Questions about FM 2010

If any of these have been asked I apologize. I tried to search for some of them with no success. And I am asking about both FM 2010 and FM 2009.

Where can I find info on what leagues are playable?

Is the MLS a playable league? Are the real MLS players included? Any other US leagues?

The same questions for the Swedish leagues?

Can I manage national teams? Specifically the USA or Sweden?

Thanks a lot everyone!

Oh, and 4 Swedish tiers are in FM09. You can add unavailable leagues with the new league editor, but recreating the American system mightn't be possible.

Thanks for the response. I don't know what you mean by loading the players. Could you explain. I should add that until recently, I had never played a football manager-style game. So I am really a novice at these games.

Basically, for me to enjoy a game like this:

I need to have access to most of the top leagues around the globe (MLS in the US is enough), and be able to create players and add them into a league as I am playing (i.e. - next year when the next Wayne Rooney or Clint Dempsey is suddenyl found, I'll want to add him into my game as I play). I really like when authentic stadiums are included (al-la FIFA series). I also like to have access to (or be able to add in later) the US players and staff.

I should add, I really dislike creating tons of players (i.e. - adding in the MLS and having to create the entire league players and staff to get a good authentic feel). It starts to feel like a job and not time away from life having fun playing a game, to me. But a few here and there, I can generally handle.

EDIT: I don't mean to sound like a jerk. I'm really just trying to see if the football manager-style games are for me or not. I just bought the CM2010 and have had a really bad experience. None of the MLS players I like are available. Now there is an editor that I tried to use, but it is awful and full of bugs. So not only do I have to create a bunch of players, but there are a lot of errors in getting them in the game itself. So I basically have stopped playing CM2010 and I am hoping that FM 2010 will have the stuff I hoped to see in CM.

Again, thanks for the response.

Thanks for the response. I don't know what you mean by loading the players. Could you explain. I should add that until recently, I had never played a football manager-style game. So I am really a novice at these games.

Basically, for me to enjoy a game like this:

I need to have access to most of the leagues around the globe (MLS in the US is enough), and be able to create players and add them into a league as I am playing (i.e. - next year when the next Wayne Rooney or Clint Dempsey is suddenyl found, I'll want to add him into my game as I play). I really like when authentic stadiums are included (al-la FIFA series). I also like to have access to (or be able to add in later) the US players and staff.

I should add, I really dislike creating tons of players (i.e. - adding in the MLS and having to create the entire league players and staff to get a good authentic feel).

Again, thanks for the response.

Than you chose the best game in that genre. ;) Welcome to the forums. :thup:

Basically, there are about 50 nations available (around 120 leagues?) to manage in. You can create players leagues teams... whatever you like. In game you can sign people. All teams have their own stadium from real life (except possibly AC milan due to ground sharing issues) and it is possible to manage most nations, so long as you select that nation to load players from at the start of the game.

edit; and what favio said

FM has a massive and accurate database. Whilst FM only has the MLS in the USA as a default, you can add other divisions in using the new league editor, and I think the teams will already have accurate squads.

The Swedish leagues should also have accurate squads down to the 4th tier atleast.

As for stadiums, I assume you mean the graphical display of stadiums. In that case FM doesn't have accurately represented stadiums in the match engine like Fifa and Pro Evo.

FM has a massive and accurate database. Whilst FM only has the MLS in the USA as a default, you can add other divisions in using the new league editor, and I think the teams will already have accurate squads.

The Swedish leagues should also have accurate squads down to the 4th tier atleast.

As for stadiums, I assume you mean the graphical display of stadiums. In that case FM doesn't have accurately represented stadiums in the match engine like Fifa and Pro Evo.

Thanks to all of you so far. I do really like the look and feel of the real stadiums, however, again, not a deal breaker on this like the accurate rosters. Are there any add ons to get the stadiums in game? Again, really, thank you guys!

Edit: I'm heading off for a bit, but I will read the responses when I get back and post anything else I think of. Again, thanks a lot. I did not expect such quick responses!

No add-ons for stadiums, they will be generic for the size.

Also you can't edit mid-game to add players (that would just be odd), however mostplayers will be in and unless an unknown 16 year old starts doing very well this season then they will be in the game and probably accurate.

No add-ons for stadiums, they will be generic for the size.

Really? I thought of reading this anywhere in the blogs. Just like the logos, faces, backgrounds, pitch stuff and so on. I'll have to read those blogs once again, maybe I got something wrong.

@ Sjostrom12

Congratulations for chosing the best manager game (and also the best and quickest gamer community too).

You can also add player faces, logos and much more staff on your FM to make it as much realistic as you want. Just check out the forums here and you'll find massive threads.

Hi Sjostrom12,

The thing about FM that's different from the rest of the management games out there is the level of realism. Where FM lacks in graphic depth it more than makes up for in realism, playability and vast and detailed gaming experience.

I would suggest you maybe download the FM09 demo and try it out...

You can select to play in 50 nations with one or more leagues in them. If you select a league as active, all it's players will be loaded. So if you have the MLS and the Swedish league active, there will be way more than enough players availablt to be able to manage these nations as well.

The game comes with an editor in which you can add or edit any player you like.

However, the database of FM is so good that the new Rooney for sure is already covered in the database.

Archived