Smallest Club In The Game

Hi all,

im wondering if anyone can tell me the smallest club in the game, i know some people will proberly think this thread belongs in the LLM forum but i thort posting it here would give me a wider audience.

In smallest i mean:-

- Wage Expence

- Stadium and Facilities

ect. ect.

Dont Mind What Country as long as it can be made playable with out and downloads or anything,

as you can prob tell i want a challenge!!!

thanks in advance

x

There's some amateur teams available in Swedish Second Division. Absolute nightmare, no wages - but they can leave at the drop of a hat, hardly any money, no staff, and attendances are poor, therefore no real revenue. Apart from survival, your first challenge will be to get them to turn into a part time club, and therefore be able to offer your players a wage (and get one yourself!).

Actually the smallest team in the FM 9.3.0 database is Sporting Bengal. They are in the 24th tier of English football. They have a reputation of zero! If you swap them for a playable team in the editor you'd have a real challenge. The romantically-named (for your kisses) Pease Pottage Village are in the database too, or similar reputation and no details.

I'm currently going through the FM09 database to prepare my 10-tier league for FM10; last night I made up a 20-team league of teams of rubbish reputation to see how badly they look in 3D. VERY bad - plus my amateur pie-eaters keep buggering off to other clubs on a free. Can't wait for FM10!!

On reputation, Chimney Corner are the smallest team in the smallest league in the smallest country. Northern Irish Second Division.

I'm managing Chimney right now. Having a badger stuffed down your pants would be way less painful than watching them play. I don't know if a word has been invented yet for this kind of quality. :confused:

Actually the smallest team in the FM 9.3.0 database is Sporting Bengal. They are in the 24th tier of English football. They have a reputation of zero! If you swap them for a playable team in the editor you'd have a real challenge. The romantically-named (for your kisses) Pease Pottage Village are in the database too, or similar reputation and no details.

I'm currently going through the FM09 database to prepare my 10-tier league for FM10; last night I made up a 20-team league of teams of rubbish reputation to see how badly they look in 3D. VERY bad - plus my amateur pie-eaters keep buggering off to other clubs on a free. Can't wait for FM10!!

Sporting Bengal are in the Kent Premier which is only level 9, but their record last season reads:

2008-09 KENT-P 32 0 0 32 26 160 0 17/17 (you get the idea, 160 goals conceded)

For some reason they're still in the same division this season.

Pease Pottage Village finished bottom of the Sussex County League Division 3 (Level 11) last season but weren't relegated.

So in conclusion, Pease Pottage Village are smaller. And wouldn't a reputation of zero be random anyway?

Ah, cheers for that Berty. I confused Sporting Bengal with Bengal Tigers who are in Bristol Downs Div 4 - i.e. Tier 24. I'm definitely editing them into my FM10 pyramid! I suspect rep 0 really is 0 in this case. I'll find out tonight - my first competitive game is against them.

If you want a challenge, why not choose a country where you haven't managed before and get to grips with the nuances of their league system? I had a fantastic save in FM06 with Mosonmagyarovar in Hungary and also had games with Lokomotiv Chita in Russia and CSK Pivara in Serbia. The Brazilian league is also very amusing sometimes.

• 4 years later...

As I don't want to start a new thread, I'll ask for all of your help here.

On this note, which is the smallest country and league system (not like the very bottom division of England) one can play (without having to download anything extra from other users) in FM2014?

I'm a lazy guy, so I'd love me a contract on some tropical island with 5 teams and a 4 week season! ;-)

Is it playable?

Not officially. Probably a team from Northern Ireland, which is the hardest league to achieve anything of note in Europe with, in my experience. Don't think I've ever read a career story of someone winning the UCL or even the EL with a team from NI.

I tried N. Ireland once, which was funny! I had some success in the domestic league, and shortly thereafter I was offered the Swedish National Team job! LOL.

Should tell us everything about the state of Swedish Football.

However, do you know of any small national leagues outside of Europe, like the Caribbean, Oceania, Asia, or South America?

Not officially. Probably a team from Northern Ireland, which is the hardest league to achieve anything of note in Europe with, in my experience. Don't think I've ever read a career story of someone winning the UCL or even the EL with a team from NI.

Nepenthez with his legendary Andrew Smylie @Knockbreda. And a couple of others too but don't remember who they are.

Thank you, Metal. Is it playable?

Actually, given SI have released a file for it, I'd say it is officially playable. Depends whether the person wants to do that though I suppose.

If you're talking Europe, Gibraltar are undoubtedly the smallest you could go for. In the early days they can often be beaten in the first qualifying round of the Champions League by clubs from powerhouses like Andorra and San Marino.

Hmmm. I can see the league in the game when I search for Gibraltar, but I can't open it. In other words, it's not playable. I run the steam version of FM14 and when checking what version it is, it says 14.3.1. 487696 (m.e v1454). I don't know if that makes any difference or sense to anyone. If anyone can play the Gibraltar league, I would love to hear how they did it.

How would I download it? If it is an SI release, I don't mind. (Sorry about hi-jacking this thread with all my very basic questions)
If its an SI release, it should be there when you start a new game, if you have chosen the newest database as your starting point.

For once milner, you're talking rubbish ;p

It's a Steam Workshop file, albeit an official one. If you search through Steam for Gibraltar, it should pop up, or you can filter down to just the official ones. Subscribe there. Then go into the game, go to downloads, and install it. It'll then be placed magically into your edited files when you start a new game.

Disclaimer: There's a few things I'd change about the DB if I was starting again there, it's not quite complete IMO to get a proper long-term game out of it.

For once milner, you're talking rubbish ;p

It's a Steam Workshop file, albeit an official one. If you search through Steam for Gibraltar, it should pop up, or you can filter down to just the official ones. Subscribe there. Then go into the game, go to downloads, and install it. It'll then be placed magically into your edited files when you start a new game.

Disclaimer: There's a few things I'd change about the DB if I was starting again there, it's not quite complete IMO to get a proper long-term game out of it.

Thank you. What would you change in the DB?

The adding of reserve leagues mainly. I imagine this was a conscious decision, as I'm not sure the country would have youth or reserve leagues, but it made long term squad building when you reach a certain point very difficult, because your youths weren't quite good enough to play for the first team, but also weren't wanting to stay around for long enough playing no football. Also, playing no football meant they rarely reached any kind of potential too.

That's the main one, the rest were all just little niggles that didn't cause too many problems.

Thank you, forameuss! I downloaded the official version and took a look, and it did have reserves in there but no youth teams. I forgot to check for an actual league for these teams to play in... :-(

Last question, and I'll let everybody get a rest from me. If I were to try to figure out the editor and create a league system in a currently unplayable nation, could I then connect it to the main game? For example, if I'd take one of the island leagues in Oceania, all of which currently are unplayable, could I then have the winner advance onto whatever continental cups are in Oceania in the game already (if there is a continental cup in Oceania in FM14)? A Caribbean island might be a better example, as I know there is a cup there, but not any playable leagues.

Archived