The FM 2010 Graphics & Skin Installation Guide

radestock

****As of 6 July 2010 the new forum software has been implemented. Currently it refuses to link directly to specific posts on their own and will only show posts within a thread. This means the guide, whilst still working, links to random threads and random places within an entire thread. Looks daft but hopefully it'll get sorted****

Welcome to the Skinning Hideout's graphics installation helper. This thread will ask you a series of questions and then point you in the direction of a guide you need to follow to install graphics in your FM 2010 game. This should hopefully minimise any problems people are having with installing skins, logos, kits and other graphics in FM 2010. For each question, click on the option that fits what you're wanting to add. A new window will open, then follow the instructions. Keep going until the guide says you're done!:

Do you want to add something you've downloaded or do you wish to add something you've created yourself?

Something I've Downloaded

Something I've created myself

I've got graphics from previous Football Manager versions that I want to transfer

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is currently a BETA release so my have a few problems but should be 100% functional. Any omissions or comments please leave below.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have followed the instructions but I still can't load a skin. I have put and unzipped it into FM2010/ skin folder, file path: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\skins\el torero dark_30_10

I have gone into the game and ensured that skin cache is unticked and reload on confirm is ticked. Then selected confirm. The pop-up box appears confirming updating skin info. After it finishes updating, in the dropdown skin menu all that are available are the two default 2010 skins. I have even tried fully coming out of the game and restarting but to no avail.

The skin itself has the folder el torero dark_30_10 and within this is a sub folder entitled el torero dark and within this all the other folders including the xml file. I'm at a loss to be honest. I have downloaded other 2010 skins and I'm having the same problem, so it's not the skin, but something I'm not doing. If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great. Thanks in advance.

You need to take the skins out of the el torero dark_30_10 folder and have the el torero dark folder directly within the skins folder, so it looks like: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\skins\el torero dark.

Great stuff Michael, this has worked now. Thanks for taking the time to help, it's greatly appreciated. :)

What order are graphics picked up? Downloads then originals or the other way round?

For example if I want to use faces originally installed from disc but then install a face megapack in the relevant folder, how do I ensure I still use the original faces but the megapack fills the gaps or can I not?

What you download take priority over the graphics that are included with the game.

I csant get anything to work. I have a whole bunch of downloaded graphcis that worked in 09. I have follwoed teh instructions ot the letter, including teh ticking of boxes and unticking in preferences yet nothing!

Hi,

I asked this in the OTF FM thread but no luck, so I came to the experts:

"<record from="FILE_NAME" to="graphics/pictures/person/UNIQUE_ID/portrait"/>"

That's the line for a normal player pic in the config file. However with the FM10 editor and new players the Unique_ID won't always be the same.

Apparently there is a way to match the person using his first name+surname+dob. But I havn't figured out the combination yet. Anyone know what it is?

Thanks.

I downloaded a logo and competition logo megapack for FM2010. Some of the logos are old and or are missing. Also in General Info in your squad where it says Nationality the flags of the players nation have gone to the logo of there individual football associations. Such as English players flags are the Three Lions. Isit possible for me to deleate these and the origional logos will still be there? Thanks.

Hi,

I asked this in the OTF FM thread but no luck, so I came to the experts:

"<record from="FILE_NAME" to="graphics/pictures/person/UNIQUE_ID/portrait"/>"

That's the line for a normal player pic in the config file. However with the FM10 editor and new players the Unique_ID won't always be the same.

Apparently there is a way to match the person using his first name+surname+dob. But I havn't figured out the combination yet. Anyone know what it is?

Thanks.

Apparently this should work:

<record from="file_name" to="graphics/pictures/person/manager_name{space}manager_surname{space}dd-mm[birthday-birthmonth (year not necessary)]/portrait"/>

e.g. for John Smith with dob 15th November:

<record from="file_name" to="graphics/pictures/person/john smith 15-11/portrait"/>

The easiest way is to create a config file with the revelant entries for logo you don't want to show and have the config file in a folder on it's own without any images - this will then cause the default image to display rather than the licensed image.

1. How To Create A Config File

Alternatively download a logo pack that has a Liga BBVA you like it in.

• 2 weeks later...

i have recently downloaded some stadium backgrounds to the folder C:\Users\user\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\Graphics

i created a folder called "backgrounds" and put them in their, i have the correct options ticked and unticked in the game, but i cant seem to get them loaded. have i got the link right in the game, above the "user data" which is the same as above?

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently this should work:

<record from="file_name" to="graphics/pictures/person/manager_name{space}manager_surname{space}dd-mm[birthday-birthmonth (year not necessary)]/portrait"/>

e.g. for John Smith with dob 15th November:

<record from="file_name" to="graphics/pictures/person/john smith 15-11/portrait"/>

Thank you very much! This works a treat, and will be very useful when adding pictures from files created in the editor. Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...
I'm afraid I may be acting thicker than the offspring of a tv weather girl and a village idiot, but where should I be looking and what should I be doing to find out how to add a photo of myself to be on my manager profile?

I second this! mine was working but when I downloaded the mega pack my manager photo has disapeared - any suggestions?

cheers:cool:

Hi all, not sure if this is the best place for my query, but here goes anyway.

I applied Superbladesman's file for English to lv 11 league, then used the ingame editor to change a lv 11 team and stadium to names of my choice. And then created a new game.

However every other 'badge' in the West Yorkshire Premier League is Blue with a white trim. Whereas by default my badge colour and trim are both black, therefore I can see hardly anything on my menu screen (the text is defaulted to very faint silver). (All other teams have the same text colour as the trim)

Any ideas how I can lob a different badge on (without a restart), anything will do as long as it then makes the menu text visible.

the whole skin changing thing is making me feel rly stupid. by now ive spent hours decyphering the forums and guidelines to change the default skin, followed the steps..i've tried just about any location to save skins, ticked and unticked the boxes, still only the 2 default skins drop down from the menu. any help/suggestions would be highly appreciated

Hi,

Just a quick question i have downloaded many facepack, logo's ect and put them into my doc's/si/graphics folders as instructed. I have now downloaded a skin do i have to move them all out of the orginal graphics folder and put them into the Skins graphic folder or will the game still pick them up from where i put them in the first place.

Thanks in advance.

Stu

Hi,

Just a quick question i have downloaded many facepack, logo's ect and put them into my doc's/si/graphics folders as instructed. I have now downloaded a skin do i have to move them all out of the orginal graphics folder and put them into the Skins graphic folder or will the game still pick them up from where i put them in the first place.

Thanks in advance.

Stu

It'll pick them up for any skin.

I second this! mine was working but when I downloaded the mega pack my manager photo has disapeared - any suggestions?

cheers:cool:

Yeah I have the same problem, anyone have the answer to this???

Cheers,

Mick

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
new to this and i dont have a clue how to apply a skin dont no how to get a facepack,logos ect. so a step by step guide would be much appriciated thanks.

You've read the first post within this thread? If that's not a step-by-step-guide what else is it then? ;)

• 2 weeks later...

help? I've downloaded a facepack and its in my folder 'downloads' in my documents. I've extracted using 7Zip but it doesnt create a folder it just all comes out into the downloads folder. I've tried moving to the 'graphics' section of Football Manager 2010 but it doesn't load in my game. I've followed all the steps in the above guide.

If your faces are all named after their respective IDs, it'll be very easy for you. Here's a little How To:

1.) Move all player pictures into a new folder, you can rename that folder to whatever you want. Let's say it is called mypics.

2.) Now move this folder to this place:

*UDF*\graphics\players

UDF stands for User Data Folder, check out the link, to get its position. So it looks like this:

*UDF*\graphics\players\mypics

and within there are your pictures.

3.) We're not done yet. Now use fmxml or any other tool:

FMxml Download Link

FMGraphics Configurator Download Link

FMS XML Konfigurator by k750i Download Link

Well, I prefer fmxml as it is very useful for faces. Open fmxml, check the little box All filenames are IDs down below as seen on this picture:

http://www.pic-upload.de/view-3692104/fmxml2.png.html

Click on Browse and go to your mypics-folder. Once the right path stands right next to the Browse-button, click GO!. Close fmxml.

4.) One final step is missing. Skin Cache on/off... Follow the instructions of the final step of radestocks excellent guide

http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=2301157&postcount=21

Have you followed the steps from the opening post of this thread? If yes, where's the problem? Can you describe step per step what you've done?

Lets say for example: Where are your facepacks from and where did you've extracted them at your computer?

i downloaded the facepacks and metallic logos into my graphics folder but it doesnt give me the option to extract files so i unzipped them but still nothing i also put my new skin in this folder and nothing changed there either. i also downloaded the file helper and still nothing im at a loss here. if anyone would be kind enough to walk me through the process id appreciate it so much. thankyou.

Archived