[FM09] Central European Runaround

ToMexico!!

FM09 - 9.0.3 with FM Update Player Update V8 by Steven & Chris

Nations Loaded - Austria, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Slovakia, Slovenia and Switzerland.

All leagues have been loaded. The aim of this career is to be as successful as possible with a a manager from a small nation, in this case being a Faroese national. I aim to play in all the above countries at any level. I will not aim to win every league, if i get an offer from a bigger club at any given time, depending on circumstances I will accept and move on.

Personal

The first nation that i plan to manage in is Slovenia. I have taken charge of Mura in the 2nd division.

Club Information

Stadium/Facilities

Squad - I have some decent players in the squad which I am looking to build around. Goran Ristic, Darjan Slavic and Marko Balazic the ones to look out for. Our Assman seems to think RB in the problem area, which I agree with. I am also looking to refresh the forward line and maybe another CB.

Staff - All the staff are rubbish. Will look to ship them out towards the end of the season. I will definately look to bring in a new Scout and maybe Assman depending on finances.

Finances - Bumper funds for such a small club. Sponsorship deal runs out at the end of the season. We have a small 9k to spend which will help. Wage budget is small problem, one is that it is small, just 1.3k a week and two, we are spending 1.17k leaving us with £130 a week left. I will have to get rid of a few players before more can come in.

Club Affiliates - Only one feeder club who i will look to send a few youngsters to. No parent club which i will look to address as these are a massive help to anyones season.

Aims for the Season

• Clear deadwood
  • Find new strikeforce
  • Survive the first season.

Nice opening ToMexico, I'll follow this with interest :thup:

Is there a particular club you'd aim to manage at some point? A club close to Mr ToMexico's heart?

Not that i can think of at the moment, obviously what i would like to happen is go something like this Mura > then a Slovakian side > Debrecen/Ujpest > Rapid Wien/Salzburg > Basel/Zurich > a German team like Schalke/Stuttgart > then a top Italian side.....it won't turn out like that but it'd be nice...

2008/09 - NK Mura 05 - 2. Slovenska Nogometna Liga

Predicted - 8th

Finished - 1st - Champions

Positions Graph

Transfers - Firstly I had to remove the deadwood from the squad. We had a roster of around 22 players of which around seven or eight were rendered useless. I offered them out and got little response, only for those who would be free. Slowly but surely players began to leave and in total eleven went. Two left for feeder club Bakovci, one was released and seven went to lower league clubs. Two players left for fee's, first was Bencik to Koper for a measly 5k and second was Janza to Interblock for a larger 50k.

That paved the way for a number of better players to arrive. I created a link with first division club Domzale, on doing so they sent my Amer Krcic, the forward would lead the line for me. I paid a sum of 7k for my next player, Kunstelj, the midfielder would become and integral part of the club. I then signed an attacking midfielder to offer that option from the bench. Utility player Primoz Petek from Zavrc for free, again he would be used from the bench unless injuries became a problem. Another player came in just before the beginning of the season as cover for the left back position. Injuries did become a problem and we suffered in centre midfield. That meant another signing was needed and free agent Goran Kovacevic arrived.

League - We started off on fire both home and away. The 5-0 thrashing of Livar sent shock waves through the division and showed we meant business. That began a run of five straight wins, a highlight was beating Krsko, 4-0. Our first loss of the season came to Olimpija, a 3-2 away defeat. We then won another four on the bounce, before losing to Livar. Shortly after we suffered another two defeats, this time to Krsko and Olimpija again. After a couple of draws we were back to winning ways, only losing on the last day of the season. so we won 10 of our last 13 games. From the graph at the beginning we did not relinquish our top spot all season. Dropping down to second did come pretty close as Triglav and Zagorje did draw level on points on a couple of occasions early on in the season.

Pokal Hervis - So from the results you can see we won Slovenia's answer to the FA Cup. From this win I can take some other positives, one being that we will be able to compete in the first division and that there isn't much difference in competition levels. Anyway, back to the cup win. We beat three fellow league rivals on the way to the Quarter Final. Where we met Interblock, beating them comfortably at home 3-1. That set up a two legged tie against Primorje. At home we were on fire, winning 3-0 in the process. Away was totally different. We lost the tie 3-0 but that meant penalties as we were drawing 3-3. Both teams had scored eight penalties each before Primorje missed their ninth. That gave us and Petek the chance to send us to the final, his penalty was successful and we were set to meet Maribor in the final.

The final was to be played at a neutral venue, just a tad under 4000 fans witnessed an incredible game which we would turn out to be winners. We dominated the game throughout, out possessing and out shooting our opponents. Neither side managed to score in the 90 minutes. A quick substitution payed dividends and just 2 minutes into extra time Flisar the sub on scored to send the fans into raptures. Amer Krcic then doubled our lead 8 minutes later. Final

Squad

Top Scorer - Krcic, 18

Most Assists - Krcic, 15

Most MOM - Krcic, 7

Ave Rating - Krcic, 7.25

Finances | Affiliated Clubs

Targets For New Season

• Survive
  • Enjoy Europe

Season | Club                 | Division                | Position | Cup             | Europe          
08/09  | Mura                 | 2. Nogometna Liga       | 1st      | Winners         | N/A

2009/10 - NK Mura 05 - PrvaLiga Telekom Slovenije

Predicted - 9th

Positions Graph

Transfers - 7 players left Mura in the close season, including first teamers Petek for 4k to Drava and Snajder to Zagorje for free. The others were all released.

8 players came in. I raided Nafta for three of their first teamers, those including D/ML Adlesic and young CB Bajlec, those all for free. I signed experienced striker Simon Prudic from Livar, not the best finisher but used well as target man. I also signed Jernej Bozic a 16 year old regen forward with promising stats. The last transfer was the 14k record signing of Croat Zvonko Pamic from Rijeka.

League - All in all a superb season for Mura, managing to win the title in my first season in this league. Like I said in the previous update that there wasn't too much difference between the leagues, after I had won the Pokal Hervis. We started mildly, winning one, losing one, winning one etc etc before we created a little unbeaten run, at one point we had drawn five in the last 7. From then on in the thing we didn't do was lose. We drew games we were meant to lose which helped greatly. We then pushed for the top with a 6 game winning streak the record for the league at the current time. However we did lose the top spot for a week. That was after a defeat to Domzale, injuries the problem. That meant it was tight at the top. The run in was difficult, we drew to Gorica 0-0, but then beat Koper 1-0, thrashed Nafta 4-0 and drew with Zagorje, allowing the teams back in. Our last game of the season was against Maribor, tough or what? Fresh from a all important cup win over the same side, our heads were high and morale was low. Great timing. We won 3-1 to hand us an unexpected title win.

Pokal Hervis - We went straight into the third round against Zagorje. We thrashed them 4-0. That set up a quarter final tie with Nafta, a much tighter game but we dispatched them 1-0, Prudic scoring in extra time. We went into the Semi's on a high and against 2. Liga opposition I thought easy. Not so! Bela Krajina were tough and we lost the home leg 2-1, to be fair our squad was depleted with us having to play a number of youth. The second leg was different, back to full strength we thrashed them 3-0 in their own back yard, we were in the final again. We were up against Maribor again, our previous meeting saw us win 5-1 in the league, could it happen again? We did win, but only 1-0. Simon Prudic becoming a hero, he scored after only 12 minutes meaning we had to hold on for 78mins. They battered us throughout but we defended with class to see out the game. Final

Europa League -We were handed a tough 3rd Qualifying round against Slovakian side Artmedia. We managed a 1-1 draw away at theirs, before a majestic 2-0 win at home, new signings Bozic and Tasic the scorers. We were gifted a tougher tie in the next round, this time German side Hertha Berlin visited our small stadium and defeated us 2-0. The second leg was no different and I expected to lose heavier than we did, just 2-0 again. So Mura's first season in Europe was fun and we gained around 500k from just those two rounds, quids in!!

Squad

Top Scorer - Sres, 14

Most Assists - Ristic, 9

Most MOM - Bozic, 5

Ave Rating - Kunstelj, 7.15

Targets For New Season

• Again Enjoy Europe
  • Possible Club Move?

Season | Club                 | Division                | Position | Cup             | Europe          
08/09  | Mura                 | 2. Nogometna Liga       | 1st      | Winners         | N/A
09/10  | Mura                 | PrvaLiga                | 1st      | Winners         |Europa League 4th Qual Round

2010/11- NK Mura 05 - PrvaLiga Telekom Slovenije

Predicted - 3rd

Positions Graph

Transfers - Lots out and lots in. We suffered because of it, the team didn't gel and became unsettled. We struggled in all competitions. More to come from that. Players that left included, Ristic, Camdzic, Benkic and last seasons top scorer Sres. A further seven players left.

Twelve players came in for a overall cost of 120k. In came some quality players including Krsic, Rezonja from Celje, and Kalin all for free. We spent 10k on Voronak from Dun Streda who became a good player from the bench, scoring 10 goals. I signed a new goalkeeper, a German from St.Pauli for 14k. Lopez joined for a club record fee of 60k. We then spent 35k for Zilina's centre back Martin Nosek. The likes of Tomazic, Schmeid, Krkso, Koitka and Djakovic all signed as back up to the first team with the view to taking a first team spot.

League - We started poorly, although we did win the odd couple of games against Gorica and Interblock. We had back to back losses to Domzale and Maribor, our main two rivals. We did then win against Rudar, Koper and Nafta but we were already a few too many points behind. Two away games in a row brought us no points at all, we went behind further. However, 4 consecutive home games later we had started a little run, we beat Domzale, Celje, before drawing away at Maribor. Before it had really got going we lost to Koper, 2-1. That sparked a changed, we began to score freely again and we won games with ease. Consecutive wins over Nafta, Gorica, Primorje, Interblock got us back in the game. We put five past Celje and three past Koper, we then had a string of 1-0 wins to bring us level with Maribor in 2nd place.

We continued our last 5 games with great ease, 2-0 over Maribor, same over Interblock, 3-1 over Rudar, 3-0 over Celje and a fine 5-0 win over Koper. The win over Interblock put us just three points behind top spot. The win over Celje drew us level with Domzale and the victory over Celje put us 2 points ahead of Domzale. The last game of the season, was fantastic. A hat-trick from Rezonja first but a win that ensured we won the league.

Pokal Hervis - I think they say 'Cups suck Arse'

Champions League - We drew Norway's Stabaek in the 1st Qualifying round. A disappointing 1-1 draw at home was overshadowed by a fantastic 4-0 away win. With Prudic, Lopez, Krkso and Voronak the scorers. That set up a second round tie with Sweden's AIK. We lost 2-1 at home in another poor display. We failed to put our chances away in the second leg, therefore we went out but into the Europa League.

Europa League - We met Dinamo Bucharest in the 4th Qualifying round, we were away first time round where they were just a little bit too strong, losing out 1-0. At home again we failed to take our chances only managing a 0-0 draw. We were out of Europe.

Squad

Top Scorer - Rezonja, 23

Most Assists - Pamic, 12

Most MOM - Rezonja, 7

Ave Rating - Rezonja, 7.30

Season Targets

• Again Enjoy Europe - Not as much as last season. Only made 150k this time round.
  • Possible Club Move? - I tried, Oberhausen and Triestina rejected my offer.

Targers for New Season

• Try harder in Europe
  • Again maybe move clubs

09/10  | Mura                 | PrvaLiga                | 1st      | Winners         |Europa League 4th QRound
10/11  | Mura                 | PrvaLiga                | 1st      | Winners         |Europa League 4th QRound

Rasmussen jumps ship!

Lars Rasmussen has left Slovenian side Mura and joined Germany's 3.Liga side Dynamo Dresden. He has been given 1.1m to spend on new transfers and 52k a week to spend on wages. Dresden have just over 5mil in the bank and the chairman is welcome to offers. Predicted 1st in the 3.Liga Dresden find themselves down in 8th and 19 points behind top spot.

Mura were top of the league by 11 points in the PrvaLiga but were out of Europe, bowing out in the group stages of the Champions League.

Archived