+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Career Updates Forum Mini Updates Thread

World Cup Winner

Default Career Updates Forum Mini Updates Thread

Fancy giving us a snippet of your career without feeling the need to open a new thread? Here's the place to do it!
    Last edited by dafuge; 03-05-2010 at 17:26.

Banned

Default Re: Career Updates Forum Anecdote Thread

Ok then....

As said in the All-Nighter thread last night, after just over a season with Hoffenheim I quit despite taking them into Europe for the first time and building a strong squad. I was annoyed by the players constantly wanting out to join a bigger club even though we were going places ourselves.

So after a short time I was offered a job with Feyenoord but when I clicked 'reject' on the job offer screen and 'confirm' it turns out I'd clicked 'accept' (heehee ). I only lasted 65 days or so because I wasn't interested in managing them. Another quit which will do wonders for my club and player loyalty attribute, no doubt.

Into March and Real Zaragoza came calling, dangling a gold-plated carrot of £30,000,000 in transfer funds for me. They are fighting relegation in the Liga BBVA (Lord knows why with such a strong squad). I took the job because it represents an interesting challenge.
    Morale is at rock bottom, the staff are useless and there are a few ageing big-name players in the first team who will be released.
    Actually, the club as a whole is in a terrible state. It's going to be fun.

First Team Squad Member

I have done much as OM, but a decent start in the league with 2 wins and 2 draws. Mandanda looks superb, as does Lucho Gonzalez! I am also France manager where i really havent started great with a win v Sweden followed by 2 0-0 draw in the 2 qualifiers. David Trezeguet announced his retirement, but i persuaded him (a day later) to come back but cant be the same for Frey who retired after only making hs 3rd cap v Sweden, but he didnt want to return.

Amateur

I'm playing as Shamrock Rovers in Ireland in 2012, I've just gotten them into the Europa League Group Stages and got Sturm Graz, Man U and Deportivo. My Irish Player Policy where I can only sign Irish players is a challenge, but it's working. The finances are in good shape, and I should hopefully be turning professional next season.

EDIT: Turned Professional, Player Policy is gone
    Last edited by AdamFitz; 11-10-2009 at 15:26.

Youth Team

currently united in 2014 won the lot getting bored of of it now though as waiting for fm10 to start a good career came in the lower leagues

Youth Team
    Irish people like football, they just dont like Irish football

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFitz View Post
    I'm playing as Shamrock Rovers in Ireland in 2012, I've just gotten them into the Europa League Group Stages and got Sturm Graz, Man U and Deportivo. My Irish Player Policy where I can only sign Irish players is a challenge, but it's working. The finances are in good shape, and I should hopefully be turning professional next season.

My team in 2016 has 4 Columbians

My suggestion Well played Daf.

Semi Pro

HAHA HA HA HA!!

And I thought I was doing badly (I'm Arsenal!)

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by GreyedOutMan View Post
    HAHA HA HA HA!!

And I thought I was doing badly (I'm Arsenal!)
    What year is that

Semi Pro

We're at the end of the 2019-20 season

Amateur

Worst team to be relegated on mine were Everton, Man U just scraped 16th in 2014.

Amateur

Started a rather different save on the FM10 demo, with TKI Tavsanli Linyitspor of the Turkish Second Division Phase 1 Group Stage Group A...phew!! Signed a "great" player who has so far scored 8 in 5 league games and shocking the Turkish football faithful sitting 3rd, miles ahead of my 11th and bottom placed prediction. Just waiting for the main game now to carry on and find out just what happens this low in the Turkish ladder of football

Amateur

FM10 10.1 Patch Never touch the editor.

Loaded up all home nations and Eire.

After a ropey start to the season got Hampton & Richmond in BSS into the playoff picture at turn of the year. Went top for the 1st time with 10 games left but then hit a patch of draws. With 4 games left i was in contention but really nedeed 4 wins to have a chance of the title. The last game of the season at home to Lewes was a must win , with Lewes a point clear at the top. On a rain sodden pitch Hampton took a 2-0 lead going into the last 20 minutes, then a foul by left back gave Lewes a 79th minute penalty to make it 2-1. However the lads hung on for a famous victory and their first season in BSP.
    2010/11 Season
    After a 4-3 win at Barrow a 5-2 loss at Mansfield 2-0 Home win v Altrinham 1-1 Home draw v Southport last minute equaliser by Southport 3-0 Away win at Fleetwood possibly performance so far and 0-2 Home defeat v Histon we are currently 8th on 10 Points.

Hoping for a top 10 finish. Getting crowds of around 900 and losing a ton of money every month.
    Scouts unearthed a little gem on right wing who at £15 a week on a free is a snip.

First Team Regular

Didn't involve me, but I saw a Brazilian team go through 4 managers in 7 months. One of them lasted 6 days.

First Team Regular

Just discovered in the Transfer Rumors that I'm being linked with random American players.

Reserves

Let's see...

I trialled and signed this Danish regen fella in the summer and he did alright, scoring 2 goals in 2 friendlies. I brought him in as a back-up for our main striker, hoping he would be prepared to cover when necessary.

I gave him his first start against a team we were marginally better than. He was bloody awful, doing nothing the entire match and quite frankly, I was worrying about the waste of wage (£300 to be exact!)

I gave him a second chance against a team bottom of the league without a win. We won 5-0. He scored 2 and set up the other three. The moral of the story is always give your players second chances against crap teams!

The End.

Reserves

FM 10.1

Started my career game on Windows 7. Loaded up some Asian Leagues (Australia, China, Japan), North American Leagues (Canada, USA), and European ones (England, Holland, Italy, Spain). Started out with semi-pro footballer rep and got the Saitama UTD job in the J-League 1. If I stick with this save, I'll make a new thread.

Amateur

Now in my 5th season at Hampton & Richmond. After a successful championship winning 1st season in BSS. I finished in season 10/11 13th
    11/12 8th 12/13 2nd beaten in playoff final 1-0 by Mansfield all in BSP
    After 5 games of 13/14 season top with 4 wins and a draw.
    Sold 25 goal a season striker for 85k finances ok after playoff final and transfer. Turned down several league 2 jobs and Shelbourne in Eire.
    Looking for promotion to football league this season.
    Should really have been promoted last season but a run of 8 draws in 10 games was my downfall.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFitz View Post

Fitzy

First Team Regular

From my career game, not involving me though.

Stuart Pearce took over as England manager after South Africa '10. Lasted barely a year, replaced with Steve Bruce.

ul, Englishers.

Reserves

Wow. Guus Hiddink took not qualifying for Euro 2012 with Russia really hard. He retired from football altogether

Reserves

Started a massive career game (47 leagues in total across North America, South America, Europe, Asia, and Oceania, and partly inspired by Jason the Yank since he loaded quite a lot of leagues as well ) to play along Persma. Got a job in Saudi Arabia so I'll see how that goes, and if it goes well, I'll make a new thread.

Really hope it can last, Performance/Game Speed is 2.5 stars/0.5 stars.

First Team Regular

Quote Originally Posted by rancer890 View Post
    Started a massive career game (47 leagues in total across North America, South America, Europe, Asia, and Oceania, and partly inspired by Jason the Yank since he loaded quite a lot of leagues as well )
    New friends in the SI forums. :**)

Part-Timer
    Dinamo Moscow - please visit my thread in the career updates forum.

'Very insecure' at Eintracht Frankfurt. God, some people don't know when they're onto a good thing

Third Team

Started a massive career game (47 leagues in total across North America, South America, Europe, Asia, and Oceania, and partly inspired by Jason the Yank since he loaded quite a lot of leagues as well ) to play along Persma. Got a job in Saudi Arabia so I'll see how that goes, and if it goes well, I'll make a new thread.

Hope it goes well, your career thread last year was my favourite to read(WH's wasn't far behind).

