+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Results 2,601 to 2,652 of 2652

Thread: The FM08 Career Thread

Semi Pro
    Wolverhampton, Moving back to Hartlepool in 5 days.

Default Re: The Career Thread

I forgot to mention I set my rep at Semi-Pro footballer as I hate managing in the lowest leagues.

Finally on the 8th of March I finally got offered a job. Meet the new Stockport manager Erich Seyss. A young man of English/Austrian descent.

After 35 games Stockport are 21st in League 2. They have Won 9 Drawn 8 and Lost 18. With 35 points they are 4 points clear of the relegation zone. I'll keep you updated.
    Last edited by blowcrapup; 20-09-2008 at 17:52. Reason: Misread info I'm not £17k over my wage budget.

Amateur

Can anyone recommend a nation similar to Guam or American Samoa, or do they get better over time as you win games ect. Yeah any way what's a good low, really low nation to start as . Cheers

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Peter G View Post
    Can anyone recommend a nation similar to Guam or American Samoa, or do they get better over time as you win games ect. Yeah any way what's a good low, really low nation to start as . Cheers
    It depends on what you are looking for long term. I had a game when I started in the MLS and won it twice with Dallas but I couldn't get a job above league 2 in England. If you intend to move around a lot you will find it quite hard as it can be difficult to raise your rep to get better jobs.

I'd go for Hong Kong as based on the other leagues you mentioned its a similar level. You could try India as well.

Amateur

TO SUMMERISE MY YEAR AND A HALF
    i am torquay i am a semi pro manager i came top of the bsp by 10 points
    i won the setanta shield beat exeter 3-1
    i won the fa trophy beating stevenage 1-0
    i am 29 games in to league 2 and i am tenth
    MY TRANSFERS:i had no budget so i signes alot of free tranfers mikoliunious,cesnaskus both from kaunas also darren byfield from bristol and i got aaron brown from reading
    I am currently 4 points off a playoff place

Good luck blowcrapup

Semi Pro

Cheers.

2007/08 Season Update

I didn't get offered my first job until Stockport came along in March. After starting at 21st in the league with 11 games to go I managed to claw my way up to 18th by the end of the season. In the 11 games I was in charge for I Won 5 Drew 4 and Lost 2. I think next season, as long as I can replace the loaned players I had, I think I could be pushing for a playoff place next season. One problem is the club is nearly £250k in the red so this needs to be sorted ASAP.

League Table

Career History

2007/08 - Stockport - League 2 18th

Honours

None yet....

Aims for next season

Top half of the table pushing for playoff spot.
    3rd round of FA or League cup to ease money worries.
    Hopefully make a profit
    Last edited by blowcrapup; 21-09-2008 at 00:47.

Amateur

Okay i've debated about doing this many a times and i've had a couple of efforts that have resulted in nothing with Umedalen in the Swedish Lower league and Stafford Rangers in the Blue Square Premier. One thing that i did find highly amusing in my Stafford Rangers game was that i started in the South African leagues as Hannover Park. I then noticed that i was already £400p/w over my wage budget of a massive....... £365p/w. Noticing this when i tried to sign some players in place of my current players, all youth players. It came up with an error saying that it would destabalize the club if i bought anyone. Not being content i went to Stafford but found that mind numbingy boring.

So my new career that i have just started includes a huge range of leagues, i hope to achieve success in all the countries that i have chosen and from the top of my head i can count about 10 countries: England, France , Germany , Italy , Spain , Argentina , Chile , Scotland , Hong Kong , Ukraine which i think is all of them. Anyway i started as a Semi-Professional , English manager and awaited some of the clubs to accept me. There were only two clubs that did approach me was two teams in the Hong Kong First Division, Tai Po and Workable. I accepted Tai Po and i am currently employing a strong defensive tactic which imploys a counter-attacking system. The defence seems to be working as in my 4 friendlies i kept two clean sheets and only conceded one goal in the others. In one of the ones that i kept a clean sheet, i scored 3.

Semi Pro

Good luck with the career Peter.

In a quick update to my Stockport game its coming up to the end of december and I'm sitting 4th in the league and in the third round of the FA cup with an away game at Blackburn so the cash will be rolling in .

Amateur
    just started Dafuges challenge with Oxford City

just started a career...i set my rep as sunday leaue player and went unemployed untill sutton united offered me a job in june 2008.. i have mutually terminated all backroom staff including my assitant manager. have asked for both parent and feeder clubs and waiting for the board response. there medis prediction is 4th so quite high expectations.
    will keep posting as my season and career goes along....

andy
    Last edited by andylincoln; 24-09-2008 at 19:13. Reason: spelling

Semi Pro

Another quick update. I have 6 games left and I'm sat in 3rd and guarnteed a playoff place.

Good luck Andy.

Amateur

Wink Re: The Career Thread

hi im looking to start a new game.got board winning evryting with Milan....so want to have save game wich whould be fun. just i get board after one season with my milan game thanks for helping!
    ps patch im useing is 8.02

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by dj clark boy View Post
    hi im looking to start a new game.got board winning evryting with Milan....so want to have save game wich whould be fun. just i get board after one season with my milan game thanks for helping!
    ps patch im useing is 8.02
    This can be really fun but you have to be careful to pick leagues you enjoy managing. e.g I don't enjoy the lowest leagues - Blue Square Prem and below etc. If you do this and are slightly lucky with your first team this can be really fun. Also for something a little different you can try playing without real players like I am. This means you have scout to find the best players and adds a lot to the game but its your choice. The most important thing is to make sure you can have fun with it.

Semi Pro

2008/09 Season Update

Well started the season predicted to finish 13th and ended up finishing 3rd so I exceeded my own aim of mid-table as well as my other goals, making a profit of about £2m. Hopefully can keep this up next season. I seem to have had a lot of players who were at least League 1 class already only needing to replace my goalkeeper. I think I can keep the side up next season but it could be close.

League Table

Cups

League Cup

1st Round - Stockport 2 1 Huddersfield
    2nd Round - Stockport 0 6 Tottenham - I earned £600k gates receipts for this game

Johnstones Paint Trophy North

2nd Round - Stockport 3 2 Huddersfield
    Quater Final - Stockport 1 2 Darlington

FA Cup

1st Round - Stockport 4 0 Welling
    2nd Round - Stockport 1 0 Luton
    3rd Round - Stockport 1 4 Blackburn - I earned £200k for this game.

Career History

2008/09 - Stockport - League 2 3rd Promoted
    2007/08 - Stockport - League 2 18th

Honours

Club

None

Personal

Manager of the Month Jan

Aims for next season

Avoid relegation.
    3rd round of both cups
    Avoid going back into the red.
    Last edited by blowcrapup; 28-09-2008 at 10:07. Reason: grammer

Amateur

Right, I've been away from FM for a while. Not through choice, because of my laptop breaking and me not been able to afford a new one. Anyway I always fancied doing a good career game but my laptop wasnt really up to running the leagues that I wanted, but now I have bought a new one so i decided to get a career game going. Heres a screenie of the leagues I'm running as well as my profile.

I set my rep as automatic, is that recommended?

Semi Pro

It should be what ever you want it to be but a lower one creates a more realistic game.

Amateur

Ok. I'll keep it as it is and see how it goes!

Amateur

Got my first job, Redditch United in the Blue Square North. We are 21st after 20 games and 2 points from safety. I reckon I can move them up to a comfortable mid table position by the end of the season, but we'll see.

Amateur

Have just started this once more...

Wanted quite a worldwide feel to the game, so im running leagues from all over the place.
    Also, im not really interested in managing at the lowest level so ive started unemployed with a Professional reputation.

Started the game in March 08, it seems that way there are alot of managers whos jobs are insecure, so more become avaliable quickly than would be the case starting a game in June or July 07.

So I am....

Name: Monk d'Wally d'Honque
    Nationality: Kyrgryzstani - Uzbek
    Past Experience: Professional Footballer

Hoping to get a lower midtable job in the top division of either Ukraine, Belarus, Serbia, Czech republic, Hungary or another similar place...

No offers as yet, so i'll go on holiday

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by seanefc View Post
    Have just started this once more...

Wanted quite a worldwide feel to the game, so im running leagues from all over the place.
    Also, im not really interested in managing at the lowest level so ive started unemployed with a Professional reputation.

Started the game in March 08, it seems that way there are alot of managers whos jobs are insecure, so more become avaliable quickly than would be the case starting a game in June or July 07.

So I am....

Name: Monk d'Wally d'Honque
    Nationality: Kyrgryzstani - Uzbek
    Past Experience: Professional Footballer

Hoping to get a lower midtable job in the top division of either Ukraine, Belarus, Serbia, Czech republic, Hungary or another similar place...

No offers as yet, so i'll go on holiday
    Right, well i failed to get started AGAIN

couldnt get any job worth having despite a professional reputation, im guessing that top division clubs want managers who have some actual managerial experience in the game, not just a high reputation from their playing days...

starting again now, with almost the same leagues, but many more lower divisions.

will lower my reputation to semi-pro aswell (it just seems somehow 'wrong' to start as a pro or an international...) and see how i get on

Amateur

Finaly have a job...

** Cassino in Italy Serie C2/C **

Started with a semi pro reputation and went on holiday for a few weeks before it came along, took over with them sitting 11th in the league (having predicted 14th), just 1 point above the relegation zone with 8 games left to play

expectations for the next two seasons are just to stay in Serie C.

the squad seems ok, no real gaping holes... but im not sure yet, because im not really familiar with the expected standard at this level.

finances again seem alright, it seems Cassino are one of the smaller Serie C teams (on team value atleast), yet there is still £18k in the transfer budget and we are slightly under budget for wages.

Have just played my first game, which went well, a 2-0 home win over Vibonese, my Argentine midfielder on loan from our parent club Salernitana scored them both.

Amateur

After starting a career in Finland with FC Haka, I missed out on all the European places and resigned. I was offered a job by Persires, an promoted Indonesian side with no professional players. After signing Cameroon striker Antonio Fongang, he scored in all of our first 14 games (incl. 4 friendlies). We pulled off some shock results but were in the end relegated.

My next job came in the form of Queen's University Belfast in the Northern Irish Second Division. After being tipped for a mid-table finish, I beat all odds to take us up a division, finishing second after leading the campaign most of the season. We are currently battling for a promotion spot in the First Division which could take us up to the Premier Division against the likes of Glenavon. Glen Duerr was topscorer for me last season with 21 goals and has currently scored 8 in 6 games this season.

Amateur

After quiting and starting (yet again!) i hope to have found a team to stick with...

it is now pre season and Cambridge City have offered me a job...
    they are coming off the back of 7th place last year, so should have a reasonable side in place

i feel its quite a good offer for just a semi pro reputation, so lets see if i can stick at it this time!!

Semi Pro

After reaching mid spetember with Stockport I grew bored of them so Erich Seyss is now looking for a new job hopefully abroad.

Amateur

Season 2007/08 Summary

After taking the Redditch United job halfway through the season I have just completed the first season of my career. When I took over we were in the relegation zone and the board pretty much just wanted to stay up. I was hoping for more. That was a little optimistic, the squad was pretty poor and I struggled to make any quality additions to it. As you can see from the league though, we did manage to stay up. The board were pleased and they were particularly happy with the few signings I did manage to make.

As for next season, I am already in pre-season and have had a complete overhaul of the squad. I'm happy with it although currently a bit on the small side. Anyway, gonna see how this season goes. Hoping to be up in the top half of the table and maybe even nick a playoff place. Maybe being a bit optimistic again but we'll see how it goes.

Few Screenies
    Confidence
    Summary

Amateur

Took us 40 seconds to score our first goal of the season. Went on to draw 1-1 but had two goals disallowed in injury time!!

Semi Pro

After being upemployed for a while Seyss gets a job in the Belgaian third Division at Walhain. Hopefully he can continue his successes.

Amateur

Started this with these nations loaded to the lowest league:
    Argentina
    Brazil
    Chile
    England
    Holland
    South Korea

Started with a semi professional reputation, got a job offer straight away, this being from Vera Cruz FC. They were 7th in the Brazilian 3rd division when I took charge with 1 win from 4. I dunno why, I thought they had a decent squad. Still think there's room for improvement though . So I played my first game in charge away to Rio Negro C (AM), manged to come away with a 4-2 win away from home which I was chuffed about. Then I managed to loan 4 youngsters from my parent club Nautico. Danilo Lins, Odilon, Eduardo Bruno and Helton just in time for the home game against Coruripe. I went into the game confident we could win, at what a good win it was, new signing Danilo Lins scoring a hatrick in his first game for the club. We won comfortably 3-0. Thats that, thats all I've played so far, so I'll post updates in the upcoming days

Semi Pro

2009/10 Season Update

After quite a poor start to the season at Stockport I didn't fancy sticking around to be fired so mid-september I left. I holidayed until February when I was offered the RW Walhain CG job. With them 12th in the League expecting to be relegated as the season before they were unplayable I was in for a hard time. I ended up 7th after a good run of results.

League Table

Career History

2009/10 - RW Walhain CG - Belgium 3rd Division B - 7th
    2008/09 - Stockport County -English League 2 - 3rd Promoted
    2007/08 - Stockport County -English League 2 - 18th

Honours

Club

None

Personal

League 2 Manager of Month Awards - 1

Aims for next season

Avoid relegation.
    Try to get out of the Red.

My reputation is up to National now and I'm starting to be linked to jobs in League 1.

Semi Pro

Just gonna start another career game
    Not much time till FM09, so I'm not having all leagues in each nation this time:

Belgium - Jupiler League
    England - Coca Cola League 2
    Holland - Eerste Divisie
    Italy - Serie A
    Russia - Premier Division
    Scotland - First Division
    Spain - Liga BBVA

I'm hoping to get a decent career going now Will be hard to get that much done though, with my sign up, and my online FM clan. But I'm sure I can get some decent time put into the game.

Semi Pro

I got fired from Walhain as I tried to go on holiday till the start of the season but forgot to turn off apply for all jobs D'OH. I've now applied for several jobs else where including Walhain's rivals.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Mnchster67 View Post
    After starting a career in Finland with FC Haka, I missed out on all the European places and resigned. I was offered a job by Persires, an promoted Indonesian side with no professional players. After signing Cameroon striker Antonio Fongang, he scored in all of our first 14 games (incl. 4 friendlies). We pulled off some shock results but were in the end relegated.

My next job came in the form of Queen's University Belfast in the Northern Irish Second Division. After being tipped for a mid-table finish, I beat all odds to take us up a division, finishing second after leading the campaign most of the season. We are currently battling for a promotion spot in the First Division which could take us up to the Premier Division against the likes of Glenavon. Glen Duerr was topscorer for me last season with 21 goals and has currently scored 8 in 6 games this season.
    I went up to the Premier Division - taking the title and the fans' respect!

Part-Timer

Best thread on here, great read.

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Jonfun1980 View Post
    Best thread on here, great read.
    It's been quiet for a while but there's certainly some great stories in here.

Part-Timer

Hope it gets better for 09.

Amateur

Hi all. I'm considering starting a career save. I know FM09 is imminent but I've not had '08 long, as I've only just made the leap of faith from CM after having played that from the first edition.

But before I start, can you please give me your opinions on how many leagues I can comfortably run? I don't really want to know how many my PC can struggle away with. My system is Pentium4, 2.8ghz (single core unfortunately), 2gb RAM, Windows XP.

Thanks in advance, G.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Beneamata View Post
    Hi all. I'm considering starting a career save. I know FM09 is imminent but I've not had '08 long, as I've only just made the leap of faith from CM after having played that from the first edition.

But before I start, can you please give me your opinions on how many leagues I can comfortably run? I don't really want to know how many my PC can struggle away with. My system is Pentium4, 2.8ghz (single core unfortunately), 2gb RAM, Windows XP.

Thanks in advance, G.
    You should be good to run a fair few with that. I run 13 leagues on Pentium 4 1.73ghz and 2gb RAM with Vista () and its ok. You could comfortably run about 20 I think probs more.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by blowcrapup View Post
    You could comfortably run about 20 I think probs more.
    Really?? I'd never have thought that many, but I've never tried so you know more than me LOL. There was a someone earlier in the thread running about 20-25, but with a dual-core processor. What year are you in with your save, seeing as the database gets bigger?

I should have asked too - what size of database could I handle and does it really matter?

Thank you.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Beneamata View Post
    Really?? I'd never have thought that many, but I've never tried so you know more than me LOL. There was a someone earlier in the thread running about 20-25, but with a dual-core processor. What year are you in with your save, seeing as the database gets bigger?

I should have asked too - what size of database could I handle and does it really matter?

Thank you.
    I'm in 2013/14 and my save file size is 280,734 kb (not sure but I think thats 2.8mb) and I have no slow downissues yet.

Database size - At 20 leagues you should be able to run a large database easily going down to a medium database as you head towards 30 leagues. (I'm not sure about these though I've never tried)

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by blowcrapup View Post
    I'm in 2013/14 and my save file size is 280,734 kb (not sure but I think thats 2.8mb) and I have no slow downissues yet.

Database size - At 20 leagues you should be able to run a large database easily going down to a medium database as you head towards 30 leagues. (I'm not sure about these though I've never tried)

OK mate, thanks very much for your help. I'll give it a bit more thought and maybe start tonight or tomorrow.

Amateur

OK folks, I've decided on my leagues and will be starting tonight or tomorrow. Incidentally, can someone tell me how to hyperlink my screenshot uploads so they have my text instead of photobucketblahblah....?

Leagues will be -

Brazil, Nat 1st
    England, down to L2
    France, L1 Orange
    Germany, 1st Div
    Holland, Prem
    Italy, down to C2
    Scotland, down to D2

and if I've counted correctly that should be 15 leagues (7 of them top divisions). I'm a worrier and I'm not totally confident I can run more than that efficiently. But at the same time there should be enough lower leagues in there to get me started and enough top leagues to let me move around later in the game.

I've never managed in Germany before, the mid-season break always put me off. And Brazil too, so I'm really looking forward to managing there some time; but I'm going to leave that alone until I have a decent reputation that'll get me safely into another top division club because I've noticed the Brazilian clubs can be trigger happy with their bosses.

Favoured clubs that I hope to get into at somepoint on my travels are -

Brazil, Santos and Flamengo
    England, Wolves and Forest
    France, P.S.G.
    Germany, Eintracht frankfurt and Hertha
    Holland, Feyenoord
    Italy, Torino and Lucchese
    Scotland, P. Thistle, St. Mirren and Dundee Utd.
    and lastly, Inter - my first love and dream job.
    On the international scene I'm not too fussed if nothing ever turns up, at the moment anyway. If I got an interesting opportunity I'd re-consider.

That's it for now. I'll be back. And please - how do you hyperlink the uploads???

EDIT - forgot to list Spain and decided to include Russia too seeing as I've never managed there.
    Last edited by Beneamata; 29-10-2008 at 20:49.

Amateur

Have decided to give a career one final go, this time with as realistic an approach as possible...

Have started with the following divisions

England - all divisions
    Germany - all divisions

Italy - top two divisions
    France - top two divisions
    Spain - top two divisions
    Russia - top two divisions
    Portugal - top two divisions

Holland - top division
    Brazil - top division
    Argentina - top division
    Mexico - top division

Those leagues should give some variety... the plan is to build up a reputation and win the champions league, then move to south america at some point and win the Libertadoros.

As might be obvious from the league selection, i am planning to start in the lower tiers of either England or Germany, i have started as 'real' as possible, being myself, with my own nationalitys, and my own football experience (sunday league )

Currently have 3 offers on the table two from BS N/S, and one from BSP, delaying all untill the end of the season, purely because i want to wait and see what happens in germany with the reshuffle of the league system in summer 2008 in to 3 national divisions and than a 4th division made up 3 parallel regional leagues (i think). There should hopefully be some new teams 'promoted' to become playable, might be a good place to look for a job.

I think the leagues offer a good range of future challenges... for instance i would love to one day take a side like Luch Valdivostok from far eastern russia (by korea) to european glory, or win the champions league with Everton, and at some point take over a really massive club, like Real Madrid, or AC Milan, something i never really do on FM. It must be amazing to get a job like that after starting out at the very bottom, anyhow, we shall see how far i can get! (im planning not to buy FM2009 until the first patch anyway, so i might have quite a while, although i will probably change my mind and buy it the first week of release :P)

By the way, there are some excelent threads on here, have enjoyed reading through them. 'robbo3d' certainly has the career i am hoping to emulate (spelling?)

Part-Timer

robbo3d was a great read and I think the best career on FM08.

It would be good if someone could seprate all his updates and put it into the FM stories.

Banned
    Chairman of the Lee Johnson appreciation society!!

Just started a game with Luton on -30, attempting to win promotion, could be tough, but I have brought in some quality loan signings. O'Hara, Gavin Williams, and Johann Djourou. Still second favourites to come bottom though.

Amateur

Been restarting this over and over, keep changing my mind with teams...

I find the lowest levels very difficult to get in to, all the players just seem very close together in terms of ability

Starting again now, will go semi-pro this time, in the hope of starting in League 2 or something.

I no longer care that 'sunday league' or 'automatic' are the 'proper' reputations to start with
    starting with a tiny club does my head in!

on a more serious note, does anyone know wether the game takes in to account a managers nationality when determining which teams will hire you? In other words, if i did want to start with an Auto or Sunday League reputation with English as my nationality, would i be largely limited to English clubs?

Reserves

Most likely seanefc, though I was hired once in Sweden and Singapore when I had no knowledge of that country (with Canadian nationality)...

First Team Squad Member

Seanefc, in my experience it has a minimal impact, especially at the lower levels.

Seems to have an influence on international management and the big jobs at the highest level. I found, for instance, that bigger clubs in England would consider me than in Italy, France and Germany in one of my games. But there wasn't that much difference overall.

Makes no difference, as far as I can see, when you're starting out. I've got lower league jobs in Italy with an English nationality just as easily as if it were BSN/BSS.

Amateur

Hullo all,

I've not been on this thread for ages (work, life and just general lack of time for FM) but now with the new FM out and some free time on my hands I feel like 'careering' it again. Anyone know if we'll be keeping this thread to just FM08 and starting a new FM09 one or whether they'll both be lumped together?

Part-Timer

I think a new one should be started.

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Jonfun1980 View Post
    I think a new one should be started.
    Here you go

Amateur

Started a new game unemployed with a semi-pro reputation. Still on FM2008 by the way.

Leagues Loaded:
    Czech Republic: First Division
    England: League 2 upwards
    Germany: Division 3 upwards
    Hungary: Division 1
    Italy: Serie C2 upwards
    Portugal: Bwin League
    Russia: Premier League
    Spain: Liga BBVA upwards
    Argentina: Premier Division
    Brazil: First Division

Benevento Calcio - Italy - Serie C2/C

After job hunting for around a month, I took the excelent offer on the table from Benevento in the Italien Serie C2/C. The date is 16th March 2008, and there are 7 games of the season remaining.

It is imedietly apparent that this is a job with high expectations, Benevento had been predicted a first place finish in the league this season, and the board were asking from promotion in the next two years.

Benevento currently sit 5th in the division in the final play off spot, 5 points behind leaders Catanzaro.

Initial impressions of the squad are good, although a bit short in midfield and without a very good keeper. The best area is certainly up front with a couple of very good strikers, who are currently 2nd and 6th goal scorers in the division.

The best area of the club is the finances, this is not a team which is short of money with 1.4m sat in the bank account, and a £750k transfer budget (some of which i may move over to wages)

Aims:
    Serie C2/C - Make playoffs (winning the division is still obviously possible, but it may be a bit too ambitious for my first 7 games in charge)

Benevento Squad

screenshot is a bit late
    Last edited by seanefc; 15-11-2008 at 15:16. Reason: cannot use tages correctly!

Amateur

Okay I've Started a game

Leagues Loaded:

England - Coca cola Championship upwards
    Italy - Serie A
    Scotland - First Divison Upwards

I will be starting unemployed and as An automatic manager =]

Amateur

Default Re: The FM08 Career Thread

After taking Benevento to the playoff final, and getting sacked after losing in extra time, i decided just to start again with the same settings

Started a new game unemployed with a semi-pro reputation.

Leagues Loaded:
    Czech Republic: First Division
    England: League 2 upwards
    Germany: Division 3 upwards
    Hungary: Division 1
    Italy: Serie C2 upwards
    Portugal: Bwin League
    Russia: Premier League
    Spain: Liga BBVA upwards
    Argentina: Premier Division
    Brazil: First Division

Want to start in Italy again i think, but this time not with a club who will sack me after 7 games in charge

Amateur

Default Re: The FM08 Career Thread

This is the timeline of Mick Rowley, an Irish manager (born 11.5.1971) who favours Leeds.

Began with reputation as Pro Footballer, and only loaded the leagues from Scotland and England. I wish I had loaded Ireland as well, there are always job there.

Started unemployed. Began work with Northwich Victoria shortly after.

Worked as manager of Northwich from 9.7.2007 until 1.7.2008. I finished the season, after having been in the top 6 or much of the season, in 10th. I applied for jobs after that and accepted one from Stockport.

Stockport, what a great club, I was there a bit longer, from 1.7.2008 until 6.24.2010. While with Stockport, I finished in 11th spot both seasons and made a handful of decent signings. I received a job offer from Oxford at this time, who had found double promotion and were trying to stay afloat in Football League One.

I am with Oxford from 6.24.2010 until 14.1.2012, and during this time reject a job offer from West Ham, as well as one from a less lucrative club Falkirk. I kept them up for one reason, and resigned the next during the January transfer window after morale was low, the players hated me, we were sitting in third to bottom and I couldn't attract anyone good enough to get us out of the slump. I wanted to do what was right, so I walked away as it had become a disaster and there were cries for blood. Unfortunately, they were relegated in last place.

I apply for jobs and take up a position at Cheltenham on 5.3.2012. I demand transfer funds, as the team is in shambles and there was no way I had the patience to try and work with the mostly rubbish players there. I am Mick Rowley after all, I cannot take this crap from these degenerates! I issue an ultimatum to the board and am sacked. This is 1.7.2012. Well, I made it over 100 days and am turning out to be quite a controversial and unattached manager. At least my description is "Respected Boss."

I apply or jobs, and decide to take a position at Burscough (rejecting Shrewsbury and Macclesfield). I'm with Burscough right now and am determined to guide them into Football League Two within four years. I've found that the free transfer market is quite lucrative, picking up castaways from Sunderland, Reading and Sheffield Wednesday in the process.

I'm waiting for that spot at Leeds to open up (who have Gustavo Poyet as their manager and don't look like ever sacking him, with them just being relegated from the Premiership to the CCC and probably top contenders for a bounce back to the EPL). I'd also like to manage Swansea or Cardiff, and Hibernian.

The goal... Leeds, Ireland, and some silverware.

Manager information:

Highest fee spent: £375k for John Sutton on 27.7.2010
    Highest fee received: £250k for Sergio Tejera on 1.1.2012
    Time at Burscough: 68 days
    Longest time at a club: 723 days (Stockport County)
    Shortest time at a club: 118 days (Cheltenham Town) -- *******
    Number of awards won: 1
    Number of players bought: 31
    Number of players sold: 29
    Number of players released: 30
    Total value of players bought: £950,000
    Total value of players sold: £375,000
    Number of teams managed: 5
    Total career earnings: £210k

Games won: 87
    Games drawn: 79
    Games lost: 92
    Goals scored: 321 (1.2 p/m)
    Goals conceded: 315 (1.2 p/m)
    Goal difference: 6

I should also note that this is only the second time I have played without using the editor, reloading matches to get better results (which I consider cheating), or using multiple users to inject cash into my team. The first time went really well, but was tough, as I tried to steer Leeds into the Premiership, did so, only for a board to takeover and sack me instantly.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27