Graphic Card help needed. Please!

Ok i have a PC with a 2.28 GHz processor (i think) and 2 gb RAM. Now my graphic card is non existent. Some terrible 32 mb video ccard. Now FM 10 is working perfectly on my computer with regards to game and processing speed. However the 2D does lag a bit and 3d does not work at all. Will getting a 256mb graphic card solve this problem?

Even if it does not provide 3D will the 2D lag stop? I have a AGP slot so will have to buy a AGP card. Should i go for it? And what AGP card is good enough for FM?

A new card should fix your problems. An AGP one might be hard to get hold of these days unless you look on somewhere like ebay. Most card now a days are pci-e. Check your motherboard to see if it has one of these slots.

For the cost it will entail to switch everything over to PCIe then it is a small loss to have an AGP video card. A 256Mb AGP will be a huge increase over what you have now, and I am sure it will run the 3D. I'm no expert at all, but I am also sure the difference between AGP and PCIe is not so big that a 256 AGP card would not run what a 256 PCIe card would.

You'll be fine. Go get the card and enjoy the 3D. :)

It obviously depends on what specific graphics card you get (and not just the amount of video memory it has), whether you would be able to run FM10's 3d, but I'd take a guess that you would not see any more stuttering in 2d mode regardless of what graphics card you buy yourself.

The reason i am not upgrading to a new PC and PCI-express cards is because i will probably be getting a laptop soon. So i figured i might as well just go get an AGP card if it will improve the jerkiness.

Can anyone recommend any cards?

And yes does anyone have any idea how much a motherboard here in india cost?

you are closer to China, so ... a lot less, saving transport costs ...

AGP cards are out of production, you need to find a 2nd hand vga, so start looking, ati 2600pro/xt is your target

Ok i am getting Geforce FX 5500 card for a very low price. It's 256 mb. What i need to know is it good enough to play FM10? Will the 2D play without lag?

What other graphic cards would you recommend which would play FM better than this card but are cheap enough? Please help needed here!

Ok i am really really sorry to create another thread but i needed some quick answers so i am posting this again.

Ok i am getting Geforce FX 5500 card for a very low price. It's 256 mb. What i need to know is it good enough to play FM10? Will the 2D play without lag?

What other graphic cards would you recommend which would play FM better than this card but are cheap enough? Please help needed here!

I know the 5500 is not a great card but if it plays 3D decently and plays 2D perfectly without any lag then im happy. And if it takes away the cursor flashing problem.

Anyway what other graphic cards would you people recommend? AGP cards. 256 mb will do. Please please help :)

It's not a great card to be honest and may well lag a bit. I've got a Geforce 9500GT. Pretty cheap you can pick them up for £40 ish and it's a pretty decent card, plays 3d with no problem on medium graphics setting. Try getting a 512mb card if you can, it does make a difference.

It's not just about the card though, how much RAM do you have, a good video card won't make any difference if you are running out of RAM.

I got 2GB RAM. Till now i have been playing FM with some rubbish 32mb video card. Everything works perfectly except for the 2D which lags a BIT. Not much. But enough to be irritating. I have an AGP slot. Will a 512 card be a lot better than the 256 card?

The problem with having AGP is that cards are not easily available and if they are then they are expensive. 512mb card that i'm getting is a bit out of budget. Now i don't want to upgrade my computer because i will be getting a laptop within 6 months but till then i wanted a decent video card which would play the 2D atleast without any sort of lag.

So that's why i was thinking of the FX 5500

512 or 256 mb doesn't make a difference on lowerend cards as their processors arent strong enough to use the whole 512 mb ram. And 256 dedicated IS enough for 2D and 3D. It depends more on the processorcores in the card, rather than the mb ram.

Allright. So is the FX 6200 goood enough? I have been through some old threads and people using 6200 seem happy with it but i just wanted more confirmation. Thanks anyway :D

That's the card I currently have. It runs ok on lower detail, but I am looking to replace it this week.

Ok sorry to for a post this long but i need an idea if my comp can run fm10, I tried to run fm09 last year but it didnt work i believe it might've been because of my monitor, but my pc knowledge is not the best so hopefully someone would be able to help me?

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 10/20/2009, 15:18:37

Machine name: BULLER

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.090804-1435)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Packard Bell NEC

System Model: 00000000000000000000000

BIOS: Award Medallion BIOS v6.00PG

Processor: Intel® Celeron® CPU 2.93GHz

Memory: 1248MB RAM

Page File: 652MB used, 1696MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

------------

DxDiag Notes

------------

DirectX Files Tab: No problems found.

Display Tab 1: No problems found.

Sound Tab 1: No problems found.

Music Tab: No problems found.

Input Tab: No problems found.

Network Tab: No problems found.

--------------------

DirectX Debug Levels

--------------------

Direct3D: 0/4 (n/a)

DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)

DirectInput: 0/5 (n/a)

DirectMusic: 0/5 (n/a)

DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)

DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)

DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: SiS Mirage Graphics

Manufacturer: SiS

Chip type: SiS 661

DAC type: Internal

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1039&DEV_6330&SUBSYS_831E1033&REV_00

Display Memory: 32.0 MB

Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor: Daewoo 431X

Monitor Max Res: 1024,768

Driver Name: SiSGRV.dll

Driver Version: 6.14.0010.3900 (English)

DDI Version: 9 (or higher)

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 6/5/2009 03:07:24, 3467776 bytes

WHQL Logo'd: Yes

WHQL Date Stamp: n/a

VDD: n/a

Mini VDD: sisgrp.sys

Mini VDD Date: 6/5/2009 03:02:46, 323584 bytes

Device Identifier: {D7B71ED9-2070-11CF-BF7C-14A3A1C2CB35}

Vendor ID: 0x1039

Device ID: 0x6330

SubSys ID: 0x831E1033

Revision ID: 0x0000

Revision ID: 0x0000

Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_D ModeMPEG2_C ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG1_A

Deinterlace Caps: n/a

Registry: OK

DDraw Status: Enabled

D3D Status: Enabled

AGP Status: Enabled

DDraw Test Result: Not run

D3D7 Test Result: Not run

D3D8 Test Result: Not run

D3D9 Test Result: Not run

why would you waste money on fx5500 as it is pointed that minimum is fx5900 ...

dempsey_is_god, you lack videomemory, if you can allocate more from base memory ... look @ bios or @ drivers options, look for 'AGP aperture size' set to 256Mb

Archived