+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Computer Crashed

  1. #1
    Amateur
    Join Date
    4th December 2006
    Location
    Nr Featherstone, Yorkshire
    Posts
    316

    Default Computer Crashed

    My computer crashed, completely froze and had to pull the pulg to restart while playing the game, has anyone else experienced this or is it just a one off?

  2. #2
    Amateur
    Join Date
    28th July 2009
    Location
    UK , Where freedom of speech is alive.
    Posts
    890

    Default Re: Computer Crashed

    Have you got a 1699 Computer with a Hook at the back ?

  3. #3
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    29th August 2007
    Location
    www.nufcblog.co.uk
    Posts
    5,873

    Default Re: Computer Crashed

    Not experienced this myself. It could be down to a number of reasons though to be fair.

  4. #4
    Amateur
    Join Date
    4th December 2006
    Location
    Nr Featherstone, Yorkshire
    Posts
    316

    Default Re: Computer Crashed

    Quote Originally Posted by fmobande View Post
    Have you got a 1699 Computer with a Hook at the back ?
    Yes, yes I have, it maybe time to update but I cant bear to let go.

  5. #5
    Third Team
    Join Date
    1st September 2006
    Posts
    6,218

    Default Re: Computer Crashed

    Quote Originally Posted by joey6 View Post
    My computer crashed, completely froze and had to pull the pulg to restart while playing the game, has anyone else experienced this or is it just a one off?
    What are your specs? Post these and you might get better help.

  6. #6
    Amateur
    Join Date
    4th December 2006
    Location
    Nr Featherstone, Yorkshire
    Posts
    316

    Default Re: Computer Crashed

    Quote Originally Posted by trekman View Post
    What are your specs? Post these and you might get better help.
    Acer Aspire 5315
    Intel Celeron processor 550
    (2.0 GHz, 533 MHz FSB, 1MB L2 Cache)
    1GB DDR2

  7. #7
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    29th August 2007
    Location
    www.nufcblog.co.uk
    Posts
    5,873

    Default Re: Computer Crashed

    You could do with some more RAM - 2gb as a minimum really, and its cheap! My processor is 2ghz and its working fine. Os it a laptop or computer? If its a laptop, could it be overheating? ometimes the fans can get clogged up with dust and the like. Of course it could have been just a one off, has it happened since?

  8. #8
    Amateur
    Join Date
    4th December 2006
    Location
    Nr Featherstone, Yorkshire
    Posts
    316

    Default Re: Computer Crashed

    Quote Originally Posted by baker.simon View Post
    You could do with some more RAM - 2gb as a minimum really, and its cheap! My processor is 2ghz and its working fine. Os it a laptop or computer? If its a laptop, could it be overheating? ometimes the fans can get clogged up with dust and the like. Of course it could have been just a one off, has it happened since?
    Its not happened before, or since, but I think it could be overheating, I had been on it all day with coursework and the like, it is a laptop so the fan is blocked by the desk top i suppose... thanks for the help.

  9. #9
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    29th August 2007
    Location
    www.nufcblog.co.uk
    Posts
    5,873

    Default Re: Computer Crashed

    Quote Originally Posted by joey6 View Post
    Its not happened before, or since, but I think it could be overheating, I had been on it all day with coursework and the like, it is a laptop so the fan is blocked by the desk top i suppose... thanks for the help.
    Carefully hoover the air vents on the bottom to get the dust out. If it persists like mine did, get a laptop cooling fan such as this one :- http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/sto...&category_oid=

    It done the trick for me and my laptop hasnt cut out since

    Also for a RAM upgrade, you could try http://www.crucial.com/uk/index.aspx?click=true


  10. #10
    Amateur
    Join Date
    4th December 2006
    Location
    Nr Featherstone, Yorkshire
    Posts
    316

    Default Re: Computer Crashed

    Quote Originally Posted by baker.simon View Post
    Carefully hoover the air vents on the bottom to get the dust out. If it persists like mine did, get a laptop cooling fan such as this one :- http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/sto...&category_oid=

    It done the trick for me and my laptop hasnt cut out since

    Also for a RAM upgrade, you could try http://www.crucial.com/uk/index.aspx?click=true

    Thank you, much appreciated.

  11. #11
    Third Team
    Join Date
    1st September 2006
    Posts
    6,218

    Default Re: Computer Crashed

    As well as some more ram I think you should also consider a new processor.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts