that everyone that downloads does not need to waste time reading about and then fixing the downloaded file?
    Im with you on this, could somebody kind enough that knows what they are doing post a fixed file please. i would do it myself but ill probably make it worse

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by stoned_assasin View Post
    Im with you on this, could somebody kind enough that knows what they are doing post a fixed file please. i would do it myself but ill probably make it worse
    Okay, guys I'm not 100% sure that this fixes the problem, but it should. I followed Nova's instructions on correcting the error (I only moved each 'sound file reference' to its own line) and uploaded it for anyone who wants it.

You can find the file for download here: http://www.4shared.com/file/15467418...ds_fixed_.html

Let me know whether it works for you or not..

Btw, you need to use Winrar or any similiar application to extract the file.

Kind Regards
    Albert
    Last edited by Allies; 18-11-2009 at 15:01.

Amateur

Much appreciated

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    That would be a fantastic idea! I can't believe it never occurred to me!

A close member of my family has spent the last month seriously ill in intensive care, but I really should sort my priorities out and get back to the sound pack, then no one would have to waste their time reading the topic for a fix to this life altering critical error.

In the small amounts of time I've had free to play the game lately, I have also noticed a few tweaks I wish to make to a couple of the sounds, and I will fix the issue you mention (which incidentally has still not even occurred for me yet) for Version 2, which will be released as soon as I can find the time, between work and family commitments.

Thank you.

Banned

Bennico,

I wish your family member all the best he can have for the next future. That's the main priority.

Then I would like to thank you immensely for your gorgeous sound pack that doubles de facto the value of FM10.

See you soon

Amateur

does this work on MAc?

Thank you Nova for that fix recommendation

And a MASSIVE MASSIVE thank you to Bennico for this fantastic sound pack! Can't wait till we have team-specific chants in the future!

Amateur

How can I tell if I've installed it properly? Is there something that will stand out in this sound pack as compared to the one that comes with FM? I did not hear any PA announcement at all during a match. This was referred to in this thread. Anything else that I should be "listening" for?

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Long Islander View Post
    How can I tell if I've installed it properly? Is there something that will stand out in this sound pack as compared to the one that comes with FM? I did not hear any PA announcement at all during a match. This was referred to in this thread. Anything else that I should be "listening" for?
    You really need to watch extended ot a full match to get the full efect. Watching just key means that you miss most, if not all, of the new sounds.

Amateur

If you don't hear tannoy announcements when a substitution is made (certainly on extended highlights, not sure about key highlights) - then you haven't installed it properly.

I must have spent hours wondering what language that announcement is made in. Do you know, Bennico?

Amateur

No, have not heard any PA announcements on goals or substitutions. I don't think I installed it correctly as I am not that familiar with WINRAR. I even deleted the 09 version and the FM10 demo to start over from scratch. The reason I got rid of '09 was because I had WWSM09 (Yes, America) and the sounds seemed to be going to that folder instead of FM.

Going by the instructions in this thread, I did not get a "copy" option after right clicking on the highlighted items, events or default. I wound up dragging the folder from the sound pack to override the folder in FM. It did ask me if I wanted to overwrite the 80 files that were there, I said yes and proceeded to see that all 165 files (sound waves) are in the default folder. I did the same with events.

Tried to use the "extract" and the "wizard" but kept coming up with a wrong path.

Any thoughts?

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Macon View Post
    If you don't hear tannoy announcements when a substitution is made (certainly on extended highlights, not sure about key highlights) - then you haven't installed it properly.

I must have spent hours wondering what language that announcement is made in. Do you know, Bennico?

It's just the language of muffledness

Amateur

I majored in muffledness in college. Really couldn't hear anything. The crowd noise drowned it out. What if I did a game at a low division, would I hear more, or less sounds, because fewer people would be in the stands?

Semi Pro

sounds are great. get alot of enjoyment using them, 1 little fault is i seem to get the same error when opposing fans make a light groan and it crashes my full mode into windows, any one else get this small fault?

Amateur

That would be a fantastic idea! I can't believe it never occurred to me!

A close member of my family has spent the last month seriously ill in intensive care, but I really should sort my priorities out and get back to the sound pack, then no one would have to waste their time reading the topic for a fix to this life altering critical error.

In the small amounts of time I've had free to play the game lately, I have also noticed a few tweaks I wish to make to a couple of the sounds, and I will fix the issue you mention (which incidentally has still not even occurred for me yet) for Version 2, which will be released as soon as I can find the time, between work and family commitments.

Thank you.
    Touchy aren't we?

I offered advice without emotion. I clearly do not know you so have no way of knowing your personal circumstances so no need for the attitude. Grow up.

I wish your family memebr all the best, get well soon.

Amateur

is there anyway to change the volume of these sounds? or the sounds in fm?

I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was.

Quote Originally Posted by Mufckingud7 View Post
    is there anyway to change the volume of these sounds? or the sounds in fm?
    Yeah in Preferences, under Display & Sound, there should be a slider adjusting the volume

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Tyoldinho View Post
    Yeah in Preferences, under Display & Sound, there should be a slider adjusting the volume
    mine is on full but for some reason when in game its very quiet but on the test its nice an loud any ideas thanks for the reply

Lurker

anyone got the team and player chants working? Also, I tried to replace the FM_kickoff_whistle.wav with a different tune, started a new game, it played out perfectly in my first match ( an internal friendly match) and then in the following matches the sound just stopped to show up.. kinda weird...wondering if it has something to do with the sound cache...?

news about a new version?

Banned

The new one will come I guess after the upcoming patch

Oooops I just saw the patch 10.2 is out, cool !
    Last edited by grep; 17-12-2009 at 13:04.

Amateur

To those that have downloaded this pack, what type of difference is there compared to the original sounds? Are there more specific team and/or player chants?

Banned

Could you please confirm me this sound pack works fine also with 10.2 latest patch ?

Thanks

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Allies View Post
    Okay, guys I'm not 100% sure that this fixes the problem, but it should. I followed Nova's instructions on correcting the error (I only moved each 'sound file reference' to its own line) and uploaded it for anyone who wants it.

You can find the file for download here: http://www.4shared.com/file/15467418...ds_fixed_.html

Let me know whether it works for you or not..

Btw, you need to use Winrar or any similiar application to extract the file.

Kind Regards
    Albert
    Has it fixed the problem?

Youth Team

Hello? anybody out there?

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by dking View Post
    Has it fixed the problem?
    Not sure if that file fixes the problem, but by doing what Nova said

I did this myself and i have not had one crash or array out of bounds message since.(On all patches)
    So yeah it fixes it.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Barkermush View Post
    Not sure if that file fixes the problem, but by doing what Nova said

I did this myself and i have not had one crash or array out of bounds message since.(On all patches)
    So yeah it fixes it.
    Nice one

Amateur

Was this implemented in the latest patch? And if so, will this pack be updated to take advantage of the change? Fingers crossed!!

Banned

Do you perhaps have a link to the file modified in order to avoid error popups ?

Thanks

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by grep View Post
    Do you perhaps have a link to the file modified in order to avoid error popups ?

Thanks
    It's on this page, have a look around.

Here. http://www.4shared.com/file/15467418...ds_fixed_.html

Banned

Thanks a lot, much appreciated.

Amateur

how can i uninstall this? my game started being dumb after i installed this

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by IanZG View Post
    how can i uninstall this? my game started being dumb after i installed this
    Did you back up the default sounds/sounds config file before you installed the sound pack? Which was advised to do in the read me installation file.

If so just delete the Sound Folder/sounds config file, and put your default Sounds folder back there and Reload skin on confirm in the game and it should be back to the default sounds.

Amateur

Thank you very much, there's nothing wrong with the sound but the game started switching to windowed mode by itself and it started giving me some weird warnings...

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by IanZG View Post
    Thank you very much, there's nothing wrong with the sound but the game started switching to windowed mode by itself and it started giving me some weird warnings...
    Yeah there is a problem with the config file, which was causing array out of bounds warnings. Mine went into window mode too everytime it did this.

Anyway Nova spotted the problem with this where you had to make a small change to the Config file and it sorted it. Some one as uploaded the fixed file so you don't have to fix it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by dking View Post
    It's on this page, have a look around.

Here. http://www.4shared.com/file/15467418...ds_fixed_.html
    If you install that, you should not have any more errors.
    Last edited by Barkermush; 29-12-2009 at 23:19.

Amateur

Hey, Great work mate thanks so much for that.

I just have a small question, in the matches even on full view all i seem to hear is the barmy army song and Your not singing anymore after a goal. Im doing a liverpool save so was wondering if you can change the frequency that the songs come in because hearing Liverpool Liverpool Liverpool would be great as it never seems to come up.

Cheers,

TRR

Amateur

Exclamation Re: [Released] FM2010 Sound Pack

Hello everyone!
    I'm new to the forum and tell them I do not speak Argentine then the English language very well. I wanted to ask if I can add songs to the fans in Argentina and if I can put advertisements while this game because I could see him out there. Thank you very much brothers. I expect quick response.

Amateur

Please!

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Vale_Ind5 View Post
    Please!
    You're best option would be to check the Editors hideaway or skinning hideout, they may be able to help you.

Amateur

I do not understand. I just want to know how to add more songs. It might be putting another line like the others?

Third Team

Go to this forum http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25 or this one http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17

They may be able to help you with your questions.

Amateur

I want to know anything more if you can add songs, nothing more. It's simple. Thank you.

Third Team

I want to know anything more if you can add songs, nothing more. It's simple. Thank you.
    Ok, but I don't know the answer, no one else is replying to you, so maybe you should ask your question in the editors hideout as I suggested and gave you the link for.

Amateur

Yeah, thanks. I just did the post. I hope somebody will answer me and fast. Greetings!

Third Team

Yes, you can add team chants and player chants. To do this you need to find out the Unique ID for the player or team you want to add a chant for.
    To do this, on FM go into Prefrences/Display&Sound and tick 'show Unique IDs' and click confirm. The unique ID numbers for players and teams will be at the top of the screen, next to the team/player name.

The sound file needs to be a wav sound ".wav"
    So if i wanted to add a team chant for Burnley(unique id 622) I would create a wav sound file ".wav" then rename the file "FM_tm_622".
    Then drag that sound file into the sounds folder. (programfiles/SI/Fm2010/data/sounds/default)

Then open the 'match sounds.cfg' with notepad or word pad.(programfiles/SI/Fm2010/data/events/match sounds)
    When you open it with Notepad, right down near the bottom of the file you will see some lines like this
    SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_603.wav", 0, 1, 2, 0
    SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_630.wav", 0, 1, 2, 0
    SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_650.wav", 0, 1, 2, 0
    SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_671.wav", 0, 1, 2, 0
    SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_676.wav", 0, 1, 2, 0
    SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_680.wav", 0, 1, 2, 0
    SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_688.wav", 0, 1, 2, 0
    SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_708.wav", 0, 1, 2, 0
    SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_713.wav", 0, 1, 2, 0
    Just add a new line there, with the correct file name,so for Burnley i would add this line
    SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_622", 0, 1, 2, 0
    Then click 'File/Save' at the top of Notepad and re-start FM, and at random points when you get a corner in the Match Engine you should hear your team chant. You don't hear that often, maybe once every 2 games or so.

For players its exactly the same as before, but you name your wav sound file
    FM_pl_unique ID Number here
    And add a line like this to the match sounds file
    SOUND_PLAYER_CHANT, "FM_pl_unique id number", 0, 1, 2, 0
    I'm not sure if the player chants work as i have not tried them, but if they do work, you should hear your player chant after that player as scored a goal...

Third Team

Oh, when you rename the sound file to the team id, "FM_tm_622" don't use the quotations.
    Like this
    FM_tm_622

Amateur

Thank you very much friend. That's what hize and not notice any changes. Mainly when it appears the songs?

Amateur

In the lines that I download this file if there are appointments. Appointments for you are ( ")?

Third Team

Sorry, i'm not sure what you mean?

Amateur

Please do not make me Independent lines, Boca and River Plate of Argentina? Independent Id is 89 I think, after I make them I'll know how. Then I apply corresponding sounds

#
    # CHANTS - Create a wav file of a generic chant for teams or players
    # replacing the xxxx with the player or team id and it will play at
    # appropriate moments during match play - eg "FM_tm_1100.wav" will play a chant
    # for team id 1100.
    #
    SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_602.wav", 0, 1, 2, 0 SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_603.wav", 0, 1, 2, 0
    SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_713.wav", 0, 1, 2, 0 SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_713", 0, 1, 2, 0
    SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_722.wav", 0, 1, 2, 0
    SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_602", 0, 1, 2, 0 SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_603", 0, 1, 2, 0
    SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_630", 0, 1, 2, 0
    SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_650", 0, 1, 2, 0
    SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_671", 0, 1, 2, 0
    SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_676", 0, 1, 2, 0
    SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_680", 0, 1, 2, 0
    SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_688", 0, 1, 2, 0
    SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_708", 0, 1, 2, 0
    #
    SOUND_PLAYER_CHANT, "FM_pl_xxxx", 0, 1, 2, 0
    #

Third Team

Ah ok, i see what you mean. Yes so long as you have renamed the sound files for Boca and River Plate:
    FM_tm_82
    FM_tm_94
    Then you would add these lines to the 'Match Sounds.cfg'
    SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_82", 0, 1, 2, 0
    SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_94", 0, 1, 2, 0

Like this
    #
    # CHANTS - Create a wav file of a generic chant for teams or players
    # replacing the xxxx with the player or team id and it will play at
    # appropriate moments during match play - eg "FM_tm_1100.wav" will play a chant
    # for team id 1100.
    #

SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_616", 0, 1, 2, 0
    SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_622", 0, 1, 2, 0
    SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_602.wav", 0, 1, 2, 0
    SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_603.wav", 0, 1, 2, 0
    SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_713.wav", 0, 1, 2, 0
    SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_713", 0, 1, 2, 0
    SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_602", 0, 1, 2, 0
    SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_603", 0, 1, 2, 0
    SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_630", 0, 1, 2, 0
    SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_650", 0, 1, 2, 0
    SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_671", 0, 1, 2, 0
    SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_676", 0, 1, 2, 0
    SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_680", 0, 1, 2, 0
    SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_688", 0, 1, 2, 0
    SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_708", 0, 1, 2, 0
    #
    SOUND_PLAYER_CHANT, "FM_pl_xxxx", 0, 1, 2, 0
    #

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Barkermush View Post
    Ah ok, i see what you mean. Yes so long as you have renamed the sound files for Boca and River Plate:

Then you would add these lines to the 'Match Sounds.cfg'

Like this
    Thank You!!

Emmm, FM_tm_89
    FM_tm_89.wav??

Or no?

Third Team

If you have named the sound file
    FM_tm_89.wav
    Then you would use
    SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_89.wav", 0, 1, 2, 0
    But if you have a wav sound, and you have renamed it
    FM_tm_89
    The you would add the line
    SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_89", 0, 1, 2, 0

The reason some of the lines in the match sounds.cfg have .wav at the end of the file name,
    is because the creater of the sound pack as named some of the sound files with .wav at the end of the sound file names.

By adding .wav to the end of file, this does not change the file to a wav sound, you need to use a audio editor to convert the file from mp3 to wav..

The sound chant will only play if its a wave sound.

Amateur

Ok, I want to know if they walked and how? sounds good, shout a lot ..?

PS: You can add advertisements in the game, as is done?

Greetings and if I do my Spanish forum I put all credits to author and to you for your great help. Greetings!

Amateur

Friends, I ask a big help. Who is so kind and give me a match_sounds teams including Argentina's first division? A sound I put them, thanks.

Amateur

Thanks for the pack, Bennico. And thank you nova for the fix!!

Banned

This sound pack is good although when you are managing in Poland it seems strange to constantly hear "You're not singing anymore" when someone scores.

Apart from that I can't fault it.

Semi Pro

I just found the match_sounds config file. I don't know what you mean my those lines being side by side. They are on top of each other without a gap though. And I don't have the exact same lines as you do.

Youth Team

Followed this advice:

-- FM_crowd_european

Unfortunately, the problem still rears its head occasionally, which is perplexing. Am I missing something? Is there something else I must delete? I used Steam to install the game.

Cheers for a wicked Soundpack; just want to resolve this niggle.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast