Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Football Manager 2010 - Digital Download Purchase Options (NEW Mac Steam option)

Amateur

Default Re: Football Manager 2010 - Digital Download Purchase Options

Just noticed GamersGate already sell FMLive for Mac!

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Twellman24 View Post
    Ok, sorry for showing my frustration, we're obviously not allowed to even do that. We'll just shut up and wait our turn.
    I just explained that we'll look for other suppliers if you know of them. I asked an honest question - if there's something more you'd like us to do is there chance you could constructively tell us?

For the other chaps - thanks, I'll see if we can work with them on the Mac SKU also.

Amateur

It is rather frustrating the digital version is more expensive: Id pre-order and download if the price was matched and in theory that should mean *extra* profits along the line due to delivery/packaging savings.

Hey ho, Ill pop along to tesco straight after work instead.

Amateur

any news on a esellerate price for mac users yet? I would like the digital copy this year but if its much more expensive I think I'll pre-order the retail copy.

Thanks

Amateur

will the esellerate mac version be ready to go?

Amateur

What are the options for North American users. No more Worldwide Soccer Manager?

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by fergusq View Post
    It is rather frustrating the digital version is more expensive: Id pre-order and download if the price was matched and in theory that should mean *extra* profits along the line due to delivery/packaging savings.

Hey ho, Ill pop along to tesco straight after work instead.
    We're not allowed to control the price by law.

Quote Originally Posted by psucolonel View Post
    will the esellerate mac version be ready to go?
    I'm told so, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by CapEm View Post
    What are the options for North American users. No more Worldwide Soccer Manager?
    The options listed above all work. It's FM now, no more WWSM.

Amateur

Sorry if this has been answered already and this isn't really a big deal at all but on my steam account it says that I can get the game when it is available on the 31st? Yet everywhere else I look it is released on the 30th and it also says 30th when I click on the steam link in this thread. So am I going to have to wait an extra day to get it? Would seem strange if so.

Cheers guys.

Amateur

Matt,

Can you help?

When are esellerate going to release a price for FM2010 for mac? What power/influence fo SI/Sega have reagrdgin esellerate (I may be wrong but I understand it is yourself who set the price and then pay a % to esellerate per sale?)

Thanks

Semi Pro

Hello,

I'm looking into Mac pricing and distribution options today. What I know is that Esellerate will go live with the game on launch day so that is guaranteed. Nothing else to report at present, I'll post back here when I have more info.

Cheers

Matt

Amateur

Default quick question about steam.

i have just pre-ordered fm10 on steam and i wondered whether i could install it at midnight on the friday it comes out?

Semi Pro

Default Re: quick question about steam.

Quote Originally Posted by jamboblue View Post
    i have just pre-ordered fm10 on steam and i wondered whether i could install it at midnight on the friday it comes out?
    Yes you can!

Amateur

Default Re: quick question about steam.

Quote Originally Posted by Blanchflower1 View Post
    Yes you can!
    Is that 0.01 Friday( Thursday night) or 0.01 Saturday ( friday night) ?

Thanks

Amateur

Is there any info about if (and when) we will be able to pre-download FM2010 an just activate it at midnight?

Amateur

I may be dumb, but google is failing me. How do you view the esellerate store? :O

edit: interesting censor...

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinocerous View Post
    I may be dumb, but google is failing me. How do you view the esellerate store? :O

edit: interesting censor...
    I've never worked thos out mysel either, can anyone help?

Amateur

I usually buy the game from a shop but this year I was thinking of downloading it from Steam or somewhere similar. I have never done this before so got a couple of questions. If I download from Steam etc can i think copy the game onto a dvd to put it on my laptop or my second machine? Do I need to keep the PC connected to the internet to be able to play FM? How big will the download be?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by BayernMB View Post
    Is there any info about if (and when) we will be able to pre-download FM2010 an just activate it at midnight?
    Bumping this question as its gone unanswered several times.

Are there any plans for a pre load on Steam like Fm09?

Not that it will take long to download the game, but it would be nice.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by DougyMarshall View Post
    Bumping this question as its gone unanswered several times.

Are there any plans for a pre load on Steam like Fm09?

Not that it will take long to download the game, but it would be nice.
    Yes it will be pre loaded. I read the answer by Matt from SEGA somewhere on here

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by leon103 View Post
    Yes it will be pre loaded. I read the answer by Matt from SEGA somewhere on here
    I've seen it aswell some time ago but couldn't find it today...the question now is when will it be available.

Semi Pro

We expect a preload to take place some time during Thursday. No details yet, they'll be in this thread when I have them.

Semi Pro
    Drowning myself in a pint after England let me down again!!!

On the site Steam, it says 3 days and 23 hours to go, so that makes it 5pm Friday 30th.

Not midnight Friday.

Amateur

Any news on if FM2010 for Mac will be available on something other than esellerate for digital download? I've been on the esellerate site and I can't even seem to access their store to see what games they sell. Not sure how much I trust that right now. As someone said D2D and GamersGate both have Mac digital downloads for other games. I just want to be able to preload the game and play asap. I'm almost done the demo and I NEED to take Arsenal to victory

Part-Timer

We dont know anything about Mac version--at all. If it will be ready that morning or during the day, if the patch will be ready for us at the same time than for PC users, if there will be a preload, nothing.

Amateur

bump this
    I usually buy the game from a shop but this year I was thinking of downloading it from Steam or somewhere similar. I have never done this before so got a couple of questions. If I download from Steam etc can i think copy the game onto a dvd to put it on my laptop or my second machine? Do I need to keep the PC connected to the internet to be able to play FM? How big will the download be?

Part-Timer

Lol you're bumping a sticky now?

Amateur

bump this
    I'm not quite sure about this year's download size, but from my last year's experience I was able bo make a copy of my game to DVD - but you can still download it any time you want - you'll need internet connection to activate the game (last year it was possible to run it without Steam, I'm not sure about this year, but you can run Steam offline), and then you can play without internet.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by BayernMB View Post
    I'm not quite sure about this year's download size, but from my last year's experience I was able bo make a copy of my game to DVD - but you can still download it any time you want - you'll need internet connection to activate the game (last year it was possible to run it without Steam, I'm not sure about this year, but you can run Steam offline), and then you can play without internet.
    Thanks. First time I have gone to download the game so I wanted to check first.

Amateur

Lol you're bumping a sticky now?
    No just my question. It seemed to be going not answered and I didn't want it to be missed

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Matt - SEGA View Post
    We expect a preload to take place some time during Thursday. No details yet, they'll be in this thread when I have them.
    Nice, cheers Matt.

First Team Squad Member
    An old man sits collecting stamps, in a room all filled with Chinese lamps

When you pre-order off Steam are you charged immediately or only when the game becomes available for download?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Jambo View Post
    When you pre-order off Steam are you charged immediately or only when the game becomes available for download?
    I think its immeadiately Jambo.

I use paypal when i buy from steam so the money goes straight from my account to Steam when i confirm the purchase.

If you use a credit card i cant say though.

Amateur

i cannot play the game on release day because no shop accept psc and just accept credit card and paypal. when i order a copy i have to send a picture of my id card. but i dont have a mobile phone and no scanner. why is it so difficult to accept easy payment. i can buy it on ebay thats annoying.

some mmogs like aion or eve accept psc. what happens if you release the game in countrys where its forbidden? you are english producer, so they dont can bring an action for you. you can do it for the fans. they just come with an law****er and you dont release the game anymore. yo ucould more fight i think

Amateur

Why does FM at steam not release at midnight?
    It says 3 days and 7 hours now...

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by felix1322 View Post
    i cannot play the game on release day because no shop accept psc and just accept credit card and paypal. when i order a copy i have to send a picture of my id card. but i dont have a mobile phone and no scanner. why is it so difficult to accept easy payment. i can buy it on ebay thats annoying.

some mmogs like aion or eve accept psc. what happens if you release the game in countrys where its forbidden? you are english producer, so they dont can bring an action for you. you can do it for the fans. they just come with an law****er and you dont release the game anymore. yo ucould more fight i think
    Why don't you use paypal? I've no idea what psc is but if its half as popular as you make it out to be then it would work with apypal

Amateur

Any more news on Mac Digital Downloads yet? So happy this is an option whatever the cost, I travel a lot and nothing worse than being on the other side of the planet from your FM disk

Amateur

when i choose paypal, i can wait a week before i can use it. and i dont use online buying much so why take a service like this. to pay paypal extra money?

hackers can hack my account too and the bank dont give my money back.

pay safe card is online money. you can buy it where mobile phones where sold.you get a serial number which you type in.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by felix1322 View Post
    when i choose paypal, i can wait a week before i can use it. and i dont use online buying much so why take a service like this. to pay paypal extra money?

hackers can hack my account too and the bank dont give my money back.

pay safe card is online money. you can buy it where mobile phones where sold.you get a serial number which you type in.
    1. Why use paypal?

Because you wouldnt be asking how to pay for the game, you would have it pre ordered already and you would be getting it on release.

2. Paypal does not take a cut of money from the buyer, if a game costs 35 quid all you pay is 35 quid, only the seller is charged a small fee for using the service or if you are gifting money. i recently gifted my friend £20 (for pre ordering the left4dead2 4 pack, and it cost £20 plus 79p).

3. "Hackers" despite TV's best attempts are not master slouthes who prey on anybody with a paypal account, its completely safe to use so long as you only buy from respected sites.

And Paypal does indeed protect you on purchases if you have documented evidence of the transaction.

So all in all, if you cant pre order the game then its down to you simply being too demanding and wanting a rediculously tedious payment scheme (that i have never heard of before in my life) to be common place... when theres already completely free and safe alternatives in place.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Burrator View Post
    Any more news on Mac Digital Downloads yet? So happy this is an option whatever the cost, I travel a lot and nothing worse than being on the other side of the planet from your FM disk
    looking forward to some more mac info

Part-Timer

Well it looks like the digital downloaders lose out to those who pre-ordered a copy elsewhere

Amateur

Hi Matt,

I'm also looking forward to the Mac pricing info and know you'll post it when you have it. Hopefully it's the same price as Steam as I'd like to not have to carry the DVD around with me all the time.

D2D does sell Mac games so it may be an outlet you want to explore.

I might suggest however, that you look to set up hard copy purchase option for Canada. Amazon.com will not ship this game to Canada when you try to buy it from there and it is not listed on Amazon.ca. There's a large base of consumers you are potentially missing out on. For FM09 I lucked in that a mate was working in NYC and I had it shipped to him and he brought it home when he returned but it won't be that simple this year.

Part-Timer

What do you want the hard copy for if you're going to buy the digital one? Just wondering.

Semi Pro

Hey,

We've looked into Canadian distribution before - it's really, really difficult to get a partner who'll take the game and give it decent shelf space. We do really well with Amazon in the states now and haven't had any luck otherwise. Sorry, it's either Digital or Import for you guys...

We're looking into other partners for Mac distribution but won't have anything other than esellerate up for launch day. In terms of pricing - I believe last year via esellerate it was £29.99 and I expect it to be the same again.

Cheers

Matt

Part-Timer

Thanks for the info Matt

Do you know if the patch will also be available on release day for the Mac version?

Semi Pro

I don't but I will ask.

Amateur

Still have no idea how to access the eSellerate store???

Amateur

Same here. I've been on their site and can't make heads nor tails of where to buy anything on the site. How about you just try going to www.esellerate.net Matt and see if you can find the game to buy =/

Semi Pro

We'll provide you with a link when it's available. Promise...

Amateur

We'll provide you with a link when it's available. Promise...
    Oh ok it's not something that's specifically on their site. Ok awesome then. Thanks for all the hard work!

Amateur

I suppose that's simpler :P

Amateur

will i be able to add facepacks etc. with the version from steam?

Semi Pro

Release date now the 29th on the Steam site.

Amateur

Can anyone please confirm whether Game/Gamesplanet will also bring their digital download forward to the 29th, as Steam have done? Would be a bit unfair otherwise...

Amateur

Hey,

We've looked into Canadian distribution before - it's really, really difficult to get a partner who'll take the game and give it decent shelf space. We do really well with Amazon in the states now and haven't had any luck otherwise. Sorry, it's either Digital or Import for you guys...

We're looking into other partners for Mac distribution but won't have anything other than esellerate up for launch day. In terms of pricing - I believe last year via esellerate it was £29.99 and I expect it to be the same again.

Cheers

Matt
    Hi Matt,

Any chance that SEGA/SI will look to sell the game in Brazil next year (with a brazilian portuguese version)?

thanks!

Part-Timer

Man, I really really hope eSellerate makes the game available for Mac users close to the midnight Steam deadline. It would suck to have to watch thousands playing it and just have to wait

Amateur

https://affiliates.esellerate.net/af...eProducts.aspx

This is the link I found for the esellerate store.. They sure make it difficult!!

Part-Timer

Well, thanks for that. There's nothing yet, we'll just have to wait!

