+ Reply to Thread

Thread: An Internal system error occurred. Please refer to the DXError.log and DirectX.log in

Banned

Default An Internal system error occurred. Please refer to the DXError.log and DirectX.log in

I thought I would post this as I have been having trouble installing the latest version of DirectX on my windows Vista machine.

Anyway, this is the solution if you are having the same problem.

Download this first off.
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...1-442d8712d553

before you install that though, run regedit and create the following.

http://img94.imageshack.us/i/fig4directxregedit.jpg/

Hope that helps anyways it worked for me and I have spent hours figuring it out!

The first link is for the updated directx from the Microsoft website, apparently there is a problem on the installer on some machines hence the following 'fix'

Basically you need to go to Regedit - HKEY LOCAL MACHINE - SOFTWARE - MICROSOFT - DIRECTX

You then need to right click the right hand side window and add the two string values and the binary value as the screenshot.

Basically it worked for me, please do not blame me if you screw up your machine
    Last edited by SGartz; 14-10-2009 at 23:11.

Default Re: An Internal system error occurred. Please refer to the DXError.log and DirectX.lo

Firstly people should be very careful before editing the registry. Secondly, that isn't particularly clear for a number of reasons, mainly it doesn't explain what to create or where (is it a current user key, local machine key, etc). Unless I'm missing something that is.

Reserves

Default Re: An Internal system error occurred. Please refer to the DXError.log and DirectX.lo

Agreed with the above.

Thanks for posting but can you go into a bit more detail of where and how to create those items in the registry.

I will also second GillsMan's warning about editing the registry. You should only think about doing it if you know what you're doing.

Semi Pro
    1 year, 2 trophies. 3 more in 4 years - what dya reckon?

I had to be online to stop his happening, then it was OK.

Amateur

I'm having this exact problem, but like the others I'm iffy about messing with the registry.

Amateur

So does anyone know how to solve this issue?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GillsMan View Post
    Firstly people should be very careful before editing the registry. Secondly, that isn't particularly clear for a number of reasons, mainly it doesn't explain what to create or where (is it a current user key, local machine key, etc). Unless I'm missing something that is.
    Sorry I was planning to add more detail.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bean824 View Post
    I'm having this exact problem, but like the others I'm iffy about messing with the registry.
    It worked for me. You can back your reg up if you do not want to mess around with it?

+ Reply to Thread