Not willing to discuss a contract at current time. Anyone signed?

I am managing Shakhtar and Carlos Tevez is coming to the end of his contract with Man Utd when I offer him a contract it gives the message no interested at the current time blah blah blah. This is better than a flat out no isnt it?

Any chance I could actually sign him or is he just being polite? I have praised him and offered a contract a few times, no one else is interested in him at the moment.

Any ideas on how to sign him or is it impossible?

Originally posted by Wazzerphuk:

Two options:

1) Wait.

2) Offer very lucrative contracts. This will sometimes work with some players.

ive only found the big contract offer works with greedy 18 yr olds so i didnt mention it

but the testing team know better than i do icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by AcidBurn:

Thanks for the replies but he signed for Real Madrid for some reason lol.

It's no loss. I just normally sell the buggers. Then, when I play the team he signs for, I deliberately man mark him and always set his man marker to tackle him hard.

That'll teach 'em. You got the money for him, found a better replacement, and with any luck, he'll be out for weeks with a nasty injury.

Originally posted by GeordieInExile:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AcidBurn:

Thanks for the replies but he signed for Real Madrid for some reason lol.

It's no loss. I just normally sell the buggers. Then, when I play the team he signs for, I deliberately man mark him and always set his man marker to tackle him hard.

That'll teach 'em. You got the money for him, found a better replacement, and with any luck, he'll be out for weeks with a nasty injury. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wrong thread?

Archived