+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,500 of 1720

Thread: Career Updates Forum Mini Updates Thread

Amateur

I'll exchange winning in the virtual league for signing Gervhino in reality, but thanks.

Amateur

Never heard of Leeds City.... Is it a low tier club?

Heard of Leeds United though.....

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by huggormen View Post

Yeah Leeds City play in the 11th tier of English Football, in the West Yorkshire Premier Division

FC Oss Researcher
    Terrassa, Spain - FC Barcelona Member #174408

Quote Originally Posted by huggormen View Post

they are in the West Yorkshire League Premier Division

EDIT: SNAP

Amateur

Gonna go for half hour guys, brother wants to use the laptop so may aswell grab a drink and something to eat. I will be back around 1

Third Team

Played through almost a season today, might as well continue.

Tonbridge Angels season 2025/26, our second season in the premiership.

Amateur

Nice one , cheers

looks like you really need the all nighter then ;-)

Amateur

I always think every so often "No point in bed tonight" and by about 7am I am so tired, I keep flickering off into sleep, and I normally just fall asleep next to my laptop with FM Still running. I have exams coming up, so trying to get into a nice sleep rythm, so no all-nighters for me.

Amateur

Sounds very familiar, Giggles. Sleep is a stern Mistress.

Semi Pro

I had an all nighter last night and I still haven't been too sleep and I'm not even that tired. What is happening to my body!?

I am Swansea in my first season. Trying to create total football, I am slowly, very slowly getting there. The sad man I am, I haven't got youtube account, videod this move on my phone and uploaded it: http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=29bbsoy&s=7 lovely play, shame it ended with no goal!

Might be around for a while, although might just nod off on my desk

First Team Squad Member

hey Barker, did you ever make any progress with making your self made skin available for download? I was looking forwards to it but I've not seen anything around.

Third Team

Just had 8 of my first time players injured over 3 games during the christmas period. :@

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by aaberdeenn View Post
    hey Barker, did you ever make any progress with making your self made skin available for download? I was looking forwards to it but I've not seen anything around.
    Hi, not yet. I'm almost ready for uploading it, there's just some columns on the Club Confidence screen that need changing from black to green.

I need to find out there location and change them, I've been meaning to do since about a week ago.

But now I have some time off I might get around to doing it.

I'm slipping closer and closer to the relegation zone, just lost 3-2 away at League leaders Nottm Forest.

First Team Squad Member

Good news, thanks for the update.

Amateur

Back now, brother wouldnt give me the laptop until now. Come on Barker, you can stay up

Amateur

Well our FA Vase match wasnt a success losing 1-0 thanks to an own goal.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by The-Perfect-Fm'er! View Post
    I had an all nighter last night and I still haven't been too sleep and I'm not even that tired. What is happening to my body!?

I am Swansea in my first season. Trying to create total football, I am slowly, very slowly getting there. The sad man I am, I haven't got youtube account, videod this move on my phone and uploaded it: http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=29bbsoy&s=7 lovely play, shame it ended with no goal!

Might be around for a while, although might just nod off on my desk
    Nice play mate. I'm more of a defensive type manager cause found out if i get my teams to open up i'd get hammered. After 7 seasons in charge of forest it's gave me steady europa league finishes and 1 champs league spot but probably need to take a chance if i'm to win the league.

Third Team

http://i.imgur.com/GNZII.jpg

I finally got full bars in everything! I'm sleeping now.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsuko View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/GNZII.jpg

I finally got full bars in everything! I'm sleeping now.
    Typing whilst asleep, that's worth a hi-five!

Amateur

Thought i'd mention won my first league game 1-0. Happy man

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by TF View Post
    Thought i'd mention won my first league game 1-0. Happy man
    Also worth a hi-five!

Semi Pro

I never seem to do well in my first 5-10 matches in charge of a club. I normally get things working after that, but it always seems to start poorly...

Anyone else had that?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Some Guy! View Post
    I never seem to do well in my first 5-10 matches in charge of a club. I normally get things working after that, but it always seems to start poorly...

Anyone else had that?
    Once happened in my Chelsea Save, was drawing with the likes of Wigan and West Brom in my first few matches in charge

Semi Pro

Once happened in my Chelsea Save, was drawing with the likes of Wigan and West Brom in my first few matches in charge
    I lost my 3 of my first 4 matches in charge of Brisbane Roar and only won 3 of my first 10 before going on to win the league by 7 points! I just always figured it took time to get the team going.

In other news, Arsenal v Honvéd in the Champions League final. Arsenal are finally in a position to win the Champions League and the bookies think they'll do it.

Early on Arsenal go a goal up through a sublime Sanogo finish!

Honvéd go on the attack and 10 minutes later are back on level terms through a clever Yahaya goal, but Arsenal are looking threatening!

Late in the half a mistake by Djourou gives Yahaya a shot at an empty net, 2-1 Honvéd!

17 year old Mario Moreira dances his way through Arsenal's midfield, defence and rounds the keeper to make it 3-1! Yannick Claverie, Honvéd's top scorer is withdrawn for 19 year old Diego Salomon.

An early cross from Isla is headed in by Sanogo to make it 3-2 with 10 minutes left on the clock. This isn't over yet!

A cross by Alex is fired in on the volley by Saloman with 4 minutes left, 4-2 Honvéd!!

Yahaya beats his man and fires it home, it's his hattrick and 5-2, surely now!

Moreira finishes Arsenal off well and truly in the 94th minute with a simple finish. It ends 6-2! Arsenal look devastated!

