Has anyone watched a full match in fm??

I've given it a go on the demo, FM09 became quite bad after a little while if looking at the full match. But so far I'm quite happy with the ME in FM10. Mostly playing exteded right now though, but I will certainly give the full match a go in the full game I think. Feels much more like a proper football match and with the touchline instructions, it will come well in handy if making decisions on the go as you see the game unfold. :) Think it will also be easier to spot things compared to playing on extended/key.

Played a season once watching all the games on full. Took a long time but I didn't half get to understand tactics and players better.

If you start doing it you realise how much your missing out even by viewing extended highlights.

I always play in full match but get a bit frustrated when I see people playing in high high high speed and winning 7-0 without knowing if their team is playing well or bad. Then I stop playing as i dont see the point in making tactics if other people don't mind about this and win 7-0 7-5 etc.

i will definitely do it for FM2010 ill watch full matches because I want a realistic season as possible.I feel this year ill be happy addictive and matches will be more fun to watch since there are less bugs in 09.

I couldn't be ass I didn't feel it was right watching a full match since I got it late but 2010 im going to watch full matches going to be fun!!!

Just watched 90 minutes Crystal Palace (Me) -=vs=- Arsenal in the year 2020.

My first season in the prem and wasn't that happy this was my first match to watch 90 minutes of lol, Anyways we won 2-0 and closed them down before they knew what time it was they never seemed to have any real emergency about them until we scored our second ... and by then it was too late . Really makes a difference and I'm sure if I could watch all games for 90 minutes I would have alot more better results.

Just watched 90 minutes Crystal Palace (Me) -=vs=- Arsenal in the year 2020.

My first season in the prem and wasn't that happy this was my first match to watch 90 minutes of lol, Anyways we won 2-0 and closed them down before they knew what time it was they never seemed to have any real emergency about them until we scored our second ... and by then it was too late . Really makes a difference and I'm sure if I could watch all games for 90 minutes I would have alot more better results.

dont it get boring?

Why would it get boring, its a football match. And anyway I'm pretty sure its not actually 90 minutes, the seconds in FM match time are quicker than actual seconds (or at least in FM09 they were) so its not a complete hour and a half.

I've certainly watched quite a few games in full, obviously not all the time because it would literally take months to complete a season but certainly the big games I usually watch in full and extended highlights the rest of the time.

Why would it get boring, its a football match. And anyway I'm pretty sure its not actually 90 minutes, the seconds in FM match time are quicker than actual seconds (or at least in FM09 they were) so its not a complete hour and a half.

I've certainly watched quite a few games in full, obviously not all the time because it would literally take months to complete a season but certainly the big games I usually watch in full and extended highlights the rest of the time.

i think the matches are an hour long.

Well I guess I'm an extreme minority here as I watch all of my games out in full 90 minutes and have since I started playing FM with version 2006.

I'm from the US and knew nothing about football until I started playing FM. I watched full matches as a way to learn both FM and real football. At the same time I started watching matches on tv here in the States on the Fox Soccer Channel to try to educate myself about the beautiful game.

I continue to watch full matches now in FM as it's the only way I feel connected to my squad. Does it take longer to play seasons? Certainly but I'm in no hurry, I want to enjoy the experience.

Barrs asked if it gets boring? Being from the US I find the question kind of funny. Most people in the States use the argument that soccer\football isn't a great sport because it is boring. Bunch of guys kicking a ball around a big field until one team wins 1-0. Hell, I thought this was true through the first 45 years of my life until I started playing FM, now I know better:thup:. To answer Barrs question I would say no it never gets boring, it is a football game and it is as exciting to watch as any game I watch on tv. I get the "I don't have time to watch full matches" as I have a real life, work, family etc. I don't get "watching a full match of football is boring". Of course that's just my opinion, your mileage may vary:)

Sweed , i agree with you that you feel more connected with your squad if you watch the match. If the ME is well done, you won't get bored. But sometimes I feell that it is the same to watch the match or not as too many people win matches only playing in "Highlights" how do they know how their players have played?? and how to correct those mistakes??

Well I guess I'm an extreme minority here as I watch all of my games out in full 90 minutes and have since I started playing FM with version 2006.

I'm from the US and knew nothing about football until I started playing FM. I watched full matches as a way to learn both FM and real football. At the same time I started watching matches on tv here in the States on the Fox Soccer Channel to try to educate myself about the beautiful game.

I continue to watch full matches now in FM as it's the only way I feel connected to my squad. Does it take longer to play seasons? Certainly but I'm in no hurry, I want to enjoy the experience.

Barrs asked if it gets boring? Being from the US I find the question kind of funny. Most people in the States use the argument that soccer\football isn't a great sport because it is boring. Bunch of guys kicking a ball around a big field until one team wins 1-0. Hell, I thought this was true through the first 45 years of my life until I started playing FM, now I know better:thup:. To answer Barrs question I would say no it never gets boring, it is a football game and it is as exciting to watch as any game I watch on tv. I get the "I don't have time to watch full matches" as I have a real life, work, family etc. I don't get "watching a full match of football is boring". Of course that's just my opinion, your mileage may vary:)

Considering there isn't much in Iowa but fields :)

This is what I do but I do sometimes use highlights for Champions league finals (which i'm not in) and other big games..

So far every game I've played has been in full match view. I don't watch the match in normal speed, though, and typically have it so that it takes about a half hour or so play out a game, including subs and tactical changes and whatnot.

I find this does two things for me:

I know a lot more about what's going on in a match than if I'm just watching extended highlights. The last game my assistant manager swore up and down we were having a bad game... but I was watching and I knew things were exactly as I wanted them. It was a slow, defensive match in the rain, and by watching I was perfectly happy with what was going on, and we won. I can also spot trends this way that help me make tactical decisions before they become a highlight problem. For instance, also in the last game, I had one midfielder tossing the ball to the opposition too much, and I saw it pretty soon and he found the bench. Had I been playing on only highlights, there's no telling how that could have ended up. Possibly I wouldn't have noticed until the first highlight of an opposition midfielder plucking the ball and making a scoring pass.

The second thing this does it it makes it really feel like a match to me. There's no buildup or excitement if you play it on highlights and the thing is done in three minutes. Yeah, I have to invest 20 or 30 minutes for every match, but it feels like big deal when every one rolls around. Just like waiting for a week for the big game, I do all the weekly prep work and then... wow, here's the match.

Great fun. :D

Watching a full match opens your eyes to what the ME really is like. Highlights sometimes give the wrong impression because you'll constantly see missed long shots or through balls where the striker misses. So you then instantly think that it is always happening, when in reality if you watch the full match you'll see that isn't the case and there's a lot of variety in there :)

I've never done that personally but with how good the new ME is it might be worth a look at.

Now I know this is getting people to look at a thread I made but, what camera angle would be best for a 90 minute evaluation of a FM game?

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=154880

There are so many to choose from I would say for a proper look at your tactics for 90 minutes the Vertical Scrolling at you get to most of the pitch from a great angle. In this way it's not about how good the graphics are it's the getting the most out of your tactics and understanding them better.

mate football never gets boring, i watch football most of the time.

but fm is a game it's not real, the players dont have a brain it's all done by computer, im not coating the game off i love the game thats why i asked.

isit good watching a 90 min match with people with no brains, or you could just watch key moments in the match and it will all work out the same or will it, i dont no.

But i will give fm 10 ago on the full match mode.

Normally watch extended highlights, but after reading this thread i tried 'full match' and will not now be going back to extended highlights. The full match experience is great if you want the full experience of 'managing' a football club. If you want the arcade sensation then there are other titles that may be more suitable. This is a 'management' game and from now on it's full game for me, in the last game i watched things like a player putting the ball out for a throw, in order that an injured player got treatment, and then watched as the team taking the throw pass back to the opposition, just like reality. I saw a goalkeeper come out of his area and head the ball...loads of other incidents that you will miss with speeded up highlights. These things make this the best incarnation of a mangement game to date. I even made an enquiry for an opposition full back after watching him do well against my star winger, probably wouldn't have noticed just from stats etc. Great game SI and i thank you.

Incidently, the full games take between 20-25 mins per half at realistic speed.

Normally watch extended highlights, but after reading this thread i tried 'full match' and will not now be going back to extended highlights. The full match experience is great if you want the full experience of 'managing' a football club. If you want the arcade sensation then there are other titles that may be more suitable. This is a 'management' game and from now on it's full game for me, in the last game i watched things like a player putting the ball out for a throw, in order that an injured player got treatment, and then watched as the team taking the throw pass back to the opposition, just like reality. I saw a goalkeeper come out of his area and head the ball...loads of other incidents that you will miss with speeded up highlights. These things make this the best incarnation of a mangement game to date. I even made an enquiry for an opposition full back after watching him do well against my star winger, probably wouldn't have noticed just from stats etc. Great game SI and i thank you.

Incidently, the full games take between 20-25 mins per half at realistic speed.

Defo is much better watching in full match mode i have to say, like you said about stuff you miss out on.

your watching full match mode now, haha i should be thanked for the tread lol only joking :D

I always watch the full game, not least because I find the match ratings are often unreliable. Sometimes I'll think a player has had a stormer and done exactly what I wanted him to do, and he gets 6.3. Then another player hardly has a kick and then scores a tap in at the death and gets 7.1.

If I was to pick my team based on average ratings it would be very different, I'll often pick a player with a lower average rating and attributes because from watching the game I thought he performed better.

I always watch the full game, not least because I find the match ratings are often unreliable. Sometimes I'll think a player has had a stormer and done exactly what I wanted him to do, and he gets 6.3. Then another player hardly has a kick and then scores a tap in at the death and gets 7.1.

If I was to pick my team based on average ratings it would be very different, I'll often pick a player with a lower average rating and attributes because from watching the game I thought he performed better.

Fully agree with you on the match ratings. I always watch full match on normal speed I don't know how you can make the correct decisions just watching highlights. The match takes about an hour because when the ball is not in play the clock moves on. In fact I watch the game twice once in 3D and then analise it again in 2D

I must say, not once have I ever, EVER been tempted to watch the full match as it always seemed like such a huge drain on the resource that is time. However, having read some of the comments here, I must say that when I get in from work tonight the first thing I shall do is watch a full game.

I must say, not once have I ever, EVER been tempted to watch the full match as it always seemed like such a huge drain on the resource that is time. However, having read some of the comments here, I must say that when I get in from work tonight the first thing I shall do is watch a full game.

What did you think?

I watch important matches in full match mode (cup finals, playoffs, etc).

Usually I watch just highlights or even sim the match if I don't feel like messing with it.

One thing I miss about the older versions is the ability to fly through seasons. I really enjoy scouting and signing new talent and seeing how they develop much more than I do the actual matches.

I wouldn't dream of watching a game in anything other than Full Match Mode.

I've used this example before in similar previous topics:

Can you imagine a real life Football Manager, saying to his assistant; "Hey, Ass man, I'm just popping up to the bar for bit mate, give me a shout in my ear-piece if there's any interesting highlights, or anything you spot that's going wrong, and I'll run back down and see if I can figure out what to do". ;)

As has been mentioned in this topic already, there is so much that you miss out on, if you're not seeing the whole game.

When watching the full match, you get to study your players' positioning, see how your centre backs are handling the opposition's strikeforce, and make any adjustments that may be necessary, before you have to watch your 'keeper fishing the ball out of your net when the "key highlight" of it comes up; and enjoy their aerial dominance, crunching tackles, and classy interceptions that you would miss, if only watching a highlights package.

You can study how your tactics are shaping up against the opposition, and you are in the right place to notice anything that is going wrong, and make the appropriate changes, before they end up hurting you. For example, on full match mode, you may notice that their tricky winger is getting in behind your full back, and causing you problems, and you can do something about it, before you see the "highlight" of him racing free to the byline, and providing a cross that ends up in the back of your net. :)

There are just so many things, that you don't see in the highlights packages.

And, I also just love to sit and enjoy my fluent brand of attractive, attacking possession football; and listen to the added pleasure of my Sound Pack. :)

Archived