Football Manager 2010 - Digital Download Purchase Options (NEW Mac Steam option)

Hi All,

A list of the places where you will be able to digitally download FM10 for PC.

STEAM - http://store.steampowered.com/app/34000/

IGN D2D - http://www.direct2drive.com/8483/product/Buy-Football-Manager-2010-with-FREE-Game-Download

GamersGate - http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-FM2010/football-manager-2010

Gamesplanet.com http://www.gamesplanet.com/UK/pc-games/buy-download-Football-Manager-2010-1545-15.html

For Mac, we have two options:

ESellerate: https://store2.esellerate.net/store/checkout/CustomLayout.aspx?s=STR2524343698&pc=&page=OnePageCart.htm

And the new Mac Steam - http://store.steampowered.com/about/ - Once installed search for Football Manager 2010 to purchase and run the game.

Cheers

Matt (and Miles!)

*If for whatever reason you need to deactivate your licence for the game, please visit the following URL: https://fm2010.sa01.softanchorinsight.com/amsweb/deact/deactivation.jsf?pid=622D73D6-A23A-648B-EE30-EC712CDF073A

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A question please ..

so if I buy FM10 from a store like tesco? can I install it and put it in steam and not have to use the CD and have all the features that steam provide?

Was just about to ask the same question!

A question please ..

so if I buy FM10 from a store like tesco? can I install it and put it in steam and not have to use the CD and have all the features that steam provide?

Was just about to ask the same question!

Yes, you can install it exactly the same as last year. Or you can go "old skool" and use the disc without having to activate at all.

Yes, you can install it exactly the same as last year. Or you can go "old skool" and use the disc without having to activate at all.

whoops.. I didnt read the post I quoted well enough.. what I wanted to ask is that can I purchase a digital download from one of those stores and still use it with steam? F.ex. can I buy from GamersGate and register the game with steam?

Anyone 'Pre-Purchased' a game from Steam before?

Will it download automatically when it comes out? Pretty handy if it does

Yes. Pre-ordered it last year through Steam. It started to download as soon as the game became avaliable. Just make sure to have your PC on and Steam running;)

These details will enable you to purchase and download the full game digitally upon its release....

I'm sorry, those of you who asked about the demo download are responsible for a few more testers. Oh, the testers...;)

Sorry for the double, but with all the testers being killed, are SI/Sega laying the foundations for multiple excuses should there be any big bugs.........

'Well you lot killed all our testers'.

:p

These details will enable you to purchase and download the full game digitally upon its release....

I'm sorry, those of you who asked about the demo download are responsible for a few more testers. Oh, the testers...;)

Why not put the release date of the demo and the full game back 1 day for every post which says "When is the demo out?"

PS When IS the demo out?

Im new to this steam thing but its sounds good.

My predicerment is my laptop is away have a new screen fitted (luckily it packed up 2 weeks before the warranty ran out) however the screen is out of stock and they don't know when I will receive it back. I am currently using my daughters computer (which ran FM09 fine) so if I download via steam on to this computer how would I go about putting it on mine when it eventually returns??

Thanks In Advance.

Ok this is not death inflicting question about the demo, but more a general question about Steam ( testers can breathe easy!)

WHEN, the demo comes out will I be able to download it through STEAM in South Korea? I appreciate that I cannot buy it through STEAM as it's not available in SK but is this the same for the demo?

Steam's speeds are always so good compared to other programmes

Oy!

Question: Will the American market be forced to purchase "World Soccer Manager" or whatever the heck it's called, or we be given the option of buying Football Manager.

I'd prefer to download digitally, but not if it's not Football Manager.

Also, will the Mac release be after the PC release? Last year it was a couple weeks after PC release that I was able to get my Mac edition.

Thank God for just having FM10, not that WWSM crap! That's good news.

Even better is the fact that the Mac and PC will be released at same time. Fantastic.

Now, if only I could get a FM10 version that ran on my iPhone, that synced up to my game on my Mac. THAT WOULD BE FANTASTIC!!

*Goes to the main SI testing building with a crew of 3, all of whom have turrets and demo on there mind ;)* i send them on there way down the halls to destroy the last batch of survivors* they all start shouting "demo demo demo demo" *i look back with an achieving smile on my face* DIE TESTERS DIIIIIIIIIIIEEE MUAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH demo demo demo demo demo demo demo demo demo demo lol <3333333

so this is my question, if i purchase through steam can i run the game on my laptop AND my desktop?

You can install the game on any computer in the world and play the game on it through Steam, but Steam will only allow you to have one instance running at a time...So yes, you can install and run the game on your desktop, and then later, play it again on your laptop.

You can install the game on any computer in the world and play the game on it through Steam, but Steam will only allow you to have one instance running at a time...So yes, you can install and run the game on your desktop, and then later, play it again on your laptop.

Yes.but just to add: You cant use the same savegame unless you manually copy the savegame also :)

Good god they want £30 to download from steam.

I certainly won't be cancelling my £17.95 Zavvi pre order.

If it makes you feel better they want 50 euro(~46pound) for us Europeans.

Anyone have any experience with D2D on release dates? Not paying 20 euro more for the game on Steam.

Hi, have a quick question about this as i dont see it already in the thread.

If i buy the game direct donwload say from IGN than its just a case of downloading it and entering the activation code?

Not a fan of steam or any third party programs and just wanna make sure if i buy it direct download i wont have to install it.

Thanks.

Hi, have a quick question about this as i dont see it already in the thread.

If i buy the game direct donwload say from IGN than its just a case of downloading it and entering the activation code?

Not a fan of steam or any third party programs and just wanna make sure if i buy it direct download i wont have to install it.

Thanks.

Exactly that. You D/L the game, install it, and activate it using the same DRM as last year. No disks, no Steam.

I recently bought Risen via D2D and while they strongly recommend their download manager, it's not technically required.

Hi!

I have a question. Why FM10 (as well as FM09) is not available via Steam in Russia? I think Steam could be the easiest way to buy FM for Russian players.

And in a couple of weeks I'll still have this "This item is currently unavailable in your region" while the rest of the world will be playing.

It's unfair :)

Archived