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Amahk View Post
    Oh ok it's not something that's specifically on their site. Ok awesome then. Thanks for all the hard work!
    Correct, we supply a link when it's ready - it won't be available until the game is available which we'd anticipate to be no later than midnight Thursday GMT *at this point*.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcelo View Post
    Hi Matt,

Any chance that SEGA/SI will look to sell the game in Brazil next year (with a brazilian portuguese version)?

thanks!
    We try and arrange this every year but boxed distribution in Brazil is extremely difficult, so it's just digital at the moment.

Well, thanks for that. There's nothing yet, we'll just have to wait!
    Yes, you will, but as you know, we'll tell you when the game is available, as mentioned above.

Amateur

Correct, we supply a link when it's ready - it won't be available until the game is available which we'd anticipate to be no later than midnight Thursday GMT *at this point*.

We try and arrange this every year but boxed distribution in Brazil is extremely difficult, so it's just digital at the moment.

Yes, you will, but as you know, we'll tell you when the game is available, as mentioned above.
    Hi Matt,

Can you help me with the situation in Asia, I have pre-ordered from Gamersgate.com, but after buying another game and finding that download speeds were less than 5kb/s!!!!!!!!!! I am trying to get a refund.

Some of the other sites listed say that it's not available in Asia and Steam says that it's not available in my region.

I'm in South Korea.

Can you please help, any information is greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Part-Timer

would this be a bad time to say im a pc :-p.

when can i pre-load? still can't pre-load :-(

yea i dont understand that, digital downloading should be cheaper! it was part of the promise! all that plastic and paper and disc manufactoring! plus staff wages plus shop rent. hardly comparitive?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Mezzledinho View Post
    will i be able to add facepacks etc. with the version from steam?
    also how many computers will i be able to use it on?

Amateur

Hey,

Cheers

Matt
    hi there,

i am from austria. i tried to pre order the footman on direct2 drive. i found a notice that the game is available worldwide but not in germany. well i am from austria not germany.
    my pre order failed. please contact the costumer service.
    did my transaction failed because of license restrictions?

if yes, where can i download it or order it

thanx

P
    Last edited by pewa2303; 28-10-2009 at 12:29.

Amateur

Will we be able to 'pre-load' from Game/Gamesplanet as well, or is just Steam who allows that?

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by seagull84 View Post
    Hi Matt,

Can you help me with the situation in Asia, I have pre-ordered from Gamersgate.com, but after buying another game and finding that download speeds were less than 5kb/s!!!!!!!!!! I am trying to get a refund.

Some of the other sites listed say that it's not available in Asia and Steam says that it's not available in my region.

I'm in South Korea.

Can you please help, any information is greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance
    Hi,

All I can suggest is checking with the digi download options listed whether they supply to you. I don't have an alternative suggestion other than an import from a UK retailer such as Game or HMV that ship worldwide...

Quote Originally Posted by pewa2303 View Post
    hi there,

i am from austria. i tried to pre order the footman on direct2 drive. i found a notice that the game is available worldwide but not in germany.
    my pre order failed. please contact the costumer service.
    before i do this i would like to ask if i can download it via direct2drive regarding lincense problems.

if yes, where can i download it or order it

thanx

P
    I don't think Austria is a withheld territory for any of our partners. Perhaps try the Customer Service, it may not have been a location issue.

Cheers

Matt

Amateur

many thx.

P

Amateur

Is it still possible to install and run the game without the DVD on several pc's like with FM 09?
    Thanks in advance.

Edit: I just found out that the 5 licenses are gone. Other question then. Is it possible to install by the two methods (on one pc with steam and on another pc with DVD based copy protection)?
    Last edited by Wippie 1880; 28-10-2009 at 13:45.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by BamBamBam View Post
    Release date now the 29th on the Steam site.
    Where does it say that? Says 2 days 3 hours on mine. It could mean the pre load is available tomorrow

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Wippie 1880 View Post
    Is it still possible to install and run the game without the DVD on several pc's like with FM 09?
    Thanks in advance.
    Yes if you've installed via Steam - you need to log in.

No otherwise.

Amateur

Yes if you've installed via Steam - you need to log in.

No otherwise.
    Thanks for the fast reply. But can I run the game at two pc's at the same time? One running with steam and the other one with the DVD based copy protection.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Wippie 1880 View Post
    Thanks for the fast reply. But can I run the game at two pc's at the same time? One running with steam and the other one with the DVD based copy protection.
    You can use steam on 10 pcs at once if you want, just make sure you have it go into offline mode.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Donald-Duck View Post
    You can use steam on 10 pcs at once if you want, just make sure you have it go into offline mode.
    I already realized that, but my brother doesn't like steam so I wondered if he could play with the DVD based protect... and I could play with steam.

Part-Timer

Lol I see you coming a mile away

Amateur

It's just a question.

Amateur

This will be my first year playing it on a mac. Hope we'll get any info to make this boring day go by faster!

Amateur

Why have Steam changed the release date?

Semi Pro

Glad somebody has asked here!

Semi Pro

Again. fecking joke.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by BamBamBam View Post
    Again. fecking joke.
    What the....

A lot of people that I know, who ordered the game from shops, got FM10 in their mail today and can play the game already. I on the other hand, who stupidly decided to pay £10 more than them by using Steam instead, suddenly got the message that Steam won't realease the game before 31th of October, in 2 days and six hours! This is a god damn joke.

Amateur

Am I correct that the store version is the only way a purchase will be able to be installed on both PC and Mac (even at different times)?

Amateur

This is not good at all. On my Steam page, it says 2 days and 4 hours. It sudedenly changed by a day. And people all around have received their pre-order in the mail, and are playing FM 2010 as we speak. Ridiculous, and a repeat of last year.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by HaraldNatvik View Post
    What the....

A lot of people that I know, who ordered the game from shops, got FM10 in their mail today and can play the game already. I on the other hand, who stupidly decided to pay £10 more than them by using Steam instead, suddenly got the message that Steam won't realease the game before 31th of October, in 2 days and six hours! This is a god damn joke.

What they said - I feel we need an official reply on this.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by MortenM View Post
    This is not good at all. On my Steam page, it says 2 days and 4 hours. It sudedenly changed by a day. And people all around have received their pre-order in the mail, and are playing FM 2010 as we speak. Ridiculous, and a repeat of last year.
    I know. It find this completely idiotic and incredible unfair. We actually pay more for the game through Steam, and we get it two days after those who pay less than us. Steam should make the game available to us tonight! This is the last time I'll buy the game through Steam. I believed that they'd manage to get it right this time, but no...

Amateur

Don't pay so much attention to the release date stated on Steam. Same thing happened last year. The release date has not been officially changed.

Amateur

Lets hope so. But I still feel they should release the game tonight, as long as a lot of people are already playing it. It basically means that those of us who have paid £40 instead of £30 for the game, ends up having to wait one or two days more than those guys who pre-ordered the game in the mail. That's wrong.

Amateur

On my steam application under store it says 30th. 1 day 19 hours

Amateur

I agree that it should be released earlier (tomorrow would do), but where did you pay £40 for it from?

Lets hope so. But I still feel they should release the game tonight, as long as a lot of people are already playing it. It basically means that those of us who have paid £40 instead of £30 for the game, ends up having to wait one or two days more than those guys who pre-ordered the game in the mail. That's wrong.

Amateur

On my steam application under store it says 30th. 1 day 19 hours
    On mine it says 31th of October, in 2 days and 3 hours.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by reflection22 View Post
    I agree that it should be released earlier (tomorrow would do), but where did you pay £40 for it from?
    Steam store. Paid €50 for it, which is about £40? Just checked the currencies, and that's about £45 actually. I'm norwegian, so we don't use neither currencies. Anyways, in Norway people have bought the game for £10 less and got the game today in their mail.

Amateur

Wow, that's a crazy price to pay for it dude! I ordered a digital download too, but from GAME, and that was £29.99. However, when I look at Steam, it says its also £29.99. Is it more expensive to buy it from Steam in Norway then, or have they only reduced the price recently?

Steam store. Paid €50 for it, which is about £40? Just checked the currencies, and that's about £45 actually. I'm norwegian, so we don't use neither currencies. Anyways, in Norway people have bought the game for £10 less and got the game today in their mail.

Amateur

even if this released on time steam is doing sega and si no favours with this confusion over the release date especially after last years shambles

Amateur

Wow, that's a crazy price to pay for it dude! I ordered a digital download too, but from GAME, and that was £29.99. However, when I look at Steam, it says its also £29.99. Is it more expensive to buy it from Steam in Norway then, or have they only reduced the price recently?
    Don't know. Just checked the Steam Store, and it says pre-purchase Football Manager 2010 for €49,99. Just as it has always said on my Steam. That is the price I paid for it, and what it still says. FM09 on the other hand cost around €29 now.

In Norway we have a 25% tax on all foreign goods (except books) which cost more than £20 if you import it, so it might be related to that.
    Last edited by HaraldNatvik; 28-10-2009 at 21:27.

Amateur

Seems very expensive to charge you that much, when in the UK Steam are only charging £30 (about 33 euros) So you are paying an extra 50% on top of what people in the UK are, essentially, for the same game from the same download company. Harsh.

Don't know. Just checked the Steam Store, and it says pre-purchase Football Manager 2010 for €49,99. Just as it has always said on my Steam. That is the price I paid for it, and what it still says. FM09 on the other hand cost around €29 now.

In Norway we have a 25% tax on all foreign goods (except books) which cost more than £20 if you import it, so it might be related to that.

Amateur

Seems very expensive to charge you that much, when in the UK Steam are only charging £30 (about 33 euros) So you are paying an extra 50% on top of what people in the UK are, essentially, for the same game from the same download company. Harsh.
    You won't get any arguments from me...Didn't know that I had to pay €49 while you guys paid €33. I didn't even know that it only cost about €35 in stores in Norway, or that you'd actually get the game today..
    God damn. I've played CM and FM sinde 1994, when I first got it for my Amiga. I want to play..

Amateur

IF this is correct, and Steam take an extra day, they can stuff it.

I am going STRAIGHT to "GAME" on the 30th November at 9 in the morning, and will purchase my hard copy from there. I will then request a refund from Steam.

IF they're delaying it by a day, it's a total and utter joke. Particularly considering last year's debacles. Oh well, easily sorted ... they'll never have my custom again, as well as having a refund request pronto on their desk Friday morning.

I'm only sorry I didn't order it in the mail, for fear of the postal strike. Sounds like you mail order guys struck lucky.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Genius2008 View Post
    I am going STRAIGHT to "GAME" on the 30th November at 9 in the morning, and will purchase my hard copy from there. I will then request a refund from Steam.
    30th November? :P

Amateur

LOL. I meant Friday, which is the same thing ;-)

Besides, no-one will sell it to me beforehand :-(

Semi Pro

What the....

The official release date is October 30th and that's when Steam will release - don't worry about that.

I'm really sorry about the behaviour of some retailers but there's really not much we can do about that - at this stage we're encouraging everyone to stick to the date as that's the only way to be fair to the majority of our customers who are not on these boards and expecting a 30th release.

Amateur

The official release date is October 30th and that's when Steam will release - don't worry about that.

I'm really sorry about the behaviour of some retailers but there's really not much we can do about that - at this stage we're encouraging everyone to stick to the date as that's the only way to be fair to the majority of our customers who are not on these boards and expecting a 30th release.
    Fair enough I guess, but if there is no real consequenses for these retailers, then they will just continue shipping out the game to their costumers one or two days before we (who order it through Steam) get it. Normally it wouldn't be a problem, but since you don't demand registration this year, it is. In my opinion, SEGA should tell Steam to release the game tonight for these reasons. Or I guess perhaps Steam is the one who are already asking you guys, and you should accept this request. Steam is in a tough position here, and will loose future costumers because of this.

Steam and SEGA should have knowned what would happen this year, and decided to release the game a day earlier.

I've talked to a lot of people today, and those who have ordered it through Steam are quite angry and a lot of them have decided to cancel their orders through Steam or will ask for refund, and have unfortunately started downloading the game throught torrents - which will cost SIgames and SEGA naturally. I've never done this myself and I will never do it, as I've supported SIgames since 1994 with buying every CM/FM game they've made.

But I guess this is at least the last time I'll buy FM through Steam. I've paid €50 for the game, instead of €35 and I end up getting the game a day later than those who have paid less for it. Well, it's my own fault really for not remembering what happened with Empire Total War and FM09.

And yes, I know you are not a representative for Steam:-)
    Last edited by HaraldNatvik; 28-10-2009 at 22:57.

Amateur

Quick question, I haven't pre ordered from steam yet, and the release date says 2 days and 2 hours, which would put it around 6pm on Friday (PST). That is a seemingly odd time to release. Seemingly, to be in accordance with the midnight (GMT) release on the 30th, it would put the actual release date as 4pm on Thursday (PST). Is there any possibility it will be released on Thursday at 4pm (PST)? I really don't have any other options for getting the game beyond Amazon which doesn't release until the 3rd, so as an American, I'm pretty much at the will of Steam (or the other downloaded versions).

Amateur

Thanks Matt for your prompt response.

One more question, though ... have you heard anything about when the game will be available for pre-load? Cheers!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast