Career Updates Forum Mini Updates Thread

dafuge

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok then....

As said in the All-Nighter thread last night, after just over a season with Hoffenheim I quit despite taking them into Europe for the first time and building a strong squad. I was annoyed by the players constantly wanting out to join a bigger club even though we were going places ourselves.

So after a short time I was offered a job with Feyenoord but when I clicked 'reject' on the job offer screen and 'confirm' it turns out I'd clicked 'accept' (heehee :D). I only lasted 65 days or so because I wasn't interested in managing them. Another quit which will do wonders for my club and player loyalty attribute, no doubt.

Into March and Real Zaragoza came calling, dangling a gold-plated carrot of £30,000,000 in transfer funds for me. They are fighting relegation in the Liga BBVA (Lord knows why with such a strong squad). I took the job because it represents an interesting challenge.

Morale is at rock bottom, the staff are useless and there are a few ageing big-name players in the first team who will be released.

Actually, the club as a whole is in a terrible state. It's going to be fun.

I have done much as OM, but a decent start in the league with 2 wins and 2 draws. Mandanda looks superb, as does Lucho Gonzalez! I am also France manager where i really havent started great with a win v Sweden followed by 2 0-0 draw in the 2 qualifiers. David Trezeguet announced his retirement, but i persuaded him (a day later) to come back :D but cant be the same for Frey who retired after only making hs 3rd cap v Sweden, but he didnt want to return. :(

I'm playing as Shamrock Rovers in Ireland in 2012, I've just gotten them into the Europa League Group Stages and got Sturm Graz, Man U and Deportivo. My Irish Player Policy where I can only sign Irish players is a challenge, but it's working. The finances are in good shape, and I should hopefully be turning professional next season.

EDIT: Turned Professional, Player Policy is gone :D

I'm playing as Shamrock Rovers in Ireland in 2012, I've just gotten them into the Europa League Group Stages and got Sturm Graz, Man U and Deportivo. My Irish Player Policy where I can only sign Irish players is a challenge, but it's working. The finances are in good shape, and I should hopefully be turning professional next season.

My team in 2016 has 4 Columbians :(

My suggestion :cool: Well played Daf.

• 2 weeks later...

Started a rather different save on the FM10 demo, with TKI Tavsanli Linyitspor of the Turkish Second Division Phase 1 Group Stage Group A...phew!! Signed a "great" player who has so far scored 8 in 5 league games and shocking the Turkish football faithful sitting 3rd, miles ahead of my 11th and bottom placed prediction. Just waiting for the main game now to carry on and find out just what happens this low in the Turkish ladder of football

FM10 10.1 Patch Never touch the editor.

Loaded up all home nations and Eire.

After a ropey start to the season got Hampton & Richmond in BSS into the playoff picture at turn of the year. Went top for the 1st time with 10 games left but then hit a patch of draws. With 4 games left i was in contention but really nedeed 4 wins to have a chance of the title. The last game of the season at home to Lewes was a must win , with Lewes a point clear at the top. On a rain sodden pitch Hampton took a 2-0 lead going into the last 20 minutes, then a foul by left back gave Lewes a 79th minute penalty to make it 2-1. However the lads hung on for a famous victory and their first season in BSP.

2010/11 Season

After a 4-3 win at Barrow a 5-2 loss at Mansfield 2-0 Home win v Altrinham 1-1 Home draw v Southport last minute equaliser by Southport 3-0 Away win at Fleetwood possibly performance so far and 0-2 Home defeat v Histon we are currently 8th on 10 Points.

Hoping for a top 10 finish. Getting crowds of around 900 and losing a ton of money every month.

Scouts unearthed a little gem on right wing who at £15 a week on a free is a snip.

Let's see...

I trialled and signed this Danish regen fella in the summer and he did alright, scoring 2 goals in 2 friendlies. I brought him in as a back-up for our main striker, hoping he would be prepared to cover when necessary.

I gave him his first start against a team we were marginally better than. He was bloody awful, doing nothing the entire match and quite frankly, I was worrying about the waste of wage (£300 to be exact!)

I gave him a second chance against a team bottom of the league without a win. We won 5-0. He scored 2 and set up the other three. The moral of the story is always give your players second chances against crap teams!

The End.

FM 10.1

Started my career game on Windows 7. Loaded up some Asian Leagues (Australia, China, Japan), North American Leagues (Canada, USA), and European ones (England, Holland, Italy, Spain). Started out with semi-pro footballer rep and got the Saitama UTD job in the J-League 1. If I stick with this save, I'll make a new thread. :)

Now in my 5th season at Hampton & Richmond. After a successful championship winning 1st season in BSS. I finished in season 10/11 13th

11/12 8th 12/13 2nd beaten in playoff final 1-0 by Mansfield all in BSP

After 5 games of 13/14 season top with 4 wins and a draw.

Sold 25 goal a season striker for 85k finances ok after playoff final and transfer. Turned down several league 2 jobs and Shelbourne in Eire.

Looking for promotion to football league this season.

Should really have been promoted last season but a run of 8 draws in 10 games was my downfall.

Fitzy :cool:

• 3 weeks later...

Started a massive career game (47 leagues in total across North America, South America, Europe, Asia, and Oceania, and partly inspired by Jason the Yank since he loaded quite a lot of leagues as well :D) to play along Persma. Got a job in Saudi Arabia so I'll see how that goes, and if it goes well, I'll make a new thread. :)

Really hope it can last, Performance/Game Speed is 2.5 stars/0.5 stars. :p

Started a massive career game (47 leagues in total across North America, South America, Europe, Asia, and Oceania, and partly inspired by Jason the Yank since he loaded quite a lot of leagues as well :D)

New friends in the SI forums. :**)

Started a massive career game (47 leagues in total across North America, South America, Europe, Asia, and Oceania, and partly inspired by Jason the Yank since he loaded quite a lot of leagues as well :D) to play along Persma. Got a job in Saudi Arabia so I'll see how that goes, and if it goes well, I'll make a new thread. :)

Hope it goes well, your career thread last year was my favourite to read(WH's wasn't far behind).

This year it's probably JtY's so far. This is the only forum outside of OTF that I ever go to.

FM10 10.1 Patch Never touch the editor.

Loaded up all home nations and Eire.

After a ropey start to the season got Hampton & Richmond in BSS into the playoff picture at turn of the year. Went top for the 1st time with 10 games left but then hit a patch of draws. With 4 games left i was in contention but really nedeed 4 wins to have a chance of the title. The last game of the season at home to Lewes was a must win , with Lewes a point clear at the top. On a rain sodden pitch Hampton took a 2-0 lead going into the last 20 minutes, then a foul by left back gave Lewes a 79th minute penalty to make it 2-1. However the lads hung on for a famous victory and their first season in BSP.

2010/11 Season

After a 4-3 win at Barrow a 5-2 loss at Mansfield 2-0 Home win v Altrinham 1-1 Home draw v Southport last minute equaliser by Southport 3-0 Away win at Fleetwood possibly performance so far and 0-2 Home defeat v Histon we are currently 8th on 10 Points.

Hoping for a top 10 finish. Getting crowds of around 900 and losing a ton of money every month.

Scouts unearthed a little gem on right wing who at £15 a week on a free is a snip.

Now in my 5th season at Hampton & Richmond. After a successful championship winning 1st season in BSS. I finished in season 10/11 13th

11/12 8th 12/13 2nd beaten in playoff final 1-0 by Mansfield all in BSP

After 5 games of 13/14 season top with 4 wins and a draw.

Sold 25 goal a season striker for 85k finances ok after playoff final and transfer. Turned down several league 2 jobs and Shelbourne in Eire.

Looking for promotion to football league this season.

Should really have been promoted last season but a run of 8 draws in 10 games was my downfall.

Congratz on ur success with h+r

Atm im in my 19th season with them:

Career Summary:

1st Season: BSS - 1st - Promotion

2nd Season: BSP - 12th - N/A

3rd Season: BSP - 7th - N/A

4th Season: BSP - 3rd - Promotion via Playoffs

5th Season: L2 - 5th - Lost in Playoff Final

6th Season: L2 - 4th - Lost in Playoff Final again, JPT runners up:mad:

7th Season: L2 - 2nd - Promotion, Finally

8th Season: L1 - 14th - N/A

9th Season: L1 - 9th - N/A

10th Season: L1 - 2nd - Promotion

11th Season: CH - 19th - N/A

12th Season: CH - 13th - N/A

13th Season: CH - 8th - N/A

14th Season: CH - 4th - Lost in Playoff Final, i hate playoff finals :mad:

15th Season: CH - 1st - Promotion

16th Season: PRM - 18th - Relegated,went down on the last day :(

17th Season: CH - 1st - Promotion

18th Season: PRM - 17th - N/A

Currently in 14th place after 28 games in my 19th season,

anyway KUTGW with my beloved h+r MANIBOP:thup:

Hope it goes well, your career thread last year was my favourite to read(WH's wasn't far behind).

This year it's probably JtY's so far. This is the only forum outside of OTF that I ever go to.

Thanks. I'll be honest that I didn't really like moving to Ajax in the end (I support PSV, but I wasn't going to let any bias get in the way, but I had to leave the UK at all costs...even if it meant going to a club I hate :D) which kind of made me stop.

The weird thing in my career game atm is that I see so many Canadians in player search that willing to join me in Saudi Arabia :D, but I have uni exams coming up, so I'll hope to finish the season soon, and not fail anything hopefully lol.

This year, I've been following a lot of careers (Raware, DodgeeD, JtY, Terk) and they're all good, although I'm quite interested on how Terk will turn Liverpool around. :thup:

Big is the way to go. ;) My star ratings are low for my game too but the two and a half seasons I've done so far have passed quite quickly. As Jasonthe Yank has said in his thread, picking some leagues that run August to May and others that follow the calender year seems to help. Choosing nations that have only one or two divisions and short cup competitions helps too. :thup: (on that score, I sometimes think I shouldn't have chosen Brazil as I forgot that means a whole bunch of state championships....)

Well I'm using Uncle Ron's DB to regional leagues with a few minor data amendments to some Cray players (such as positions (Tyrone Sterling changed to also be LM, as he is irl)). Just about to finish pre-season, lost my first match to Hednesford 3-2 thanks to a late goal (and I rejected the GH Academy friendly). Only a new keeper and left winger coming in so far but I lost my assisstant manager Joe Francis to a lower league club looking for a manager, so I hired some new bloke as AssMan who's actually quite decent for this level. Got a Puerto Rican RB regen who's looking quite decent and I plan to use him a few times, bleed him in, and against the advice of all my coaches I plan on using a 16 year old Comoros/British/French etc. CM whom I've forgotten the name of (something Momo iirc). About a week into the job I saw Cook Islands looking for a new U19 manager, so I applied. No response yet :(.

I'm not looking forward to this season now. First game of the season, 2-1 win at Aveley (strangely enoguh tht was the exact same fixture as irl, only that was a 1-1 draw), a penalty for both teams, ours converted by Tommy Osborne, and the winner scored by little wonder Lewis Wood who was a star during pre-season. 2nd game, home vs Kingstonian, win 2-0. Osborne twice, and got Cray to the top of the league (\o/). 3rd game at TMU, 0-0 draw. Now things are going wrong, lost the last 2 games without scoring. Lost 1-0 to AFC Horchurch away and before that lost a game 2-0 away, with Tommy Osborne, who up to that point had been a top player in my side, gave away 2 penalties. Might drop him for the next match. I also got a bit of stick for choosing Mark Willy as captain, like he is irl, and I thought I'd made the right choice after the first 3 games. Now we need to see how mad this season ends up, hopefully it won't be relegation, but I don't want promotion as the next season really would be a nightmare, as I need to build a squad over a few seasons.

I pulled off a masterstroke in the last 15 minutes of my FA Cup game against Workington. 2-0 down, been on overload all game since going behind early, move to a 4-3-3 with a trequartista, poacher and complete forward and Rob Quinn scores. Ross Lover then gets an equalizer in stoppage time. Glad that was an away game. Now for the replay I need to deal with.

Quiet in here today :thdn:

Got issues in the start of my 2nd full season with Bidvest Wits. We're winning (2-1-0) but I have all 4 of my WBL/R's out injured or suspended! Not impresed with that, going to have to play centre backs at full back in the next few games.

And now I've had to field a team without 9 players who are travelling back from an U21 game :(. Going to lose in the semis of the Super 8 Cup now. Rubbish.

Thought I'd add a little snippet from my game. I would probably do a proper thread but not sure how the people would react to me starting at my other club AC Milan (I go and watch them in Milan at least five times a year) rather than lower league clubs that most of you seem to start at.

Into second season and being a Charlton Athletic supporter imagine my surprise when a consortium led by ex Crystal Palace Chairman Simon Jordan rolled in and took over Inter Milan! Irony me thinks!

You've got to love optimism. Birmingham have just put in a bid to make my French international winger on loan for the season, The guy has played 50 league games for me (Liverpool) over the past two seasons, placed 3rd in Young Player of the Year two seasons ago and 1st last season. They didn't even want to arrange a future fee. Numpties.

Archived