craziest thing you have done after a defeat

After reading the thread about people doing commentary on there games I want to know what the craziest thing people have done after losing a match or missing out on a player or the usual little c**t scoring on you like he has done each and every game or a gk saving every shot with every part of his anatomy like Gomes did before I mashed him up in the editor

Anyway I'll start with my story, a story about my brother and one about my friend..

After staying up all night to finish off a season that had me really excited because I came back from 14 points behind at xmas to be top on goal difference with one game to go while managing Newcastle a couple of years ago, I was playing Boro last game of the season and had 20 shots on target only for Stuart Taylor as always to keep a clean sheet against me to lose the league, I took the disc out of the computer, threw it to the floor and jumped up and down on it till it was smashed while pulling my hair and screaming, I conned my brother many years ago on it offering him 1k plus 10 mil after 1 international appearance for Markus Babel who was retired for Germany at the time and when he realised he punched me and locked me out of the house for hours, my friend Paul used to wrap the mouse cord around his throat and choke himself when Ismael Miller used to score on him on the last game

anyway hope to hear about your reactions to things like this

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've thrown my mouse a bit too hard onto the table.. Not very smart, but hey that was in my youth.. Today I just turn off FM (after saving of course ;)) and stop playing :) - Then the next day I start up again :p

I once threw my slipper at the window, The slipper because its soft and the window because it futhest away from me, want really aiming for it just in that general direction. it was after a late winner in an important game.

In game i once also fined everyone for two weeks (FM 07) after my Team, one of the best in the league lost 3-0 to the bottom team knowing that the likly result would be. I was quite funny reading all the messages and seeing the Chairman gradually getting more and more angry with me before finally giving me the chop.

I recently transfer listed one of my first choice players, put him in the youth team squad, and made it so he was doing no training after his mistake cost us a win.

I regretted it the next day though and forgave him, and even gave him a new contract as I felt bad. He didn't deserve that as he's an outstanding player.

I've also got a habit of getting rid of goalkeepers after a bad performance. Unlike the above example though it's because the goalkeeper never looked particularly convincing, and one match tends to throw me over the edge.

Its all about rebuilding after a defeat for me. Gathering my thoughts first then gathering the lads for the full-time team talk.

I tell them not to worry about conceding five against Portsmouth, sometimes loosing is meant to happen.

I go on to explain that to become the best, they must first experience loosing for the fire in their hearts will deny them the ability to give in after defeat.

"After all we are one family, we are a football club. Family comes first football comes second". "Despite whatever happens on the football pitch you can always go home to a loving wife and playful children. I on the other hand get a bollocking from the chairman, and go home to my one bed flat with prison bar windows."

"We got Barcelona next lads", I proclaim. "With a bit of luck and more enthusiasm we could get something from this match". "Sure we are underdogs, but you each must ask yourselves if not in the champions league final - where? If not against Barcelona - who? If not now - When? And if not winning - what?"

Paul Scholes ended up getting sent off after 3 minutes, and Rooney scored a own goal on 4 minutes. We lost 3-0 against Barcelona.

If i am really struggling in the game, I do get angry but i don't do anything like that.

It just makes me more determined to win and turn things round. Then if after spending ages changing my tactics and bringing in better players at the end of the season, I get into the game again and feel i have a qaulity side now and should be up near the top easily. But when i start loosing games again especially against poorer qaulity teams.

I get frustrated but i just call the game stupid and boring then save it and stop playing untill i get the urge to play it once more.

Removed Casillas from Captaincy after losing 4-0 away to A. Madrid in Spanish cup, this after we had already won the home leg 3-0. Two weeks fine for all those who played. Transfer listed Fazio, Silva, Rossi, ,Veloso & Benzema .Out of these, the first four eventually got sold next season.

I recently tore my FM09 disc in half afterthe biggest load of **** ever, happened. First I was sacked after a takeover of Standard Liege (Id won 7 league titles in a row, and got to the Champs League semi final the season before, after the new owner took over they said theyd give me time to prove myself, I beat Cercle Brugge 5-0 away and drew 3-3 with Real Madrid away in the champs league group stages, they sacked me the day after the Madrid game).

Then I went to Chelsea (after waiting maybe 2 months for a job application to be successful) who in 2025 were bottom by a point (around January) I won 2 games, drew 2, lost 6 before I was sacked. Every game I lost the opposition keeper was MoTM. Then I got the West Ham job, 2nd bottom, I lost 3 games then won 2, the next game I had 30(ish) shots on goal. I lost 2-0. I decided I didnt want to play the game anymore, the best way to achive this is tear it up.

This is annoying because 09 seemed to be less ... aggravating than the previous 4 versions. Then it turns out its exactly the same....again.

edit: my main issue is the new board sacking me after my massive and unrelenting success. The game just has no intelligence in its actions, because all I achieved was making Standard the best team in Belgium (by a long, long way) and consistently getting to the champs league 2nd round, attracting quality players and thusly improving the squad every season, while at the same time generating enough income through player sales and continental success to get a new stadium (56k seater), and also bringing through a ton of youth players (average squad age was 24 the whole time I was there).

TLDR: Angryface

Only once in several years I broke a keyboard. That's not peculiar, I know that.

The bad is that after having broken it I kept on kicking it for minutes, to finish with insults and bad words.

It took me half an hour to calm down, anyway it happened only once in several real years so nothing worrying.

the only crazy thing i done was nearly cry and tightend my fist lol and going GRRRRR cause you know why :o

i can control myself even tho i feel like breaking things or smashing somthing i wont alow it so i jsut control my mind and dont do what i feel like doing cause i know it will end up bad .....

I can control my emotions well; I normally do what I do when playing poker. after all this is only a game..

When I get a bad beat or things not going to well I take a break, go out for a walk and a smoke, and then return when I am calm and thinking well enough to make the right decisions.

Try telling Alex Ferguson or Jose Mourinho that it's just a game.

Oh wait, they make their living at the game, so that's why it's okay for them to be upset, right? What about the youth players who are not being paid but are working hard to realize a dream and become professional footballers? Is it just a game for them?

My view is that people who do not react emotionally to victories or defeats lack the competitive drive to make them successful in sport. The greatest players and managers in the world are almost always the most intensely competitive individuals. They may not choke themselves with a mouse cord upon defeat, which admittedly may be a cry for help in a certain way, but they live and die by the results of a mere 'game' called football, and many of them have had angry outbursts, incidents of violence, and dressing room bust-ups over match results.

I find the OP's stories amusing, and to me they indicate how much passion he and his fellow players have about FM. It's not real football, but they still want to win as if it was the real thing. That's the competitive spirit that real life managers look for in their players and staff. It's the same drive to win and the same anger over losing that drives real footballers and managers to success.

Say what you will about the OP, but I'll take his competitive spirit over someone who just shrugs his shoulders at defeat.

Went to the local McDonalds and gunned down thirty people in cold blood because Man City lost the title on goal difference after a defeat to Man Ure...

Still, it's only a game :)

Where abouts in west yorkshire are you from? So I know never to go near that part ever again! ;)

I once punched the floor after a defeat, which wouldnt of been to bad, but the computer was in the house extension, which was a concrete floor, with a thin carpet on it!! Didnt break anything, but it was brusied bad!!

The worse thou, is my mate. When we where playing CM italia, and he was Juve. He was playing the team who was bottom of the league, and needed to win to win the league. He must of had about 20 shots, and went 1-0 up. The other team, then had 1 chance..... 1-1. Juve then had another 15-20 chances, and then went 2-1 up. The other team then had their 2nd chance in the 88th min..... 2-2.

He then punched a hole through his bedroom wall. It was plaster board..... but still.

Archived