3D and attributes

I found difficult to evaluate a specific attribute of a player by seeing 3D match.

I hope the animations and the near view ( touchline cameras ) will improve that.

How did you find this in FM2009, do you evaluate only with the after match stats ?

Do you have any other technic to know if a player is better in dribbling or tackling than another one just by seeing the match.

Thanks for your help.

This is mainly why i stayed with 2d as i felt the birds eye view was better for seeing how to team is doing and i could use my imagination to cover up for lack of animations... still not sure if the improved 3D(which looks very, very good) will convert me or not.

Just like phenom i mainly go by the same things.

I didn't play FM09 much but found it pretty easy to determine physical attributes such as pace, strength etc from the 3d view. Mental attributes are harder to work out. But, as you point out using the match stats (and of course the new match feedback and backroom staff screens) you should be able to gain a better picture of a player.

Looking at the videos for FM2010 I noticed Ze Mandel of Leixoes (initially because he looked about the size of a boy compared to everyone else - he's 5'4"). He seems to try lots of runs off the ball and indeed does receive a great pass in acres of space to set up a goal. So I think the match AI and 3d representation, although not without fault, are shaping up nicely!

When I played a LAN game a couple of weeks back I had to use my friend's old laptop which runs the game perfectly fine but isn't capable of showing 3D. I felt a wee bit cheated as for some reason I think the 3D view gives me a better idea of player runs. The new match engine and the 3D improvements look great so I'm sticking with attributes + match stats + 3D.

Archived