Amateur

Same old Arsenal

Semi Pro

How's your Leeds City game going?

Which league structure did you use for them?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Some Guy! View Post
    How's your Leeds City game going?

Which league structure did you use for them?
    Its not going too bad, but stopped playing it for a bit playing one of my other saves.
    RTC's FM 11 to Level 11

Semi Pro

Well, my board just sure did decide to give me a transfer budget of £130 mil!

Amateur

Well thats nice of them!

Semi Pro

Playing away against Norton and Stockton Ancients in the FA Vase First Qualifying Round. We are favourites to win so hopefully it will happen
    N&SA are rubbish tbf. Synthonia is where it's at.

World Cup Winner

Just in case anyone is wondering, I've merged the thread from GD into this thread in the relevant forum. For future reference, this is the forum/thread for save game discussions.

Thanks.

Reserves

Last night I decided to download the Level 11 update from RTC's thread. I decided to be Dunkirk who are a level 9 side. No money to spend as we're amateur . So I can sign as many players as possible. Squad's average with a few stand out players. Which I'm obviously trying to change so that we have a great squad. Got myself a decent ass man. So hopefully we can march on up the leagues together as he's definitely good enough for the BSP imo. Unfortunately he's 65 .

Amateur

Well I started a game as Newcastle (being a Newcastle fan). Accidentally set experience as 'Auto' though - a problem when you loaded down to BSS!

First season went well however, finished 8th - 16W 10D 12L GD-2. Made the FA Cup final, lost to Spurs.

The second season was a problem. Started in the preseason - the side with only minor changes (a new winger, right-back and CB all rotating through) was now completely farcical. Lost all 3 games in a Mexico tour, lost 3-2 to Atletic Madrid after being down 3-0 and lost 1-0 to Celtic. The season started similarly. First clean sheet was 8 games in against a floundering Cardiff. Home loss to Wolves. Losing 2-1 to ManU when leading 1-0 in the 80th min. Drawing 2-2 with Nottingham Forest at home after being 2-0 down. They weren't good results. Then the horror run. Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs and Man City 4 games in a row. I figured if I could survive past the City game I could recover, as easier games against Villa and Fulham promised points.

So much for that. After a 3-0 loss to City I was out on the street. Applied around, highest job offer in England was a failing Bournemouth in League One. Ignored that and kept applying.

Then the interesting offer came in. Tom Tomsk, Russian Premier Division. Finished 12th (of 16) in the 2011 season. Squad was...okay? Desperately needed a 'keeper. Whatever, I can do that.

So, here we go. Against the big guns of Moscow as well as Zenit St. Petersburg, this will be a fight. Should be good though - top 3 are CL places and top 5 into Europe (plus Russian Cup winner I assume). A top 5 place would almost certainly boost this little club's fortunes, and possibly my own. Top 3 coupled with trying to shoot my way into the CL group stages would probably get me a (better, relatively speaking) job back in Western Europe.

got sacked just by norwich in october after surviving just a year with them (so much for taking them to europe) but then a week later everton come calling they're expected to win the league but are struggling just above the relegation zone so now in february and i've taken everton into the playoff places with only 1 loss in my 20 games in charge of everton

Part-Timer

I just lost out on the Swedish Premier title to Malmo by a single point, on the last game of the season - we couldn't beat already relegated Vasteras at home. Still, 2nd in our first season back is pretty decent, and I'll have European football to play for the first time in FM2011. I did beat Malmo in the Swedish Cup final which helped (a run in which we didn't have a single home game!)

I also took the South Korea job, and have played a few friendlies. Started off losing 3-1 to Iceland, not helped by being down to 8 men after 40 minutes. The last 3 friendlies have been better, comfortable wins, and we've got Qatar, Kuwait, and Saudi Arabia in our Asian Cup group which is pretty decent.

I rejected a contract offer from Hacken and I expect to leave when it expires at the end of the 2015 season. I fancy managing in Germany again so hopefully the South Korea job and a decent run in the Europa League will boost my rep enough to get this.
    Last edited by Crispypaul; 13-06-2011 at 13:01.

Amateur

I need some guidance for my career game. So far my career has been as follows:
    Monza - Serie C1A winners
    Reggina - Serie B winners
    Bordeaux - Ligue 1, French cup winners
    Sevilla
    Arsenal - 2 x Premiership winners, FA Cup winners, League Cup winners and Champs League winners
    This is over the course of a 12 year career.

Now I dont know whether to
    A. Carry on at Arsenal and build an empire
    B. Move to another top european club
    C. Move to small foreign club and build them up to Champs League winners.

I dont really want to stay in England (unless the Torquay job came up). Tricky.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by kstoyle View Post
    I need some guidance for my career game. So far my career has been as follows:
    Monza - Serie C1A winners
    Reggina - Serie B winners
    Bordeaux - Ligue 1, French cup winners
    Sevilla
    Arsenal - 2 x Premiership winners, FA Cup winners, League Cup winners and Champs League winners
    This is over the course of a 12 year career.

Now I dont know whether to
    A. Carry on at Arsenal and build an empire
    B. Move to another top european club
    C. Move to small foreign club and build them up to Champs League winners.

I dont really want to stay in England (unless the Torquay job came up). Tricky.
    Go to Portugal. Trying to break the big 3 dominance is a big ask.

Third Team

How in Christ's name does Claus-Dieter Wollitz keep getting jobs? I've never seen him get success and always sacked!!

Third Team

No Taca de Portugal for me this season.

Just lost 4-2 in a horror show against a Second Division North side. And had 2 sent off. Arse.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Deisler26 View Post
    How in Christ's name does Claus-Dieter Wollitz keep getting jobs? I've never seen him get success and always sacked!!
    And yet again, he gets work! This time with 1.FC Nurnberg

Third Team

And I now only have a few non-Portuguese players in my entire team. One is the 37-year old Kim Kallstrom, another is a French/Portuguese loanee and the German Anis Ben-Hatira, along with the Moroccan Jamal Ait Ben Idir in my first team.

I also have a young English AMLC who isn't really cutting it and a Spanish starlet who (hopefully) will gain Portuguese nationality
    Last edited by Deisler26; 13-07-2011 at 14:29.

Part-Timer

Blimey I forgot how long it is since I last posted.

I haven't gone through too much, but the highlights have been:
    - winning the Asian Cup with South Korea I resigned afterwards
    - winning the Swedish Premier Division and Swedish Cup with Hacken, and also winning the Europa League group (technically after I'd resigned, but we were top after 4 of the 6 games!).

So yes, I did quit Hacken after my contract expired and went for pastures new. After turning down a couple of jobs from Roda in the Dutch Premier Division and Inverness Caledonian Thistle in the SPL, I accepted a job at Liga Adelante side Gimnastica Tarragona, mainly due to their good training and youth facilities and the rep boost I'd get from getting them into the Liga BBVA. About 10 games before the end of the season we're just inside the play-off places, in 6th. Unfortunately apart from a game or two tonight I won't be playing for a while as I'm on holiday for 2 weeks.

First Team Regular

This is just insane.

Currently on a 9-match losing streak in which we have scored the grand total of ... ONE goal.

smfh

Third Team

Just knocked Porto out in the semi-final of the Bwin Cup. Ace.

Reserves

I'm Everton in an online game with a mate at the moment. Am I allowed to say anymore seeing as though it's an online game?

Third Team

Say what you like, dude!

Reserves

Ok, 6 games in and I'm 9th. I've just lost my second league game of the season to West Ham. At home! We lost 4-2 at away to Hartlepool in the League Cup 2nd Round and I've sold Heitinga and Saha. Managed to sign Lewis McGugan, Christian Benitez and Eli Sabia as well as Febian Brandy. Benitez has been poor. Beckford has been poor. I've also signed Dale Jennings too. Cahill's injured. There's no depth but I think I can make the Champions League if I can get consistent enough.

World Cup Winner

As a Pompey fan, this is awesome

Youth Team
    I used to chase eggs. Now I am just trying not to respond to eegits.

If I count Play-off Semi-Final losses, I have been Runners up on 18 seperate occasions.

Oh hang on, forgot International Tournaments.....

There is at least 2 more to add to the list then. Can't remember a 3rd but not 100% sure.

Didn't realise quite how many finals I had lost.

World Cup Winner

Bit of a thinly veiled brag, but has anyone else managed to be on the favourite staff list of more than one club at once?

FC United
    Portsmouth

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by dafuge View Post
    Bit of a thinly veiled brag, but has anyone else managed to be on the favourite staff list of more than one club at once?

FC United
    Portsmouth

Yes ;)

Sporting CP
    U.D Leiria

World Cup Winner

Nice one

It is good to see that not everyone is removed from the list when they leave.

Youth Team
    I used to chase eggs. Now I am just trying not to respond to eegits.

Can anyone remember if this was broken on FM09?

I can't even get on at one club.

World Cup Winner

It has always been a bit quirky, sometimes you seem to get on there for something trivial but others don't despite winning numerous titles.

Amateur

Just started up a new career game again, Managing Teg SK of the Second Division N in Sweden (so much for never managing in Sweden again) Teg were Bottom of the league with half the season gone already after 5 games in charge the team are sitting 10th in the relegation playoff spot with 4 games to go.. This could be close!

Amateur

Well to continue the tradition i set i have just saved Teg SK from relegation be it a nail biting last day of the season affair it was a win or get relegated game. Before the game i was sitting 10th in the league and playing 4th HALF TIME 0-0 i dropped to 11th in the table, relegation looked likely FULL TIME 2-0 (87th, 90th) and the team moved up to 6th in the league..talk about leaving it late!.

Third Team

Holy CRAP! WHAT A GAME! Lost 3-2 to PSG, but that really doesn't even cover it.

Third Team

Then a sparkling 2-2 draw with Barca!!

Third Team

And a 0-0 with Olympiakos in which their keeper got a 9.1 and MOM

Part-Timer

So I won the Liga Adelante play-offs with Gimnastic at the first time of asking

I've spent all the clubs money (pretty much) in strengthening the team for Liga BBVA, which I have a feeling will be a struggle. Unfortunately our facilities have been downgraded which isn't good.

Third Team

FC Koln vs Fortuna Dusseldorf (me)

15 - 16 (shots)
    4 - 2 (SOT)

Jesus wept...

Third Team

Ugh. This team has no heart.

Part-Timer

My Gimnastica team went up through the play offs in the end, after finishing 5th. The first season in the Liga BBVA went very well - we finished 6th in the end, qualifying for the Europa League. I had a couple of offers from Everton and Sporting Gijon at the end of the season which I turned down.

I sent a few months at Gimnastic in the 17/18 season but was finding it a bit of a struggle, despite some squad strengthening (including a 33 yr old Wesley Sneijder on a free!). I declared interest in the Spurs job but didn't get, however I then saw the Lazio job come up, applied and was offered it (for 10x my salary!), so accepted my first "big" job.

