Playing @ Level 10 England - A Strain on System Resources?

Hi all... I usually hate posting new threads as there's enough clutter on these forums, but I've had a burning question for a few days now that I can't seem to get a concrete answer to:

How much of a strain on your computer will there be if you play at Level 10 in England?

For FM09 I play in the BSS and I obviously make all 7 English leagues playable (PM, CH, L1, L2, BSP, BSS & BSN).

I also load a few overseas countries so I can get their players into my game. My computer runs great with this configuration.

If I were to manage a club @ Level 10 (which I really want to do), I would have to make 46 leagues playable rather than 7. ?

See link of pyramid: http://www.thepyramid.info/stats/stats.htm#lpl

I was wondering what the impact on performance will be having an extra 39 leagues to deal with... Ideally, if there are any beta testers reading this, if you could share your experiences of playing at level 10, that would be terrific. :)

Obviously FM10 is supposed to be faster, and this may balance out the difference in db size a little, but how much??

Any thoughts?

Regards,

Ben.

It's obviously going to be hugely dependent on the spec of your machine and regardless, adding extra leagues will produce a noticeably slower process between matches, etc. However my machine is by no means top spec (Intel C2D E7200 2.5GHz processor and 4Gb Ram), but has run pretty much all European leagues simultaneously on 09. It was slower, but still playable.

It really boils down to how impatient you are. Can you wait that bit longer on match days for the game to process the results of all those extra matches? I'm going to try it out myself as soon as the leagues become available and I'm pretty confident that the extra levels will be worth the tradeoff of speed...

46 leagues is fairly huge, but I think there would be a 'slight' saving in processing power seeing that they are all within the same country and same league structure. One of the recent blogs made a big song and dance about decreased processing times, so you might also save some performance there. With that said, I think running down to tier 10 would be on par with running the 4 or 5 biggest leagues in FM09 in full detail. Plausible for some, but for most it'd be tiring.

I'd like to hear an official, or at least informed, perspective on this.

I would think that 46 leagues would massively dent performance, depending on your computers setup of course.

Yeah, me too, but I haven't really heard anything on the blogs about just how much. The reason I'm asking is that I'm thinking of getting a new pc just so I can play all 46 leagues. I'm certain FM10 will run fine on my currently computer with 7 leagues, just wondering if anyone out there had any rough recommended specs for running 46...

Cheers.

Yeah, me too, but I haven't really heard anything on the blogs about just how much. The reason I'm asking is that I'm thinking of getting a new pc just so I can play all 46 leagues. I'm certain FM10 will run fine on my currently computer with 7 leagues, just wondering if anyone out there had any rough recommended specs for running 46...

Cheers.

If you're thinking of getting it just for FM, I would hold off until the game is out. The game can tell you more accurately what sort of system spec you need for differing amounts of leagues in this version, so you may find a ton of users posting this info up - even on release day.

If you're thinking of getting it just for FM, I would hold off until the game is out. The game can tell you more accurately what sort of system spec you need for differing amounts of leagues in this version, so you may find a ton of users posting this info up - even on release day.

Duly noted. Hadn't thought of that. Thanks Neji.

Holy Mackerel KoldFire :D

Just out of interest, what are your PC specs to run that?

My specs are: Vista 32bit / Dual Core 2.5gb processor / 4gb ram

i run 54 leagues and large DB with all brazilian and french players loaded and i process matchdays pretty damn good

saturday 1-3 mins (which i find reasonable for the nation sizes

midweek 1- 1, 30

you need a little patience but i find it adds to the realism and gaming experience to have more

vista 64 bit home premium

quad core 2.6 ghz

ddr2 6 gb ram 1033 mhz speed

300 gb sata HD

geforce 8800gt 512mb gpu x 2 sli band

Holy Mackerel KoldFire :D

Just out of interest, what are your PC specs to run that?

My specs are: Vista 32bit / Dual Core 2.5gb processor / 4gb ram

Yeah match days load pretty quick considering.

My specs are: XP Prof, AMD phenom II quad core 3.2ghz processor, 1gb geforce 9500 GT, 2gb ram (I have an extra gb lying around somewhere but I've been too lazy to put it in :D).

Archived