Best save you had on 08

The best save i had was with Liverpool and went on till 2038 then computer started to pack up and i lost it. The team i built up took alot of time and money (had to sell Gerrard and Carragher in my first season) The team i had played with a 4-1-1-3-1 attacking formation, with short quick passing. We lined up like this

GK-I Akinfeev

RFB-C Puyol CB-K Mourbet CB-M Richards LFB-M Sakho

DM-E Banega

CM-J Toulalan

RAM-S Aguero CAM-M Fernandez LAM-A Guardado

FW-F Torres

Subs-GK-G Coupet

DF-E Garay

MF-J Menez

MF-R Van Der Vaart

ST-J Defoe

I had the team playing quite narrow with Jeremy Toulalan set as the creative influence and Banega set as defensive as possible. This system gave my team alot of licence to get forward, I had Torres score over 40 goals in all comps 3 years running and all 3 of my AMF's getting 15 plus each season. I won everything and was gutted that my computer died on me or i wouldnt even be thinking of buying FM10!!

I'm the opposite to dafuge, FM08 was my best. Had two saves that went past 2020, one as Harpenden Town (a team I created) and the other as Arsenal.

Both were fantastic games.

Harpenden Town. What rep? Players etc did you give them?

The best save i had was with Liverpool and went on till 2038 then computer started to pack up and i lost it. The team i built up took alot of time and money (had to sell Gerrard and Carragher in my first season) The team i had played with a 4-1-1-3-1 attacking formation, with short quick passing. We lined up like this

GK-I Akinfeev

RFB-C Puyol CB-K Mourbet CB-M Richards LFB-M Sakho

DM-E Banega

CM-J Toulalan

RAM-S Aguero CAM-M Fernandez LAM-A Guardado

FW-F Torres

Subs-GK-G Coupet

DF-E Garay

MF-J Menez

MF-R Van Der Vaart

ST-J Defoe

I had the team playing quite narrow with Jeremy Toulalan set as the creative influence and Banega set as defensive as possible. This system gave my team alot of licence to get forward, I had Torres score over 40 goals in all comps 3 years running and all 3 of my AMF's getting 15 plus each season. I won everything and was gutted that my computer died on me or i wouldnt even be thinking of buying FM10!!

Some save you had there, Was Defoe good? Thinking of bringing him to Celtic.

I had my most successful save on 07 with Spurs, winning the Prem around 15 times in a row and the Champs League 12 times. However, my favourite save is on 08 with Villa. I've almost been as successful as I was with Spurs but I enjoyed the Villa save more, probably because it was a bit less predictable. I had Jimmy Briand and Billy Sharp up front, unstoppable they were! I'm still playing 08 and just started a game with Stafford Rangers, my local team.

08 was definitely the best for me in terms of saved games. Never really got into 09 despite having played a few seasons on it. On 08 I went the furthest I've ever gone on an FM game; 7 and a half seasons, with Celtic. Managed to win a double and 6 domestic trebles in those 7 seasons and reached the CL Quarter Finals. James McFadden was definitely the best signing I've ever made on FM, got him for about £7m and he bagged 45+ goals a season. Guilherme, Aiden McGeady, Craig Gordon and Ivan Rakitic all played fantastic over the course of the game for me aswell. I'd probably still be playing this save if I still had it, though my hard drive got corrupted and I had to reformat it so I lost my best game ever :(

in fm08 i had 2 good saves, one i got tamworth from BSN to the Mid table obscurity of the Premiership. Then the game got difficult because i still had a realy small ground, the board wouldnt expand and i couldnt generate any money, my best players all wanted to move to bigger clubs, so i started to decline and i got bored.

My 2nd good save I started in the Championship with Southampton, got them promoted, went to Middlesborough for a while then left for Newcastle. Where i had the best forward I have ever seen in any fm game. I signed Jimmy Briand for about £10-15 million played a 4-2-3-1 and played super jimmy upfront on his own, and he banged in about 52 league goals in one season in the premiership and over

70 goals in all competitions. Won the prem that season, then it got too easy and i got bored.

Well, I've given up on trying to download the demo and have decided to go back to 08. So, what was your best save on 08 and also could you reccomend me any players?

If you are having problems downloading the demo the go to gamershell.com as the vanilla version is now on their servers and downloads straight away with no problems. (25 minutes later I was playing)

FM08 for me was the best version I didn't bother with 09. I played 14 seasons with Salisbury City and got them into the Championship playoffs. The best player I signed for them was Chris Templeman from Forfar in my first season. He was my top scorer for 4 years and bagged 39 goals in his first season.

My best 08 save, and best save ever, was Leeds United where I took them from -15 to 8 in a row champions and then turning out player after player thru my reserves/youth/multi-million transfer budgets spent on kids policy.

Built around a young Swiss striker called Charles Andre Doudin. Jose Baxter turns out good in it aswell.

Reminds me of my boy Rocca, best striker in the world at 22 by a long way. The Italian manager ignores him for some reason though. Also, it does get weird how very few players have 20's in stats like Finishing (In Oct 2011 only 3 players have 20 finishing) and none at the same time have 20 passing.

I Had

-Montpellier game 15seasons long, lost it because i had a virus and the hard disc was replaced.

-Sporting (6years) - Sociedad (9years)

- Dortmund(9 years) - Leeds (5.1 years). Tis is the one I'm playing, but i can't bring myself to it anymore. Demo of FM10 that isn't working just kills my mood

08 was probably the best version in terms of a long-term save for me. I struggled to get past 2-3 seasons in 09, but I think that was as much to do with the end of studenty life and finding a f/t job as it was my computer's modest performance.

'10 should be just the job for some decent career action though. A faster game and a faster PC should allow me to race through the seasons with a couple hour's play each day :) The release of Windows 7 has been timed perfectly for some reasonably fast, all but empty hard drive FM action.

Anyway, my best save? 4 seasons with QPR, offered the gig at my beloved Spurs at the start of the 5th season. They were struggling towards the bottom of the Prem and QPR were just about to make their Champions League début. 5-6 lovely seasons with Spurs winning everything on offer domestically and the old UEFA, but not the CL :(

A 10 season game is quite modest by a lot of people's standards, isn't it?

I had a Burnley game going where I was winning everything and got to 2040 then my club was bought out and i was plunged into £2 billion of debt. I won the league once more and then resigned and got the job at Spurs. Burnley were so poor that I nicked all their best players and won the league with Spurs (furst time they had ever done it) Then I wanted a challenge in a different country and ended up getting the AC Milan job. I am currently 4 games into the new season and am top after winning them all.

Burnley got relegated after selling all their players (Crazy because i had won the CL about 15 times, the prem about 25 times and countless other trophies too. I won all 7 entered 2 years in a row)

Good times

I had a wonderful career on 08 that took me from Bulgaria to Russia to Argentina to Holland, France and finally Spain at Real Madrid. It was an epic 20 season number, I loved that file :(

Also had a file that nearly completed Gundo's challenge in Croatia with a side called Slavonija. Sinisa Lucic :')

Started a Liverpool save on 08 yesterday and having a blast. Currently 4th in the Premier League, beat Man United and Chelsea (4-1!), into the knockout stages of the Champion's League and the quarter-finals of the FA Cup.

Edit: It does seem that 08 is the version that I've had the most fun with. It would have been 09 if it weren't for some dodgy match engine moments and the general, annoying slowness.

Archived