Lazio were struggling near the bottom of the table despite winning Serie A in 2015, so it appeared that all I needed to do was sort out the morale and remove some pretty bad signings (including an awful 33 year old winger on loan from Man City for £55k a week!). Eventually we went on a 27 game unbeaten run thanks to a new 4-1-3-2 formation, finishing in 3rd place and qualifying for the Champions League group stages (Italy has 4 spots). I'm currently strengthening the squad as we don't have enough home grown players yet, so I'm trawling the Italian U21 team for some players.

In addition, I took the Senegal job at the end of 2017. Senegal had already qualified for the 2018 World Cup fortunately, but in the meantime there were a few ANC qualifiers needed doing, which we won comfortably (including an 8-0 win against Malawi).

In the World Cup, we drew a suprisingly decent group of England, Israel, and Japan. I've played one game so far against England, and to my surprise it was a 1-1 draw, our opener being cancelled out by free kick from Ryan Bertrand.

First Team Regular

I have started a new game after losing my 60 year long FM09 save.

I am Carshalton, on FM09, it's 2010 and I have 40 year old Dean Windass leading the line.

Reserves

I'm loving this game. I just lost my 2 best strikers because of a damaged spine and a torn MCL... :mad:

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by rancer890 View Post
    I'm loving this game. I just lost my 2 best strikers because of a damaged spine and a torn MCL... :mad:
    I really loving this game now. And no I'm not being sarcastic!

Amateur

Just started a new career game. Loaded all leagues in England, Scotland, France, Holland and Sweden.

Starting unemployed with Sunday league rep I got a few different offers but took Annelunds IF in the Swedish Second Div West.

After 12 games I am sitting in 2nd, four points behind the leaders. Need to make my run soon though as it is only a 22 game season.

Not much room in the finances for signing so have just brought in a lot of youngsters on loan - 6 in fact! Does anyone know what the Swedish loan limit is?

Amateur

Jinxed it with that post. Faded terribly in the second half of the season to finish 6th Let the off-season rebuilding begin...

Third Team

Trying to be successful with the bane of my FM life. A 4-5-1.

Amateur

My friend and I have a literally mental network game going at the minute. Currently we are in season 2030-2031 and have transformed Wales into a nation that is actually half decent.

We started off being the two teams predicted to be bottom of the league in the first season - Bala (me) and Haverfordwest (him) - and it took about three seasons until we were the dominant forces in Wales. I think it’s now been over 15 seasons since we haven’t been the top two, and we are both now classed as “legendary/world class” managers after bringing in so many trophies to the clubs.

Europe has been a consistent struggle, Europa League qualifying is basically impossible so the league leader has to carry the baton for us in the Champions League - qualification is much easier in the CL - and it was a challenge just to get the co-efficient up. Anyway, after 21 seasons we finally have two CL qualification places, including one that automatically enters at the group stages.

The key to the start is to bring in players from the lower divisions in England, I had a 33 year old Mackail-Smith leading the line for a sizable period of time and he ripped the WPL apart. Gradually the reputation of the league increases and better players, mainly youth, become available. My mate now has a player who has been called up to the England squad playing for him, with us both having plenty of full and youth internationals in our teams. Wales’ division has improved too, it is now the 14th most reputed competition in the World - league rep does work - and there is a lot more money/reputation (£1 million in TV rights, £1.4 million for winning the major cup) so now every club is proffesional and attracting some decent talent (probably equivalent to League One).

As for our fortunes in Europe, my mate has qualyfied from his Champions League group for two seasons running, whilst last season I managed to get into the last 16 of the Europa League before losing on away goals to Benfica - my striker missed a CCC in the last minute of this game too, he was promptly dropped - so we are starting to compete on the European stage. The overall aim is to win a Champions League, I think one of us might do it within 10 seasons time.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Peterborough United Allstars View Post
    My friend and I have a literally mental network game going at the minute. Currently we are in season 2030-2031 and have transformed Wales into a nation that is actually half decent.

We started off being the two teams predicted to be bottom of the league in the first season - Bala (me) and Haverfordwest (him) - and it took about three seasons until we were the dominant forces in Wales. I think it’s now been over 15 seasons since we haven’t been the top two, and we are both now classed as “legendary/world class” managers after bringing in so many trophies to the clubs.

Europe has been a consistent struggle, Europa League qualifying is basically impossible so the league leader has to carry the baton for us in the Champions League - qualification is much easier in the CL - and it was a challenge just to get the co-efficient up. Anyway, after 21 seasons we finally have two CL qualification places, including one that automatically enters at the group stages.

The key to the start is to bring in players from the lower divisions in England, I had a 33 year old Mackail-Smith leading the line for a sizable period of time and he ripped the WPL apart. Gradually the reputation of the league increases and better players, mainly youth, become available. My mate now has a player who has been called up to the England squad playing for him, with us both having plenty of full and youth internationals in our teams. Wales’ division has improved too, it is now the 14th most reputed competition in the World - league rep does work - and there is a lot more money/reputation (£1 million in TV rights, £1.4 million for winning the major cup) so now every club is proffesional and attracting some decent talent (probably equivalent to League One).

As for our fortunes in Europe, my mate has qualyfied from his Champions League group for two seasons running, whilst last season I managed to get into the last 16 of the Europa League before losing on away goals to Benfica - my striker missed a CCC in the last minute of this game too, he was promptly dropped - so we are starting to compete on the European stage. The overall aim is to win a Champions League, I think one of us might do it within 10 seasons time.
    This actually sounds great and loads of fun lol! I would love to have a save like that

Third Team

OH SWEET AGONY!!

I just typed out a season review and it ALL went at the touch of a button and won't come back. I've got no idea how I did it.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by CrD View Post
    This actually sounds great and loads of fun lol! I would love to have a save like that
    It's brilliant! Both of us are addicted at the minute. Last season we played each other in the title decider on the last day of the season. Both of us were locked on 80 points, having lost twice previously, but I had the lead on goal difference so only needed a draw, at his place. After taking the lead I was relatively confident of holding out, but he levelled just before HT. As the clock hit 60 minutes, I went to my trusty 4-1-4-1 (that has been the key to beating teams like Zenit in Europe) to hold out. 70 minutes and he was yet to have a shot since changing to the formation. I was almost there. Yet, just as the clock ticked onto the 75th minute his Serbian international took aim and lashed into the top corner from 30 yards. I promptly chucked everything forward, but it was to no avail and he knicked another goal at the end. To make things worse I was round his house at the time so had to put up with his celebrations, whilst I was crying on the floor. The most dramatic title chase since about to 2015/2016 season when I experienced my most annoying FM moment ever...

I was winning the title, 92 minutes had been played, away at TNS and I was leading 3-2. I had to win to secure the title. 2 minutes were due to be added on, and I broke forward, on counter, and the ball fell to my RW who had enjoyed a great season, somehow though he managed to miss and hit the post from 2 yards out. 3-2 it remained and the Facebook message of "congratulations" had been typed. This was my year. Yet the rebound off the post fell to their CB who hacked the ball up field, my best centre half (who has now played over 400 games for the club), went up to make a standard clearance but somehow missed the ball and allowed their striker to go one-on-one and he finished in style, making the score 3-3 and allowing my mate to win the league on goal difference. Heartbreaking.

This season has been good, we are top 2 again, although Steven Jovetic and Goytre (just after being promoted) are relatively close - 6 points behind - as we head into January. Neither of us have hit top form in the WPL unfortunately, we have both already lost more games than we did last year but this is mainly due a succesion of smash and grab victories. Everyone plays 4-1-4-1 against us now! Europe has been fantastic though. My friend, in the Champions League, managed to get out of a group containing Barcelona - who he drew 0-0 at home with, with 10 men - and Galatasaray, finishing 2nd. Whilst my progression was far more dramatic. I had to go away to Maccabi Haifi, needing a win/draw to progress. I had done the double over them in the 3rd round of Champions League qualifying to travelled to Tel Aviv confident, despite the fact I drew 0-0 with them at home in the group, but went 1-0 down early. I had turned it around before HT, making it 2-1 and was convinced I was going to coast through. They had done nothing in terms of chances. Yet, after scoring a corner (as is a common theme in Europe) and then a 35 yard screamer I was looking at heading out. I wacked on my impact sub, an absoulte donkey who is just quick, and changed to 4-2-4 and 5 minutes from time managed to grab an equaliser and hold on!

I have been given Galatasaray in the last 32 and it is a winable tie. Napoli/Atletico Madrid wait in the next round, however, and I doubt I'll be able to beat either of those sides, both of whom are far superior to my squad. I'm still content with the progress that has been made though.

On an aside my striker won the European golden boot last season, with an incredible 46 goals, putting him amongst the likes of Lionel Messi and Christiano Ronaldo, as well as some crazy re-gens.

I'll keep you updated with our European adventures/title fight this season. If anyone has any questions about Wales, let me know, you should definitely set one up there though if you're looking at a new game.

Youth Team

Trying to go a season unbeaten but cant seem to do it. just lost to liverpool 1-0 already this season.

Amateur

I'll keep you updated with our European adventures/title fight this season. If anyone has any questions about Wales, let me know, you should definitely set one up there though if you're looking at a new game.
    I'm deffinately looking at starting a new game, I'm currently just bitting and bobbing around the world at mine to find a low club that I can get interested in, still haven't found that club yet but I haven't tried any team's in Scotland Ireland or Wales just aload of countries abroad and England! I will look into this,

Amateur

1 country loaded, large database loaded. Trying to take a new European nation to the top from scratch. Making progress after 10 years. Naturalized a bunch of Brazilians and Germans to finish 5th in Euro qualifiers. League payouts have climbed to over $100K and we're on the brink of gaining a 5th spot in club continental play.

However, the real surprise is Belgium. They've gone 26-0-2 in the past three Euro/WC qualifiers (granted, some weak groups) and went to the semi-final in the latest Euro Championship and final in the World Cup. Brilliant performances.

Third Team

I believe this could be described as 'tight':

To make things spicier, Hartlepool face Huddersfield on the final day. Hartlepool are also my previous club, so I would rather like it if we could go up at their expense.

While Orient go to mid-table Bournemouth, we must take care of business at relegated Barnet, who have only won three matches this side of Christmas. It's there for the taking. Most crucial teamtalk of the season coming up...

World Cup Winner

That's a pretty tight scenario. 1 & 3 to draw leaving you to win?

Semi Pro

If Huddersfield win, you have no chance, a draw is ideal but a Hartlepool win wouldn't hurt unless you don't win.

Third Team

The outcome:

Phew! What could have been a tense afternoon at Underhill turned into a 3-0 stroll, thanks to Barnet already being on the beach with their buckets and spades. I told half my team 'We can win this' and some key creative/attacking players 'No Pressure', but I probably could have said 'Just don't trip over their sandcastles' for all the enthusiasm Barnet had left in them.

Leyton Orient enjoyed an identical result but it wasn't enough, because despite Huddersfield creating more chances, having more shots on target and playing with a man advantage for half an hour, a single own goal by a loanee defender gifted automatic promotion to lucky Hartlepool. Ouch!

World Cup Winner

Lucky Hartlepool

Amateur

Well it wasn't quite the fairy-tale ending to a European season that we wanted as both of us went out of the competition at the stage that I had posted. Haverfordwest (managed by my mate) nearly made it passed Real Madrid, but just couldn't get the goal they needed in Madrid and went out 3-2 on aggregate. Meanwhile I went out on away goals to Galatasaray, drawing both games.

In the title race, my form was dreadful after a European exit and Haverfordwest won the league at a canter really. I did knock them out of the Welsh Cup and go on to win that tournament - with a 3-0 victory over Llanelli in the final - and took home the massive £1.5 millon prize fund for winning the competition. Haverfordwest added the Loosemoore's League cup to their trophy cabinet.

This season in Europe, I was given a tie against Panathanikos in the "best placed play-off 3rd round" that the second placed team in Wales is entered into. It's a tough draw as it is the top teams from the top divisions that play in it so I was relatively pleased with the tie I was given. A 1-1 home draw in the first leg, on paper, doesn't look too bad but I had mustered up 4 CCC's and taken 28 shots during the game so was disappointed not to at least win the match. I ran away with the game in Greece, though and was rarely threatened picking up a comfortable 2-0 victory and ensuring European football this season (after getting to the 4th round of qualifying you are garunteed at least the Europa League, if you lose the final qualifying round).

The 4th round draw has proved somewhat of an impossible task to get through in recent years and as an unseeded team, again, I did not expect much. However, I got the easiest team in the pot, Galatasaray, and was delighted - Manchester United and Napoli were seeded teams I could have got. It was also a chance to get a bit of revenge for last year in the Europa League. Unfortunately FM threw up a glitch and put Haverfordwest in the same qualification process - they should have entered the normal 4th round qualifying - but they were seeded. Again, unfortunately, they were granted a tie against a tough PSV side.

The home leg came and I was expecting a tough game. I had only made one improvement to my first team, at centre back, with youth a priority - one of my former players has now been capped for England - so I was expecting another tough game. Instead it was an easy victory, in a match I dominated and managed to pick up a 3-1 victory to take away. The only frustration for me was the away goal I had conceded, but after drawing there last season I felt I already had one foot in the Champions League. However, Galatasaray clearly were hurt with a defeat and threw men forward. I have never seen a team start in such an attacking strategy from the start. It paid off, with 3 first half goals I was just hoping to stop them scoring again. My usual counter strategy was still leaving me too short at the back, so I went to defensive to gain a bit of respite. It worked, as the Turkish side broke forward looking to kill the game off, my striker went forward and tucked home a great finish to level the tie on aggregate. Still they came forward, but I always felt we could hit them on the counter - especially after they adopted a 3-2-4 formation after going down to ten men due to a sending off. 90 minutes finished and after a brilliant game, that could have seen easy team win we headed to extra time. I was hoping my 1 man advantage would prove the difference, but extra-time lacked the excitment of 90 minutes with both sides struggling for fitness. In the 119th minute Galatasaray got a free-kick on the edge of my area, I am always wary from free-kicks in Europe as they have proved a valuable source of goals for my opposition on numerous occasions. As the ball came in, my keeper came out and claimed the cross before launching the ball up-field to my striker, who somehow broke clear of the last man and stubbed his shot in off the post to put Bala Town into the Champions League group stages.

Haverfordwest, on the other hand, had less luck and succumbed to a 3-0 aggregate defeat to PSV meaning that we would not be able to get two teams to the group stages for the first time in Welsh history, but 1 in the Champions League and one in the Europa League is now par for the course and maintains a good co-efficient, especially as the Europa League is a competition where we can realistically reach the latter stages in now.

My group draw is fairly tough with Bayern, PSV and Austria Wien but I'm confident I can grab third place and at least get to the knock-out stages of the Europa League, whilst I'm almost convinced Haverfordwest will get there after being dealt out a decent group.

Amateur

Man, I'm taking a financial bath on the transfer market. Second-rate clubs jack up their prices 200% the players' value and within a year bigger teams want them at no more than 50% of their value. And these big clubs never stop inquiring so the player eventually becomes upset they can't join them. Where's the ROI? Jerks! All of them!

Amateur

Decided to do a big game before FM12 comes out. I've loaded all leagues from the Caribbean/Central America, most from Asia and all from Oceana

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dan BHTFC View Post
    Decided to do a big game before FM12 comes out. I've loaded all leagues from the Caribbean/Central America, most from Asia and all from Oceana
    Interesting choice, none from Europe or South America.

Just started a Leicester save with the aim of only signing British players cannot decide if I should allow myself to loan in non-British players.

Amateur

I've got England as view only

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by AcidBurn View Post
    Just started a Leicester save with the aim of only signing British players cannot decide if I should allow myself to loan in non-British players.
    Good choice sir I'd stick to signing only British players, for a challenge.

Part-Timer

Well, I just had my best performance in any FM only to come crashing down in the World Cup final by letting up a Rooney goal in the 3rd minute of stoppage time .

A few days ago, I decided to start a Uruguay save to take a break from my Vard career thread. I never expected myself to get so enthralled in the save as I did. The first season went well. We had won all our matches including a 10-0 record breaking win over Montserrat and a 6-2 win over Chile. A good start to a great campaign. I also decided to use a great player named Abel Hernandez in front. He's proved outstanding in his international career, scoring 30 goals in 31 matches. A bit disappointing that he was out of the World Cup because of injury, but I'll save that for later.

2010 Results
    Uruguay 10-0 Montserrat
    Uruguay 6-2 Chile

The beginning of the 2011 international season saw us with some rather mixed results. A large highlight would have to be the 2-2 draw against Germany. A 1-2 loss against Spain also was a very good result for us, as Spain were ranked one at the time. A good 4-0 win over Estonia just before the 2011 Copa America saw us end our friendlies for the time being. The Copa America was a rather disaster. We started out with a great 6-0 win over Bolivia. Abel Hernandez scored 4 in that match for us, an amazing amount of goals for him. Our winning period was rather brief as it saw us lose 1-2 to Paraguay in our next match. What followed was a disappointing 2-2 draw against Mexico, leaving us with just third place in the group and qualifying in the next round against... Brazil. Surely an impossible match for us and indeed it was. We went on to lose 1-2 and headed home with a bit of disappointment. We then had a few friendlies before the World Cup Qualifying began. We won all 3, with the highlight being a 7-0 win over the British Virgin Islands and an amazing 2-0 win over Brazil, surely getting revenge for the Copa America. We then began our qualifying with a great 7-0 win over Venezuela. What folllowed were 2 more wins and 1 loss, the loss being to Paraguay as they beat us 4-0 in a match that definitely could have gone either way. We had our pros and cons, but overall it was a good year.

2011 Results
    Uruguay 6-0 Bolivia
    Uruguay 7-0 British Virgin Islands
    Uruguay 2-0 Brazil
    Uruguay 7-0 Venezuela

The 2012 season was a rather simple one, playing one friendly and five World Cup qualifiers. Three of those matches were wins and two were losses. The wins being over Argentina, Peru, and Bolivia. The losses were against Colombia and Chile. The highlight perhaps is the 3-0 win over Argentina, absolutely dominating them in that match. Another rather large victory was yet another 7-0 win, this time over Bolivia.

2012 Results
    Uruguay 3-0 Argentina
    Uruguay 7-0 Bolivia

The year that followed saw us finish off the qualifying with some big victories. A 5-0 thrashing over Venezuela was just the start of our year, winning 6-0 over Paraguay and 6-1 over Ecuador in our next two matches. A 2-3 loss against Argentina and a 2-0 loss against Chile took us out of first place in the qualifying group. A 4-1 thrashing of Bolivia confirmed our position, second in the South American Qualifying with a 38 goal difference, 55 goals for and 17 goals against. Argentina finished with 36 points while we finished right behind tied with Colombia with 33 points, but a greater goal difference saw us finish second. 2 more friendlies followed with a 3-2 comeback over Costa Rica and a decent 2-0 win over Chinese Taipei.

2013 Results
    Uruguay 5-0 Venezuela
    Uruguay 6-0 Paraguay
    Uruguay 6-1 Ecuador
    World Cup South American Qualifying Section

We began the year with a friendly directly before the World Cup. This friendly was Jamaica, which we were easily able to come out victorious with a good 5-1. Our World Cup groups were drawn a bit earlier. I had been given one of the hardest groups in the World Cup, being matched up with the likes of Belgium, Portugal, and Congo. Sadly, Abel Hernandez would not be joining us for this years World Cup because of a torn hamstring. Our first match should have been the easiest, instead, it turned out to be the most difficult. Despite dominating with 61% posession and 7 more shots on target, we weren't able to convert and lost 1-0 to the African team. A second match against Belgium followed. I knew I had to win this to have a chance. We slightly dominated them, having a 58% possession and 2 more shots on target. We happened to beat Belgium 3-1 in the closing minutes of the match, a match that kept me on the edge of my seat the whole way through. The final match was against Portugal, the hardest team in the group. I thought I would have absolutely no chance against them. Sitting one point ahead of Portugal, I needed a draw here to make it to the next round. The game started off horribly with Orlando Sa scoring for Portugal in the 11th minute. The lead was quickly doubled by Cristiano Ronaldo in the 35th minute. The second half went by quick, with 30 minutes going directly by with not a single highlight. At the 73rd minute, we stepped up for a corner. Bruno Alvez had actually scored an own goal for us. 1-2 down, we had a bit of a chance now despite having seventeen minutes left in the game. Another 12 minutes passed, I thought this was the end of my run. Then suddenly, we stepped up for another corner. Lugano was there to meet the ball and give us the surprise draw in the 85th minute that took us to the group stage. A phenomenal comeback.

The second round met us with a near impossible draw. Brazil, the hosts of the World Cup. Brazil, the team that had knocked us out of the Copa America three years back. A horrible team to get drawn against. I thought this would be the end one again. The match started with Kaka scoring a goal in the 6th minute off a penalty. I knew that would just be the beginning of the scoring, but my attitude quickly changed as Pereira scored two consecutive goals in the 14th and 21st minute to put us up ahead. We were quickly denied our lead as Neymar scored a goal in the 45th minute. 6 minutes later, Cavani took the lead for us against making the match 3-2. About twenty minutes later, Neymar scored his second and one I thought surely would help them achieve victory. Boy, I was wrong. In the 4th minute of stoppage time, Gimenez was the one to give us victory by scoring off a freekick. And boy, I was delighted. This took us into the quarterfinal against... Argentina. Argentina?!?! Did I look at that right? Yet another near impossible team for us to beat. No breaks for us sadly. The first half went by quickly with both teams having a good chance of taking the lead. None did. As soon as the second half arrived, that changed. Cavani opened the scoring in the 55th minute only to be quickly equalized by Aguero in the 58th minute. Another goal by Aguero in the 74th minute convinced me this time I was knocked out after a great run. But to my surprise, we equalized 5 minutes later through Castro. Five minutes after that, we took the lead through Suarez with just six minutes left in the match. Another amazing comeback saw us win again in the closing minutes of the match, this time over Argentina.

Seeing how Mexico had successfully made it to the semifinals, I thought we might finally be given a break and would be able to face them. Boy, was I wrong. We had the hardest draw of them all, this time against... Spain. Spain, the winners of the 2010 World Cup. The Spain that had been in the top 5 of the World Rankings for the last four years. Another impossible match for us, but we were getting quite good at them. Surprisingly, this one turned out to be a domination. In just the 7th minute, Cavani scored our first goal of the match. At the 42nd minute, Suarez doubled that lead. Yet again, this time in the 54th minute, Cavani scored to take us 3-0 up against Spain. A penalty was the only chance they really had, and they took it well pulling one back in the 62nd minute. Alba was sent off for Spain in the 1st minute of stoppage time to make things worse for the European team. Another great victory for us, an absolute dominate one.

Then came the finals, a match where all you had worked so hard to get to came crashing down on you so hard that you thought you would never achieve this level again, and that's exactly what I thought and is probably true. We had to play England, as they defeated Mexico 2-0. Our final test. The match started off easy, both teams creating chances and nobody could predict the outcome. By the half, we both had our chances and we slightly dominated. A 0-0 score was on the board as we stepped out to start the second half. Another 45 minutes passed rather quickly. Not many chances were created. We slightly dominated possession with 52%. A few yellows had been handed out to players on both sides. Then came the stoppage time, the same stoppage time which we were able to pass by Brazil in. The same one that had helped us achieve so many things, but this time, it was different. A quick possession by the English team saw them get downfield only to see Huddlestone play Rooney in and give the English team the victory in the 3rd minute of stoppage time. I was speechless, a last minute defeat after all we had went through. So, so close to an amazing victory and perhaps the largest cup in Uruguay's history since the 1950 World Cup. Sadly, this wasn't the case. A 1-0 loss to England was all that was needed to knock us out in the finals. A bit devastating if I might add. I'm sure all you English will be a bit happy about it though . Anyways, that's what I have been doing lately.

2014 Results
    Uruguay 0-1 DR Congo
    Uruguay 3-1 Belgium
    Uruguay 2-2 Portugal
    Uruguay 4-3 Brazil
    Uruguay 3-2 Argentina
    Uruguay 3-1 Spain
    Uruguay 0-1 England

Third Team

So..... 4-0 down in 20 mins.

World Cup Winner

Does anyone remember San Marino 1-7 England?

I do, and every time I tell someone I saw England play San Marino they mention it. Just a shame that it wasn't this game I saw, it was the 6-0 win at Wembley.

Anyway, this game just reminded me of that.

Anyone else gone an early goal down and then turned it into a rout?

Youth Team

didnt England struggle against #san Marino in past few years

World Cup Winner

I don't think they have met since 1993.

Youth Team

I don't think they have met since 1993.
    Yeah you are right just checked then.

Youth Team

I remember it well, Psycho giving the ball away after just 8/9 seconds. As a Forest fan, I got a bit of stick for that...and in 1990 . He made amends though in 1996. Shame no-one has the same passion for England now.

World Cup Winner

Here's the away game, just a shame they weren't the other way around!

Amateur

After taking Moyola Park from midtable div 2 in N.I to finishing midtable in the N.I prem with only youth products, after 17 years in charge i've finally made it as part of the Northern Ireland set-up albeit as manager of the U19s but still it's a start.

Third Team

So... I've just brought in 23 players...

First Team Squad Member

So... I've just brought in 23 players...
    Why so many?

Semi Pro
    Somewhere between Yael Stone and Laura Prepon (@_meestercat)

I'm attempting my first 'proper' career/journeyman save and it's a real eye opener.

My team (Dover) are such a Jekyll and Hyde team: We generally win our home games by large margins, with often excellent free flowing football (a wingers cross being met by the other winger, lovely through balls, 25 yard scorchers, etc), but then lose our away games by similarly large margins. We're somehow in 2nd place in March of the first season, but by god it's frustrating.

Is it possible for one to have a half decent defense in the BSS? The full-backs aren't too bad, but the centre backs are dreadful; losing their man, watching him saunter past with the ball, constantly missing headers, even just plain ignoring through balls. I've tried about 5 different CBs all to no avail. What sort of attribute levels should I be looking for at this level, and what are prized attributes for a BSS centre back?

Part-Timer

Does anyone remember San Marino 1-7 England?

I do, and every time I tell someone I saw England play San Marino they mention it. Just a shame that it wasn't this game I saw, it was the 6-0 win at Wembley.

Anyway, this game just reminded me of that.

Anyone else gone an early goal down and then turned it into a rout?
    Sheriff are crap in my game too. I'll see if I can post a screenshot of their 6 games in the Champions League in my game (think they lost 11-0 to Bayern Munich for instance).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast