Tree Menu

There are also extra benefits this year from installing via STEAM. One of these will be a STEAM exclusive skin, which is an updated version of the FM09 skin (including tree menu) which will be available a few weeks after launch.

From the Installation and DRM sticky - posted by Miles.

There already has been an official word.

If you don't use STEAM, you won't be able to use that skin.

If you do, you will get the skin with the tree menu.

So I buy the game from the shop and activate it through steam, will that work?

Or is it only availible for people who download it straight from steam?

• SI Staff

To be fair to Robbie S he's not seen what the skin is going to be like as it's not finished yet

And to clarify it will look like the default skin in Football Manager 2009 but updated in places to support the new screens in FM 2010. Things like the Calendar bar are not included on it.

• SI Staff
Can skinners get rid of things like calendar bar too? Don't mean to be offensive or negative but i just dont like the tabs and the calendar bar thing + hope someone makes a skin that is like 09

Yeah, they certainly can.

I didn't like the tree being removed at first but navigation is so much easier and quicker than the past. It'll take about 1/2 hours to get used to it.

I've got a good 3-4 hours of play time in tonight, and I'm still not fully used to it.

I will admit that I can slowly feel myself adjusting to it though. Within a week or two it'll be hard to go back to the old style.

Archived