+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: The FM08 Career Thread

Youth Team
    MM Arena, Le Mans, France (Big Euro Nation Challenge)

Originally posted by Jonzii:
    Jonzii - Season 09/10

Burgos C.F. - Liga BBVA

League Table
    Squad
    Transfer History

There was no way my current squad was going to be able to compete in Liga BBVA, I desperately needed to bring in some quality but with 200k to spend I was praying that there would be some decent free transfers out there.

Turns out my prayers were answered, quite a few decent players from the french league were available on frees ans most importantly they were interested in joining us. So I snapped a few of the better ones up, they were all considered to be leading starts for Liga BBVA sides.

After a couple of other signings at the back my team looked loads stronger than before, however with the wages I was paying these decent players my finances were getting pretty bad.

These are some of the new players.
    Souleymane Camara Simon Feindouno
    Eric Marester
    Cedric Fabien

Now for the season. Started off poorly, losing my first game quite convincingly at home to Tenerife. But then we went on a 9 game unbeaten run, which pushed us up into the top 5.
    The next 2 games both ended in defeat, but my tactics were now begining to work and make sense which then led to a 18, yes 18 match unbeaten run putting us firmly in the top 3. Things seemed to be going far too well but the new players I had signed were awesome and were really doing the business for me.

Then came the new patch 1st game we played, away to Cadiz who were also hovering around the top 5 saw us get a complete mauling 6-0 which led to a few more awful performances, my once bulletproof tactic was now at best average.

For the rest of the season we struggled with consistency but still managed to stay around the top 5. With 6 games to go we were in 5th, 2 points from a promotion place, somehow we managed 3 wins and draw which took us down to the last day of the season.
    Sitting in 3rd going into the last game, our fate was in our hands. All we needed was a draw at home to Sevilla Athletico who were bottom of the league, we dominated them and won 3-1.

La Liga here we come

Unbeleivably we had achieved successive promotions, we seriously overachieved due to my tactics being sorted for 2 thirds of the season but struggled a few times after the patch. La Liga will be fun but I would be very suprised if we get anywhere near avoiding relegation.

Watch out Barca/Real!!!
    well done!! great achievement..

Amateur

I decided to have a go at this one.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Loaded all available leagues from:
    China, Belarus, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Ukraine and Serbia </pre>

Some rules I have set for myself for my first team:

- The team must be semi-pro or amateur
    - The team has to start in the lowest possible division
    - I'll start outside the big three countries (Russia, Germany, Ukraine)

My profile (started sunday league)

Semi Pro

Jonzil Congrats mate on your achievements. Your career has certainly started off with a bang, i hope i can do the same in Holland!

As for FC Eindhoven i haven't had a huge amount of time to devote to them recently (and the game takes a while to process ). However, i have managed a 1-1 draw with Juventus reserves in one of my friendlies and am about to embark on the League.
    I've managed to get a couple of players on loan, a DC and MC on a free and sold an MC for £180K up front + clauses!
    My biggest news is my parent club. Not having one i asked the board for one and they gave me 2 options: NAC breda or ......PSV! Naturally i went for PSV (paying me £40K a year) and they have already sent me 2 quality players. I'm hoping to get a ST and an AMC before the season begins. However, my wage structure is hampering my acquisitions somewhat

But my career is under way and will playe dmore this evening.....

All the best of everyone

Third Team

Jonzil - great achievement so far!

As for my Stranraer side - things have started nicely. I've brought in some random Italians (seeing as my manager is Italian) who are doing a great job and we're sitting 2nd after 5 games. KUTGW everyone

Amateur

Thanks for the comments guys

Will start my assault on La Liga tonight.

Semi Pro

Resigned as manager of Meppen, due to the lack of funds/wages available, after a good start sitting 2nd for a around 10 games i slumped down to 10th, after 22, i can't see the team progressing with the current situation.

A few jobs available, once again in Urugua, a number in Norway, some Blue Square South teams and i fancy a pop in the Argentinian league...

Semi Pro

Right, holidayed for 2 seasons and no managerial oppurtunities arose. Starting again, gonna change my experience to a higher one.

Good idea.
    Just started. I'm running leagues:-

England - blue square north/south and higher
    France - CFA and higher
    Scotland - Third division and higher
    Slovakia - Second division and higher

Here is my profile (first time doing a screenshot!?)

Third Team

Good luck sven and ToMexico with your new careers

Semi Pro

Trying out an Eastern European Career save this time...

Running to full;

Russia
    Ukraine
    Slovenia
    Slovakia
    Croatia
    Romania
    Hungary
    Poland
    Belarus
    Czech Republic
    Serbia

and loaded nations of Moldova, Bosnia, Albania, Macedonia, Montenegro with Greece and Turkey due to their close location...

Am now the manager of Bonifika. They play in the Slovenian 2nd Division...screenies and end of season report to follow in a few days

Third Team

Great idea loading all the nations from one location. Good luck there - if you see a side called Slavonija in Croatia send my regards!

Third Team

6 games to go in my first season with Stranraer in the Scot 3rd Div and there are 4 teams vying for the automatic promotion top spot with just 3 points between us all! This will really go right down to the wire. This is also the kind of start I need if my managerial career is going to take off - I desparately need to win the league!!

Third Team

Juve Stabia in Serie C1B just said I was favourite for the job - I've declared interest and hopefully can secure a job there for the start of next season.

Incidentally a good tip for progressing from club to club is to keep your contract length as short as possible - it means the clubs that may be interested in you have to pay a smaller compensation fee

Third Team

Ended up not going to Juve Stabia. Stayed on at Stranraer and lost the league by 3 points . However, we went up through the playoffs \o/ hurrah.

2nd Division Scottish football next season or pastures new? I'm yet to decide...

Amateur

Originally posted by iacovone:
    Ended up not going to Juve Stabia. Stayed on at Stranraer and lost the league by 3 points . However, we went up through the playoffs \o/ hurrah.

2nd Division Scottish football next season or pastures new? I'm yet to decide...
    Well done mate

Did you turn down a job offer from Juve Stabia? or did they not follow up their interest?

Third Team

Nope they just appointed someone else without offering it to me. I decided to end my reign at Stranraer in the summer...1 season was enough. I've now taken the reigns at little known Italian C2C outfit Val di Sangro

Not too sure whether this is a step up or step down...At least I'm in a country with a highly reputable top league.

How you getting on Jonzii?

Amateur

Just finished my first season in La Liga, will post an update shortly. My contract was running out, but ended up signing a new one. Not sure why cos I think i'm going to quit, been there 3 1/2 seasons now. My reputation is up to National now so should be able to get a half decent job somehwere.

Amateur

Jonzii - Season 2010/11

Burgos C.F. - La Liga

League Table
    Squad
    Transfers

Pre season was a bit of a struggle. I was trying to bring in players but every time it looked like I was about to sign someone, it got hijacked by a bigger club.
    In the end I only managed to bring in 4 players before the start of the season, and three of them were on loan, the best of them and probably the 2nd best player in the season was Xavier Pentecote from Toulouse.

Well.. the season started well, only lost one of my first 6 games and that was 1-0 away to runaway winners Valencia and I was sitting in the top 8. Scraped 2 more wins and a draw from my next ten games and we were sat just below halfway but pretty comfortable.
    Then everything went wrong, only managed to pick up 2 points from my next 17 games and we were in freefall, moving us to 17th place just 1 point above Espanyol in 18th.
    Luckily in our next game we managed to end our poor run with a 1-0 victory over Murcia, in a game that totally dominated. We followed that up with a draw away to Osasuna and another much needed victory at home to bottom club Almeria.

At this point with 6 games left we were well behind the rest of the league, and it was looking like the final relegation spot was between us and Espanyol. Lucky for us, the recent points had taken us 4 points above them. Manage a couple of draws over the next few games, Espanyol keep losing and we are out of sight going into the last game.

So little Burgos have managed to survive with the big boys and will play at least another season in La Liga, however i will not be there with them as I have just resigned. Time for another challenge I think.

Amateur

Don't know why I wrote that I had resigned. Should have been I will be resigning.

New job wasn't long in coming. Resigned from Burgos just after taking this one. Will still probably look for a club job too, might get a bit boring just doing national job.

My Career So Far

Third Team

Nothing like a good random national job to boost a career!

Semi Pro

A small update of my career so far (not had much game time recently!)........