This year it's probably JtY's so far. This is the only forum outside of OTF that I ever go to.

Semi Pro
    Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career 2011, Minecraft username: aparke1

Quote Originally Posted by MANIBOP View Post
    FM10 10.1 Patch Never touch the editor.

Loaded up all home nations and Eire.

After a ropey start to the season got Hampton & Richmond in BSS into the playoff picture at turn of the year. Went top for the 1st time with 10 games left but then hit a patch of draws. With 4 games left i was in contention but really nedeed 4 wins to have a chance of the title. The last game of the season at home to Lewes was a must win , with Lewes a point clear at the top. On a rain sodden pitch Hampton took a 2-0 lead going into the last 20 minutes, then a foul by left back gave Lewes a 79th minute penalty to make it 2-1. However the lads hung on for a famous victory and their first season in BSP.
    2010/11 Season
    After a 4-3 win at Barrow a 5-2 loss at Mansfield 2-0 Home win v Altrinham 1-1 Home draw v Southport last minute equaliser by Southport 3-0 Away win at Fleetwood possibly performance so far and 0-2 Home defeat v Histon we are currently 8th on 10 Points.

Hoping for a top 10 finish. Getting crowds of around 900 and losing a ton of money every month.
    Scouts unearthed a little gem on right wing who at £15 a week on a free is a snip.

Quote Originally Posted by MANIBOP View Post
    Now in my 5th season at Hampton & Richmond. After a successful championship winning 1st season in BSS. I finished in season 10/11 13th
    11/12 8th 12/13 2nd beaten in playoff final 1-0 by Mansfield all in BSP
    After 5 games of 13/14 season top with 4 wins and a draw.
    Sold 25 goal a season striker for 85k finances ok after playoff final and transfer. Turned down several league 2 jobs and Shelbourne in Eire.
    Looking for promotion to football league this season.
    Should really have been promoted last season but a run of 8 draws in 10 games was my downfall.
    Congratz on ur success with h+r

Atm im in my 19th season with them:

Career Summary:

1st Season: BSS - 1st - Promotion
    2nd Season: BSP - 12th - N/A
    3rd Season: BSP - 7th - N/A
    4th Season: BSP - 3rd - Promotion via Playoffs
    5th Season: L2 - 5th - Lost in Playoff Final
    6th Season: L2 - 4th - Lost in Playoff Final again, JPT runners up
    7th Season: L2 - 2nd - Promotion, Finally
    8th Season: L1 - 14th - N/A
    9th Season: L1 - 9th - N/A
    10th Season: L1 - 2nd - Promotion
    11th Season: CH - 19th - N/A
    12th Season: CH - 13th - N/A
    13th Season: CH - 8th - N/A
    14th Season: CH - 4th - Lost in Playoff Final, i hate playoff finals
    15th Season: CH - 1st - Promotion
    16th Season: PRM - 18th - Relegated,went down on the last day
    17th Season: CH - 1st - Promotion
    18th Season: PRM - 17th - N/A

Currently in 14th place after 28 games in my 19th season,

anyway KUTGW with my beloved h+r MANIBOP

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob View Post
    Hope it goes well, your career thread last year was my favourite to read(WH's wasn't far behind).

This year it's probably JtY's so far. This is the only forum outside of OTF that I ever go to.
    Thanks. I'll be honest that I didn't really like moving to Ajax in the end (I support PSV, but I wasn't going to let any bias get in the way, but I had to leave the UK at all costs...even if it meant going to a club I hate ) which kind of made me stop.

The weird thing in my career game atm is that I see so many Canadians in player search that willing to join me in Saudi Arabia , but I have uni exams coming up, so I'll hope to finish the season soon, and not fail anything hopefully lol.

This year, I've been following a lot of careers (Raware, DodgeeD, JtY, Terk) and they're all good, although I'm quite interested on how Terk will turn Liverpool around.

Youth Team

Big is the way to go. My star ratings are low for my game too but the two and a half seasons I've done so far have passed quite quickly. As Jasonthe Yank has said in his thread, picking some leagues that run August to May and others that follow the calender year seems to help. Choosing nations that have only one or two divisions and short cup competitions helps too. (on that score, I sometimes think I shouldn't have chosen Brazil as I forgot that means a whole bunch of state championships....)

Part-Timer

Bosko Jankovic, at 26 and with a couple of dozen caps for Serbia, agrees to learn from a tutor - WTF?!?

First Team Squad Member

Well I'm using Uncle Ron's DB to regional leagues with a few minor data amendments to some Cray players (such as positions (Tyrone Sterling changed to also be LM, as he is irl)). Just about to finish pre-season, lost my first match to Hednesford 3-2 thanks to a late goal (and I rejected the GH Academy friendly). Only a new keeper and left winger coming in so far but I lost my assisstant manager Joe Francis to a lower league club looking for a manager, so I hired some new bloke as AssMan who's actually quite decent for this level. Got a Puerto Rican RB regen who's looking quite decent and I plan to use him a few times, bleed him in, and against the advice of all my coaches I plan on using a 16 year old Comoros/British/French etc. CM whom I've forgotten the name of (something Momo iirc). About a week into the job I saw Cook Islands looking for a new U19 manager, so I applied. No response yet .

First Team Squad Member

I'm not looking forward to this season now. First game of the season, 2-1 win at Aveley (strangely enoguh tht was the exact same fixture as irl, only that was a 1-1 draw), a penalty for both teams, ours converted by Tommy Osborne, and the winner scored by little wonder Lewis Wood who was a star during pre-season. 2nd game, home vs Kingstonian, win 2-0. Osborne twice, and got Cray to the top of the league (\o/). 3rd game at TMU, 0-0 draw. Now things are going wrong, lost the last 2 games without scoring. Lost 1-0 to AFC Horchurch away and before that lost a game 2-0 away, with Tommy Osborne, who up to that point had been a top player in my side, gave away 2 penalties. Might drop him for the next match. I also got a bit of stick for choosing Mark Willy as captain, like he is irl, and I thought I'd made the right choice after the first 3 games. Now we need to see how mad this season ends up, hopefully it won't be relegation, but I don't want promotion as the next season really would be a nightmare, as I need to build a squad over a few seasons.

First Team Regular

Was mentioned as a possible candidate for the DC United job, but they decided to go for ... Alan Shearer.

First Team Squad Member

My form's picking up again! 3 games unbeaten, not conceded. Beat Carshalton and Dartford either side of a draw with the bottom side Maidstone. Tommy Osborne scored 4 of my goals, with Lewis Wood scoring one and the other being an own goal.

First Team Regular

Put 6 goals past Gold Coast, all of them in the first half.

First Team Regular

After a draw, the fans criticized one of my midfielders and said Joel Chianese "should have played instead."

Chianese wasn't playing .... because he was suspended for yellow card accumulation. Fans.

First Team Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Jason the Yank View Post
    Put 6 goals past Gold Coast, all of them in the first half.
    And promptly go on an extended winless run right after.

Third Team

Really struggling with Changsha in my first full season. We're yet to register a win in the first 6 league games and are bottom . We just got hammered 5-2 at home as well. So its not looking good.

Third Team
    Perth Australialand PSN: Saxonaitor XBL: AngloSaxx

Woops....

FMS Moderator Emeritus

I :heart: Fernando Torres. Since I took over at Liverpool his league record is 60 goals in 75 games. Legend.

First Team Squad Member

I pulled off a masterstroke in the last 15 minutes of my FA Cup game against Workington. 2-0 down, been on overload all game since going behind early, move to a 4-3-3 with a trequartista, poacher and complete forward and Rob Quinn scores. Ross Lover then gets an equalizer in stoppage time. Glad that was an away game. Now for the replay I need to deal with.

Part-Timer

Away to Bayern we have more shots, on target, CCCs, possession and pass completion - in other words we were all over them - and the media said 'we held onto a draw'!?!? WTF?

Third Team

Quiet in here today

Got issues in the start of my 2nd full season with Bidvest Wits. We're winning (2-1-0) but I have all 4 of my WBL/R's out injured or suspended! Not impresed with that, going to have to play centre backs at full back in the next few games.

And now I've had to field a team without 9 players who are travelling back from an U21 game . Going to lose in the semis of the Super 8 Cup now. Rubbish.
    Last edited by iacovone; 01-01-2010 at 16:58.

Amateur

Thought I'd add a little snippet from my game. I would probably do a proper thread but not sure how the people would react to me starting at my other club AC Milan (I go and watch them in Milan at least five times a year) rather than lower league clubs that most of you seem to start at.

Into second season and being a Charlton Athletic supporter imagine my surprise when a consortium led by ex Crystal Palace Chairman Simon Jordan rolled in and took over Inter Milan! Irony me thinks!

Third Team

Ha that's pretty funny . In regards to starting your own thread, go for it. There aren't nearly enough careers with top top clubs in here. I'm sure it'd attract a lot of interest if written well.

Amateur

Thanks for the advice Iacovone, I may start something in the near future if I can find some time

FMS Moderator Emeritus

You've got to love optimism. Birmingham have just put in a bid to make my French international winger on loan for the season, The guy has played 50 league games for me (Liverpool) over the past two seasons, placed 3rd in Young Player of the Year two seasons ago and 1st last season. They didn't even want to arrange a future fee. Numpties.

Youth Team

Meh, my career is so good that people are voting for me in Botu over it ( ok it was only Sax but who cares )

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by MeLikeFM View Post
    Meh, my career is so good that people are voting for me in Botu over it ( ok it was only Sax but who cares )
    Is that a plug in the anecdotes thread? You have no shame!

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by iacovone View Post
    Is that a plug in the anecdotes thread? You have no shame!
    I was gonna edit it Hursty aswell.

Third Team

Might boycott you for 2010

Reserves

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/q...photo/what.jpg

Anyone know what the 'h' means? Don't look at it if you don't want to know how my latest season with Celano went.

Third Team

In Italy, when playoffs are drawn over 2 legs, the team that finished higher in the league qualifies.

I found out the hard way once upon a time

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Terk View Post
    You've got to love optimism. Birmingham have just put in a bid to make my French international winger on loan for the season, The guy has played 50 league games for me (Liverpool) over the past two seasons, placed 3rd in Young Player of the Year two seasons ago and 1st last season. They didn't even want to arrange a future fee. Numpties.
    They've now tried to take my vice captain on loan

Third Team

Abuse the manager in the press Terk, that ought to shut them up

FMS Moderator Emeritus

I've taken your advice, so I can just blame you if it goes wrong

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Terk View Post
    I've taken your advice, so I can just blame you if it goes wrong
    . Excellent! I do it now and again and it basically builds up a negative relationship with the manager (as you'd expect). I don't have scientific proof it works but in my head it means they'll think twice about approaching a player of mine, knowing I'd play hard ball on any deal. Hope it works for you

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Well a couple of my squad are irritated at me being slightly unprofessional but I'll happily take that if it stops them making stupid bids.

Reserves

I just have to post a picture of a great regen. It's not from my proper save, but a test save during betatesting, so I won't have the pleasure of seeing how he turns out. But the scouts gave him 3 stars for United and said he'd be a leading star for the EPL, so he must have great potential. Not being a cheater I obviously don't know exactly how much, but for starting stats like that he'll be a superstar almost no matter what I do with him. Probably the best regen I've ever seen.

He didn't arrive in our youth dept btw, I bought him from Atalanta for 4.5M.

I think I saw a thread for this kinda stuff in GQ earlier, but couldn't find it now, so posting it here instead. If you know the link to the right thread, direct me please

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Pangaea View Post
    I just have to post a picture of a great regen. It's not from my proper save, but a test save during betatesting, so I won't have the pleasure of seeing how he turns out. But the scouts gave him 3 stars for United and said he'd be a leading star for the EPL, so he must have great potential. Not being a cheater I obviously don't know exactly how much, but for starting stats like that he'll be a superstar almost no matter what I do with him. Probably the best regen I've ever seen.

I think I saw a thread for this kinda stuff in GQ earlier, but couldn't find it now, so posting it here instead. If you know the link to the right thread, direct me please
    He's ridiculous Pangaea! Probably the best 16 year old I've ever seen on FM. His only rival could be the English chap dafuge had on his T & M save. Nonetheless, phenomenal!

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Pangaea View Post

He looks pretty amazing, shame you won't get to see him develop.

Here's my latest 'next big thing'. He may not look brilliant but the scouts/coaches are raving about him and he has only just turned 15.

Reserves

Without doubt the best I've seen too. Granted, I haven't seen many since I'm usually stuck down the league ladder, but that's one heck of a player!

I could go back and play a bit in that test save, but I have gotten back into my Trafford save now so I'll stick with that - for now. Something like that is bound to make it though. He could slot into most EPL teams right away. Truly jawdropping.

Amateur

Awesome newgen there, Per Stian.

I went back in to my FM10 career save (umpteen leagues loaded, 2nd season) as the task of getting rid of the old wood and get the right players for Albion Rovers in my 08 career save feels a chore right now.

Has 10.2.0 seen anyone's team go P16 W15 D1 L0 GF32 GA4 as well?

Granted it's Portupoofland's 2nd Division North we're talking about here, but it still strikes me as a freak defensive record

Semi Pro

I've seen Ravenna get 15 wins in the 19 first games of the season, conceding only 8 goals, in the Serie C1A. No as good, but still quite impressive. And yep, they promoted that season...

Reserves

Okay, after seeing Jason the Yank load 90 leagues, I loaded (I think) 83 leagues across 6 continents. Will be continuing my Crazy Canuck save but a bit curious on how quick the save will be...

Have delayed a job offer at Arsenal, no not that Arsenal, but Arsenal Bila Tserkva in Ukraine First Division for a week to look at other job openings...but no one else offered me another job, so here I go into the unknown...

Third Team

This is an exciting time rancer

What specs is your computer?

Reserves

This is an exciting time rancer

What specs is your computer?
    Okay, restarted with semi-pro reputation and got the Cork City job (MeLikeFM will not be pleased... ). I didn't fancy Ukraine too much after losing the first game 3-0 and everyone having 1 star, so hope my time in Ireland goes well...

I have a Dell Studio 15 laptop with 4 GB ram and dual core. Pity FM is a 32-bit application...the game would go so much faster. Hope it becomes a 64-bit application in the near future.

Amateur

Last day of the season :

Sundowns.....63
    Orlando........60
    Kaizer..........59

Dynamos.......7

Dynamos vs Sundowns
    Orlando vs Pirates

A draw will be enough to finally take the title in my fifth attempt.

75 mins Kaizer score 1-0 (lead stands at 4 points)
    81 mins Dynamos score 1-0 (lead at 3 points)
    89th min Orlando equalise 1-1 (lead at 2 points - equal GD)
    90 mins Sundowns awarded penalty which we miss
    90+4 mins Orlando score 2-1

So after leading for 29 rounds and 93 minutes, we are pipped at the death. Worst FM moment of my life.

First Team Regular

All I can say is "unlucky."

But if it were me, I'd probably be moping about it for the rest of the day.

Reserves

Opposite here. I'm still chuffed about winning promotion on penalties

First Team Regular

Holy christ.

FA Cup at lower-league opposition. They go ahead after 15 minutes on (yet another) 25-yard screamer. We get the equalizer almost immediately with our first DFK goal in the 1+ year I've been at the club. Then we go ahead 5 minutes later.

Second half we're looking comfortable, only for a 63rd minute shot to take a deflection off one of my players into our own net. So now it's 2-2 and we end up going to extra time.

We go ahead almost straight from the kickoff, so we're up 3-2 in extra time.

Then they equalize in the 112nd minute. Only for my players to summon up one last burst of energy to stick the eventual winner home in the 116th minute.

So we win 4-3. A goal from a direct kick, an own goal, 3 goals in extra time. Match had a little bit of everything in it. One of those games that neither side deserves to lose, and you breathe a sigh of relief that you're on the positive side of the scoreline.

Amateur

Sometimes the AI finds creative ways of telling us we're doing way beyond what we're expected

Funny old game.

P19 W18 D1 L0 GF 41 GA 4

We face Boavista (who somehow managed to get relegated and has Portupoof top division reputation) at home.

They score one from a corner out of nowhere. Fair enough. We start attacking and score two in 5 minutes. Cue back to control. We're dominating and their keeper starts pulling out unbelievable saves. They're nowhere near us.

However, AI has different plans.

Out of the blue they score 3 more goals from corners whilst we waste chance after chance. Final result 2-4. We've let in the same amount of goals than in the previous 18 matches in a match that went 16 (9) - 5 (4) in shots.

Whatever.
    Last edited by UELLfan; 17-01-2010 at 10:21. Reason: removed superfluous 'Than'

Youth Team

Okay, restarted with semi-pro reputation and got the Cork City job (MeLikeFM will not be pleased... ). I didn't fancy Ukraine too much after losing the first game 3-0 and everyone having 1 star, so hope my time in Ireland goes well...

I have a Dell Studio 15 laptop with 4 GB ram and dual core. Pity FM is a 32-bit application...the game would go so much faster. Hope it becomes a 64-bit application in the near future.
    I started there and we all know how that turned out. My tip is to stay for a while and not resign at the end of the season after winning the cup

Unless the Rovers job comes up.

World Cup Winner

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by dafuge View Post
    Did he get fouled from the rebound ?

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by MeLikeFM View Post
    Did he get fouled from the rebound ?
    The goalie saved the first, knocking it out for a corner. They then fouled one of my players at that corner. Goalie saves again.

First Team

Reserves

Oh FFS! I've finally battled myself to a final, the FA Trophy final, for a chance to win some silverware. About a month ago both my MC captain and DC vice-captain got injured and were out for two months - missing the final. In the 2nd last league match my DMC got himself sent off, and somehow got two matches after a double yellow offence. So he just missed the final too. And just now, 2 days before the final, my 2nd DC gets injured. This time in training, for 12 days with a bruised head.

The AI must really have something against us winning it

At least one of the MCs are back to fitness after a long injury. Unless he gets injured again tomorrow....

So that's our 4 most important players out, apart from the strikers.
    Last edited by Pangaea; 18-01-2010 at 18:10.

Reserves

FFS, the previous month I lost 5 starters to injury and now I lost my starting centre backs for probably the playoffs. Fantastic.

Can't I just go through a game with no injuries.

Amateur

Following on the injury trend:

We do have this awesome player called Vouho. He's been pivotal since he joined on a free three seasons ago and is the sole reason we aren't rock bottom in Liga Vitalis with a 7.88 AR and 9 goals and 2 assists in 10(1) matches this season.

I decide to shift things and rest some 1st XI players on a Cup match. After much pondering I decide Vouho will play the first 55 minutes and will get subbed later.

Cue min 55. We're 2-1 up and I decide to give him 5 more minutes as he's ripping the oposition defence apart. Just after deciding this, he's hacked down and the commentary reads smething among the lines of: There's evident signs of pain as he's taken off from the field. He won't be able to continue.

Subbed him and had some very bad 35 minutes until we reached the FT and I saw the physio's post match report: knee knock: out for 10 to 15 days.

Phew! For a moment I was dreading a broken leg.

Reserves

I'm getting the scares everytime I see a thigh strain green cross injury now. Even if I take them ASAP, they still get injured for 4-6 weeks. And the moron of a assman says he can run it off, no matter the injury.

Has the assman ever said anything but "he can run it off" from a green cross injury? Don't think I've seen it...

Reserves

The horrible thing about my career game is that my injuries are all Russian. And I need my Russians since I'm only allowed 6 foreigners in the starting XI. I'm either playing my youths or playing my remaining Russians out of position.

This transfer window I'm trying to get depth with Russians and selling out foreigners, but all the good youngsters are at CSKA and Spartak and they aren't willing to sell me anyone because we're rivals.

Third Team

Build up your relationship with the CSKA and Spartak manager and then gradually you'll have more luck rancer

Pangaea I don't think I've seen anything other than that either tbh. Pretty poor really as you don't get any indication other than their fitness rating as to how bad the injury is

Reserves

Build up your relationship with the CSKA and Spartak manager and then gradually you'll have more luck rancer
    It's quite impossible atm. They keep trash-talking me before the H2H matches against CSKA and Spartak. I just respond to them with more trash. I think they'll never like me.

Is it just be, or whenever I score an own goal on a corner between the 60th-70th minute, the other club finds a way to beat me with a goal in extra time.

Part-Timer

After several false starts I'm hoping this save survives - 1st season with Hertha Berlin and we're second at Christmas, with a media prediction of 13th! Now I've said it it'll all go pear-shaped

Part-Timer

Away to Bayer Leverkusen in the Cup quarter-final

HT 1-4

FT 4-4

ET we go 5-4 up! Leverkusen equalise. Then they bag a winner in the final minute!

Total heartbreak

Reserves

Good match tho!

First Team Regular

Heh, spotted this one.

Cadca were relegated from the Slovakian Second Division.

They were 0-1-32.

Even more impressively, they scored EIGHT goals all season. And conceded 104.

Their lone point came in a 1-1 home draw against Lucenec (also relegated. Probably should have been automatically relegated at the final whistle )

They lost three matches 8-0. And one of those was immediately followed with a 7-0 loss. They had a run of 12 consecutive matches in which they didn't score.

Now that is impressively terrible.

Semi Pro

World Cup Winner

That link doesn't seem to be working

Reserves

Works for me.

Very interesting final day to say the least!

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Mike7077 View Post
    Works for me.

Very interesting final day to say the least!
    That's odd, I'm getting the 'this image or video has been moved or deleted' message.

Reserves

I'm using Firefox and it loads instantly. Worth a look too.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by dafuge View Post
    That's odd, I'm getting the 'this image or video has been moved or deleted' message.
    I'm getting that message. And I'm using Firefox.

Youth Team

I'm getting that message. And I'm using Firefox.
    Same here.

Reserves

Let's see what happens if I post it...

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...alFixtures.jpg

Reserves

Still nothing Mike.

It still redirects to 'Page not found.'

Reserves

Then why on Earth does it work for me? Odd.

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Mike7077 View Post
    Then why on Earth does it work for me? Odd.
    I'm guessing you clicked the link before it was removed, so you are accessing it through your temporary files.

Try clearing your internet cache and trying again, I'm guessing it won't work.

Reserves

Yep. Not working now.

Youth Team

Last 2 seasons : Relagated from BSP, 19th in BSP

Next job has a 8 million pound transfer budget. I love Japan

Amateur

I've just blown 5M GBP over 48 months for a Brazilian quality AMFC. All I had and then a tad more, but he looks a massive signing for us.

I should be happy, shouldn't I?

Well, I'd probably be jollier if he'd joined us immediately and not in freaking January!!!

Thus, I'm left without an able complete striker to get us through UEFA EL Quals and groups should we make it this far, as 33yo suddenly decrepit Cadikovski is not up to the standard needed.

Luckily for us Rodin has improved a fair bit and doesn't do too bad there. Otherwise I'd already be tearing my hair.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast