If you could have 1 thing in fm

An add-on "Football Chairman" game, to be honest - so you can run the club.

Note the word "add-on" before I get the "It's Football Manager you idiot" replies - I know that, and have made the same argument myself - doesn't mean I wouldn't like to be able to play it under the right circumstances with a similar engine.

Note the word "add-on" before I get the "It's Football Manager you idiot" replies - I know that, and have made the same argument myself - doesn't mean I wouldn't like to be able to play it under the right circumstances with a similar engine.

would be interesting but surely limited in what you can actual do?

host charity events, arrange board meetings, sign sponsors? hire and fire managers?

would be interesting but surely limited in what you can actual do?

host charity events, arrange board meetings, sign sponsors? hire and fire managers?

How about a driving the team bus add on? ;) SI can take it the way of the Sims and have an add on pack for absolutely everything :D

Flexible league, team and player reputation.

Team and player reps are already flexible. League reputation doesn't need to be tbh. All it does is stop a team becoming bigger than they could be IRL.

I don't think you've actually thought about it tbh. There would be next to nothing to do that would be worthy of being in a game. Hiring and firing managers would be good the first time, rubbish from then on. Setting budgets would be rubbish, as you'd just give the most you could due to not having real life monetary interests.

Team and player reps are already flexible. League reputation doesn't need to be tbh. All it does is stop a team becoming bigger than they could be IRL.

It desperately needs to be.

It is probably the most important feature still missing from the game and should be a priority for the next version.

For me the 1 thing that would be a dream in this game would be a 3D engine similar to that of EA Sports Fifa 10. FM has it all but a top nothc 3D engine would put it into legendary status in the video game world.

You walking on thin ice saying that! Be prepared for people saying things "FM has never been about the graphics" or "its a spreadsheet based game", both of which, as selling points, wouldn't shift many copies really :D

An AI with that actually has the ability to manage the players it has in it's squad properly. In other words, the AI manager actually starts bringing it's better youngsters through to the first team and starts phasing out it's older players, or to buy players they actually need, or actually buy players in the first place. There are far too few AI transfers in the game, and far too many seem to be the transfers of goalies that just aren't needed.

An AI with that actually has the ability to manage the players it has in it's squad properly. In other words, the AI manager actually starts bringing it's better youngsters through to the first team and starts phasing out it's older players, or to buy players they actually need, or actually buy players in the first place. There are far too few AI transfers in the game, and far too many seem to be the transfers of goalies that just aren't needed.

Or an AI that doesn't play their best 11 in minor cup competitions :mad:

For me the 1 thing that would be a dream in this game would be a 3D engine similar to that of EA Sports Fifa 10. FM has it all but a top nothc 3D engine would put it into legendary status in the video game world.

Mate i think it would muck the game up, i like it how it is maybe a few things need to be polished abit more, and the crowd but for me i wouldnt want fm like fifa you might as well buy fifa and play it :D

I'm throwing my hat into the dynamic league rep ring though having a set range would seem to be the best thing, and would avoid the (very unlikely anyway) extreme situations used to argue against it.

no seriously...having an option where you could have a proper 1-1 with an unhappy player instead of the usual media route or being able to have a 'conference' so to speak with your team if they getting a series of results or playing porly, dont know how hard that would be to implement but my guess is it would probably take alot to put it in the game

i think dynamic league reputation , as al ot of people of mentioned here is something that should be thought about, think about, the new teams in the champions league this season that no one had ever heard of, their leagues rep has most likely gone up from having teams in the champ league, and look at the championship as-well, i know its already very well thought of but having teams like newcastle and middlesbrough in their would shawly put its rep up even by just a little bit

no seriously...having an option where you could have a proper 1-1 with an unhappy player instead of the usual media route or being able to have a 'conference' so to speak with your team if they getting a series of results or playing porly, dont know how hard that would be to implement but my guess is it would probably take alot to put it in the game

i dont think it would be hard if you think about it, the game is 4.6 gb i think, and that is nothing, i got total empire war it is 15 gb, :D

i dont think it would be hard if you think about it, the game is 4.6 gb i think, and that is nothing, i got total empire war it is 15 gb, :D

very true, it would be good if they could do it, dont know how many people would think the sam............(waits for someone to put a new thread with a poll asking who would and wouldnt like the feature)

Mate i think it would muck the game up, i like it how it is maybe a few things need to be polished abit more, and the crowd but for me i wouldnt want fm like fifa you might as well buy fifa and play it :D

Even the Fifa Manager graphics combined witht he FM match engine would be immense, the Fifa manager graphics are only as good as ps2 graphics but i makes it look amazing for a management game

I do have FIFA and I play it, but the manager mode is an absolute farce on that game. As much as I love the gameplay and graphics I usuaully end spending an hour so on it and then lose interest and fire up FM. I am not saying I want FM to be like FIFA, I just wish it could create some of the atmosphere it has.

remain the same, classic manager simulation game :D i hope they will not go too far with the 3d graphic, and keep the option to view matches 2d and only commentary

there are some features that might be improved or added, but the main thing is the fact that fm is the most realistic football manager on the market, so keep up the good work lads

The option to not be myself in the game as its unrealstic that some random bloke gets the man utd job. I have to make up stories in my head to justify why I've got the job. I would like the option to play the game as the current manager of a team.

The option to not be myself in the game as its unrealstic that some random bloke gets the man utd job. I have to make up stories in my head to justify why I've got the job. I would like the option to play the game as the current manager of a team.

Just name yourself Sir Alex Ferguson :D

Dynamic league reputation and faster increasing/decreasing club reputation.

And i'd like to be able to set up new teams within the club. Let's say if i have too many players i could start a 3rd team, so everyone gets match experience. Or just a team where I put all players in that i want to sell. Or a team that starts in another country like Ajax Cape Town.. just love the idea.

Archived