+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [Released] FM2010 Sound Pack

Amateur

Default [Released] FM2010 Sound Pack

I am pleased to announce the completion and release of this year's Sound Pack, for FM2010.

I was mostly happy with the one I put together for FM09, but as those who used it will know, there were a small number of issues that I was unable to rectify.

This year I'm happy to say, that during testing, I've not encountered any problems at all.

For those who've not used my packs before, they contain a wide range of matchday sounds, which aim to enhance the enjoyment of our matchday experience. All areas of the standard sounds that come with the game, have been improved (significantly, in my personal opinion).

The Pack contains an improved and enhanced background loop (the sounds that play continuously in the background during a match); along with various crowd chants and songs which play throughout the game, and such things as tannoy announcements for substitutions and added time, Goal celebrations, post-match celebrations, and generally an all round better quality of sounds for just about every area of the game.

Please note, that just as in real life, the more of a match you watch, the more sounds you will hear. So, naturally, if you're only watching 'key highlights' of the game, you won't hear that many chants. There are more for 'extended highlights', although, to really make the most of the Pack, you'll want to be watching the Full Match.

The Sound Pack works fine for the Strawberry Demo (won't work with the Vanilla version, obviously), and unless the unlikely event that SI make any changes to the coding format, it will work just the same for the full game itself, though you'll obviously need to move the folders over when the time comes.

Change List from FM09 version:

Improved Goal Celebrations, which now work all the time.
    Increased the volume of tannoy announcements slightly.
    Improved the sounds of the ball striking the woodwork.
    Post-match celebrations now work consistently.
    Improved range of referee's whistle sounds.
    Added a few extra chants, and slightly increased their occurrence in the game.
    Chants are now even more tailored to the state of play.
    Fixed issue with the 'light_groans_opposition' command string, which sometimes caused interruptions.

Installation Instructions:

Important!
    Firstly, before all else, ensure that you make a back up copy of your original Sound and Events folders located at:

C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\data

[or] C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010 Demo\data [for the demo]

(please note, that if you downloaded the game via 'Steam', the data folder will appear in your Steam folder)

Having made your back up (and stored it outside of the main 'Football Manager 2010' folder; somewhere like 'my documents' for example), then extract the 'holding' folder (FM2010 Sound Pack V1.0) from the rar file (with a programme such as winrar), and open it.

Hold down the Ctrl button, and left click to Select (highlight) the 'Events' folder inside it then 'right-click' and select 'copy'.

Next, goto the location above (C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\data) and then right-click and 'paste' it into the above location.

Select to "overwrite" existing folders/files when prompted, (clicking "yes to all") after ensuring that you have already made back up copies of the original folders, as directed above.

Then go back and 'copy' the 'Default' folder , and 'paste' that into the 'Sounds' folder, in your Data folder, again, clicking "yes to all" when prompted to overwrite original folders.

Upon loading the game, enter the "Preferences" menu, navigate to "Display and Sound" and ensure that you have the option "play all sounds" selected.

The game should now be set to play your new sounds.

All in all, I am very happy that this Sound Pack represents a vastly improved Matchday Sound experience, though it is possible that if I make future improvements, a version 2 may be released.

Here is the download link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CA3C3IX3

Let me know if you have any issues, and I'll be happy to help.

Please remember though, that all I am doing here, is offering what I have made for my own enjoyment. It may not be perfect, but I am not a sound professional, and if what I've been able to put together for myself, helps add to the enjoyment of your matchday experience, you are most welcome to make use of it.

Kind Regards,

Benn Robinson.
    Last edited by Bennico; 22-10-2009 at 13:02. Reason: information updated

Amateur

Default Re: [Released] FM2010 Sound Pack

You my friend are a champion!!!! Can I ask why the file is so small when the last one for FM09 was 170mb?
    Last edited by Grimoz; 22-10-2009 at 03:11.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Grimoz View Post
    You my friend are a champion!!!! Can I ask why the file is so small when the last one for FM09 was 170mb?
    This one, (the actual Sound Files) is 125 MB, where as you say, the last one was a bit larger.

I identified and stripped out some unnecessary files, where some could be used for dual purposes, and was also able to edit some others together into 'technically' larger files, but when looking at the 'bigger picture', it ultimately saved some space by having less files overall.

I also used a different compression for the rar than last time, which condensed it's size somewhat to download.

Amateur

Sweet mate, CHAMPION!!!!

Part-Timer

Fantastic work.

Will d/l this when I get home. All I'm waiting for now is the megapack cut-out face update and logos from Sort It Out Si and I'm ready to go.

Amateur

Wonderful!

Banned

I am gonna give it a try.

For the moment I can say it seems your sound pack will boost FM over the stars , many many compliments mate, gorgeous job !!!!!!!!

Please users, post your feedbacks.

Amateur

I haven't used these before but I'll give it a go this year. Thanks.

Banned

BTW, are all the wav files present into your directory used into your sound pack ?

thanks

Amateur

In your rar rachive, there are 2 folders : "default" and "events"
    -> need to rename "default" into "sounds" ??

edit : nevermind, default goes into the sounds folder
    Last edited by jeyjey07; 22-10-2009 at 21:31.

Amateur

Nice one m8

Can you just extract the files to the sound location folder?
    Last edited by TiltonArmy; 22-10-2009 at 12:06. Reason: .

Banned

I would stick this one.......

Amateur

I don't udnerstand why SI can't just hire you to do the sound, and the guy who did Klasa to do the skin each year.. you and he deserve however much their staff are on for your hard (and superior) work but do it for free.. great generosity though, thankyou

Banned

At least a free copy of the final game is deserved man

SI, it is up to you now

thanks

Amateur

Would it be backwards compatible with other versions of the games?

Part-Timer

yeahyeah - Its all to do with license laws, which is why the in game sounds are not that great. Have to say, I can't do without a pack like this because it adds an extra dimension to the game.

Another gimmick would be to have flashing photography and 'coughing' during the press conferences.

(I'm only kidding)

Amateur

Thank you all for the comments, I hope you enjoy the Pack.

Quote Originally Posted by cynet View Post
    Nice one Benn m8

Would you like me to add your file to my website for fm and you will be credited for it of course, it's up to you m8.

Good Job

That is fine, so long as this topic is linked to as it's download location. Last year we had some problems with people not making back up copies, despite the warning to do so. This year, I've made a point of overemphasizing the need to do so in this topic, and would like to ensure that everyone reads that. Sure, there's also an installation guide with the pack, but I'm not sure how many would actually read it.

Quote Originally Posted by grep View Post
    BTW, are all the wav files present into your directory used into your sound pack ?

thanks
    They are certainly designed to be, yes. Though, some of them are used rarely, depending upon on field events.

Quote Originally Posted by jeyjey07 View Post
    In your rar rachive, there are 2 folders : "default" and "events"
    -> need to rename "default" into "sounds" ??

edit : nevermind, default goes into de sounds folder
    Thank you for pointing this out. Somehow, when packing it all up, it seems I've taken the 'default' folder out of the Sounds folder, and uploaded it as it is. [/facepalm]

No harm done though, I'll just have to amend the installation instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by TiltonArmy View Post
    Nice one m8

Can you just extract the files to the sound location folder?
    Last year, many experienced issues in doing it that way, which is why I've presented the installation instructions in the manner I have, this time around; just to avoid any potential problems, for the sake of a few extra clicks, it makes sense to install as directed above.

Amateur

Lol, sorry, some more posts added whilst I was replying:

Quote Originally Posted by Pob View Post
    Would it be backwards compatible with other versions of the games?
    It should work with FM09, and will include the improvements made for this years pack.
    However, the goal celebrations will still not work consistently on 09, as that was an issue wth SI's coding, not mine.

It will not work with previous versions than FM09 though, as the format is different.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Bennico View Post

Last year, many experienced issues in doing it that way, which is why I've presented the installation instructions in the manner I have, this time around; just to avoid any potential problems, for the sake of a few extra clicks, it makes sense to install as directed above.

I see, thanx anyway

I seem to be stuck on this stage.....Hold down the Ctrl button, and left click to Select (highlight) the 'Events' folder inside it then 'right-click' and select 'copy'.

Cannot seem to find the Events folder, any help appreciated

Amateur

i can't seems to able to download the file from the link, can anyone provide me with others link?

Amateur

Thumbs up Re: [Released] FM2010 Sound Pack

It will not work with previous versions than FM09 though, as the format is different.
    Thanks, KUTGW!
    Last edited by Pob; 22-10-2009 at 15:14.

Amateur

I see, thanx anyway

I seem to be stuck on this stage.....Hold down the Ctrl button, and left click to Select (highlight) the 'Events' folder inside it then 'right-click' and select 'copy'.

Cannot seem to find the Events folder, any help appreciated

Sure, I must be quick though, as just off to work.

Open the "FM2010 Sound Pack V1.0" folder.

Right click, and 'copy' the events folder.

Goto: C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010 Demo\data

Then simply right click on an empty space, and click 'paste'.

Click 'yes' to "overwrite existing files/folders" when prompted to do so.

Job done.

Do the same process for the "default" folder in the Sound Pack, but instead of clicking on an empty space when pasting into the Data folder, left click once on the 'Sound' folder to highlight it, and then click paste. Again, 'Yes' to "overwrite existing files/folders".

Any problems, I'll help later when in from work.

Thanks.

Amateur

I'm guessing this will not work on a mac??

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by 108 View Post
    I'm guessing this will not work on a mac??
    I'm not sure to be honest, as I've never used one and know nothing about them.

Search for my FM 2009 Sound Pack topic (a few pages back).

If I recall correctly, others gave a yes or no to your question there.

Don't have time to look myself I'm afraid, as I really must leave now.

Thanks.

Amateur

I'm not sure to be honest, as I've never used one and know nothing about them.

Search for my FM 2009 Sound Pack topic (a few pages back).

If I recall correctly, others gave a yes or no to your question there.

Don't have time to look myself I'm afraid, as I really must leave now.

Thanks.
    Ok thanks mate!

Amateur

Post Re: [Released] FM2010 Sound Pack

Sure, I must be quick though, as just off to work.

Open the "FM2010 Sound Pack V1.0" folder.

Right click, and 'copy' the events folder.

Goto: C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010 Demo\data

Then simply right click on an empty space, and click 'paste'.

Click 'yes' to "overwrite existing files/folders" when prompted to do so.

Job done.

Do the same process for the "default" folder in the Sound Pack, but instead of clicking on an empty space when pasting into the Data folder, left click once on the 'Sound' folder to highlight it, and then click paste. Again, 'Yes' to "overwrite existing files/folders".

Any problems, I'll help later when in from work.

Thanks.
    Thank you for your assistence,

I copied the Events folder and go to - C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010 Demo\data but I can't see any empty spaces.

First time trying this so apologies if I'm missing something

Amateur

This is lovely. Good work.

Amateur

Thank you for your assistence,

I copied the Events folder and go to - C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010 Demo\data but I can't see any empty spaces.

First time trying this so apologies if I'm missing something

No worries.

When you open Data folder, at - C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010 Demo\data ...

there are lots of folders in there (such as: 'db', 'help', 'events' etc), yes?

When I say click on an empty space, I simply mean click on anything that is not a folder, hence, 'empty space'.

And then 'paste' your new 'events' folder (from the Sound Pack) into the Data folder. You'll then be prompted to "Overwrite" the existing 'events' folder, to which you click "yes to all" when asked.

Then follow my directions in my earlier post to you, regarding the 'Default' folder.

Hope that's all clear now.

Quote Originally Posted by itachi85 View Post
    i can't seems to able to download the file from the link, can anyone provide me with others link?
    There is only one link, which works fine.

The download site requires javascript to be enabled in order to click on the download button.

It is perfectly safe to enable it for this purpose.

Please use your browser options menu to enable javascript for Megaupload.com.

Alternatively, if you're using Mozilla Firefox in conjunction with the programme "NoScript", goto the NoScript options menu at the bottom right of your browser page, and click to "temporarily allow megaupload.com".

Thank you.

Amateur

No worries.

When you open Data folder, at - C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010 Demo\data ...

there are lots of folders in there (such as: 'db', 'help', 'events' etc), yes?

When I say click on an empty space, I simply mean click on anything that is not a folder, hence, 'empty space'.

And then 'paste' your new 'events' folder (from the Sound Pack) into the Data folder. You'll then be prompted to "Overwrite" the existing 'events' folder, to which you click "yes to all" when asked.

Then follow my directions in my earlier post to you, regarding the 'Default' folder.

Hope that's all clear now.
    There is only one folder in that location and thats links m8.

Not to worry , I tried...will just have to wait for the full game

Again very much apprieciated for trying to help me out ,Thanx

Amateur

There is only one folder in that location and thats links m8.

Not to worry , I tried...will just have to wait for the full game

Again very much apprieciated for trying to help me out ,Thanx

Did you download by Steam?

Amateur

Did you download by Steam?
    Nope m8 it was only the Vanilla version

Amateur

Nope m8 it was only the Vanilla version
    Ahh, I see, nothing I can do to help then I'm afraid. I did mention in the Opening Post, that the Vanilla Demo cannot use Sound, so the pack would not work on it.

I hope you get to enjoy it when you buy the full game.

Kind Regards,

Benn.

Amateur

Ahh, I see, nothing I can do to help then I'm afraid. I did mention in the Opening Post, that the Vanilla Demo cannot use Sound, so the pack would not work on it.

I hope you get to enjoy it when you buy the full game.

Kind Regards,

Benn.
    Ahhh must of missed that lol

Again thanx alot m8 for taking the time for me

Amateur

Great work, thank you.

Amateur

Fantastic work mate, wasn't going to download it but I thought I may as well as it can't be any worse than the sounds FM has!

Awesome sounds! Thanks alot!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by 630195 View Post
    This is lovely. Good work.

Quote Originally Posted by tottenhamfmo7 View Post
    Great work, thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by rfcmark26 View Post
    Fantastic work mate, wasn't going to download it but I thought I may as well as it can't be any worse than the sounds FM has!

Awesome sounds! Thanks alot!

Thank you for your kind comments, I'm glad you're enjoying the Sound Pack.

Currently there have been 172 Downloads so far.

My Pack for FM09 had well into the thousands, and this one is definitely an improvement on last year's version. Being that the full game itself has not even been released yet, hopefully many more will discover this Sound Pack as time passes, and enjoy the enhanced Matchday Experience it provides.

Semi Pro

This is indeed wonderful news! Thanks for thee sound pack!!!

Amateur

Bennico, were you able to get the team chants to work?

Amateur

A pack of stellas for you man danke for the pack

Amateur

I have come across a small problem in a couple of matches where a warning box has flashed up with the message "MATCH_SOUNDS:: play()-Unrecognised sound id string-SOUND-LIGHT_GROANS-OPPOSITION". Any ideas as to how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Have to say this sound pack is excellent and really adds to the enjoyment of watching the match.

Many thanks for all your hard work putting this together

Cheers
    Last edited by newboy26uk1; 23-10-2009 at 16:15. Reason: mistype

Great work Bennico

Part-Timer

Great addition. Thanks!

Part-Timer

Can someone upload this on mediafire? Thanks.

Third Team
    Perth Australialand PSN: Saxonaitor XBL: AngloSaxx

Lovely, now cant wait until 2 weeks after FM10 comes out when I get my new computer with Windows 7 and start wasting my life again...

Third Team
    Perth Australialand PSN: Saxonaitor XBL: AngloSaxx

Works great Bennico, well done indeed!

Amateur

Wow, really great pack. Could you provide an optional mirror? I seem to have problem with megaupload, it says that I've already downloaded 'xxx' mb even though I've not downloaded anything from there for at least the last 6 months...

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by newboy26uk1 View Post
    I have come across a small problem in a couple of matches where a warning box has flashed up with the message "MATCH_SOUNDS:: play()-Unrecognised sound id string-SOUND-LIGHT_GROANS-OPPOSITION". Any ideas as to how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Have to say this sound pack is excellent and really adds to the enjoyment of watching the match.

Cheers
    Also getting this error

Semi Pro

Nice one and thanks. That you (and others who release add-on's) do this in your spare time for no financial reward is spot on.

Not D/L yet, but will do next weekend with the full game.

Since playing CM/FM since about 1996/97; FM09 was the first version I D/L'd various skins and packs and it definitely notched it up a % or 2 in terms of enjoying the game.

Amateur

A mod should stick this thread.

Amateur

great job mate on making the sound matches thing .. i saved this thread in my favourites cause I haven't downloaded it yet, but i will soon when the full game comes out.

Amateur

Mate i downloaded it and tryed it in aFM10 Demo England Match more then 80, 000 seated i tested it and honestly... i was clapping on how good the sound of the match was it felt so realistic so great it the cheers ect the celebration's was fantastic lol , it felt very very Live and made me smile .even made me more excited to watch a full match or key ect then before , very great. Thank you for making this keep it up.

Semi Pro

Cheers
    I've had a look at the match_sounds.cfg file in the events folder and some of the entries in there aren't on their own line, including the SOUND-LIGHT_GROANS-OPPOSITION entry. I don't know if that is the cause of the problem, but I've corrected it in my file using Notepad.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by spankie View Post
    I've had a look at the match_sounds.cfg file in the events folder and some of the entries in there aren't on their own line, including the SOUND-LIGHT_GROANS-OPPOSITION entry. I don't know if that is the cause of the problem, but I've corrected it in my file using Notepad.
    how do you fix it ? can you show a print screen or something for match sounds .cfg in notepad .
    Last edited by fmobande; 24-10-2009 at 16:09.

Amateur

it dosent matter it works now. i hear it

Amateur

Stupid question; I know. Does it make a difference which setting is toggled in the Sound Cache under the Display/Sound Tab in the Preferences screen? It is defaulted to 'Smart' and it also has the options of being switched to 'None' or 'All.' Anyway, thanks in advance.

Reserves

Very good.

Iv always just had sound turned off and listened to music whilst playing, but mainly because the match day sound is rubbish so this sounds great! Iv never used a sound pack before but Im downloading this now, will post feedback when here on what I think

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by theres only one ALI DIA! View Post
    Iv always just had sound turned off and listened to music whilst playing, but mainly because the match day sound is rubbish so this sounds great! Iv never used a sound pack before but Im downloading this now, will post feedback when here on what I think
    I <3 your username.

Part-Timer

Can someone let me know where the events folder is on a Steam installation? It's not in the 'steam' folder.

I can't seem to locate it in the installation folder of the demo either.

Help? Would love to test this out before next week.

Part-Timer

I found it late last night. The Steam apps folder was located in the Total War folder. Wtf?

Something obviously went ga-ga with a prior installation of either Steam or TW.

Strange...

Amateur

Good afternoon my friends.

Firstly, sorry for my absence yesterday, got back a little late at night after celebrating our (real life) win over MK Dons at St. Mary's.

Thank you all for your comments. I'm happy that you are enjoying the pack.

I'll get to your queries now:

Quote Originally Posted by Becanes View Post
    Bennico, were you able to get the team chants to work?
    From what I can tell, yes. At least, the Southampton one (713) works in my game, and as I've not come up against any of the other teams programmed in yet during pre-season, I can't say for 100% certain. I may need to play with it's selections chances slightly though.

Cheers
    Hmm, that is a shame. It has not happened for me this time around, so I thought the issue had been eradicated. Can you give me a rough idea of how often it happens for you, and at what kind of times during the game?

I'm going away now this afternoon for school holidays with the kids, so unfortunately, cannot do any further testing until I return in a week or so. I will see if I can resolved it when I return.

Quote Originally Posted by Leopeo View Post
    Wow, really great pack. Could you provide an optional mirror? I seem to have problem with megaupload, it says that I've already downloaded 'xxx' mb even though I've not downloaded anything from there for at least the last 6 months...
    That is strange, are you using any kind of proxy service, or perhaps Tor?
    That's the only thing I can think of that may give you this kind of issue.

I wasn't planning on uploading to another host, as megaupload is where I have an account, and this year, I want to keep an easy track on the number of downloads. Though when I get back from my holiday, I will look at setting up an account at another host, so I can upload and still keep track of download numbers. I will link it when it's done.

Quote Originally Posted by GrigorisLfc View Post
    A mod should stick this thread.
    Lol, thanks. But seeing that I've never once even had any kind of comment from anyone at SI on my packs, I doubt you'll see it stickied anytime soon. To be honest, it's not really the kind of topic you'd expect to be stickied anyway, and it's pretty easy to find with a search for 'Sound Packs'.

Quote Originally Posted by fmobande View Post
    Mate i downloaded it and tried it in aFM10 Demo England Match more then 80, 000 seated i tested it and honestly... i was clapping on how good the sound of the match was it felt so realistic so great it the cheers ect the celebration's was fantastic lol , it felt very very Live and made me smile .even made me more excited to watch a full match or key ect then before , very great. Thank you for making this keep it up.
    Thank you, that is a nice feedback to hear.
    Thinking back to how I frustratedly struggled over the celebrations for last year's pack, I too am very happy to have them working consistently. Lol, in testing when goals went in, I was cheering more for the celebrations working each time, than the actual goals themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by spankie View Post
    Thank you. They are not actually supposed be on separate lines, in the sense of hitting the return after a command. If you open in full notepad mode (rather than the small window), you should see that the way they're laid out, it is by 'tabs' at the end of a command string, which makes them appear on the next line. The ones on their own lines from the return key, are after a break/commented out key.

It is an annoying issue though, as I found with last years pack, and was unable to rectify it. Fortunately though, it did not occur very often for me. This year, I've not had it happen at all, hence my belief that it was fixed. I'll see what I can do when I return from holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sean View Post
    Stupid question; I know. Does it make a difference which setting is toggled in the Sound Cache under the Display/Sound Tab in the Preferences screen? It is defaulted to 'Smart' and it also has the options of being switched to 'None' or 'All.' Anyway, thanks in advance.
    As I stated in the opening post, you'll want to have it set to play "all sounds".

Thanks again for all your feedback, I always appreciate it.

Currently, we're on 323 downloads, and the game isn't even out yet; so hopefully that will be set to rise further. I place a focus on that, only because whilst it is nice to have feedback, I appreciate that many people will not even be members here, and therefore downloading without comment; so keeping track of the download numbers gives me an idea of how popular the pack becomes each year.

I'll still be checking in whilst I'm away from home, but will be unable to work on any issues until I return.

I also notice I have a few PMs, I will respond to them shortly, before I leave.

Kind Regards,

Benn.

Amateur

LOL benn i unstalled FM thinking i wont go on it again then i got bored and restored it, then all my files are gone , i did the same method ect but even if i put it in the right folders ect . the sound aint working like .. its not activating or somthing its not doing the sounds on the files in Default folder. its still doing the original sounds ( i shouldn't of unstalled FM)(im screaming with anger)
    Last edited by fmobande; 25-10-2009 at 14:06.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by fmobande View Post
    LOL benn i unstalled FM thinking i wont go on it again then i got bored and restored it, then all my files are gone , i did the same method ect but even if i put it in the right folders ect . the sound aint working like .. its not activating or somthing its not doing the sounds on the files in Default folder. its still doing the original sounds ( i shouldn't of unstalled FM)(im screaming with anger)

I just replied to your PM.

Hopefully that helps. Please let me know. I'll reply when I next can.

Part-Timer

"MATCH_SOUNDS:: play()-Unrecognised sound id string-SOUND-LIGHT_GROANS-OPPOSITION"

Had that too sadly. Once in one match and then around 6-10 times in another.

Youth Team

Good work, Benn. Look forward to hearing it. Agree with another poster that SI should reward the not inconsiderable, free-of-charge work that some forum users put into improving the game.

Reserves

Top man Bennico. I'm downloading it now, even though I won't be able to install it for a while as I'm using the vanilla demo and the full game will take time to arrive here in Cambodia.

One question - I'm going to be creating a 10-tier league with me starting in the 10th level. Thus my crowds will likely be 10 men and a dog. Will your sounds make it seem like tens of thousands are there, or will it reflect the actual attendance?

Part-timer

I also had the problem with the light groans file. The only time it has occured to me was after I scored a 2nd goal at the Bernabau with Barcelona if that helps.

Amateur

is there "im forever blowing bubbles" ?

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by JudgementDave View Post
    is there "im forever blowing bubbles" ?
    Wait for the posthumous Michael Jackson album

Amateur

Sorry guys I'm guessing I'm asking this in the wrong place but can anybody point me in the direction of a good commentary download, improving the standard SI in-match commentary? Just downloading the sounds now, should really add to the match atmosphere which has to be good

Cuzer

Amateur

Anybody point me in the right direction?

Amateur

This service is temporarily not available from your service area.

Sorry but when i click on the dl page it says this.Is it only me or the page doesnt work?

Part-Timer

Think I need some help. I put the sound pack in what I thought was the right place but no sounds were playing, so out the default ones back and now they don't work Any ideas?

EDIT: Fixed now :P
    Last edited by joetheref; 31-10-2009 at 19:05.

Amateur

Class again mate, Much appreciated.

Amateur

I've downloaded the sound pack, but i don't appear to have the folders you say i should put it in. I have gone through C drive, program files, sports interactive but the only folder there is 'uninstall football manager 2010' so i had a look in the steam folder and there was nothing in there which said data. I then thought i'd extract it to 'my documents, sports interactive, sounds. But none of the additional sounds are playing. The game is playing fine, but can't seem to find the folders. I installed a boxed copy of the game using steam

Amateur

If you have Steam, the 'events' and 'sounds' folders go in

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2010\data

Amateur

love this, adds another dimension to the game for me, increases realism as well.

Amateur

Match commentary would be nice Any plans for that?

Amateur

Hello,

can anyone who is using this pack tell me what sort of impact it has on match performance? My computer is on the slow side as it is and I don't know if adding additional sounds would tip it over the edge on match days!

Amateur

does it matter what league your playing in?? im Bayern M

and iv not noticed any difference at all since installing it.....

is it mainly an English leagues update??

Is there any way i can remove the sound with the drums? its killin my ears.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by joeissimo View Post
    This service is temporarily not available from your service area.

Sorry but when i click on the dl page it says this.Is it only me or the page doesnt work?

I get this same problem too

Amateur

just checked the link, works ok for me

Youth Team

Fantastic job.

Been hoping for something like this on fm10.

Top man!

I have no data file where you said and i looked in my documents and there is still no data file. Any suggestions?

Never mind ,i just read macon's info.

Thanks again.
    Last edited by dking; 01-11-2009 at 13:18.

Amateur

"MATCH_SOUNDS:: play()-Unrecognised sound id string-SOUND-LIGHT_GROANS-OPPOSITION"

Just had that error, looking forward to a fix for it!

Part-Timer
    Washington DC but my heart lies in Leicester

Just installed.

TOP JOB Bennico!! Really adds to the atmosphere. I love the guy who makes the announcements over the P.A. System - He sounds Hungarian

Part-Timer
    Washington DC but my heart lies in Leicester

Quote Originally Posted by NickJ73 View Post
    Is there any way i can remove the sound with the drums? its killin my ears.
    You could find out which of the WAV files the drum noise is and then just change the volume of it in a sound editing program. There are plenty of free ones out there.

Amateur

Exclamation Re: [Released] FM2010 Sound Pack

I have to pay to download this, why??? You have a file which in order to download you have to subscribe to MEGAUPLOAD and pay a subscription, I ain't paying for this. If there is another way to get it free, I'm all ears ((

Amateur

you can download it for free on megaupload! Wait til the timer gets to zero on the right hand side of the screen and select 'regular' option
    Last edited by rafregt; 01-11-2009 at 15:46. Reason: detail

Amateur

are there supposed to be different sounds for different stadium sizes?

I'm on Mac and the sounds for the crowds are the same regardless of stadium size...

Amateur

Good Attempt mate,

Not as good as the one i made for FM08. I had over 500 chants for specific teams and also player chants aswell. Sadly i got a new computer and lost all the files but it was sooo popular that everyone want me to do one for FM09 but i just don;'t have the time or ambition to do it again. I am also now a dad so i can't devote another 40hours to update hundreds of files and configs.

I would never say never about doing another one tho.

If you want help or advice then please drop me a pm and i will do my best to help you.

Good luck - make sure you expand on this because people do get bored so you need to keep it fresh. It does get boring doing it after a while and it is not as easy as people think.

Youth Team

Does it work with the demo? Probably a stupid question.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by rafregt View Post

Just had that error, looking forward to a fix for it!
    Yeah, I've gotten this a few times as well.

Amateur

i got problems downloading the patch lol x.x anyone mind uploading it to another site?

Amateur

Last edited by Jamie_E; 02-11-2009 at 16:03. Reason: don't worry

Amateur

Hi, just a quick note to say sorry I've been unable to be here during the last week.

As you know, I was away on holiday (got back tonight), but unfortunately, I did not have an internet connection where I was, which was unexpected.

I will respond to you all tomorrow, as it is late here now, and I'm still trying to figure out why my nice shiny new copy of FM2010 I bought this evening, will not load a new game with my first Editor file, lol.

I'll respond to PMs tomorrow too.

Thanks for all your feedback.

Benn.

Amateur

Screenshots of the bug mentioned above. As you can see, what usually happens for me is the MEDIUM_GROANS error pops up, immediately followed by the LIGHT_GROANS error.

Part-Timer

can anyone help? i don't seem to have a data folder in steam?

Banned

I still have to give this sound pack a try ( cause I don't have the game yet ) but I am under the impression that's a masterpiece to be sold separately at £ 12.99 each box.

You , author, are a talented ********* thank you so much mate, really thank you so much and keep up the good work !!!!!

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Gee_Simpson View Post
    can anyone help? i don't seem to have a data folder in steam?
    Can anyone help with this? do i just created a data folder if i don't have one?

Cheers.
    Last edited by Gee_Simpson; 03-11-2009 at 17:06.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast