My name appears backwards?!?

Not sure if this is a bug, but when ever I enter my name in to create a manager, no matter how I type it, into which box, and no matter if the "address me by first name" is ticked or not. My surname is always written first.

i.e.

If my name was Paul Smith. I enter my name as Paul Smith, yet in the game I am known as Smith Paul????

Is it only me who is getting this?

I downloaded the demo in work and it worked fine but when i downloaded it at home, when i put my info in I also selected, call me by first name and it then reversed my names. I restarted the game and didn't select "call me by first name" and it works fine now.

Hope this helps

Call me by my first name, I believe this relates to Other languages other than English where their names are actually the opposite way round?

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe this is the case.

Yeah you've more than likely clicked the 'reverse first name button' - this cannot be changed once a game has started.
It is my only negative of such a fantastic game for me and it should be changed or gotten rid of asap.
I think its a useless button, and now everytime i play i get called by my surname -.-

Ok put all these together and the top post of mine tells you why its not useless, some nationalitys have their names the other way around...Hence why the button is there.

It is my only negative of such a fantastic game for me and it should be changed or gotten rid of asap.

What, so you only want SI to cater for those who live in certain countries?

Many countries, people are called (eg) Smith Peter, so it's only fair that they get the option to be called that in the game.

Much like female managers, to be fair.

If it was made more obvious what the option did I don't think people would care so much. But then it Is a demo and hopefully that information and more will be in the manual

I agree. I think I ticked it first time thinking that I would get media reports using my first name (a bit like Rafa), rather than my surname (a bit like Zola). It didn't occur to me immediately that it was for names like Finidi George.

I agree. I think I ticked it first time thinking that I would get media reports using my first name (a bit like Rafa), rather than my surname (a bit like Zola). It didn't occur to me immediately that it was for names like Finidi George.

That's why I chose it. 'reverse name' is a good label for it. Says exactly what it does.

PHEW!!! and double PHEW!!! Thank god i wasn't being dumb. You wouldnt believe how often I can be "that" stupid.

I started a new game, unticked the box and voila! everything is how it should be.

FYI. The button is definately labelled as "call me by my first name" which is slightly misleading.

Otherwise, OMG what a fantastic game. I'm going weak at the knees waiting for the 30th.

Archived