love the game but are strikers scoring to much

love the game if you read my previous stuff you shall see but one errr problam iam finding my striker is scoring to much or is it just my tactic

i currently have henri camara playing as a poacher with emi semolak as the transquarian and he cant stop scoring infact he has 10 in 5 games and whilst in the past i have had problams in previous editions 08 and i know its a new game but it seams like were going back to the days of 40 goals a season strikers.

I also played the same system with burnley in the prem and robbie blake i played as a poacher and after finishing the demo he had 16 premier league goals which is imo unrealistic.

just a observation and sorry if other have mentioned it but it just seams a little strange

it's been like that as long as I can remember. it's a defensive weakness of ME. in real life strikers are usually surounded with far more players than in FM and it's almost impossibile to recreate that, even with most defensive tactics. players simply don't cover as they would in real life.

it's quite usual that with 20 shots at least 15 will be taken by strikers. the other thing is that midfielders (especially wingers) are not as dangerous as they should be. unfortunatly wingers' movement still hasn't been adressed..

Exactly what Fm1000 says, specially in FM2009, the strikers were horrible. Every week I had reports on strikers having over 10,12,15,20 hours of playing football without scoring, my MC's and DC's were the top scoring half, I had 2-5 post hits per game, horrible amount of 100% chance misses, and I even noticed that, the higher flair and finishing was, the worse they played. I'd rather see a game ending 4:2 instead 2:1 but know that my strikers actually have effect. Before this release, I started a game where I had one or no strikers at all in the game, just a bunch of AM's and MC's, and they were playing without problem.

As for the game in Fm2010 I'm currently playing, here are first results (arsenal):

Arsenal - Bochum 5:0 Fr

Arsenal - Boreham Wood 11-1 Fr

Arsenal - Barnet 4-0 Fr

Arsenal - Waregem 3-0 Fr

Arsenal - Lokeren 3-0 Fr

Arsenal - Mechelen 4-2 Fr

Arsenal - Blackburn 2-1

Arsenal - Stuttgart 2-1

Arsenal - Fulham 2-0

Arsenal - Stuttgart 2-2

I must be the odd one out i have trned into george graham just snatching 1-0 wins only scored more than 1 in 2 matches so far a 3-2 defeat to hull and a 2-1 win over burnley with man city my strikers are blazing them wide or over

To be fair to the OP if what he is saying is true and the likes of Robbie Blake can score close to 20 goals in half a Premier League season then it certainly is a problem. Despite the new tags we can give midfielders it is quite rare for a CM to make a run from deep beyond the strikers and have a one on one with the keeper - most of their goals come from distance or wingers pulling the ball back to them from the byline.

I must say that I have never, in any edition of FM noticed an increase in creative freedom resulting in a tangible change of a player's positioning on the pitch when it really should see players popping up in unexpected areas of the field. Even from brief highlights of MOTD last night I noticed Glen Johnson popping up in a centre forward position on more than one occasion, it is difficult to replicate that on FM.

I really do hope that FM10 does not see a return to the days of FM06 and FM07 where mediocre strikers could quite easily score 30+ goals per season.

Archived