***The Official FM10 Achievements Thread***

For those of us installing or activating via steam there will be 70 achievements we can try and achieve:cool:

So initially for discussion and later on for bragging that you have achieved 1 or 10 or maybe even the full 70 :D

All we know so far is this:

He’s signed!
Clean sheet
Hat-trick
What a goal!
Top of the class
You’re up!
Cup glory!
Champions!
Double hat-track
Team performance
International superstar
Park the bus
Comeback king!
Star man
Goal machine
Unstoppable force
Iron curtain
Scoring streak
Unbeatable!
Parked the tank
National service
The boss
Superb strike
Best in Europe
Loyalty card
Qualified
Cup streak
Golden boot
Best in the world
Super cup glory
Champions streak
All around the world
You’re on fire
Do the double
Domination
Part of the furniture
Trophy hoarder
Best in the business
Freedom of the country
On top of the world
Legend
Invincible!
First victory
Confederations winner
Highlight reel
Splashing the cash
Value for money
Club legend
Cash to burn
Well travelled
Continental king
The greatest
World renowned
The professor
English hero
Scottish hero
French hero
Italian hero
Spanish hero
Brazilian hero

If we get anymore information about these then Ill add it to the OP.

Also the first person to achieve each one of these and post proof here will have their user ID shown next to that achievement to add a little competition element to this.

Actually that may not include he's singed if that turns out to be taking a job, because lets face it were all gonna manage that at some stage now aren't we :thup:

Im hoping the Mods are ok with this also :o

Wow that was quick!

It seems like they don't have any in-game benefit, so not as excited about them as before.

Yeah that's a fair point but you still get bragging rights over your mates and other members of the community:thup:

I know its a bit soon but am hoping we can build up some discussion about what the achievements are.

Park the bus - Im guessing a certain number of clean sheets

You're up - Promotion Id imagine.

First victory - Seems a bit obvious!

For me its a great addition that is not directly in the game!!! A greater sense of achievement and targets. Just a quick question, once you have activated via steam and go into offline mode can you get the achievements or do you always have to be in online mode????

yes you do, as steam monitors what your achievements your getting, and makes your achievements viewable online on your steam account page.

Ok cheers, but say I play in offline mode and would have made some achievements. Does this mean that when I turn it onto online mode It will say well done you have achieved x,y, and z or will it have no recollection of these achievements because it is not aware of these???

I want to know what the difference is between "Park the Bus" and "Park the tank"?

I have heard of "Park the Bus" as a saying, (I.e. all players behind the ball, at all times), but not "Par the Tank", what the heck is that??

Probably a light-hearted name for doing a more difficult version of "park the bus" (i.e. if "park the bus" was win with ten men for 45 minutes, "park the tank" might be win with nine men).

I want to know what the difference is between "Park the Bus" and "Park the tank"?

I have heard of "Park the Bus" as a saying, (I.e. all players behind the ball, at all times), but not "Par the Tank", what the heck is that??

What ever achievement park the bus is, e.g. one clean sheet, or five in a row, I would assume that park the tank is a greater achievement than park the bus. The same sort of achievement but to a greater degree. :)

Probably a light-hearted name for doing a more difficult version of "park the bus" (i.e. if "park the bus" was win with ten men for 45 minutes, "park the tank" might be win with nine men).
What ever achievement park the bus is, e.g. one clean sheet, or five in a row, I would assume that park the tank is a greater achievement than park the bus. The same sort of achievement but to a greater degree. :)

Ah right now I understand, thanks for both of the answers.

I had heard of the first saying, but not the second, that is what confused me.

The Tank version could then be, "Win with 8 men without conceeding a goal" or something like that.

This is going to be sooooooooooooo much fun trying to get these achievements!

I cannot wait to try and get the Brazillian award!

Ah right now I understand, thanks for both of the answers.

I had heard of the first saying, but not the second, that is what confused me.

The Tank version could then be, "Win with 8 men without conceeding a goal" or something like that.

This is going to be sooooooooooooo much fun trying to get these achievements!

I cannot wait to try and get the Brazillian award!

No worries. Yeah I just thought it would be some run of the mill thing, but how wrong I was. I'm trying to work out what they stand for. I thought the brazilian award would involve managing in Brazil, but then I thought that all the achievements should be do able with all clubs. Could be score 5 goals in three consecutive games etc, but not sure.

I have heard of "Park the Bus" as a saying, (I.e. all players behind the ball, at all times), but not "Park the Tank", what the heck is that??

I think it will probably be a variation on Park the Bus, but up the other end, i.e. taking a lot of shots at goal.

National service: Win the league with an all same nationality team? Win anything?

Can someone clear up one way or another the question partly answered above.

If i install online but then play offline all the time, will my achievements still be recognised or not? Wont bother installing with steam if you only get achievements if off-line.

if thats the case its pretty poo, as you get achievements offline on the ps3

I thought the brazilian award would involve managing in Brazil, but then I thought that all the achievements should be do able with all clubs. Could be score 5 goals in three consecutive games etc, but not sure.

You're probably correct with your first guess. Those types of achievements generally require you to either win a trophy or complete a season or become a hero in that country. If you study the xbox achievements for any FIFA or PES game they have comparable achievements where you are required to achieve glory with an Italian or Spanish club etc. If you'd like some inspiration, it might be worth checking out the original achievement lists for FM 06-08 when they were released on Xbox 360: FM 2007 achievements.

I think it will probably be a variation on Park the Bus, but up the other end, i.e. taking a lot of shots at goal.

National service: Win the league with an all same nationality team? Win anything?

Yeah could be. Or National service could be having a player from your team playing for their country before the age of 18 or at 18, but your view seems more likely.

Can someone clear up one way or another the question partly answered above.

If i install online but then play offline all the time, will my achievements still be recognised or not? Wont bother installing with steam if you only get achievements if off-line.

if thats the case its pretty poo, as you get achievements offline on the ps3

I agree with you that it would be pretty annoying if you always have to be online, unlike on Xbox or PS3, but none of us seem to be familiar with steam achievements (I haven't played Portal or HL2 for a long time), so we can't clear it up. You'll have to direct your question to Miles. I'd guess that you can be offline and still gain the achievements, then your steam account syncs with the game each time you sign on, but that's just an assumption.

That one could be "Win the league with a team of the same nationalty that all play for their national side".

So having the England team for example made up of one single club side. (I would guess that would also include the subs bench-but not the managers nationality).

Just my thoughts

He’s signed!: Sign a player

Clean sheet: Dont conceed in a match

Hat-trick: Score 3 in a match

What a goal!: Score a cracking goal that makes the commentator exclaim "what a goal"

Top of the class: Have an under 21 player named player of the year

You’re up!: Promotion

Cup glory!: Win a cup

Champions!: Win the league

Double hat-track: Two hat tricks in a match

Team performance: All players get above 7 average rating in a match?

International superstar: Get a player to reach International reputation at your club

Park the bus: Dont conceed for X games

Comeback king!: Come back from 3-0 down at half time to win the game

Star man: One of your players is man of the match

Goal machine: One of your players is top scorer for the league

Unstoppable force: Win all league games in a season

Iron curtain: Dont let the oppisition have a shot on goal in a game?

Scoring streak: Score in X consecutive league games

Unbeatable!: Dont lose a game in the league over a season

Parked the tank: Dont concede for a season? (yikes)

National service: Have a player brought up from your youth ranks and have him get an int. cap.

The boss: When a player asks to play more, issue a statement stating you are the team boss not him.

Superb strike: Player wins goal of the season?

Best in Europe: could mean a lot of things... best manager, win the CL etc.

Loyalty card: Stay at a club after another approaches you, or stay for X years.

Qualified: reach the CL group stages.

Cup streak: Win a cup in consecutive seasons.

Golden boot: Have a player claim Euro golden boot

Best in the world: become the highest ranked manager in history or win the World cup.

Super cup glory: Win the CL

Champions streak: Win your league more than any other team consecutively?

All around the world: manage in every continent

You’re on fire: win multiple awards for X seasons?

Do the double: win a cup and the league

Domination: Win every comp you are in

Part of the furniture: become a club icon/favourites list

Trophy hoarder: Win more trophies for your club than previous managers have.

Best in the business: Make more money than any other club.

Freedom of the country: hrmmm... manage your int. team?

On top of the world: win the world cup

Legend: Become the best manager in the world?

Invincible!: Dont get beaten for an entire season in all comps

First victory: no need to explain

Confederations winner: see above

Highlight reel: watch highlights of a game

Splashing the cash: set a new record for spending cash on players at your club

Value for money: get a player to recieve the best signing of the season award.

Club legend: Either become a CL or get a player to become a CL

Cash to burn: have more than 1bn in the bank?

Well travelled: play teams from X countries?

Continental king: dunno

The greatest: greatest manager ever?

World renowned: get the highest reputation level?

The professor: Sign and play more than X players in your XI and win the league in a season

English hero: best english manager

Scottish hero: see above

French hero: ""

Italian hero: ""

Spanish hero: ""

Brazilian hero: ""

I know ive put down stuff like "be the best manager" about 5 times... just a quick summary of what i think they mean.

Wow some good sugestions DougyMarshall! Parked the tank: don't concede a goal all season? That will be too hard surely? They need to be achieveable but I hope some are very hard and I think that this throws a new light onto FM in terms of you've got a long saved game and you want a bit of a challenge. Then the achievements will stop your game going stale. I can't wait for it!!!

Club and Country: Win every trophy possible only using players from the country your team resides in.

Something that's worth considering is that the majority of these achievements will have been thought of as ways to reward you for playing, but not change the way you play. For instance, club and country will almost certainly not be what you suggested as it is incredibly difficult to achieve and will massively affect the way you play your whole game. Instead they'll make it something like 'Manage a domestic team in the same country as that which you manage internationally' or even something as simple as 'Manage both an international team and club team at the same time'.

I'd say no more than 10, maybe 15 of these will be achievements which require you to massively change the way you play, i.e. win in spain, win in italy etc, where you're being required to make a conscious decision to move to that country because you want to get the achievement.

Something that's worth considering is that the majority of these achievements will have been thought of as ways to reward you for playing, but not change the way you play. For instance, club and country will almost certainly not be what you suggested as it is incredibly difficult to achieve and will massively affect the way you play your whole game. Instead they'll make it something like 'Manage a domestic team in the same country as that which you manage internationally' or even something as simple as 'Manage both an international team and club team at the same time'.

I'd say no more than 10, maybe 15 of these will be achievements which require you to massively change the way you play, i.e. win in spain, win in italy etc, where you're being required to make a conscious decision to move to that country because you want to get the achievement.

Yeah thats a valid point. :)

Let me try and clear this up for everyone, as you all seem to be getting confused. I don't work for Si or anything, so I'm not saying I'm right, but every other steam game that has achievements, such as left for dead, you have to be online to unlock those achievements. Therefore, in all probability, it will not record any achievements whatsoever while you or offline, nor will you unlock them as soon as you go online.

Let me try and clear this up for everyone, as you all seem to be getting confused. I don't work for Si or anything, so I'm not saying I'm right, but every other steam game that has achievements, such as left for dead, you have to be online to unlock those achievements. Therefore, in all probability, it will not record any achievements whatsoever while you or offline, nor will you unlock them as soon as you go online.

Well I hope you are wrong (don't mean to be harsh) but I think you may well be right. :)

Its only a passive thing. All you have to do is have steam to auto login at startup and it will be constantly monitoring it. You don't have to even put any effort in to log into anything, all you have to do is be connected to the internet.

Right, and I agree. But I think the guy who asked earlier isn't able to remain connected 24/7, or wanted to play on the move, which I imagine we all do from time to time.

The achievements are simply an added bit of fun. I'll buy from Steam as I did last year. And I'll look forward to the achievements. As Miles said Steam has the ability to incorporate achievements so SI did. Yeah it's a minor addition, but why criticize it. Some of us think its cool.

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently you have to be online with Steam for them to record. Haven't installed the game with Steam so can't give a definitive answer. Also when you get an award can you post it in this thread so I can update the page on the FM wiki please.

Here is the whole list...

He's Signed! ****

Sign a player for your team

Clean Sheet

Play a match without conceding a goal

Hat-trick

One of your players scored a hat-trick

]What A Goal!

One of your players collected a goal of the month award

Top Of The Class

You won a manager of the month award

You're Up!

Guide your team to promotion in a domestic league

Cup Glory!

You won a top domestic cup

Champions!

You won the top league in a nation

Double Hat-trick

One of your players scored 6 or more goals

Team Performance

Five of your players were named in a team of the week

International Superstar

One of your players was selected in the World Cup Best XI

Parked The Bus

Your team didn't concede a goal in 5 consecutive league games

Comeback King!

You won a match after being 2 or more goals down at half-time

Star Man

One of your players was selected in the Team Of The Year

Goal Machine

Your player was the top league goalscorer over an entire season

]Unstoppable Force

Your team scored the most league goals over an entire season

Iron Curtain

Your team conceded the least league goals over an entire season

Scoring Streak

Your team scored in 10 consecutive competitive matches

Unbeatable!

Your team was unbeaten in 10 consecutive competitive matches

Parked The Tank

Your team didn't concede a goal in 10 consecutive competitive matches

National Service

You were offered a job in international management

The Boss

You won the Manager Of The Year award

Superb Strike

Your player collected a goal of the season award

Best In Europe

Your player won the European Player Of The Year award

Loyalty Card

You stayed at one club for 5 seasons

Qualified

You qualified for an international competition

Cup Streak

You won 5 different cup competitions

Golden Boot

Your player was the top scorer at a World Cup

Best In The World

Your player won the World Player Of The Year award

Super Cup Glory

You won a continental cup competition

Champions Streak

You won 5 different league competitions

All Around The World

You qualified for the World Cup

You're On Fire

You won 10 consecutive competitive matches

Do The Double

You won a nations top league and cup competitions in the same season

Domination

You have won 3 consecutive top division league titles

Part Of The Furniture

You have stayed at one club for 10 seasons

Trophy Hoarder

You have won 20 cup competitions

Best In The Business

You have won the Manager Of The Month award 10 times

Freedom Of The Country

You have won an international championship

On Top Of The World

You have won the World Cup

Legend

You have won the Manager Of The Year award 5 times

Invincible!

Your team played the entire season without losing a league game

First Victory

You guided your team to victory in a competitive fixture

Confederations Winner

You have won the Confederations Cup

Highlight Reel

Your players have collected 10 goal of the month awards

Splashing The Cash

You bought a player for £30 million or more

Value For Money

Congratulations! You have played Football Manager for 30 seasons

Club Legend

You have stayed at one club for 20 seasons

Cash To Burn

You sold a player for £30 million or more

Well Travelled

You won 5 different top league competitions

Continental King

You won a continental cup on 3 different continents

The Greatest

You have become the greatest manager of all-time!

World Renowned

You have made it into the worldwide hall of fame

The Professor

You have gained at least 75% scouting knowledge for your club

English Hero

You achieved promotion from the lowest to the highest league in England

Scottish Hero

You achieved promotion from the lowest to the highest league in Scotland

French Hero

You achieved promotion from the lowest to the highest league in France

Italian Hero

You achieved promotion from the lowest to the highest league in Italy