FC Eindhoven are currently sitting 6th out of 20 teams in the Dutch first division. It is something of a strange league structure
    The winners are promoted
    The teams placed 2-9 qualify for the play-offs, depending if any other teams win the sections. What sections? I'm not sure either
    Anyway, we've got about 12 games remaining and are pretty well placed.
    Leo Borges my Brazilian ST is having a good season, but i'm sniffing around the job market!
    I'm tempted to see out the season, then retire come what may
    I'd be chuffed if we got promotion, we're expected to finish 16th. The board just want us to enjoy the experience

I was approached to take over Sheffield Wednesday, but declined. I want to manage abroad elsewhere before returning to my homeland.

Jonzil Enjoy your International experience

Iacovone How's life in the lower leagues of Italian football? Have you got a decent parent club?
    You never know i might follow you to Italy (I am not a stalker )

Youth Team

Originally posted by cookie15:

FC Eindhoven are currently sitting 6th out of 20 teams in the Dutch first division. It is something of a strange league structure
    The winners are promoted
    The teams placed 2-9 qualify for the play-offs, depending if any other teams win the sections. What sections? I'm not sure either
    Leo Borges my Brazilian ST is having a good season, but i'm sniffing around the job market!
    I'd be chuffed if we got promotion, we're expected to finish 16th. The board just want us to enjoy the experience

I was approached to take over Sheffield Wednesday, but declined. I want to manage abroad elsewhere before returning to my homeland.

Iacovone How's life in the lower leagues of Italian football? Have you got a decent parent club?
    how could you turn down sheffield wednesday?? they're the greatest team in the world...

Third Team

The winners are promoted

Well given my penchant for Italian football I'm loving it so far - and the season hasn't even begun. Seeing as Val di Sangro are the first Italian side I've managed on FM08 I intend to do a good job here and at least get them to Serie C1. Parent and Feeder clubs seem to be all the rage in Italy. I have 5 parent clubs (Siena being the best) and 2 feeder clubs .

Brought in some very good players on loan, and I'm feeling quietly confident about the season ahead despite being predicted to come 14th

Amateur

The winners are promoted

I'll try. Not managed an international team since erm... can't remember when, probably FM06. Might have another job lined up though.

Amateur

Nothing like a good random national job to boost a career!
    Yeah pretty random. Just came from nowhere so I thought I would go for it. Don't really know any of the players so should be a challenge.

Amateur

Hey guys.

Just thought I would join in this thread, I love threads like this.

Anyway, I'm managing in Argentina, with all the South American and North American leagues loaded. However, only Argentina is playable.

I waited a season till the newly promoted sides appeared, and took over at All Boys.

They have a very averagly average squad. The board want me to avoid relegation and I'm predicted to finish 17th. I think I can finish lower-midtable personally.

As the transfer window is closed, I can't improve the squad. But the board have given me £300k to spend in the next window, a pretty good amount for a club of my stature. I have a Brazilian side (Vitoria) as my Parent club, but they haven't loaned me any players.

I currently don't have any staff, but am in the process of hiring about 5 coaches, a Physio and an Ass Man. I think I may have exceeded the wage budget though after these signings.

The squad are also pretty old, most of the starting 11 are over 30, but hopefully they can all be replaced by the end of this season.

Good luck to the rest of you and I will be updating soon.

See you!

Third Team

Best of luck Millsy111

Amateur

Started again with Automatic reputation...Running these leagues if anyone's interested:
    Argentina - 2nd Div
    Brazil - 2nd Div
    England - League 2
    France - National
    Germany - 2nd Div
    Holland - First Div
    Italy - C2
    Scotland - 3rd Div
    Spain - Liga BBVA
    USA - MLS

Applying for jobs as we speak.
    just seen the theard its ok if i join in

Part-Timer

count me in (Y)

are you going to produce a league table ?

Part-Timer

This is a great thread. I am going to take part.

Semi Pro

Originally posted by robbo8608:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iacovone:
    Started again with Automatic reputation...Running these leagues if anyone's interested:
    Argentina - 2nd Div
    Brazil - 2nd Div
    England - League 2
    France - National
    Germany - 2nd Div
    Holland - First Div
    Italy - C2
    Scotland - 3rd Div
    Spain - Liga BBVA
    USA - MLS

Applying for jobs as we speak.
    just seen the theard its ok if i join in </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Everyone is welcome

Part-Timer

I can't get a job got 32 leagues running.

First Team Squad Member

Go on holiday indefinitely and ask it to apply to all vacant jobs (or whatever it is). You should get one then.

Part-Timer

Thats what I am doing got to March and nothing. Started again now doing the same.

Charlton Athletic Researcher

Originally posted by Jonfun1980:
    I can't get a job got 32 leagues running.
    What reputation did you set, and did you load the leagues down to the lowest divisions?

I've started again with different leagues, as it was too hard to get a job.

This time I have loaded the following leagues-

Australia
    Belgium
    Brazil
    China (Used China January 2008 as start date)
    England (to League Two)
    Germany
    Portugal
    South Africa
    Sweden
    USA

I chose Israel, Romania and Denmark last time, but they didn't have many, if any, local/obscure rep clubs, meaning I could only really get jobs in Germany and South Africa at the start.

Sweden has 4 levels with a lot of divisions, Belgium has 3 as does Portugal. Should mean there are a lot more possibilities for finding new jobs.

Anyway I got a job at Skene in the end, and the chairman wants to be in the First Division Elite in 4 years, which means he wants 2 promotions in that time. An ambitious chairman should hopefully make it interesting.

Part-Timer

I started off auto, now tried semi pro.

I run most of the leagues to a lowest level. I am now trying Pro.

Charlton Athletic Researcher

My most promising signing

Only £5k in compensation to his former club Forward, who play a level above us. I offered him first team football which it seems he couldn't turn down.

Semi Pro

After moving FC Eindhoven to an unpredicted 6th i decided to retire and seek pastures new. I was considering a move to a sunnier climb and the idea of Argentina or Brazil really caught the imagination.
    Naturally i opted to take the reins at the sunny club of ...........Dunfermline in the First Division in Scotland

Not a bad squad, but will need some real quality if i can get these guys promoted

Third Team

Welcome to the new guys, personally I'd try at least semi pro or pro because on automatic or sunday league I really struggled to get a job.

cookie best of luck in sunny Scotland.

Semi Pro

Put this on hold for a game or 2...finding it hard to get into a game at the moment, although i'm currently enjoying a save with Falkirk...

Youth Team

finally been offered my first club job - FC Augsberg of 2. Bundesliga. think i will take it on - mainly as i quite like their strip!! germany isn't somewhere i've played a lot, so it'll be somewhere new to go! best pack my suitcase i guess!!

Part-Timer

I got a job last night at Eindhoven. It was the third time I loaded the game. I had to start at Pro level.

Not home till Monday night so I can't play the game.

I will post updates half way through the season and at the end. I am going to hopefully stay with them for 2 season then move on. I want to go up in my first season. The squad is pretty decent.

Amateur

Good luck all

Can't understand why some of you can't get jobs. I have started quite a few games unemployed with auto rep and have always been able to get a job in the lowest tiers. Maybe its a problem if you don't load all the leagues.

Part-Timer

One question I forgot to ask. How do you post screenshots with links.

Like My profile.

You click it and it shows the picture etc.

I have a photobucket account.

Amateur

One question I forgot to ask. How do you post screenshots with links.

Like My profile.

You click it and it shows the picture etc.

I have a photobucket account.
    Click on the URL tag above where you write your post. Where it says URL paste in the link to the image, where it says title write in what you want the link to say. Hope that makes sense.

Part-Timer

Jonzii how is your career going?

Amateur

Jonzii how is your career going?
    Not had much time to play much recently. Played 3 games so far in charge of Bosnia, lost two of them against Spain and Norway, drew away to Austria. They were the last 3 games for WC qualifying but we were already well out of it when I took over.
    To be honest the quality of players to pick from isn't that great, we would need to overachieve or get a really easy group to qualify for the euros. Not sure if its worth sticking around, we will see.

Hows life in Eindhoven?

Part-Timer

Can't play until Monday night. Not at home till then. I am looking forward to it.

Amateur

This sounds good to me, so am will start a new game Running the following leagues with a large database and extra players from New Zealand (were im from)
    ENGLAND-Germany-Portugal-Spain-Italy-Australia-USA-Scotland.(All to the lowest possible Leagues).
    Will post with employment details.

Amateur

Okay so started unemployed and applied for all available jobs even international ones that were available. Next day Vanuatu offered me the position as international mgr...can we do international or is it prefered club??? I am using FM08 latest patch and rep is Automatic.

Amateur

Here is a pic of the offer

Job Offer

Amateur

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Parkera:
    Here is a pic of the offer

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t56/arronp/JobOffer.jpg[/IMG]]Job Offer

Amateur

Part-Timer

Its up to you. Its your career.

Amateur

i started with my crappy 'unproven' tags, with a ton of leagues to choose from. When i started the game, there were 19 jobs available. So, i applied for all of them.
    jobs

I then got offered jobs by a whole load of them to my surprise. So, i checked the teams stats and checked out the budget, and i took the job over at Burghausen, who are in the German Regional Division South. predicted first and have a reasonable transfer and wage budget. £205,000 tb and 31.5k wb.
    offer accepted

Now to play, and work my way upwards. tell you how i do later

Part-Timer

I think this could turn into a great thread if we get a few people that keep it going.

I am looking forward to playing my game. I hope to do a season a week.

Amateur

Originally posted by M0nk3yFac3:
    i started with my crappy 'unproven' tags, with a ton of leagues to choose from. When i started the game, there were 19 jobs available. So, i applied for all of them.
    jobs

I then got offered jobs by a whole load of them to my surprise. So, i checked the teams stats and checked out the budget, and i took the job over at Burghausen, who are in the German Regional Division South. predicted first and have a reasonable transfer and wage budget. £205,000 tb and 31.5k wb.
    offer accepted

Good choice! I started at Burghausen, their team is easily good enough for promotion in the first season. Saying that I never got out of mid table and got sacked .

Amateur

Jonzii - Season 2011/12

Bosnia and Herzegovina

After playing only 3 games I quickly came to the decision that taking this job probably wasn't the best idea, so after just 4 months in charge I decided to resign.

This led to 4 months out of the games for me, brought to an end in the middle of February by My new job.
    Wasn't to sure about going back into International management again but Cameroon are a far better team than Bosnia. They are currently ranked 15th in the world and qualifying for WC 2014 should be straight forward, probably the most difficult team in my group will be Tunisia, the others being Kenya, Lesotho, Namibia and Zambia.

Less than a month later and I was back into club management too. Darren ferguson left 10th place Championship club Peterborough to take over at Cardiff who were bottom of the league at the time which opened the door for me to take over at peterborough.

Took over with 9 games left, 6 points off the playoffs. We lost our first game 2-0 at home to Birmingham, who were chasing a playoff place too, so I didn't hold up much hope of getting close to them. However, we went on to win 6 and draw one of our next 7 games leaving us sitting in 5th place going into the last game of the season, which was away to top of the table Wolves.
    If any of the two teams behind me, Birmingham or Southampton were to win then I would also have to win at Wolves which I couldn't really see happening.

We were never in the game at Wolves and ended up losing 3-0, so it would all go down to what Birmingham and Southampton we doing. Unfortunately Southampton ran out comfortable 3-1 winners against 18th place Millwall leaving us bck in 7th, just one point off the playoff places. Oh well maybe next year.

Peterborough

League Table
    Squad

Cameroon

Squad
    WC Qualifying Group

My career so far.

Amateur

Originally posted by Jonzii:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by M0nk3yFac3:
    jobs

offer accepted

Good choice! I started at Burghausen, their team is easily good enough for promotion in the first season. Saying that I never got out of mid table and got sacked . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha, yeah, played all my friendlies and won them all . a few games in to the season and im top by 2 points.

Youth Team

Excellent thread guys. For me career games is the best way to play and most challenging.

Up until the patch I had a career game with all North & South American leagues running and spend a good few years in the Uruguayan leagues but was unable to get one of the big clubs.

Now I'm really going to go into the unknown. I'm going to try and run a game with all the Asian leagues going with an amateur reputation. I'll post who/where I am once I'm sorted!

Amateur

Just started this guys.

Manager Profile

The mighty Monopoli in Serie C2/C Currently in 14th after 17 games.

Amateur

3 hours later, and iv finished the first season. and with me only get one transfer, a defender, i didnt actually feel i was going to win as my strikers looked kinda poor. but the league went well, and i came top by 5 points

Amateur

Originally posted by M0nk3yFac3:
    3 hours later, and iv finished the first season. and with me only get one transfer, a defender, i didnt actually feel i was going to win as my strikers looked kinda poor. but the league went well, and i came top by 5 points
    Nice one

Amateur

thanks. well, iv barely played today, to much work. however, id like to say im now regional reputation, woo. i plan on leaving them next season for a bigger club if possible, if not, il stay another year. also, i loaned out M.Fenin, great striker according to stats, now lets play some fussball!

Third Team

Been really busy lately guys but just to let you know I got Val di Sangro promoted in my first season there to Serie C1. Building quite a rep as a playoffs master especially after my last job at Stranraer where the same was achieved!

I'll try and do a screenshot update when I've got some more spare time KUTGW everyone

Part-Timer

My job offer

My Offer

Not doing so well.
    Mid Season Table

This is the worst I have ever done on FM. This is my first game with 8.02 and none of my formations seam to work.

Going to try and battle through the season.

Part-Timer

Amateur

ha, 3rd time lucky aye. eindhoven at the bottem, u have ur work cut out for the rest of the season. KUTGW everyone

Part-Timer

Good job, I can't go down. The board are still happy with me.

Amateur

I will be starting out a new career here in a little bit.

I am loading all the available leagues from all countries, will be slow but fun.

Starting rep will be sunday leaguer and will try to take the first job I am offered, post screenies as soon as I am ready.

peace

Amateur

Eric Frontz Profile

Waited about two weeks, no offers so I decided to apply to every club that was available, some 122 teams. Decided to take the team offering the most money on the first day. (maybe a little creed in the mix, but a guy has to make a living right?).

The winner of my immense managerial expertise:

Tibro, my first job

I will try to update on a monthly basis but as I said, I am running every available league so this will not be a quick thing.

See ya for the first update.

Peace

Third Team

Job Offer

Mid Season Table
    Good job no-one gets relegated!

Amateur

well, since starting this the other day, i started out as Burghausen, getting promoted the first season by a few points. all was going well. now im half way through the second season and lying at the top of the table. maybe 2 consecutive promotions in the bag. winning by 8 points and M.Fenin is doing some awsome work

Part-Timer

I am really sad about my first season at Eindhoven, I feel I owe it to myself and the club to stay for the second season and leave them in a better state.

Anyone else had problems with thier old formations with 8.02.

Even though I think not making my defence stronger was my main problem.

Just don't understand how the board can be happy with me.

Third Team

good work M0nk3yFac3 seems like you're doing well. Any other job offers?

Jonfun1980 - I've had similar probs with my tactic since 8.02. Its simply not as effective anymore, needed a few tweaks to get it remotely useful! So did you stay at Eindhoven?

Part-Timer

I am on my last game of the season. Will post end of season stuff late tomorrow night. I feel I need to stay for another season unless they sack me. I don't think they will though.

Amateur

Nice work M0nk3yFac3

Jonfun1980, switching to 8.0.2 nearly killed my season when I was with Burgos, was conceding loads and was just so inconsistant. Eventually I decided to rebuild my tactics from scratch and seem to be back on track now.

Amateur

i never downloaded the new update, couldnt be bothered but there seems to be a few people disliking the update. i just cant be bothered to donwload it until iv finished my on going career.

Well, i literally just finished the season. And whats really wierd is, i only just noticed is that when i got promoted from the German Regional Division South, I went up to the German Second Division. This means that i missed out the German Third Division. Now what is wierd is, the fact that i never remember there being this extra league, and acording to the game there were not past winners in the third division in the 07/08 year, yet every other league there is. aw well, either way i missed out a league and jumped up to the second league after being promoted in the 07/08 year.

Now where was I, o yea, 2nd season in and I came third, which is a promotion place. only 5 points from first, but 1 point from 4th! it went all the way down to the last game in which i won, 2v1, scoring in the 87th minute!

Here i come german first division. Only problem is, im scared that im going to fail. and if i get through about 10 games and im bottem, il leave and find another club.
    hope that all made sence.

Amateur

double post-sorry. Well, i played an hour more, played 6 games of the season and i was currently 2 places from the bottem having only won 1. So, i hit resign from managerial position and went job searching. dun dun duhhhhhh!

My new club is *drum role please*

^_^ not got one yet ^_^
    il tell u on sunday where i am

Part-Timer

WoW you quit. I think you should have tried hard to keep them up. Then went at the end of the season. Unless they are looking to sack you.

Semi Pro

Having not had much time on FM recently, my update has been long awaited!

I am currently managing the mighty Pars (Dunfermline) in sunny Scotland. This followed a pretty successful start to management in Eindhoven.
    There were only 7 games remaining of the season when i took charge and i managed to get them to respectable 5th position in the First Division.
    This season things have gone much better and at the midpoint of the season we are first by one point!
    I've bought in a few new players and a couple on loan. I've managed to attract Celtic as a parent club to boot

I will post screenies over the weekend, certainly when my new recruits appear on Jan 1st. This should strengthen my defence still further!

All the best guys with your careers

Third Team

Val di Sangro Update

3rd season completed. This was my 2nd with Val di Sangro and our first ever season in C1. We started well but then soon found inconsistency and slipped right down the table. A run of 14 games without a win confirmed we'd be battling to stay up. After the winter break we picked up our form and climbed out of the relegation playoff positions before heading on another poor run. With 3 games to go we needed to win them all to have a hope of avoiding the playoffs to go down...which we did! Amazingly our form came together and we stayed out of the relegation playoff positions by 1 point

So not a bad first season, survival is the aim again next year and I'm also open to pastures new

First Team Squad Member

there's some re-structuring done in the german league at the end of the first season to reflect real life changes.

Amateur

i'm entering this later
    british league's
    welsh
    scotish
    n.ireland
    england
    small database cos don't know how pc will run

Part-Timer

This is a really good thread and a great concept.

I like Dafuge and Gondo ones, but I don't think I could stay at one club for that long.

I am thinking due to a lack of regular players in this thread, starting a new one similar to this. But with some goals. So we can work out who is having the best career etc. They don't have to be winning things all the time.

What do you guys think about a new thread?

If so what ideas would you like to see?

Amateur

My first update is a bad update, lol.

After taking over at TIbro with only 9 games left, I tried to bring in some new players and the four I did were of no help as we promptly lost our first two games by a total of 11-1, so I was very disappointed and after the two losses, were helplessly stuck in dead last and was awaiting the axe.

The season was going to be a wash, I decided to get out while I could and while there were still some outstanding apps in. I have waited almost 3 weeks and have a few offers but all of them are from teams in the same position as Tibro, dead last with no hope of getting out of relegation.

I did get an offer from African Warriors and I did get them to agree to a week delay but most likely, I am going to take that post as their season has not started yet.

A few other very interesting offers have been made but with seasons underway, not sure I could take them and do anything with them to keep them up or improve the positions with only partial seasons left.

Will post screenies of my new post when it finally is accepted.

Peace

Third Team

This is a really good thread and a great concept.

I like Dafuge and Gondo ones, but I don't think I could stay at one club for that long.

I am thinking due to a lack of regular players in this thread, starting a new one similar to this. But with some goals. So we can work out who is having the best career etc. They don't have to be winning things all the time.

What do you guys think about a new thread?

If so what ideas would you like to see?
    Not a bad idea, I thought about doing it myself not too long ago. As for ideas:

1) I would create maybe 3/4 sets of guidline set-ups if you were to start a new thread. By this I mean what leagues to run and detail levels etc. Maybe cater for the FMers that have optimum pc's down to those with fairly basic so at least on some level anyone that likes the idea of a career game can take part and join in with the thread.

2)Possibly keep this like Dafuge and Gundo with regard to End of Season updates. They don't necessarily have to be in depth because obviously we'll be moving clubs a lot, but at least something on an annual basis to keep the other FMers interested in your career.

Thats my 2 cents anyway. I'll be in the new thread if you start it

Part-Timer

I will start it tonight.

Amateur

African Warriors

My new place of employment, not a lot to work with moneywise, but I plan to run with The Warriors as far as I can.

Updates when they are merited.

See ya in a few months, lol.

Peace

Amateur

Originally posted by aaberdeenn:
    there's some re-structuring done in the german league at the end of the first season to reflect real life changes.
    oo, i wondered why. thanks.

As for me quiting, i quit because yes, the board were not very happy, kind of demanding better performances or else id get hung, so i quit... i wanted a new challenge too. Iv not played FM since i quit, been slightly busy with work so when i get back on it, il inform you lot with who im with. probably be another low league club. i wont go to another german club, i want to go somewhere else like... erm... Russia or Israel. Just not germany again, or England yet.

The plan i came up with when i started this was to make a good career, becoming a world class manager, winning the champions league, winning as many cups as possible with many clubs across the world (i loaded nearly every country and league, but not all of them) and then when i got bored of club management, take England to the world cup finals, and obviously winning it.

Il play it on sunday and tell who im with

Amateur

ooo, russia it is. Avangard Kursk, in the first division. given me a two year contract and hope to finish in a respectable position in the first division at the end of it.

I took over in September, and they are lying 17th after 34 games/42 games. 8 games left, and im very close to being in the relegation zone (1 point). better get winning.

Third Team

Quick Update

Well season 3 has ended for Val di Sangro and we really pressed on. A poor start was countered by a change in tactics and we went on a great run that culminated in a 7th placed finish. We just fell away towards the end of the season and lost the race for a playoff position.

I've stuck at Val di Sangro as I really believe we can get promotion this year - the season's started well and we're undefeated in 5 games . Come on...!

Semi Pro

need to get back into this challenge as soon as really, still on my falkirk save...i have a number of other nations loaded too so could turn it into some sort of career save at some point...

Third Team

yeah do it ToMexico this thread could do with livening up!!

Semi Pro

yeah do it ToMexico this thread could do with livening up!!
    i'll update you all on my save so far then

Semi Pro

After being voted Manager of the Year, taking Dunfermline into the Scottish Premiership, i've resigned
    24 hrs later i've been offered the job at Chievo.........more to come later

Semi Pro

Leagues loaded in full - Belgium, Bulgaria, Poland, Romania, Scotland. England Loaded to League 2, Sweden to First Div. and Brazil to Second Div.

Started as Falkirk.

Falkirk 07/08

Knowing Falkirk had established themselves as an SPL team, this season was about rooting themselves as a mid-to-upper tabled side. With limited funds both for wages and transfer, i was looking to make the most of what i already had and possibly strengthening in one or two key areas. Looking to take advantage of the reserve players available for transfer, i signed 4 back up players for around 50k, all capable of playing a number of positions. With Falkirk's somewhat low reputation in the SPL attracting many high profile players would be tough, all though signing Seyfo Soley and Vagner Leonardelli for free's would be good coup's. With the sale of Scott Arfield to Watford for 1.4m, i thought i could create a whole new team with that kind of money, until i noticed only 40% of the fee would be made available. With this money i made my most valuable signing; Daryl Murphy for 250k, around 1.75mil below his value. Final Transfers

Looking to play attacking football i adopted my 4-2-3-1 formation from other saves, but soon changed to the familiar 4-4-2 formation. This proved a good move, making 6th spot our own, after a mid season rise to 3rd and fall to 8th. Final Table

So a good start to the season, 2 places above the media prediction.

2nd Season update to follow within the next day or so.

Amateur

Going to try this with 28 leagues to see just how hot my new computer is.

The 28 Leagues:
    Argentina (PRM)
    Australia (A-League)
    Brazil (3rd & up)
    England (League 2 & up)
    France (CFA & up)
    Germany (Bundesliga)
    Holland (Eredivisie)
    Italy (Serie C2 & up)
    Mexico (PRM)
    Russia (PRM)
    Scotland (PRM)
    South Africa (PRM)
    South Korea (K-league)
    Spain (Liga BBVA & up)
    Turkey (PRM)
    USA (MLS)

I'm going to start unemployed as a Semi-Pro Footballer and see what happens. I'm giving myself the liberty of German second nationality, as its one of the nations of my ancestry so I have another language. I'm also setting a goal of no more than 3 years with any squad.

I'm starting in June 2007

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast