+ Reply to Thread

Thread: steam updating

Amateur

Default steam updating

how do i stp steam from updating?? everytime i wanna play the stupid steam updates and takes a long time. thus, i play FM less. how do i stop this??

Reserves

Default Re: steam updating

God this is killing me too. 4 days to download from steam and now this. It happened when I loaded the dark skin and pressed confirm. Next time I won't install anything and never close the demo until I get the disc and it's bye-bye to Steam forever!

Semi Pro

again you made a similar post only complaining instead of asking for help how mature.

at the OP steam has to be updated , however it only updates wen needed , can you explain whats going on better?

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by phnompenhandy View Post
    God this is killing me too. 4 days to download from steam and now this. It happened when I loaded the dark skin and pressed confirm. Next time I won't install anything and never close the demo until I get the disc and it's bye-bye to Steam forever!
    Its your loss. All you, and everyone else, has to do to stop auto updating in Steam is to right click on your games and disable auto updating. Steam allows you to keep and play your games forever with no risk of losing or scratching discs.

Reserves

Ah cheers - nobody told me that until now. Anyway I'm done with Steam for good.

Amateur

Steam is so easy to use. I've been able to use it since I was 12 and thats when I knew nothing about PCs and how to use them really. If you can't use it properly then your ********.

Reserves

So you're still 12 then.

+ Reply to Thread