The New Pele?

One of the things I've loved to do with the FM is just leave it on for many game years and see what legends eventually emerge. Unfortunately, the FM engine has never given me a Pele-esque superstar that is heads-and-shoulders above anybody else in the database. Somebody like a 20 finishing, 20 pace, 20 strength striker that always wins year-end awards and nets World Cup/Champions League medals.

For those long-term managers with decades-long games, have you ever had another Pele emerge? What about a Michael Owen wunderkind?

how many players have the "dubbed the new Kaka" description and turn out to b rubish?!? I had 5 on my game, and neither of them developed above 2 stars!!!

However, I had a regen that i bought from sporting cp for 170K and started playing first team for me before turning 18...by the age of 21 was Portugal captain and was raking in the awards at the end of the season (champions league, word footballer, european midfielder...), and worth 30M...he's now 29 and still brilliant!

The trick is to get a youngster wonder kid and Make him play every game possible. I had Jack wilshere (started as a sub) in 2018 he became the most expensive player in the scouing list and score an averga on 2 goal a game.

it's up to you. the more you train and make a player (if he got potential) the better he get. Wenger philosophy :)

Goldman, check the challenge section - theres a thread there for people who get strikers to score a 1000 or more in their career, and there is quite a few of us there now. Nepenthez is going for 3000 on his striker.

anyone saying regens were 'rubbish' on FM09 needs their head examined.

Indeed they do, if you select England as the only active league with no additional nations - then yes your regens will be terrible a few years down the line. I imagine the active player database will only be somewhere around 20 - 30,000 which is a lot of players but whilst we see a lot of the likes of Zidane and Maradona, there is way more than ten times the amount of players you'd have loaded in your database.

When playing a mates save I used to always see how many players they had because some editors list the number, my games usually have somewhere around 350,000 a couple on better PC's have practically everything and are pretty close to 500,000 and a mate of mine who was moaning only had England active and it was the only country really producing regens so he struggled to keep finding good players.

All interesting stuff, I've since checked the Dugout boards and heard of the fictional "Kenny Zuma" in FreddyGuarin's game.

Apparently he was a 4x winner of World Player of the Year at age 29 and singlehandedly made South Africa a top footballing nation. Maybe that's not Pele-worthy, but certainly a regen who ends up being the best African player of all time.

As I said, Nepenthez has a striker put up on these forums nearly at 3,000 goals. I've got Keirrison who has scored 1500, Dafuge had a striker score over 1,000. Keirrison has won world player of the year 11 times out of 13. It's quite easy to get a good striker on this if you bide your time.

I've an English regen on my books, currently 27 caps 30 goals for England, played 273 scored 480 for Stoke (currently aged 21) - he isn't on Keirrisons level yet but if I keep this save on he will play far more than 700 like Keirrison has. Another English regen I had played 181 for me scoring 241 before I sold him on.

Once you get into the game a bit, it becomes easy to score insane amounts lol.

In '09 I purchased the "New Owen Hargreaves" - I disagreed about this description as my player wasn't injury prone.

I also bought the "New Adebayor" - And he turned out to be the best striker that I've ever had on a Football Manager game... not that it was much of a horse race as in the previous Football Manager's I was pretty poor. In '09 I've currently gotten little East Fife on the verge of the SPL, with the help of the two players that I mentioned above.

i had the greatest ever english regen in my opinion

i showed a SS of his record and clubs and stats :)

england caps 125/ england goals 126

cant remember off the top of my head but if anyone wants a SS i'll find it and provide it :D

Screenshot of his stats please not that i dont believe you but would be cool to see

I think it was on 07 I brought in a regen striker who was only 20 or so. I can't for the life of me think of his name, it'll come to my later when my mind is focused, but it's one of the first time, in fact I think the only time for my game that someone has scored more goals than they have played games.

Was something like 52 goals in 47 games. He was my Pele. Shame I forgot his name ha.

a few years back in 02 or 03, i got to about the year 2028 or so with celtic, i cleaned up year after year an got this player off the youth team called andrew ritchie he was an attackin midfielder since he was 16 till he was about 28 he played around 600 games and seriousley scored around 400 and had around 250 assists, anyway lverpool bid around 80 million for him, not out of the blue but over the space of 2 or 3 season , they started off biddin around 2-3 million for him,and just kept goin up, anyway the thing is i got sacked for not sellin him, or for refusind 80 somethin million. was sick.

Fm09 regens not good? ahaha ahahahaha

In my Network game im running the now its 2017 and my Hibernian team is basicly the England International feeder team.

Ive bought maybe 18 English regens from various teams over the years and they have all been great, getting awards left right and centre.

4 of them turn out for the England team the now, that includes 3 who moved to huge teams after i sold them, and theres another 6 or 7 in my team the now who are just turning 19/20 and are seriously knocking on the door of full international status.

Lets se...

DC Kid, i bought him for about £500K early on and sold him for £15m 3 seasons later, hes now with Real madrid.

Rangers Kid, i bought him from Rangers for about £800K and sold him 4 seasons later for £10m, hes now at Chelsea and worth £30m.

Disco Stu, Bought him from Burnley when they got relegated for about £2m, topped the SPL scoring charts and moved for £9m two seasons later... now at Man Utd and worth about £19m

Then theres the guys in my team the now...

Glyn Hayes, Josh Lord, Ben parsons, Steve Bignall, Mike Bone etc... all England under 21's and all amazing.

My mate at Dundee Utd has regens from Italy, and Brazil who are minted as well.

Hell ive even had 2 minted regen keepers, one i ended up selling because he wanted to move, but the other i managed to pick up 6 months later and hes going to be immense seeing as how his stats are already good enough for Europe and hes only got to 4 out of a potential 6 stars.

• 1 month later...
i had the greatest ever english regen in my opinion

i showed a SS of his record and clubs and stats

england caps 125/ england goals 126

cant remember off the top of my head but if anyone wants a SS i'll find it and provide it

I have a much better English Regen than that :D

Good stuff. His international record is crazy. I have something a little better than that, from FM06...

TooManyGoals.jpg

SecondCount.jpg

He had already scored over 1,000 goals [And in Prem, too] - it was my greatest ever FM06 save. Him and some other guy were scoring demons. Anyway, thats Blacks international records. Not bad, eh :D

Not on my game but my mate has one at the min at milan and he's only in 2019.

He's a english striker worldwide wonderkid.

Last sason he scored something like 55 goals and won all the euro awards, world awards and national awards. Also at the ahge of 20 has 30 england caps and 31 goals, also top of his captains list at 19 yrs old. This kid is the ****.

This is the best I've ever had in the FM games. This one is from FM09.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/p.calay/marcio.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/p.calay/marcio1.jpg

I went into the editor and saw that his PA was 199. It was pure chance I found this guy and I am already hoping, wishing that I can find such a talismanic figure for FM10.

This guy helped bring Brazil(with me as their manager) to a clean sweep of trophies from 2015 to the 2018 world cup.

This is the best I've ever had in the FM games. This one is from FM09.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/p.calay/marcio.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/p.calay/marcio1.jpg

I went into the editor and saw that his PA was 199. It was pure chance I found this guy and I am already hoping, wishing that I can find such a talismanic figure for FM10.

This guy helped bring Brazil(with me as their manager) to a clean sweep of trophies from 2015 to the 2018 world cup.

I don't think I'm the only one who'll be trying to decipher the chat in the background. :D

Heh, was talking about my difficulty at readjusting my tactics in FM09. Which I'm still doing in FM10.

I don't know why. I remember I used to be very happy with the very defensive, direct counter attacking 4-5-1. Pepe Guardiola has spoiled FM for me. :x

Why does it say on the second screen shot that he's played two more games but scored 250 LESS goals? :confused:

EDIT: Look at his tackling and marking attributes, for a STRIKER ffs! :D:D

Because the numbers integer is only 16 bit. So when he scored his "255th" goal, it went back to 0 :D. So in the second screen shot, his total tally is that, +255 more.

I have a much better English Regen than that :D

Good stuff. His international record is crazy. I have something a little better than that, from FM06...

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a385/NepentheZ/Gareth%20Black/TooManyGoals.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a385/NepentheZ/Gareth%20Black/SecondCount.jpg

He had already scored over 1,000 goals [And in Prem, too] - it was my greatest ever FM06 save. Him and some other guy were scoring demons. Anyway, thats Blacks international records. Not bad, eh :D

How on earth has he got finishing 20, composure 20, yet penalty taking 6 :p

Leigh Stones that I had on FM09 might have given your lad a run for his money for England Nep ;)

Only disappointing thing with that player of yours is he's lacking a bit of pace. Hopefully his sheer abundance of technical ability will compensate; I'd consider retraining him all across the board as AM/RLC he looks like he would be a great Trequartista.

I had an Argentinian striker dubbed the next Mario Kempes and a Columbian striker dubbed the next Hugo Rodallega in one of my FM08 saves. But with the release of FM10 i've moved to that now. I reckon they could have given Symlie a run for his money! ;):D

I brought Conor Clifford from Chelsea to Bristol Rovers and he was dubbed the next Roy Keane.

I sold him right away.

I've had a few others that were interesting. I had the next Sol Campbell once, as well as Mick McCarthy. I should have kept Clifford and the regen who was supposedly the next McCarthy (both Irish), and saw how they got along.

Of course in FM08, I noticed that any decrease or increase in stats will take the comparison away pretty quickly. I've also had the comparison change overnight.

Archived