+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Playing saved games through steam

Amateur

Default Playing saved games through steam

Maybe a dumb question but can you play your saved game from any pc if you activate through steam?

Amateur

Default Re: Playing saved games through steam

Your saved game resides on the hard disk, so you wouldn't be able to play the same game on a different PC unless you transferred the saved game file (via usb key, upload to file host, etc)

Semi Pro

I suggest Dropbox :-)

Amateur

I think Steam has been experimenting with some games to synchronize saves to the server (can't remember which off-hand), but for almost all you have to manually transfer your save files. I think this is an area that Steam will definitely be working to develop with game publishers in the future. It would be great to simply load up an FM save from my home computer while I'm travelling on my laptop.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...d.php?t=953085

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Kanukki View Post
    I think Steam has been experimenting with some games to synchronize saves to the server (can't remember which off-hand), but for almost all you have to manually transfer your save files. I think this is an area that Steam will definitely be working to develop with game publishers in the future. It would be great to simply load up an FM save from my home computer while I'm travelling on my laptop.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...d.php?t=953085
    Exactly. Would be brilliant to be able to do this one day with FM.

Semi Pro

some games already use steam cloud , for saving settings and save files , however in FM its complicated due to the huge file size that save games have , unless you compress them to shorter size .
    my un-compressed save has 600mb with todays connections uploading this to steam cloud would take a while .
    it would be nice to have such a feature because i have my desktop and laptop and i am forced to carry a pendrive to transport my save games .

to make it work SI must reduce save file size or force it to be compressed to make use of such a feature

Part-Timer
    In a virtual world as a FM manager or a soldier on CoD

Quote Originally Posted by Aim_Less View Post
    some games already use steam cloud , for saving settings and save files , however in FM its complicated due to the huge file size that save games have , unless you compress them to shorter size .
    my un-compressed save has 600mb with todays connections uploading this to steam cloud would take a while .
    it would be nice to have such a feature because i have my desktop and laptop and i am forced to carry a pendrive to transport my save games .

to make it work SI must reduce save file size or force it to be compressed to make use of such a feature
    Save games are already compressed?

I think there is a tick box in preferences and its ticked by default?(not at FM atm)

Amateur

I think inevitably this is the way all games will eventually head. The quicker the better as far as I'm concerned

Semi Pro

my fm 2009 save is 500mb compressed , big diference >.>

steam cloud on fm would be awsome

+ Reply to Thread