NWCM 01/02 clan has finished, be back for CM4

Nations Wide Championship Manager Clan

Me, Toffeeman and Mr. Hat are quiting the Mafia Clan Group 2.

We are very sorry for that, but there's a lot of disappointment about the way things were going.

Actually we found out that we were the only 3 who were really commited to the game, so it's very boring having only three regular players.

So, we decided to form our own clan. This clan is for hardcore gamers only. We will play the EPL with midtable clubs only.

These are already taken :

Me - Fulham

Toffee - Everton

Mr. Hat - Sunderland

We are looking for one or two more players, so if you want to join post here your details:

Real Name

Team

Availability

Please don't post your email, as it can be found in your profile.

If you don't feel like playing a long term game, please don't reply.

If you don't think you can join us on a regular basis, please don't reply.

If you don't have a good sense of humour, please don't reply.

If you don't think you can post your game stories in this thread, please don't reply.

If you don't feel you can handle a couple of defeats without quiting the game, please don't reply.

We are looking forward for a successfull and enjoyable long term game, so we are looking for someone who can really be commited and reliable.

icon_smile.gif

[This message was edited by dogs on 18 January 2003 at 02:18.]

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nations Wide Championship Manager Clan

Me, Toffeeman and Mr. Hat are quiting the Mafia Clan Group 2.

We are very sorry for that, but there's a lot of disappointment about the way things were going.

Actually we found out that we were the only 3 who were really commited to the game, so it's very boring having only three regular players.

So, we decided to form our own clan. This clan is for hardcore gamers only. We will play the EPL with midtable clubs only.

These are already taken :

Me - Fulham

Toffee - Everton

Mr. Hat - Sunderland

We are looking for one or two more players, so if you want to join post here your details:

Real Name

Team

Availability

Please don't post your email, as it can be found in your profile.

If you don't feel like playing a long term game, please don't reply.

If you don't think you can join us on a regular basis, please don't reply.

If you don't have a good sense of humour, please don't reply.

If you don't think you can post your game stories in this thread, please don't reply.

If you don't feel you can handle a couple of defeats without quiting the game, please don't reply.

We are looking forward for a successfull and enjoyable long term game, so we are looking for someone who can really be commited and reliable.

icon_smile.gif

[This message was edited by dogs on 18 January 2003 at 02:18.]

We'll have a scoring system similar to others used in the other clans :

Scoring System

The best player will be the player with the most points. Underneath is the scoring system that will be used for the game.

Champions League: 100 points:, Runner up: 60 points

World Club Cup: 75 points, Runner up: 40 points

EPL title: 75 points, Runner up: 40 points

UEFA Cup: 50 points, Runner up: 30 points

FA Cup: 40 points, Runner up: 25 points

League Cup : 30 points, Runner Up : 15 points

Secondary Cup (i.e. european super cup): 25 points

Promotion from any division: 10 points

Getting Sacked: - 20 points

Relegation: - 20 points

Thanks Rad, I just c & p this from one of your threads. icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif

Hooray, it looks like we have a game with some organisation, and some thought actually going into the game icon_smile.gif

Just a few points regarding your scoring system... The World Club Cup should carry the most points, as you have to win the CL or UEFA to qualify for it. Also, points could be awarded for League position, down to say 6th place. Also points for getting to the Semis, or even quarters of the cup competitions.

I'm not telling you how to run your game, and you can ignore my advice if you wish, but just a few thoughts to make the game more interesting and competitive, especially as you are using mid-table clubs.

Good luck with your game, and KUTGW icon_biggrin.gif

Team : Tottenham or Derby

Availibilty: All uk Times..

Almost always Monday - Friday - 8pm - 1.30am

Sat and sun have to ask first (father in law's comp.) but if possibly the same as above.

I've never played an online game b4 so please be gentle.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

We'll have a scoring system similar to others used in the other clans :

_Scoring System_

The best player will be the player with the most points. Underneath is the scoring system that will be used for the game.

Champions League: 100 points:, Runner up: 60 points

World Club Cup: 75 points, Runner up: 40 points

UEFA Cup: 50 points, Runner up: 30 points

Thanks Rad, I just c & p this from one of your threads. icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks UTM, somehow I knew that Rad's Scoring System sucked. icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif

New Scoring System

World Club Cup: 120 points, Runner up: 80 points

Champions League: 100 points:, Runner up: 60 points , Semis : 30 points

UEFA Cup: 50 points, Runner up: 30 points, Semis : 15 points

EPL:

1st - 75 points

2nd - 40 points

3rd - 20 points

4th - 10 points

5th - 5 points

As I'm not seeing myself as a leader or something, Toffee and Hat give me your views about this system. icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by benjamincoles1977:

Team : Tottenham or Derby

Availibilty: All uk Times..

Almost always Monday - Friday - 8pm - 1.30am

Sat and sun have to ask first (father in law's comp.) but if possibly the same as above.

I've never played an online game b4 so please be gentle.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you for your reply Ben, but I think we might have a timezone problem here, since you live in California. Plus, we're looking for people experienced on online games, so that things can run smoothly.

However, it would be interesting to have an American guy joining a Portuguese, a Finnish, a Russian and an Irish. That's why we call ourselves the Nations Wide Clan.

By the way, yes we are gentle. icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif

Just replying to your scoring system there

Where is the European Super Cup??(This iS CL winners vs UEFA cup winners)

Promotion from any division 10pts....i dont think this is good because this means that it doesnt matter if you win the league, come 2nd or gain promotion through the play offs you still get the same points as the others.

Of course thats what i would change, if you decide to change it thats of course your very own decision

wow, this looks like it's going to be a success. I may be interested in joining, but I haven't got the time at the moment..maybe in a few weeks.

Are you going to create a website? You should do after a while because it's always nice to promote your game.

KUTGW lads

I'm interested icon_smile.gif

Team: West Ham

Availability: Monday - Thursday (7pm onwards) and Sunday (all day)

The above listed times are just rough estimates, I mean I would be able to play some Friday nights or some Saturday nights, but like most people, I like to get those nights if I can icon_smile.gif

Guest swfc_2002

Real name - Jon Sissons

Age - 17

Location - England

Team - Newcastle or Aston Villa

Availibilty - Monday - Thursday 6pm onwards, Sunday all day.

Exellent work Nuno. Once this baby gets started and you tell us all about it we will credit you in the list above, because....

"If your wondering why, All the love that you long for eludes you. And the people are rude and cruel to you.

You must suffer and cry for a longer time, you just havent earned it yet baby!"

Its hard organising m8! but if you get it right and really source your players you will " believe me"

Rosco

icon_razz.gif

Hey ad like to join if theres anymore room?

Team: anyone really, erm..... Leeds or Derby

Availability: whenever needed apart from saturday or friday nights.

Name:Matthew

Team:Chelsea

Availability:From 6.00pm GMT each night this week. any other time, have to ask...Dad's comp!!

Note:Never done it b4. Dont understand fully! icon_biggrin.gif

"why do you get more point for winning the world club cup than the champions league when its far easier?"

I guess because to win that, you have to win the Champions League, or UEFA cup, which as you know, is a hard job to do. icon_wink.gif

Thank you for your replies, gentlemen. icon_smile.gif

The game should start next week on a date yet to be decided. This is due to the fact that I'll be travelling from Thursday until Sunday.

I forgot to say that having mIRC is mandatory for people who want to join our clan. This is a very small and simple program, that can be downloaded from here.

This program will allow the managers to chat in a private room, so we must play on windowed mode. The reason for this is that chating in CM room slows down the game. If any of the new players feel unconfortable with the mIRC thing, feel free to email me any queries they might have about the program.

Tonight at 9pm, me, Mr.Hat and The Toffeeman will have a meeting on mIRC to decide who is joining our game and when we will start playing.

After that I will post here who is in and who is out.

As usual on network games, there will be a t&t ( tactics and training ) session on the first day of the season. If any of the managers who agreed to play at that given time doesn't turn up to this first session, he will be immediatly replaced by another person.

Now some guidelines we will like to see in our game :

Commentary Speed

In order to speed things up, all managers must play with very fast commentary. Exceptions will be:

* Cups finals or semi-finals

* Games between two of the members ( eg Me vs. Toffee )

In the cases mentioned above people may play on fast speed, if they wish.

Transfer Bids

It is common sense that bidding £0 + £10 M after "x" international caps is cheating. Although this is implemented in the game, people generally recognise it as a game flaw, which we shall not take advantage of.

Exiting the game

All managers must go on holiday before exiting the game. This will avoid forcing our host to take control of teams whose managers are not on holiday each time we start a new session. It is very annoying having to restart the game just because someone forgot to go on holiday in the previous session.

Our Website

Toffee is now working on a website, where people can see how our game is going. There will be screenshots and comments from the managers about the game, so we would appreciate that all managers give their contribution to our site by emailing their sreenshots/comments to our webmaster.

Posting here their comments about their teams is highly recommendable as well, we wish we can keep this thread up with lots of stories and specially lots of mocking icon_biggrin.gif .

If I remember anything else I'll post it here later icon_biggrin.gif .

Originally posted by Danny:

wow, this looks like it's going to be a success. I may be interested in joining, but I haven't got the time at the moment..maybe in a few weeks.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shame you can't join us next week, Danny. You seem to be the kind of person we are looking for. I mean, you being UCMIG subhost is a guarantee that you would not let us down if you joined. Maybe next time.

icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by TURPS:

You must suffer and cry for a longer time, you just havent earned it yet baby!"

Rosco

icon_razz.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

" You just haven't earned it my son ! "

icon_razz.gif

Originally posted by Whitey:

Team: Man City

Availability: Anytime You Want

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are actually involved in other clans, so I don't think you have the time to play with us. Thanks, anyway.

icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by argie_wizard:

Hey ad like to join if theres anymore room?

Team: anyone really, erm..... Leeds or Derby

Availability: whenever needed apart from saturday or friday nights.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're out too for the same reasons. icon_wink.gif

After meeting Mr.Hat in mIRC ( WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN TOFFEE ? YOU COULN'T MISS THAT BARÇA-REAL MATCH, COULD YOU ??? icon_mad.gificon_biggrin.gif ) we choose the following people :

Nuno Santos - Fulham

Jonathan Backstrom - Middlesboro

Alex Vasylov - Everton

Michael Gormley - West Ham

As you can see there is two spots left to fill, Danny and Rad would be welcome if they could join, but I don't think they have the time for now... ( correct me if I'm wrong, pals icon_wink.gif ).

For those who posted above and we didn't choose them, please don't reply "why, oh why?". There is a reason for you not being chosen and I can explain you the reasons by email but I will not reply in this thread.

We are trying to be very selective, we hope that we can make the right decisions to set up a quality long term game.

Keep'em comin' boys! icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Radoslaw_Kaluzny:

ill take blacburn please

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only if you learn how to spell their name properly icon_biggrin.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_biggrin.gif

hey guys...i'm not very well known this far up the board but still icon_biggrin.gif

I put my name down for the UCMIG subs but no-one seems to be leaving icon_frown.gificon_biggrin.gif

Real Name Matthew Tancock (and yes you ARE the first person to make that joke icon_rolleyes.gificon_biggrin.gif )

Team :Alegedly Tottenham are midtable, although imo they ARE a big club icon_razz.gificon_wink.gif

Availability:you haven't really said how many nights a week you're playing...weekends are better but i can probably fit a reasonable schedule into midweek..

just one other thing...whether i get picked or not icon_biggrin.gif the thing about playing on very fast..i understand you want to get through games quickly, especially if some people aren't involved, but very fast doesn't give you much option to see what's going on...if i was to get picked i'd obviously give it a go to see how it goes...but i reckon as long as you make it clear that people can't spend ages mid-game re-arranging tactics and such, fast is quick enough...

i think that's all you asked for... icon_smile.gif

cable at the moment, although i'll be moving back to 56k in a couple of months...i still get 160 pings on counterstrike with my 56k though (that's pretty good if you don't play fps icon_smile.gif ) so it's not too bad icon_biggrin.gif...

although i'm not sure you trying to poach me from this thread is strictly ethical!! icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif

Age 26

Location SWEDEN

Team Aston V

Availability Weeknights and some weekends

connection Cable

other currently playin in mafia clan 3 but sees that more people have double clans..but mafia 3 is the first clan and have first priority..but im committed to every game i join! and ive seen that youre hardcoreplayers!

icon_cool.gif

Archived