The Official Football Manager 2010 DEMO FEEDBACK Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know if this is the correct place to ask or not............

But I have downloaded and am installing the Vanilla demo, I want to play that because the Strawberry one says about 3 hours to download. I am going to download the strawberry one though and play that when it is done. Having 2 demo's on the PC wont conflict or affect anything will it?

I've downloaded it to my hard drive, but when I try to install it, Windows ask what application I want to use to open it, as it doesnt see it as an application?

The file is called "Setup_FM2010_Vanilla_Demo", and I downloaded it from the dailly Morror site - PC download link.

Thanks

But I have downloaded and am installing the Vanilla demo, I want to play that because the Strawberry one says about 3 hours to download. I am going to download the strawberry one though and play that when it is done. Having 2 demo's on the PC wont conflict or affect anything will it?

Nope. You can install the strawberry over the top of vanilla once you get it

It's always good to clear the cache if doing that though! :)

Just to be safe uninstall the Vanilla demo before installing the Strawberry one. Make sure you copy your saved games before you do this though if you want to keep them.

I've downloaded it to my hard drive, but when I try to install it, Windows ask what application I want to use to open it, as it doesnt see it as an application?

And the rest of the information requested?

I can't help you unless I know what you've downloaded.

I kept thinking to myself, England match today.. seen a few sneaky comments on the forums about "wait and see", demo announced for tomorrow, I had a gut feeling it would be out for 5pm and it has! Which sucks for me as I'm at work and by the time I start Steam up it'll probably be crawling. :(

• SI Staff

Should be OK but remember to turn off Use Skin Cache in the Preferences or it won't pick up the images

• SI Staff
Hi, I know this is a stupid question, but is it so that since I have a Mac, I won't be able to download the strawberry demo anywhere since steam doesn't work in a Mac?

You should be able to get it via the Torrent file when it becomes available :)

is the other demo version coming out in midnight ? please answer?

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by this, but if you mean direct download links, then yes, we're just waiting for some other partners to upload and confirm and we'll be updating the sticky thread at the top as and when more links become available.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by this, but if you mean direct download links, then yes, we're just waiting for some other partners to upload and confirm and we'll be updating the sticky thread at the top as and when more links become available.

Just in time for me getting in from work :D

Archived