+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: The Official Football Manager 2010 DEMO FEEDBACK Thread

Amateur

Default Re: The Official Football Manager 2010 DEMO FEEDBACK Thread

Man city seem VERY persistent on my bidding for my players. Lescott type persistance. A bid every 2 days for lucas.

Youth Team

i have been unavailable to load FM2010 demo via steam after downloading it, error code 80 apparently. any ideas please?

Quote Originally Posted by Super Bladesman View Post
    I think the Italian season starts later than the English one, so your players were probably in much better condition than theirs - they wouldn't have had so much pre-season training.

I've often found this in previous FMs to be the case also.

Good point. Reminds me of when we beat Roma 5-0 and and everyone at the Lane got dizzy on the high. What happened next?

2 points. 8 games.

Youth Team

nevermind - i updated steam and it's loaded now....

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Broadsword View Post
    Well that looks like my evenings filled come Oct 30th. Planet Rock on the radio, FM2010 on the laptop and phone off the hook! Looks like Xmas may have to be cancelled this year.
    Haha! The game sure looks great.

Amateur

Thumbs up Re: The Official Football Manager 2010 DEMO FEEDBACK Thread

Hi SI Guys,

I know people have a much greater tendendy to post negatives/bugs/errors/etc, so wanted to take the time to say a huge thank-you! Downlaoded the game via steam, no problems, and super fast, installed it with no problems, loaded it up with no problems, haven't spotted any bugs (yet!), haven't had it crash, can't find anything to moan about, and am really really impressed. It's fair to say the next few months of my life are now spoken for, so thank you for all your hard work and efforts - i have a sneaking feeling that FM2010 is going to go down as a classic....

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Cysne View Post
    Man city seem VERY persistent on my bidding for my players. Lescott type persistance. A bid every 2 days for lucas.
    kinda begs the question why haven't you sold him yet.... it's LUCAS

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by playmaker View Post
    I really think you have missed the point here (sorry if that sounds rude - it's not meant to be!)

- The tactics creator allows you to talk football rather than sliders, which is surely better.
    - The small changes are made within the context of your overall framework, hence you get the desired result straight from brain to game without having to translate, or mis-translate.
    - Because of the two points above and the fact that major changes can be made within seconds you actually GAIN control, rather than lose it. If you see something wrong on the pitch you can change it almost as fast as you can think it, which means you will be able to react to situations on the fly, rather than being stuck to your preset tactics.
    I'm not going to argue against that, but evenso, in the end, there are still the ME's same mechanics lying underneath. It's no different from any game, in the end, FM is an abstraction of what football really is, but when it really comes down to the mechanics themselves, it's still a workaround rather than an explanation. I'm sure you can do a great deal with the new settings, but there's no way you can further tweak this to your heart's content if you don't understand the game on its most basic level - the exact effect of sliders and tickboxes underneath respectively, which still are the most immediate connection between you and the match engine. It never had to be this vague, and this video demonstrates this nicely.

The tactics creator is talking between you and the ME in a higher level language as the sliders did before - whereas the sliders are supposed to connect immediately with what's happening on the pitch, he're you're giving instructions that are less abstract and thus easier to understand, but they're also less immediate and less refined at the same time. And either way, they don't explain the most basic of mechanics in the ME, thus I call this a workaround. Ideally, you should be able to define player roles yourself, rather than picking them from a list of pre-defined settings - or trial&erroring your way through a bunch of never really fully explained slider effects that might be connected to each other in ways the manual doesn't cover. That is all, really.
    Last edited by Svenc; 15-10-2009 at 12:03.

Sports Interactive David Crammond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yoav17 View Post
    BUG:
    when I get Physio report and press "view injury table", I am directed to "latest scores".
    That bug has been fixed in the first patch

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Eles Gergo View Post
    So here I go:

- the speed looks way better so far the previous versions, (will see at the full release when i load up 20 + leagues with my amd sempron 3000+ running 2.0ghz, 1GB ddr ram, if it's still performing on this same ratio then i say a wonderful job SI )
    miracle work more like. You simply can't expect that setup to run 20+ leagues at any decent speed...

Banned

I agreed a deal to sign a 32 yr old player with no announced intention of retiring, but my board cancelled it due to our not requiring another assistant manager- I was signing him as a player not an assistant. I remember this in FM09, i'm really surprised its still in the new one tbh.

Amateur

it's great to see lot of changes in FM 2010...
    so far...it's great...

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Jason24 View Post
    I agreed a deal to sign a 32 yr old player with no announced intention of retiring, but my board cancelled it due to our not requiring another assistant manager- I was signing him as a player not an assistant. I remember this in FM09, i'm really surprised its still in the new one tbh.
    But did you offer him a player/assistant manager contract?

You have done without realising as that was what he was asking for?

Ex-SI
    Every man dies, not every man really lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinocerous View Post
    HOLY MOTHER OF GOD THIS GAME LOOKS BRILLIANT. AHHHHHHHHH. SO MUCH AWESOME I CAN'T CONTAIN MY EXCITEMENT. WOOOOOHOOOOO.

I can't wait for the rippling nets in the Mac version. Everything looks so so so much better than FM09, and I loved that. This is just awesome. The UI is pretty confusing atm but it's simply a matter of getting used to it.

One question. When viewing a player's report card after he's scouted, FM09 had an option to examine the report card at the various positions he can play at. I don't seem to be able to do that on FM10? Am I just missing it or was it removed?
    The different positions for reports is still there, top right of the screen next to which coach you want to give the report

Amateur

Aplogies if any of this has been said, but a few points on the layout. Generally its good and I'll get used to it - it still 'feels' like FM. (not sure how they do that, guess its like a favourite restaurant moving everything and redecorating but somehow keeping it how you like it).

Anyway, two things - firstly, in a player's profile, the 'personal', 'contract', and 'transfer' screens have way too much white space. We learn in school to fill space up like that.

Secondly - on the 'comparison' screen, how small is the overview graph!? If two players are very similar (admittedly you would use more indepth methods of comparison in this instance) then the lines are indistinguishable.

There also seems to be a lot more clicks, I have to say, especially in a match screen. To access say 'player ratings', seems a lot more faff, with smaller buttons to go for. If you're using a track pad I'm not sure this works.

Imagine I'll get used to it, but just a few thoughts.

On the other hand, the ME is incomparible, even at this early stage. Just hope my laptop has enough power to run the full version properly.

Part-Timer

It's great. SI and the testers have all done an excellent job so far

It's just so polished and filled with neat little touches and additions. Thank you all. A very sincere thank you

However, there must always be a "but" , so.....
    I can't seem to get my FM09 graphics to work on this one? I cut and pasted the graphics folder from 09 to MyDocuments/Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010 Demo and restarted the game. None of them show up in-game. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong? Cheers

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by balaban View Post

It's just so polished and filled with neat little touches and additions. Thank you all. A very sincere thank you

I can't seem to get my FM09 graphics to work on this one? I cut and pasted the graphics folder from 09 to MyDocuments/Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010 Demo and restarted the game. None of them show up in-game. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong? Cheers
    I mite be wrong but just try putting graphics folder in sportsinteractive folder not fm10 demo 1 if you get me

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Svenc View Post
    I'm not going to argue against that, but evenso, in the end, there are still the ME's same mechanics lying underneath. It's no different from any game, in the end, FM is an abstraction of what football really is, but when it really comes down to the mechanics themselves, it's still a workaround rather than an explanation. I'm sure you can do a great deal with the new settings, but there's no way you can further tweak this to your heart's content if you don't understand the game on its most basic level - the exact effect of sliders and tickboxes underneath respectively, which still are the most immediate connection between you and the match engine. It never had to be this vague, and this video demonstrates this nicely.

The tactics creator is talking between you and the ME in a higher level language as the sliders did before - whereas the sliders are supposed to connect immediately with what's happening on the pitch, he're you're giving instructions that are less abstract and thus easier to understand, but they're also less immediate and less refined at the same time. And either way, they don't explain the most basic of mechanics in the ME, thus I call this a workaround. Ideally, you should be able to define player roles yourself, rather than picking them from a list of pre-defined settings - or trial&erroring your way through a bunch of never really fully explained slider effects that might be connected to each other in ways the manual doesn't cover. That is all, really.

Agree with the above - but I would like the option to have the sliders available. I don't want generic settings. As much as possible I will still be tweaking away and defining my team through each player's mentality. I do think that the 'basic' option should have used the list of options and the 'advanced' should have allowed access to the team mentality sliders etc. Hope the subtlty of tactical options you could create in 09 is still there, but only experiments will tell.

Amateur

Have you checked the settings for "skin cache" and "always reload skin"?

Amateur

Hi, I cannot seem to import my old tactics from FM 09. Is it meant to be like that?

Moderator and Technical Support

Quote Originally Posted by deFt[7]* View Post
    Hi, I cannot seem to import my old tactics from FM 09. Is it meant to be like that?
    Yes due to the changes with the tactics creator and ME, they are not compatibl.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by deFt[7]* View Post
    Yes.
    In the full version this will be possible (if I recall correctly from the Blogs)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by David Crammond View Post
    That bug has been fixed in the first patch
    Nice to know that as I was experiencing the same thing

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by humanriff View Post
    Agree with the above - but I would like the option to have the sliders available. I don't want generic settings. As much as possible I will still be tweaking away and defining my team through each player's mentality.
    The problem isn't the sliders - Pro Evoluion 2010 isn't doing them in notches of 20, no, in 99! It's that they're being explained in such vague terms that even some of the most ardent of fans are talking about them as if they believed them to do this an that, and every once in a while there are whisperings about a word from the officials that tickbox x is supposed to override this and that but only in certain situations of play but please don't tell anyone.
    Last edited by Svenc; 15-10-2009 at 12:16.

First Team Squad Member

I didn't get an answer in the Data Issues thread so I guess I should ask here. Are the non-playable squads in the vanilla demo the same as they are going to be in the final version? Because the Cray squad has only 2 players in it, both of them loanees at Erith.

Banned

My Ass man just sympathised with an opposing player who had a bad game, saying he didnt like to see someone struggle, but the response is that the player is unhappy about the negative words!

That doesn't even make sense!

Amateur

Big fan of the custom views on the player roster screens. The 3D action is smooth as silk (not bragging) on my laptop (4.5 stars). I had another ball off the woodwork in my second match. That makes 4 in two games. Not a huge concern for me just like it was not in 09. I really like that when a ball is struck with venom, that it sure does look like it! Already 5 guys hurt in 2 weeks. Hoping it isn't the INJURY BUG from 09 again. The tactics creator is pretty cool and seems like a step back to the good old days for me. Jury still out on the press conferences. Unless the programmers are putting in thousands upon thousands of questions that can be built upon from press conference to press conference, I'm not sure if this is a module that I'm going to get a whole lot out of, though sitting with your new signings is pretty cool. I tend to sign lots of players so that might get old fast. Backroom advice also seems cool, if it works properly, but obviously only time will tell with that. I was on the fence with buying this version (first time ever for that), but I liked what I saw enough to pre-order it. And that's without even getting a taste of the editor, which could be one of the biggest aspects of the game, provided it isn't too cumbersome to navigate through.

Amateur

Thanks for the prompt replies.

Quote Originally Posted by I\'m Brian (and so is my wife!) View Post
    Yes.
    In the full version this will be possible (if I recall correctly from the Blogs)
    In the day 7 blog, "Before I get bombarded with questions on our forums (community.sigames.com) like "will my old tactics still work?" and "what if I want to use the old system?" the answer to both questions is yes. You can also share your tactics created with the new tactics creator too."

So that means in the full version I can import my FM 09 tactics?? Or is FrazT right?

Quote Originally Posted by FrazT View Post
    Yes due to the changes with the tactics creator and ME, they are not compatibl.
    Anyways, I love the new 3D match engine, Massive improvement in graphics from FM 09! woo!

Quote Originally Posted by wandsfan93 View Post
    I didn't get an answer in the Data Issues thread so I guess I should ask here. Are the non-playable squads in the vanilla demo the same as they are going to be in the final version? Because the Cray squad has only 2 players in it, both of them loanees at Erith.
    The data will be the same unless correct information is given in the Data forum before the first patch is released.

Ref Tactics from 09- info given by the SI staff last night did say that the 09 tactics were not compatible so now I am confused Personally I cannot see how they can be given the changes but.......

Amateur

Ref Tactics from 09- info given by the SI staff last night did say that the 09 tactics were not compatible so now I am confused Personally I cannot see how they can be given the changes but.......
    Well, now you got me confused as well

I thought that 09 tactics weren't compatible with the demo but would be compatible with the full version of 10 (as Miles explained in the blog).

First Team Squad Member

The data will be the same unless correct information is given in the Data forum before the first patch is released.
    SO I'm basically going to have to post almost exactly what I said in the FM09 Data Issues forum. That's quite annoying.

Part-Timer

Does anyone know when the data is being locked for fm10 ???

Part-Timer

By the way, the engine itself indeed flows nicely, a far cry from when the demo of FM09 was released. For some reason the texture of the pitch itself looked a bit better in FM09, didn't it? I downloaded the vanilla demo, and there only seems to be one style of pitch available anyway, a rather plain greenish one, which leads me to believe there is something more cut than player pictures, logos, leagues and the like.

Youth Team
    Some idiots are desperate to take offence; they're the reason why mediocrity and banality rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Forbsie View Post
    Does anyone know when the data is being locked for fm10 ???
    A couple of weeks ago I think.

Amateur

Maybe I was too tired last night at 3 in the morning but I couldn't find the player ratings screen anywhere after my first match?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by TopToffee View Post
    kinda begs the question why haven't you sold him yet.... it's LUCAS
    Lucas is an underated player. So far he's on a average of 7.25. I'm on the 30th of november.

80% pass completion
    5 Goals
    10 Assists. He's a good little player.

Just another little note, it does seem pretty easy in parts. I'm smashing teams 5-0 week in week out as liverpool. Only signed RVN (Scored 8 goals in 20 games ) and i've scored 34 goals in 14 games in the league.. Seems abit easy, if that's the right words. Or, the tactics are fantastic.

Gerrard has scored 21 goals in 21 games, too.

(General comments that aren't really useful :P)

Sports Interactive Simon Tipple's Avatar

No you're using a quick start which won't have all of the players in the game loaded. You'll be able to load the Cray squad with the full game.

Amateur

preferences__display settings____untick use skin cahe_____tick reload skin on confirm

Banned

Does anyone else's 3D screen go jerky when you're waiting for a new tactical instruction to be implemented? It might just be my old computer, but it's absolutely fine at all other times.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by HarryMills View Post
    Does anyone else's 3D screen go jerky when you're waiting for a new tactical instruction to be implemented? It might just be my old computer, but it's absolutely fine at all other times.
    I have a top-end machine and this happens to me.

Third Team

Alright everythings done! What team shall I go?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mike7077 View Post
    I have a top-end machine and this happens to me.
    Good to know that it's not just me, if it's not my computer, how did it ever get through the rigorous testing? hope it'll be sorted out.

Reserves

Have you guys got the latest drivers for your graphics cards installed?

Part-timer
    Currently languishing in the lower leagues with Leigh (oooh alliteration)

Release of the demo as always has led to me wandering back over here to see what the crack is on the forums. Have to say the feedback is more positive than last year which can only be a good thing.

I'm very much liking the new GUI, I usually take a while to get used to these kind of navigational changes but I'm finding it more intuitive than the previous setup. Not ventured too far into the game yet but have to say I'm very impressed, particularly with the heightened role that staff members seem to have been given, feels like I'm actually part of the club now.

I'm off to get stuck in as Peterborough. Wonder when the patch is out.......joking of course!

Amateur

After having a quick play around with the demo, would it possible to include dribbles or runs past an opponent in the match analysis tool? either in a patch or FM11. You've got everything else in there

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by ladies love cool james View Post
    After having a quick play around with the demo, would it possible to include dribbles or runs past an opponent in the match analysis tool? either in a patch or FM11. You've got everything else in there
    Despite your ridiculous name (), that is a pretty good call.

Amateur

Hi,

I'm playing on a Macbook 13'' running 10.5 and I have always played the game in windowed mode. Installed the demo no problem yesterday and switched the display to windowed in preferences but the window that the game displays in is too deep by about 50 pixels or so.

As I can't see the bottom of the screen I can't see if I can reduce the size of the window down manually but the main problem is which with the window being too large I'm missing some of the buttons off the bottom of the screen. I've tried changing the resolution of the screen to see if that helps but it didn't work.

I know I'm in a small minority playing the game on a Mac but any help solving this problem would be appreciated.

Amateur

WOW, TOTALLY BRILLIANT, WELL DONE SI :-)
    I have been playing the series for years and my game experience goes way back to the first championship manager game many many years back, it seems that every year you guys make a true master piece that we all must wonder, how on earth can they beat that next year!!!! BUT YOU HAVE YET AGAIN PRODUCED A MASTERPIECE, i am hooked, it is the best version by far and you all deserve a huge pat on the back.
    MY ONLY PROBLEM IS THE FINANCES FOR EVERTON, ONLY £4M TO SPEND, I KNOW WE HAVE MORE THAN THAT LADS. Apart from that, i cant fault the game atall, well done all involved, heres to release day :-)

Amateur

oh great...i was hoping that the demo would be released on the weekend so i can successfully cram for my uni exam tomorrow ;). But it it'll looks like i'll be taking a fail, so i can bask in the glory that is FM10......priorities right?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by longyt View Post
    oh great...i was hoping that the demo would be released on the weekend so i can successfully cram for my uni exam tomorrow ;). But it it'll looks like i'll be taking a fail, so i can bask in the glory that is FM10......priorities right?
    you got your priorities correct, GAME ON

Amateur

Has the screen gone where you see how both sides are perfoming minute by minute

Third Team

WOW SI the UI is great but its getting some used to especially the white skin

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Tipple View Post
    No you're using a quick start which won't have all of the players in the game loaded. You'll be able to load the Cray squad with the full game.
    WHAT!?!?!? Damnit FrazT, I've just spent the last 20 minutes trying to get a list together in the Data Issues forum and now I don't even know if you need it. Still, it's there is you do, and besides unless you've either nicked CM's info or got in touch with the league/club, I'm not sure how reliable it'll be as there's no-one actually in charge of researching Cray, and I don't know if Laskowski, who's the only researcher I know of in the Ryman League, has seen them until this week when Boreham Wod played us.

Sports Interactive
    Mac Support

Quote Originally Posted by Pedraza58 View Post
    Hi,

I'm playing on a Macbook 13'' running 10.5 and I have always played the game in windowed mode. Installed the demo no problem yesterday and switched the display to windowed in preferences but the window that the game displays in is too deep by about 50 pixels or so.

As I can't see the bottom of the screen I can't see if I can reduce the size of the window down manually but the main problem is which with the window being too large I'm missing some of the buttons off the bottom of the screen. I've tried changing the resolution of the screen to see if that helps but it didn't work.

I know I'm in a small minority playing the game on a Mac but any help solving this problem would be appreciated.
    It might be worth adjusting your dock settings so that it isn't using auto-hide, open the game in full screen and then switch to windowed. Hopefully that should make the window the right size to be adjusted and you can then switch your dock settings back

Amateur

please help!!

my steam has downloaded 99% but won't download anymore!!!

i've re-started both steam and the entire pc!!

i am desperate to play this demo!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by HarryMills View Post
    Good to know that it's not just me, if it's not my computer, how did it ever get through the rigorous testing? hope it'll be sorted out.
    Happens to me too, but not overly concern about it.
    Everything else is very well done, and I even got the AI to negotiate and offer something less than their initial reply!
    Good work SI!

Amateur

I'm not sure if this is a bug and if it has been mentioned before.

On the half time team talks when it is 'none' and you 'ask assistant' the players HT rating disappears.

Anyone else noticed this? If not can someone give it a go and see if the same happens.

Part-Timer

Only thing (besides that the game crashes and quits in my Mac for no reason during the game even though I have five stars in the graphics system, the dark skin is very smplistic and quasi infantile, and that the ball in 3D spmetimes disappears), I've had two goals against where the striker takes the ball away from the keeper on my Villarreal save. I've not seen this happen two times even during my time as a Villarreal fan (20 years); let alone with a keeper like Diego Lopez.

Amateur

TheUsualSuspect9 - this is an issue we are aware of and are looking into, cheers.

Sports Interactive David Crammond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheUsualSuspect9 View Post
    I'm not sure if this is a bug and if it has been mentioned before.

On the half time team talks when it is 'none' and you 'ask assistant' the players HT rating disappears.

Anyone else noticed this? If not can someone give it a go and see if the same happens.
    Yea we know about this bug, we're working on it for the patch, good spot!

First Team Squad Member

Anyone else notice the bigger teams buying more younger players than on FM09, is it possible that the AI are looking towards the future more than previous games?

Third Team
    Pro-consumer, anti-DRM. Never be satisfied with any answer. Dig until you drop.

Could we have the dark skin as default or at least as a default option on the full game, not just on Steam?

It hurts my eyes, the white skin (I've documented my thoughts before on it).

First Team Squad Member

Probably, but it'll be completely unrealistic if
    a. It's a team such as Chelsea or AC Milan buying them, they only get ready made players at their peaks.
    b. Liverpool buy a youngster and then actually start playing him in games.

@AcidBurn.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Svenc View Post
    The thing is there isn't really anything wrong with the ME mechanics and how they work. It plays a realistic game of football for the most part. The only problem was applying user logic to those mechanics, which has now been achieved by the overlay of a tactics creator. I don't think it really requires any extra thought than that, it is what it is and it works well

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Wajas View Post
    TheUsualSuspect9 - this is an issue we are aware of and are looking into, cheers.
    Ok cheers buddy.

Just want to say a big to everyone at SI. You really have listened to the fans this time and executed everything brilliantly.

The tactic creator particually impressed me, works wonders and is really easy to use.

The new skin is smart, I prefer the dark one as it adds a kind of shadowed effect. Only thing I'd mention on this would be there a couple of pages that look slightly bland, but still, a nice finish.

The updated graphics in 3D look great, if only I had the system to fully appreciate them.

Everyone involed in making and developing the game seems to have done a great job, once again, cheers guys. Big from me.

First Team Squad Member

WHAT!?!?!? Damnit FrazT, I've just spent the last 20 minutes trying to get a list together in the Data Issues forum and now I don't even know if you need it. Still, it's there is you do, and besides unless you've either nicked CM's info or got in touch with the league/club, I'm not sure how reliable it'll be as there's no-one actually in charge of researching Cray, and I don't know if Laskowski, who's the only researcher I know of in the Ryman League, has seen them until this week when Boreham Wod played us.
    wandsfan93 - to put your mind at rest, I've checked the beta for you, and the Cray squad is looking pretty much perfect judging by your notes in the data forum.

Trust in Laskowski. That guy is a non-League football nerd. There isn't anything about non-League he doesn't know.

What you should do, is try to get to some matches and get involved in researching. Then you can be sure the data will be spot on.

Regards,
    C.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by AcidBurn View Post
    Anyone else notice the bigger teams buying more younger players than on FM09, is it possible that the AI are looking towards the future more than previous games?
    Yes, this was covered in one of Miles' blogs. This reflects the current situation with the big clubs 'poaching' young talent and suchlike.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Antpocolypsenow View Post
    It might be worth adjusting your dock settings so that it isn't using auto-hide, open the game in full screen and then switch to windowed. Hopefully that should make the window the right size to be adjusted and you can then switch your dock settings back
    Hi,

I never use auto-hide on the dock. I always keep the dock visible. I started the game up first time obviously which was in full screen mode and preferences switched it to windowed mode. The window then re-sized to being too long for the screen and disappeared behind the dock. I'm running 1220 x 800 resolution if that helps.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cynet View Post
    Wow SI being one of your biggest critics on FM09 and how dissapointed i was, you have turned this game round to the standards i expected from you guys and boy have you delivered.

The whole game feels fresh and vibrante and the tactics system is mind blowing and the 3d match engine has been improved and the stadium is a neat touch.

Very user friendly and the assistant tool is a wicked asset and the list goes on and on.

You have converted me back and i salute you.

Kind Regards

A diehard fan
    They all come crawling back in the end

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by crouchaldinho View Post
    wandsfan93 - to put your mind at rest, I've checked the beta for you, and the Cray squad is looking pretty much perfect judging by your notes in the data forum.

Trust in Laskowski. That guy is a non-League football nerd. There isn't anything about non-League he doesn't know.

What you should do, is try to get to some matches and get involved in researching. Then you can be sure the data will be spot on.

Regards,
    C.
    Maybe for FM2012, for now I've got 5 A-Level subjects to concentrate on as well as having to go to my dad's a lot at weekends, preventing me from getting to a lot of games.

Amateur

First impressions.

Speed: Feels fast and responsive to clicks (of course just quick start), but Fm09 was almost unplayable due to slow speed FM2010 a lot lot better.
    Backroom: More rich in this department
    Tactics: I like the concept and the way it's easier to relate to real football
    Player search: Match X/Y is so useful
    Overview screen: This makes a massive difference to playability. So simple but a great addition.
    Editor: Can't wait to download more English leagues so I can play Truro City

Dislikes
    Match screens: Almost as if every part of the game was polished expect the matches.

*Switching screens is cumbersome
    *Too many pre-match screens
    *3D graphics terrible

All of those are FM09 problems and I hoped we'd see them polished out, this would have helped playing speed.

Overall very good, massively more playable than FM09. Not FM07 playable but much much closer in all respects. FM07 still the most accomplished package for me.
    Last edited by cornwallgunner; 15-10-2009 at 13:43.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by humanriff View Post
    Agree with the above - but I would like the option to have the sliders available. I don't want generic settings. As much as possible I will still be tweaking away and defining my team through each player's mentality. I do think that the 'basic' option should have used the list of options and the 'advanced' should have allowed access to the team mentality sliders etc. Hope the subtlty of tactical options you could create in 09 is still there, but only experiments will tell.
    Have you looked at the advanced options for the tactics? The only difference is that you can't setup your all of your overall team settings with a slider otherwise it's pretty much identical to FM09 (it is completely identical when you select advanced for individual player settings). The team sliders were pretty useless as most people override it using the individual settings.

Amateur

Hi,

I never use auto-hide on the dock. I always keep the dock visible. I started the game up first time obviously which was in full screen mode and preferences switched it to windowed mode. The window then re-sized to being too long for the screen and disappeared behind the dock. I'm running 1220 x 800 resolution if that helps.

Sorry! Resoultion is 1280 x 800

Amateur

Saw a patch was mentioned, so there will be a release day patch?

Quote Originally Posted by x42bn6 View Post
    Could we have the dark skin as default or at least as a default option on the full game, not just on Steam?

It hurts my eyes, the white skin (I've documented my thoughts before on it).
    You get the option to choose the light or the dark skin no matter where you buy the game (it's also included in the strawberry demo, but not in the vanilla one from what I understand)

The skin you get if you activate the game using steam will be based on the FM09 skin

Quote Originally Posted by ladies love cool james View Post
    Added for my internal wishlist for FM11

Amateur

I never download the demo so I can't comment on the game yet, but I've hardly read any critical comments about the game, and the few critical ones have mostly been about the new skin, which will inevitably take some getting used to. A complete contrast to all the games of the last few years, so it seems as though it's looking good.

Whets my appetite even more for the actual game to be released.

Sports Interactive
    Mac Support

Hi,

If you adjust your systems resolution you should be able to get it to a size where the window can be resized, then if you switch it back to 1220 x 800 it should be fine

You can also use the 'Option' or 'cmd' key whilst pressing the green button in the top left corner of the window

Failing that there are a few nifty 3rd party tools for resizing windows with the keyboard
    Last edited by Ant Farley; 15-10-2009 at 13:52.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by I\'m Brian (and so is my wife!) View Post
    Have you checked the settings for "skin cache" and "always reload skin"?
    Quote Originally Posted by depps View Post
    preferences__display settings____untick use skin cahe_____tick reload skin on confirm
    Thanks you two. That was exactly it

Quote Originally Posted by Mizta05 View Post
    Saw a patch was mentioned, so there will be a release day patch?
    SI have said that they will evaluate the feedback from the commumity and any bugs raised in the testing cycle but not yet fixed, before deciding on any patch release.

Amateur

Smile Re: The Official Football Manager 2010 DEMO FEEDBACK Thread

SI, FM 09 did not work all that well on my PC but FM 2010 works great. Thank you! Everything looks amazing. ME is the best of all time. you out did yourselves.

Amateur

Just played the demo for an hour and i must say it looks and feels fantastic so many good things you have done just amazing great job!.I'm definitely buying the game.I have one issue tho even with last years game the 3d match engine runs really laggy for me but the rest of the game is fine and quick.What would the problem be and how could i improve and stop the lagging because 3d looks even better.

This could be the best Football manager yet.

Amateur

I've noticed a few stupid little things which annoy me.

Two being that Liverpool's reputation is only continental while Chelsea's is worldwide. I know which is the bigger club and it's not Chelsea.

Also Giggs' reputation is only continental compared to someone like Vidic who's is worldwide.

Part-Timer

Okay still waiting on an answer

Scouting recommendations seems underrated.

Players with potentials to be as good as Gerrard and Carragher only given 3* out of 5 for PA.

Robinho only given 3* CA.

I know Liverpool are a big enough club that players would have to be really good to warrant big ratings but how can you get much better than Gerrard?

oh PS- love the game!!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Gudge View Post
    The different positions for reports is still there, top right of the screen next to which coach you want to give the report
    Cheers, will have another look for it when I get home.

Lurker

Hi

Started a game in the SPL with Kilmarnock. A couple of days in got a message saying that repayments on our loan have commenced at £2M per month? At this rate the club will be out of business in a month. Not sure yet if it is problem with the finance engine, data, or just an incorrect message. Will find out after a month I guess...

Is this a known issue?

Think the game is looking great though

Semi Pro

i'm really impressed with it so far after 3 friendlies. one screen i dont understand is the analysis screen after the match. its got these colored circles and check markes next to them giving stats like shots blocked, shot goal etc. is my screen bugged or am i supposed to be able to click those circles and they show things?

Amateur

Looks like a smashing game!

Amateur

Demo download also available at www.dailyrecord.co.uk/fm2010/download.
    Plus listen to their entertaining Football Manager podcast with a Scottish slant.

Sports Interactive
    Mac Support

Quote Originally Posted by Wasma View Post
    i'm really impressed with it so far after 3 friendlies. one screen i dont understand is the analysis screen after the match. its got these colored circles and check markes next to them giving stats like shots blocked, shot goal etc. is my screen bugged or am i supposed to be able to click those circles and they show things?
    You need to have a specific player and stat selected and it shows the selected stat for the selected player, for example if a player has taken 5 shots it will show where they were from and whether they were on target etc, clicking the arrows should show you the relevant highlight as well

Amateur

Wink Re: The Official Football Manager 2010 DEMO FEEDBACK Thread

If you adjust your systems resolution you should be able to get it to a size where the window can be resized, then if you switch it back to 1220 x 800 it should be fine

You can also use the 'Option' or 'cmd' key whilst pressing the green button in the top left corner of the window

Failing that there are a few nifty 3rd party tools for resizing windows with the keyboard

Thanks for your help!!! I'll give it a go tonight.

PS The game is top draw!!!!! Can't wait to buy the full version

Great work everyone at SI

Semi Pro

Thumbs up Re: The Official Football Manager 2010 DEMO FEEDBACK Thread

You need to have a specific player and stat selected and it shows the selected stat for the selected player, for example if a player has taken 5 shots it will show where they were from and whether they were on target etc, clicking the arrows should show you the relevant highlight as well
    ah got it now, very nifty feature

Amateur

Still 2 bloody hours till the game download is finished! What a travesty!

Sounds like you guys are having one hell of a time, bloody hell you don't know how envious i am of you guys...

Lurker

Sitting at work twiddling my thumbs...3 hours to go until i get to play. Time seems to be ticking ever...so....slowly....

Love the demo from what i have played. BIG UP the SI team, SEGA and Steam.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by iReferee View Post
    Hi

Started a game in the SPL with Kilmarnock. A couple of days in got a message saying that repayments on our loan have commenced at £2M per month? At this rate the club will be out of business in a month. Not sure yet if it is problem with the finance engine, data, or just an incorrect message. Will find out after a month I guess...

Is this a known issue?

Think the game is looking great though
    How has it worked out?

Amateur

Brilliant guys!! Massive improvement on FM09. I can actually get Man Utd to play how they`re supposed to with the tactics creator. The 3D match engine seems to run quicker for me than the last one as well. Genius!!!

Amateur
    Du du du du! Charlie Austin! (Shh don't tell the big clubs...)

First impressions are very very good. Still getting used to the new User Interface but looks very professional. Really like how the game feels. One slight gripe is that I haven't noted any significant changes in the two press conferences I've hosted so far.

First match with Man City I was played United away, only for Tevez to score in 90+3 mins... Ohhh that was sweet!

Amateur

Oh yeah. Spotted something quite neat as well. Chelsea were banned from making Transfers until 03.09.10 Very neat touch!

Amateur

Just a quick reminder for those who say the game has faster navigation and less button lag. You are playing a demo with very few leagues and not any background history.

The demo of FM 09 was very fast too. Let's hope that the smoothness of FM10 remain the same when we play it properly - I doubt it though.

Anyway, first impressions are better than expected. I'll come back with more.

Just fix the reputations of some players (like Giggs) or some teams (like Liverpool) for starters.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast